View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Considering russian wealth and the Kremlin currently mostly seems to have ties with the Tories.
    Well, bear in mind that the modern Kremlin isn't the Cold War Kremlin . The old utopian Bolsheviks have been replaced with Russian nationalists, so yeah, bit different .

Quote Originally Posted by Vantisara View Post
    The "small government" types seem to be strangely absent when banks are being subsidized by the state. You people only want small government when it hurts the poor.
    Speak for yourself. Bailing out the banks to prevent little things like civil unrest and riots is one thing (anyone remember Northern Rock & all that?), but what actually happened... not so much.
    Still not tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Historically it's been the exiled eussian oligarchs from the 90s who are found on tory doner lists, but wouldn't Suprise me to find the kremlin putting out tory propaganda but I also expect there putting out Labour propaganda too, as was shown in the Muller report there mainly interested in stoking division more than one side winning, obvs they wanted trump over hillary in the states as hillary was clearly gunning for them, but the UK cons have been too anti Putin over the years to call them allies, the longer there's hung parliaments and the longer the UK is consumed by internal division and issue the better it is for Russia and that's all Russia actualy cares about.
    The Russian stake in this has always been about breaking up the EU.

The Lightbringer Monster Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The Russian stake in this has always been about breaking up the EU.
    that as well,

also prevent an EU combined army.

and push turkey away from the eu and nato and under there influence.

and keep everyone from remembering they have basically held eastern ukrain and Crimea for years now.

they gain a lot by keeping us focused on internal problems, and dividing us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Well, bear in mind that the modern Kremlin isn't the Cold War Kremlin . The old utopian Bolsheviks have been replaced with Russian nationalists, so yeah, bit different .

Speak for yourself. Bailing out the banks to prevent little things like civil unrest and riots is one thing (anyone remember Northern Rock & all that?), but what actually happened... not so much.
    catch 22 for the Tories though as there backed by alot of exiled oligarchs putin threw out that have alot of there plunder invested in london.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    They aren't promising tax cuts, except the tax cuts you just mentioned...

As to spending, more police, more nurses, restarting nursing bursaries, more hospitals, spend billions on new homes, create 250k new childcare places, £2 billion to fill potholes...

I think that constitutes increased spending and cutting taxes.

So thanks for letting me feel free to correct you.

If you think getting 50k new nurses isn't pie in the sky I've got a bridge to sell you, fwiw I'm a nurse, so I can guarantee you we aren't getting 50k new nurses.

I haven't included the 70 billion his Brexit plan is expected to cost us.
    My point was that the Tories are planning to return to pre crash levels of spending, that's shit we used to think we could afford but stopped because of austerity. If you want to go into specifics though...

They aren't promising 50k new Nurses, it's 32.5k new Nurses and the rest will be coming or more accurately, staying. They hope more Nurses will stay on and are using that to pad up the figure. Costed at >3 billion per year.

0 new Hospitals, it's a pledge for 2025-30 and is completely uncosted because they won't be building any.

20k new Police, 750 million pledged and 45 million already dropped.

Renewing the Affordable Homes Programme which so far has consistently failed to meet any of it's target coupled together with the parties bungled past effort with "Starter Homes" means why even fucking bother costing this. They won't be building shit.

So no, I'm not really convinced about this massive spending you're projecting from the Tories. 70 billion spent on Brexit!? Have you not read any of dribbles posts? The sheer gall of insinuating Brexit will be anything less than a net positive! The shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    My point was that the Tories are planning to return to pre crash levels of spending, that's shit we used to think we could afford but stopped because of austerity. If you want to go into specifics though...
    I get what you're saying tbf, like I said in my first post you quoted they're going to revert all the cuts they did previously.

I get what you're saying tbf, like I said in my first post you quoted they're going to revert all the cuts they did previously.
    Not all. There’s no mention of reverting the cuts to local authority or social care spending. At best, these are partial reverts in some sectors, and even then they’re 10 year plans, and as such not worth the paper they’re written on; if Boris’s word has any value to start with.

Not all. There’s no mention of reverting the cuts to local authority or social care spending. At best, these are partial reverts in some sectors, and even then they’re 10 year plans, and as such not worth the paper they’re written on; if Boris’s word has any value to start with.
    Oh all right, I shouldn't have said all! I accept the poor wording on my part.

A terrible manifesto.

What I don’t understand when reading political manifestos is when a party who’s been in power for ten years says “vote for us and we’ll do such a such”.
    Surely they should be able to go “vote for us, because look at all the great stuff we’ve done over the past decade, vote for us and we will keep being great”. Unless of course, they’re not that great.

Oh all right, I shouldn't have said all! I accept the poor wording on my part.

A terrible manifesto.
    Their only message seems to be Get Brexit Done.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Strong And Stable. Chaos With Corbyn.

Beep Boop Beep.

Chaos with Corbyn is back again, how do they say that with a straight face after the last 2 years?

Chaos with Corbyn is back again, how do they say that with a straight face after the last 2 years?
    Because it doesn't have to be true. The brainwashed followers just have to swallow it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Apparently, that's all they need. Yougov predicts a big majority for them. Guess the UK really wants out. Fine by me.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Apparently, that's all they need. Yougov predicts a big majority for them. Guess the UK really wants out. Fine by me.
    https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...211-snp-43-ld-
    Con+BXP is 46%. Labour Leave voters largely abandoned Labour if you go by the MRP poll; most of their losses to the Tories is in Leave majority constituencies. Lab+LD+SNP+Green+PC is 53%
    So really, that's not what the UK wants but who cares, it's FPTP.

All those Remainers who stayed at home during the referendum must feel really stupid.

The Lightbringer Monster Hunter's Avatar
    Con+BXP is 46%. Labour Leave voters largely abandoned Labour if you go by the MRP poll; most of their losses to the Tories is in Leave majority constituencies. Lab+LD+SNP+Green+PC is 53%

All those Remainers who stayed at home during the referendum must feel really stupid.
    I don't think there has ever been a goverment in the UK that actualy holds the support of the majority of the population.

FPTP is fucking aids

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I don't think there has ever been a goverment in the UK that actualy holds the support of the majority of the population.

FPTP is fucking aids
    Good luck overturning it, ever.

The one interesting thing is, by this particular poll, Labour is the only one with proportional representation.

What it tells us is that the Lib Dems are so absolutely fucking useless they can't even make an dent in strong remain areas.

What it tells us is that the Lib Dems are so absolutely fucking useless they can't even make an dent in strong remain areas.
    Why is it on Lib Dems and not on Labour? the Remain vote is split between both parties.

Why is it on Lib Dems and not on Labour? the Remain vote is split between both parties.
    They're not really in competition with each other though in many constituencies, Lib Dems will mostly compete with Tories but they just don't. Or rather, won't.

They're not really in competition with each other though in many constituencies, Lib Dems will mostly compete with Tories but they just don't. Or rather, won't.
    How so? I honestly don't get what your point is. How are Lib Dems not contesting Tory seats they should by your reckoning have a shot in?

As expected the IMF have said the tories and Labour manifestos are pie in the sky.

Good to see Matt Hancock talking shit, 'we're going to get 50000 more nurses including the 19000 who would leave, so you'll see nurse numbers rise from 280000 to 333000'

Uhhh which is it? 50000 new nurses to take us to 333000 or 31000 new nurses out of 50000 to take us to 311000?