View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I didn't expect the bill itself to make it, but the timetable failed.
    So now the UK waits for the EU to decide to give a small extension?

well congratulations to the UK parliament to decide on something for the first time.
    I guess that warrants a slowclap? Good job UK!

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    I would be so much more happier if you lot had gone already. No matter the problems it might bring, just END IT AND FUCKING GO.

Then it would be just YOUR shitshow and OUR shitshow we need to think about.
    We would first have to deal with the aftermath of an uncontrolled no deal shitshow, which would be the mother of all shitshows. Clearly nobody wants that so we are riding the lesser shitshow instead.

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    I would be so much more happier if you lot had gone already. No matter the problems it might bring, just END IT AND FUCKING GO.

Then it would be just YOUR shitshow and OUR shitshow we need to think about.
    How though? That's the bit no one can agree on.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

Only a three week extension?

You’re all thinking: another extension. I am thinking: another three weeks listening to Farage

https://twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/s...691009/photo/1

Ah well Boris can take his bill off pause in 2 weeks time and parliament gets even less time to amend it. Result.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

You’re all thinking: another extension. I am thinking: another three weeks listening to Farage

Ah well Boris can take his bill off pause in 2 weeks time and parliament gets even less time to amend it. Result.
    It's not up to nigel or guy, and BoJo's request is until january.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

Donald Tusk seems to be up for accepting the UK's request for an extension, presumably this is until Jan 31st as set out BJ's non-signed letter

'Following PM @BorisJohnson’s decision to pause the process of ratification of the Withdrawal Agreement, and in order to avoid a no-deal #Brexit, I will recommend the EU27 accept the UK request for an extension. For this I will propose a written procedure.'

https://twitter.com/eucopresident/st...37952313004032

...and I think that tweet from Verhofstadt was supposed to be a joke..

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    ...and I think that tweet from Verhofstadt was supposed to be a joke..
    Certainly how I took it. It was practically dripping with sarcasm.

Fuck my life, this shit won't be done by Christmas? Just so sick of this.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Just hang in there. You've got ten years of free trade negotiations coming after this is dealt with.

Honey, this will not be done in this decade. Unlikely it will be done in the next one.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Just hang in there. You've got ten years of free trade negotiations coming after this is dealt with.
    Oh yes short of revoking article 50 completely this is not going to be done for a decade or more. The initial brexit acceptance would just be the start of the long process of putting everything back into place that is needed so if people are sick of this brexit stuff then they are in for a surprise.

This pic seems to say it all:

Nope, just to cheer you up a little even if Johnson gets deal through we could be having exactly the same the conversation at the end of the transition period! Great, innit!

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Oh yes short of revoking article 50 completely this is not going to be done for a decade or more. The initial brexit acceptance would just be the start of the long process of putting everything back into place that is needed so if people are sick of this brexit stuff then they are in for a surprise.
    At this pace the EU might have an FTA with North Korea sooner than with the UK

Nope, just to cheer you up a little even if Johnson gets deal through we could be having exactly the same the conversation at the end of the transition period! Great, innit!
    There are lots of ifs in this story. Chief among them is whether he even wants the deal through.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1186749078408970247

Could we finally be getting an election???
    Would it be for the best?
    Edit: your public is not exactly revered for its legendary wisdom ...

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    There are lots of ifs in this story. Chief among them is whether he even wants the deal through.

- - - Updated - - -

Would it be for the best?
    Edit: your public is not exactly revered for its legendary wisdom ...
    Johnson is desperate for a deal.

Something has to change and I think that comment is a little unfair - I think the same criticism could be levelled at the voters in many countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Any the government has been forced to update it's Brexit advertising.

Johnson is desperate for a deal.

Something has to change and I think that comment is a little unfair - I think the same criticism could be levelled at the voters in many countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Any the government has been forced to update it's Brexit advertising.

Fair, the same would go for any country.
    Now the public will have to to choose between a vaguely sound 500 pages piece of legislation, and no deal.
    One side will try to argue how reasonnable the 500 pages nobody could really fathom are. Article by article.
    The other side will just spew " let's get on with it".
    In your experience, who wins?
    Last edited by Demolitia; 2019-10-22 at 09:29 PM.

Yeah, this is just the agreement to figure out agreements on trade etc. It's the basis for the next decade of negotiations between the UK and the EU. That is precisely why it is so critically important to get this right and why it is absolutely correct for Parliament to demand more than 24 hours of consideration and debating time to scrutinize the advantages, disadvantages and loopholes that the legislation (which is something like 120 pages plus another ~300 of explanatory notes and clarifications) would entail, especially in consideration of the fact that the government has yet to publish the economic impact study which would normally accompany a bill such as this one.

So more money spunked up against the wall preparing for no-deal at the end of October, despite that being legally impossible. How much are we on the hook for to cover the costs of the extra ferries that we aren't going to need? How much have we wasted getting people "ready" for something that wasn't going to happen?

Tories; the party of good economic sense. Apparently.

And to make matters worse, we've disappointed dribbles. Again. But I'm sure in the little warped bubble of "reality" he lives in, he is already painting this as a win.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Brexophilia: The act of rubbing yourself against dead political ideas for sexual pleasure.