View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #26321
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Why weaken the EU? we got no imperalialism since WW2... then again.. russian trollbot.
    Its funny how the EU needs to die to stop imperialism while its Russia that is occupying a foreign nation.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  2. #26322
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its funny how the EU needs to die to stop imperialism while its Russia that is occupying a foreign nation.
    But but Russia had Stalin who totally didn't kill anyone, don't forget china who had Mao who was dangerously misunderstood hero who showered kids with milk and cookies.

  3. #26323
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Mao who was dangerously misunderstood hero who showered kids with milk and cookies.
    Well he did bed 14 year old girls so he may well have showered kids with milk.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  4. #26324
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well he did bed 14 year old girls so he may well have showered kids with milk.
    I came here to post sarcasm, not to learn :P

  5. #26325
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    It'll take longer than that. Reality takes a fair while to penetrate things that dense. I expect people to still be saying "isn't Brexit wonderful" when the choice is whether to eat stray dogs or tramps.
    No, they'll find out they don't have all the cards when they first show up to the negotiations for a trade agreement and the EU welcomes them with the words "So, about the 39bn, the fate of EU citizens in the UK and that Irish border..."
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  6. #26326
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    4,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No, they'll find out they don't have all the cards when they first show up to the negotiations for a trade agreement and the EU welcomes them with the words "So, about the 39bn, the fate of EU citizens in the UK and that Irish border..."
    Is there a point to negotiating with a government lead by a man who supposedly made up absurd claims like the EU would make fishermen wear hair nets? If he believed that he'd be insane and if he did not he'd be a liar. Either way it is hopeless

  7. #26327
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Is there a point to negotiating with a government lead by a man who supposedly made up absurd claims like the EU would make fishermen wear hair nets? If he believed that he'd be insane and if he did not he'd be a liar. Either way it is hopeless
    Let's face it when it comes to negotiations it will likely go like this

    EU *fully prepared*: Come up with something meaningful we can go with.
    Boris lot: We want *insert something totally unreasonable even as a starting point.*
    EU: We can't do that how about *insert reasonable EU starting point here.*
    Boris: How dare you insult us. We're British which means we're better than you. Bow to us.
    EU: WTF?
    Boris group: LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY! TWO WORLD WARS ONE WORLD CUP! *hums WW2 movie themes*
    EU: We'll come back later.
    Boris: Ha look at those surrender monkeys.

    Sun/Mail/Express: EU cowards walk out of negotiations as an insult to Boris you the British people!
    Brexiteers: Fuck yeah Boris. Show those EU Bureaucrats whose boss!
    Pensioner Brexiteers: NHS might not be able to get my meds, but at least I don't have to be nice to the Pole anymore!

    Rest of us: HELP!

  8. #26328
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    4,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No, they'll find out they don't have all the cards when they first show up to the negotiations for a trade agreement and the EU welcomes them with the words "So, about the 39bn, the fate of EU citizens in the UK and that Irish border..."
    the circus starts in march, but EU will not wait to state its positions earlier in public. there will be a blame game anyway, so why not tell up front what is what.

  9. #26329
    Just popped on to wish you all a Happy Xmas.

    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    3. Remainers are traitors, they'd have been shot less than a century ago for what they have done.
    That includes you, Mr D. Despite your shortcomings.

  10. #26330
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Let's face it when it comes to negotiations it will likely go like this

    EU *fully prepared*: Come up with something meaningful we can go with.
    Boris lot: We want *insert something totally unreasonable even as a starting point.*
    EU: We can't do that how about *insert reasonable EU starting point here.*
    Boris: How dare you insult us. We're British which means we're better than you. Bow to us.
    EU: WTF?
    Boris group: LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY! TWO WORLD WARS ONE WORLD CUP! *hums WW2 movie themes*
    EU: We'll come back later.
    Boris: Ha look at those surrender monkeys.

    Sun/Mail/Express: EU cowards walk out of negotiations as an insult to Boris you the British people!
    Brexiteers: Fuck yeah Boris. Show those EU Bureaucrats whose boss!
    Pensioner Brexiteers: NHS might not be able to get my meds, but at least I don't have to be nice to the Pole anymore!

    Rest of us: HELP!
    Lol very funny, is that original or a copy/paste? If original it's the best post of 2019 and so true, you eurohonies are all coming around to my way of thinking.

    By "rest of us" you of course meant the one or two remainers in the UK left who just so happen to post here as the UK majority get their Brexmas wish come true in the New Year...

    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Just popped on to wish you all a Happy Xmas.



    That includes you, Mr D. Despite your shortcomings.
    Merry Brexmas to you too Nigel, I hope you left a carrot out for Santa tonight rather than a bottle of Gordons, or even worse EU Prosecco. We don't want Dasher, Dancer, Prancer et al pissed tonight now do we?

  11. #26331
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,663
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Just popped on to wish you all a Happy Xmas.
    I hope that all residents of Londinium and the surrounding land have a joyous Saturnalia.

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

  12. #26332
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Just popped on to wish you all a Happy Xmas.



    That includes you, Mr D. Despite your shortcomings.

    Well for Mr D Christmas isn't until Jan 7th

    But happy Christmas to the rest of you.

  13. #26333
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Is there a point to negotiating with a government lead by a man who supposedly made up absurd claims like the EU would make fishermen wear hair nets? If he believed that he'd be insane and if he did not he'd be a liar. Either way it is hopeless
    Why not, it doesn't cost the EU much to have a go at it. The EU isn't very picky, they'll take any small achievement out of it and if nothing can be done, we have seen in TTI that the EU can just walk away from the table and never look back. Think the US is more butthurt about that than we are... everytime I mention it they're like "uhh, you're protectionist!"

    I'm like "...says the nation that starts trade wars with most of the planet..."

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    the circus starts in march, but EU will not wait to state its positions earlier in public. there will be a blame game anyway, so why not tell up front what is what.
    You're right. The EU has said they woulud begin negotiations like that half a year ago. I wasn't making shit up, if anyone thought that. That is a legit official statement on how those negotiations are about to go down.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  14. #26334
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    We all get to see how good an idea Brexit was, and you'll have nowhere to hide.
    You're giving these politicians a lot of credit. I'll believe it when I see it, they might just end up like May in the end... crawling back on all of their promises as soon as the weight of responsibility and accountability rests upon their own shoulders.

    "We never actually -promised- we could get Brexit done, and we're not going to do it if it harms the UK as a whole."
    -Tories 2020

  15. #26335
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    4,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    You're giving these politicians a lot of credit. I'll believe it when I see it, they might just end up like May in the end... crawling back on all of their promises as soon as the weight of responsibility and accountability rests upon their own shoulders.

    "We never actually -promised- we could get Brexit done, and we're not going to do it if it harms the UK as a whole."
    -Tories 2020
    interesting years ahead then...
    do they know they cannot reverse Brexit after jan 31 ? afaik the revoke clause will not apply anymore.

  16. #26336
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,577
    On the twelfth day of Brexmas our Boris gave to me...

    35bn to the NHS
    40 new hospitals
    50000 nurses
    Got Brexit done,
    Immigration by points
    Mwahhhh sovereignty
    20000 new police
    and a Tory majoritieeeeee

    Enjoy your freedom sprouts today eurochums.

    Morrisons accused of renaming Brussels Sprouts to appease 'Brexit Britain'

    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...routs-21159699


  17. #26337
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    interesting years ahead then...
    do they know they cannot reverse Brexit after jan 31 ? afaik the revoke clause will not apply anymore.
    That is correct. January 31st we'll be rid of them and their political clown posse.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  18. #26338
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    4,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That is correct. January 31st we'll be rid of them and their political clown posse.




    and to express more joy...some little stuff from Charpentier
    Last edited by ranzino; 2019-12-26 at 12:15 AM.

  19. #26339
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    interesting years ahead then...
    do they know they cannot reverse Brexit after jan 31 ? afaik the revoke clause will not apply anymore.
    They can, however, apply for re-admission (and lose the billions of Euros in exceptions and rebates that they wouldn't normally have got). Oh, and join Schengen and the Euro, of course.

    To borrow a turn of phrase from the currently-banned dribbles: tick tock, counting down the days until they come grovelling back to Brussels begging to be let back in.

  20. #26340
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    4,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    They can, however, apply for re-admission (and lose the billions of Euros in exceptions and rebates that they wouldn't normally have got). Oh, and join Schengen and the Euro, of course.

    To borrow a turn of phrase from the currently-banned dribbles: tick tock, counting down the days until they come grovelling back to Brussels begging to be let back in.
    july will be a first test, UK's chance to ask for extension was ruled out by themselves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •