View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Got to love you EU fanatics banging on about ethnic purity. Didn't you learn from the last time that got you in trouble? Moderate and tolerant Brexiteers don't look and judge people from their genetic heritage. Someone born in London, England. Lives in London, England. Works in London, England. You know like our Lizzie the Queen of England? Well she is English.

You lefties never were really any good at maths, probably why Labour borrows and spends too much, passing the debt on to our grandchildren and bankrupts the country everytime it is in power. The Diane Abbot school of arithmetic probably to blame lol

35bn after 4 years at inflation of 3% is still worth 31bn in real terms. Or almost 600 million a week, far more than the 350 million promised on Boris's bus.

At this festive time let's all look forward to the benefits and golden years to come of the great Brexit age.

Not long to go now, Merry Christmas eurochums and tick tock...
    Funny how you talk about overspending and debt while praising Boris's 35 billion. Where do you think that money comes from considering how thoroughly debunked the bus is. It sure isn't EU money that has been magically freed up.

You sound like a US Republican, complaining how the other side isn't fiscally conservative while you spend spend spend on your own projects.
    Do as I say, not as I do.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Since I know I can't manage to teach you morals, or logic, or economics, I'll settle for teaching you maths.

The 2019 budget for the NHS is £129bn. Increase that by 3% a year until 2024 and you get to a shade under £150bn. So if Boris is offering to be spending £35bn more a year by then, £21bn is just covering cost of living effectively. And I'm being kind there and not even taking into account population increases which should mean that it needs to go up even more to maintain the same per capita spend.

So yes, Boris is putting a big number out that might look impressive to the numerically challenged (or in your case the deliberately disingenuous) but it isn't anything like as good as it seems. And remember a lot can change between now and 2024; this is just an aspirational aim. The bus said we would get £350m a week extra just for leaving the EU. Not maybe a fraction of that 6 years later.

But this is a government that believes that stopping 19m nurses from leaving is the same as getting 19m new nurses. So this kind of lying is familiar ground for them.

Oh, and last point. The lefties are the ones that bankrupt the country? When the Tories have added a trillion pounds of debt in the last 9 years? You haven't got a fucking leg to stand on there dribbles, and you know it.
    If I accept your £129bn NHS budget will you accept my CPI (no one uses RPI any more) over the period of 2% not 3? (It could and has been much less recently and I'm being very generous to you source)

It's Christmas let's compromise. So four years from now £129bn becomes £139bn to cover cost of living increases.

Boris's proposal, thanks to Brexit, would increase it more over the four years from £129bn + £35bn = £164bn-£139bn = £25bn pa real terms increase in NHS spending. Still £480 million a week more and far greater than his battle bus promise. The Boris bus was not a lie as you and all remainers still spreading misinformation well know.

And never forget this increase could have been achieved far earlier, probably three years ago, if remainers hadn't subverted democracy and let us leave the damn EU.

Current NHS funding starvation is all on remainers and the EU.

Promising to spend money he doesn't have doesn't make a lie true.

And how can the current lack of NHS funds be the fault of anyone but the people in government for the last 9 years?
    and the EU? just lol.

I've heard more sane arguments from Trump supporters.

Budgets rose by 1.5 per cent each year on average in the 10 years between 2009/10 to 2018/19, compared to the 3.7 per cent average rises since the NHS was established.
    Gee I wonder who was in power during that time. Couldn't possibly be the Conservatives.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2019-12-24 at 01:07 PM.

Speaking as one of those Remainers, I can tell you what I'm going to be doing for the next 5 years. I'll be waiting (breath as unbaited as it can get) to see all those unicorns you promised us. To see all the economic and social benefits that we were absolutely told we would get if only we just got Brexit done. If we see them, then maybe you'll get an apology out of me.

But more likely what we will see is an utter train-wreck of a "solution" in desparate search for the problems it was supposed to fix. The country getting worse as a result of how this lazy feckless PM manages the whole process. And all those right-wing fuckwits that pushed the whole thing through looking for new excuses and new targets for why it failed.

I never wanted this, but at least we get to see Brexit in all its glory. You can't hide behind it not being done right. You can't hide behind it being managed by Remainers. You are going to get the Brexit you wanted, and when it fucks up you get to own the responsibility for it. It wasn't my choice for the outcome, but at least it stops you all sitting on the sidelines whinging about how good it could have been. We all get to see how good an idea Brexit was, and you'll have nowhere to hide.
    I feel for you. I do hope Dribbles' viewpoints on Remainers arent a common occurance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I really don't care, in the end a Brexit is a good thing as long as it weakens the EU.
    Less neoliberalism in the world, less imperialism.. That can only be seen as a good thing.
    Why weaken the EU? we got no imperalialism since WW2... then again.. russian trollbot.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Why weaken the EU? we got no imperalialism since WW2... then again.. russian trollbot.
    Its funny how the EU needs to die to stop imperialism while its Russia that is occupying a foreign nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its funny how the EU needs to die to stop imperialism while its Russia that is occupying a foreign nation.
    But but Russia had Stalin who totally didn't kill anyone, don't forget china who had Mao who was dangerously misunderstood hero who showered kids with milk and cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Mao who was dangerously misunderstood hero who showered kids with milk and cookies.
    Well he did bed 14 year old girls so he may well have showered kids with milk.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well he did bed 14 year old girls so he may well have showered kids with milk.
    I came here to post sarcasm, not to learn :P

It'll take longer than that. Reality takes a fair while to penetrate things that dense. I expect people to still be saying "isn't Brexit wonderful" when the choice is whether to eat stray dogs or tramps.
    No, they'll find out they don't have all the cards when they first show up to the negotiations for a trade agreement and the EU welcomes them with the words "So, about the 39bn, the fate of EU citizens in the UK and that Irish border..."
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No, they'll find out they don't have all the cards when they first show up to the negotiations for a trade agreement and the EU welcomes them with the words "So, about the 39bn, the fate of EU citizens in the UK and that Irish border..."
    Is there a point to negotiating with a government lead by a man who supposedly made up absurd claims like the EU would make fishermen wear hair nets? If he believed that he'd be insane and if he did not he'd be a liar. Either way it is hopeless

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Is there a point to negotiating with a government lead by a man who supposedly made up absurd claims like the EU would make fishermen wear hair nets? If he believed that he'd be insane and if he did not he'd be a liar. Either way it is hopeless
    Let's face it when it comes to negotiations it will likely go like this

EU *fully prepared*: Come up with something meaningful we can go with.
    Boris lot: We want *insert something totally unreasonable even as a starting point.*
    EU: We can't do that how about *insert reasonable EU starting point here.*
    Boris: How dare you insult us. We're British which means we're better than you. Bow to us.
    EU: WTF?
    Boris group: LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY! TWO WORLD WARS ONE WORLD CUP! *hums WW2 movie themes*
    EU: We'll come back later.
    Boris: Ha look at those surrender monkeys.

Sun/Mail/Express: EU cowards walk out of negotiations as an insult to Boris you the British people!
    Brexiteers: Fuck yeah Boris. Show those EU Bureaucrats whose boss!
    Pensioner Brexiteers: NHS might not be able to get my meds, but at least I don't have to be nice to the Pole anymore!

Rest of us: HELP!

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    the circus starts in march, but EU will not wait to state its positions earlier in public. there will be a blame game anyway, so why not tell up front what is what.

Just popped on to wish you all a Happy Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    3. Remainers are traitors, they'd have been shot less than a century ago for what they have done.
    That includes you, Mr D. Despite your shortcomings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Let's face it when it comes to negotiations it will likely go like this

EU *fully prepared*: Come up with something meaningful we can go with.
    Boris lot: We want *insert something totally unreasonable even as a starting point.*
    EU: We can't do that how about *insert reasonable EU starting point here.*
    Boris: How dare you insult us. We're British which means we're better than you. Bow to us.
    EU: WTF?
    Boris group: LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY! TWO WORLD WARS ONE WORLD CUP! *hums WW2 movie themes*
    EU: We'll come back later.
    Boris: Ha look at those surrender monkeys.

Sun/Mail/Express: EU cowards walk out of negotiations as an insult to Boris you the British people!
    Brexiteers: Fuck yeah Boris. Show those EU Bureaucrats whose boss!
    Pensioner Brexiteers: NHS might not be able to get my meds, but at least I don't have to be nice to the Pole anymore!

Rest of us: HELP!
    Lol very funny, is that original or a copy/paste? If original it's the best post of 2019 and so true, you eurohonies are all coming around to my way of thinking.

By "rest of us" you of course meant the one or two remainers in the UK left who just so happen to post here as the UK majority get their Brexmas wish come true in the New Year...

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post

Merry Brexmas to you too Nigel, I hope you left a carrot out for Santa tonight rather than a bottle of Gordons, or even worse EU Prosecco. We don't want Dasher, Dancer, Prancer et al pissed tonight now do we?

I hope that all residents of Londinium and the surrounding land have a joyous Saturnalia.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Well for Mr D Christmas isn't until Jan 7th

But happy Christmas to the rest of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Why not, it doesn't cost the EU much to have a go at it. The EU isn't very picky, they'll take any small achievement out of it and if nothing can be done, we have seen in TTI that the EU can just walk away from the table and never look back. Think the US is more butthurt about that than we are... everytime I mention it they're like "uhh, you're protectionist!"

I'm like "...says the nation that starts trade wars with most of the planet..."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    the circus starts in march, but EU will not wait to state its positions earlier in public. there will be a blame game anyway, so why not tell up front what is what.
    You're right. The EU has said they woulud begin negotiations like that half a year ago. I wasn't making shit up, if anyone thought that. That is a legit official statement on how those negotiations are about to go down.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

We all get to see how good an idea Brexit was, and you'll have nowhere to hide.
    You're giving these politicians a lot of credit. I'll believe it when I see it, they might just end up like May in the end... crawling back on all of their promises as soon as the weight of responsibility and accountability rests upon their own shoulders.

"We never actually -promised- we could get Brexit done, and we're not going to do it if it harms the UK as a whole."
    -Tories 2020
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    You're giving these politicians a lot of credit. I'll believe it when I see it, they might just end up like May in the end... crawling back on all of their promises as soon as the weight of responsibility and accountability rests upon their own shoulders.

"We never actually -promised- we could get Brexit done, and we're not going to do it if it harms the UK as a whole."
    -Tories 2020
    interesting years ahead then...
    do they know they cannot reverse Brexit after jan 31 ? afaik the revoke clause will not apply anymore.

On the twelfth day of Brexmas our Boris gave to me...

35bn to the NHS
    40 new hospitals
    50000 nurses
    Got Brexit done,
    Immigration by points
    Mwahhhh sovereignty
    20000 new police
    and a Tory majoritieeeeee

Enjoy your freedom sprouts today eurochums.

Morrisons accused of renaming Brussels Sprouts to appease 'Brexit Britain'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...routs-21159699