View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #26001
    Its almost like Canada doesn't share fishing grounds with the EU. who could possibly have known this before signing the WA.

    The general principles of a 'Canada deal' are still on the table, they never left but we have been over this before so I will simply once again link the picture.
    This is a 'Canada deal'.

    Its simply a deal that is not all the other kinds because they cross a red line for the UK.
    No one has ever pretended its a copy paste document where you only change the name Canada for United Kingdom.
    But hey, you know that and your just pretending to be this dense.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  2. #26002
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    22,081
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    How quickly you forget. Who was it who said :-

    "From the very beginning, the EU offer has been not just a Canada deal, but a Canada+++ deal."

    In response the UK said fair enough OK we'll sign your WA then, job done. Soon as we signed the EU took the Canada deal off the table. Todays UK response to that deceit is we are now formally taking the WA off the table, null and void if you will, unless offered a CETA equivalent as a minimum. Jeez and you call us untrustworthy.

    Oh btw big news anouncement from today you may have overlooked in the brexit hubris as the UK prepares to join what will probably become the biggest bestest trade bloc in the whole wide world. Makes the 11 trade deals we "enjoyed" within the EU look rather small and irrelevant and we don't have to pay 350 million quid a week to join it, win win for the UK I say. /3 cheers for brexit!

    UK takes major step towards membership of Trans-Pacific free trade area


    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...ree-trade-area

    There's a big world outside the EU village eurochums, ever thought about joining us in it?
    Right, no substance.

    I see you also improved your math skills. 11 trade deals we "enjoyed" within the EU ignoring the 26 trade deals that came with being part of the EU. Anyways, congrats on maybe someday being part of the CPTPP and the trade that will help ease the pain from the crash that will come 2021.

    Biggest trade bloc *giggle*, even with you it's not anywhere close to what the EU already has.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  3. #26003
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its almost like Canada doesn't share fishing grounds with the EU. who could possibly have known this before signing the WA.

    The general principles of a 'Canada deal' are still on the table, they never left but we have been over this before so I will simply once again link the picture.
    This is a 'Canada deal'.

    Its simply a deal that is not all the other kinds because they cross a red line for the UK.
    No one has ever pretended its a copy paste document where you only change the name Canada for United Kingdom.
    But hey, you know that and your just pretending to be this dense.
    The EU shouldn't have offered a Canada deal under false pretences then should they? If they had been open honest and a good faith actor they might have mentioned prior to the WA signing the small matter of wanting to nab all our fish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Right, no substance.

    I see you also improved your math skills. 11 trade deals we "enjoyed" within the EU ignoring the 26 trade deals that came with being part of the EU. Anyways, congrats on maybe someday being part of the CPTPP and the trade that will help ease the pain from the crash that will come 2021.

    Biggest trade bloc *giggle*, even with you it's not anywhere close to what the EU already has.
    If Biden is elected in a few weeks how long will it be before he takes the US into the CPTPP? It will be the bigliest and bestest then hey? Even Trump might reconsider if he is re-elected.

    Conveniently side-steps the Pelosi problem and her wish to block a US/UK deal too! It's quite possible the CPTPP could become the new and improved version of the WTO, best not to miss out I say.

    Happy days for us.

  4. #26004
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    22,081
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    If Biden is elected in a few weeks how long will it be before he takes the US into the CPTPP? It will be the bigliest and bestest then hey? Even Trump might reconsider if he is re-elected.

    Conveniently side-steps the Pelosi problem and her wish to block a US/UK deal too! It's quite possible the CPTPP could become the new and improved version of the WTO, best not to miss out I say.

    Happy days for us.
    Why should Biden sidestep Pelosi? How high are you right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  5. #26005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Why should Biden sidestep Pelosi? How high are you right now?
    UK joins the global CPTPP has a free trade deal with everyone in it. Biden then takes the US into the CPTPP = UK now enjoys a trade deal with the US by default.

  6. #26006
    Warchief
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dual US/Canada
    Posts
    2,012
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    UK joins the global CPTPP has a free trade deal with everyone in it. Biden then takes the US into the CPTPP = UK now enjoys a trade deal with the US by default.
    The UK is talking about starting negotiations to join the CPTPP. That's still very very early in the process, they still would need to actually, y'know, begin negotiations and then succeed at them. It took them several years to negotiate and FAIL with the EU. And why should the countries accept a deal with the UK once the UK proves that it doesn't actually follow the terms of deals it makes? Canada has already indicated that we support the RoI with regard to the GFA, and the UK declaring that it intends to break international law is another black mark on negotiations.

    The reality is that the CPTPP is not going to save the UK. If the UK can stabilize, prove itself a good faith actor, and come up with something that the CPTPP members want, then they'll be allowed in. But we'll absolutely wait and see if that's the case, we simply have nothing to gain by rushing things in order to bail out your problems. You have to keep in mind that you're negotiating hat in hand for handouts from the CPTPP, not from any position that is going to let you be dictating terms.

  7. #26007
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Oh btw big news anouncement from today you may have overlooked in the brexit hubris as the UK prepares to join what will probably become the biggest bestest trade bloc in the whole wide world. Makes the 11 trade deals we "enjoyed" within the EU look rather small and irrelevant and we don't have to pay 350 million quid a week to join it, win win for the UK I say. /3 cheers for brexit!

    UK takes major step towards membership of Trans-Pacific free trade area


    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...ree-trade-area

    There's a big world outside the EU village eurochums, ever thought about joining us in it?
    I'm just gonna be efficient here and reiterate my post from a few pages ago. I just had to bolden the lie in this post and everything else works. Amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    As for Dribbles' inane rantings... that bolded part is factually impossible and an outright lie. As usual from the likes of Dribbles. It is a legal impossibility, see Article 2.8 of the EU-Japanese Trade Agrement, that is already in force:

    4. Where a Party grants a larger or faster tariff reduction, higher quota or any other more favourable treatment than that provided for under this Agreement to a third country based on an international agreement for goods covered by paragraph 3 which affects the balance in the European Union's or Japan's market of such goods, the Parties shall, with a view to ensuring that the other Party obtains at least the same preference, commence such a review within three months of the date of entry into force of the international agreement between the European Union and that third country or between Japan and that third country, and will conduct the review with the aim of concluding it within six months of the same date.
    Why did I know what to look for? Because this paragraph is in almost every single one of the more comprehensive EU trade agreements. There will never, ever be a situation where the UK can go to any country that the EU already has a trade deal with (ie. all but one on this planet so far) and demand a better trade deal. It is by definition not possible for the UK to ever get a better trade deal than the EU has.

    Of course, Brexiteers and other people of comparable mental state (ie. unstable) don't know this, because they never look into the legal texts. And when reality hits their snowflake bubble, they are shocked and blame the EU for blackmail tactics or some other drug-induced fantasy they make up on the spot.
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Biggest trade bloc *giggle*, even with you it's not anywhere close to what the EU already has.
    It's also, legally, an impossibility. Ie. Dribbles' all too happy to believe any bullshit they feed him. Poor guy. He doesn't have the mental capacity to do any kind of critical thinking.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  8. #26008
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    4,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'm just gonna be efficient here and reiterate my post from a few pages ago. I just had to bolden the lie in this post and everything else works. Amazing.



    - - - Updated - - -



    It's also, legally, an impossibility. Ie. Dribbles' all too happy to believe any bullshit they feed him. Poor guy. He doesn't have the mental capacity to do any kind of critical thinking.
    Well perhaps the UK expects that all countries disregard the agreements they have made same as the UK apprantly intends to do?

  9. #26009
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    22,081
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    UK joins the global CPTPP has a free trade deal with everyone in it. Biden then takes the US into the CPTPP = UK now enjoys a trade deal with the US by default.
    Now that's a good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  10. #26010
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    13,044
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    UK joins the global CPTPP has a free trade deal with everyone in it. Biden then takes the US into the CPTPP = UK now enjoys a trade deal with the US by default.
    There's a lot of "if"s you're skipping over there.
    *IF* the UK joins the CPTPP
    Then *IF* Biden is elected
    Then *IF* he wants to join the CPTPP
    Then *IF* they let them join.

  11. #26011
    It's kinda funny by now.
    Every few weeks, I look into this thread and skim over the pages I missed. And it's always the same. dribbles talking bs, the rest calling him out, he doesn't care and posts links that actually support the rest and he is just too stupid to realize.

  12. #26012
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Well perhaps the UK expects that all countries disregard the agreements they have made same as the UK apprantly intends to do?
    I think it's more that the UK haven't actually read an FTA, yet. Let alone the ones made by the EU (and their partner countries). If there's one red line throughout this whole process of Brexit it's that British politicians do not read a lot. Certainly not anything related to what they're blabbering on about. And absolutely not the very specific thing they are trying to change. Everything they say about the EU? Wrong, as you can read for yourself in the EU treaties. GFA? They kinda forgot about that. Their claims about FTAs? They do not actually understand how international trade works. WTO? They never looked into it, it was just brought up by one drunk minister after a wild evening dinner at May, cos he wanted to go home and bang his wife instead of looking at her ghastly face...

    And people like Dribbles just feed into that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  13. #26013
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54097320

    If the UK government doesn't ditch plans to do bring in illegal laws, it's being dragged into court.

  14. #26014
    When this turns to shit, I just can't wait to see who gets the blame. Boris goes back on a deal that he pushed through and won an election on, now says it is a bit shit and needs changed. Can't wait to see how this is the remoaners fault. I am not convinced that simply pointing over there and shouting "foreigners!" will cut it this time, it might, but it seems even his own party (with some obvious exceptions) is now starting to ask the question "wtf man?".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post


    Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

  15. #26015
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54097320

    If the UK government doesn't ditch plans to do bring in illegal laws, it's being dragged into court.
    From the bashing this bill is taking in the house of Lords at the moment, that thing has 0 chance to pass.

  16. #26016
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    From the bashing this bill is taking in the house of Lords at the moment, that thing has 0 chance to pass.
    Bojo could still try to force it through with an act of parliament if the lords reject it a few times.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    When this turns to shit, I just can't wait to see who gets the blame. Boris goes back on a deal that he pushed through and won an election on, now says it is a bit shit and needs changed. Can't wait to see how this is the remoaners fault. I am not convinced that simply pointing over there and shouting "foreigners!" will cut it this time, it might, but it seems even his own party (with some obvious exceptions) is now starting to ask the question "wtf man?".
    Don't underestimate idiots and their numbers. During the anti mask protest a week or so ago there were people there flying the flag of the British Union of Fascists. Brexit is a cult like trumpism.

  17. #26017
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    22,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Bojo could still try to force it through with an act of parliament if the lords reject it a few times.
    And then it ends up at the courts?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  18. #26018
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Bojo could still try to force it through with an act of parliament if the lords reject it
    If it gets through parliament.

  19. #26019
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    If Biden is elected in a few weeks how long will it be before he takes the US into the CPTPP? It will be the bigliest and bestest then hey? Even Trump might reconsider if he is re-elected.

    Conveniently side-steps the Pelosi problem and her wish to block a US/UK deal too! It's quite possible the CPTPP could become the new and improved version of the WTO, best not to miss out I say.
    Assuming UK joins CPTPP, and the US president also wants to join CPTPP (despite neither presidential candidates being that much in favor of free trade):

    Then congress, including Pelosi, still has to vote on the US joining CPTPP.
    The "Fast Track Authorization" only means that there will be a vote, and it will be without amendments, not that it will pass.

  20. #26020
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The EU shouldn't have offered a Canada deal under false pretences then should they? If they had been open honest and a good faith actor they might have mentioned prior to the WA signing the small matter of wanting to nab all our fish.
    It is almost as if you are implying that Canadian goverment were/are morons who did not understand what they were signing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •