View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    LOL, I don't even know why I keep asking that question in almost every post. Part of me is very puzzled and genuinely curious what his motivation is. I can't believe he's actually that stupid. And yet, he keeps on doing this... I just want him exposed, maybe. Brexiteers have long left the building here, he's the only one left... makes me wonder if he's actually a Brexiteer. I remember my first instinct and if you go back I made this accusation very early in the thread, that he's a troll. But he keeps skirting that fine line very delicately. I have some respect for his long con here, that's quite some dedication, but of course he is despicable for actively supporting the killing of people.
    I know you must be concerned, your compatriots being big sausage eaters and all that but you miss the overall point.

Someone in this segment of the topic brought up the point that chlorinated chicken of which millions of Americans consume on a daily basis, is unfit for human consumption with the inference that EU standards are higher and holier than thou.

For some balance I would argue that EU standards, enforced on the UK until now, also allow for food IMHO unfit for human consumption.

Enjoy your next EU sausage Slanty, don't look too closely at it, and try to forget you ever read this would be my friendly advice.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.food.gov.uk/about-us/who-we-are

If you don't know these things, why do you make this shit up? Haven't you learned that I absolutely love just picking apart anything you say? It's a little hobby of mine. It feeds into me being lazy, too, because it's so goddamn easy to take whatever you say and assume the complete opposite is true. So much so that I went looking for their website knowing with absolute certainty that I would have a contradicting statement to quote within a minute. I mean, this is just sad.
    That is how Boris Johnson operated when writing articles about the EU..

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I know you must be concerned, your compatriots being big sausage eaters and all that but you miss the overall point.

Someone in this segment of the topic brought up the point that chlorinated chicken of which millions of Americans consume on a daily basis, is unfit for human consumption with the inference that EU standards are higher and holier than thou.

For some balance I would argue that EU standards, enforced on the UK until now, also allow for food IMHO unfit for human consumption.

Enjoy your next EU sausage Slanty, don't look too closely at it, and try to forget you ever read this would be my friendly advice.
    Not someone, everyone in this thread brought up cholorinated chicken. You seem to be the only one that doesn't care. And whataboutisms isn't going to change the fact that you'll be going from a respected member of the EU, dictating things like food standards to the EU, to someone who will have food standards dictated to them by the US. All the while you claim this is to gain control. How you're still alive going through life making the opposite of smart decisions is curious, but thankfully not my concern. What I am concerned with is exposing your lies and showcasing how you support the suffering and death of people habitually. We established that before, don't for a second presume I'm going to forget that you don't care about human lives being sacrificed for your perverse entertainment.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not someone, everyone in this thread brought up cholorinated chicken. You seem to be the only one that doesn't care. And whataboutisms isn't going to change the fact that you'll be going from a respected member of the EU, dictating things like food standards to the EU, to someone who will have food standards dictated to them by the US. All the while you claim this is to gain control. How you're still alive going through life making the opposite of smart decisions is curious, but thankfully not my concern. What I am concerned with is exposing your lies and showcasing how you support the suffering and death of people habitually. We established that before, don't for a second presume I'm going to forget that you don't care about human lives being sacrificed for your perverse entertainment.
    We never had control over our food standards whilst in the EU, we will have more now out. A clear benefit of Brexit.

And even if everyone did bring up chlorinated chicken it still can't be as bad as pus filled sausages. And you guys eat them raw, did you never wonder why some bits of them oozed perhaps a little too much and what it was? Did you think it was just EU juicy goodness?

News for you, it wasn't.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

We never had control over our food standards whilst in the EU, we will have more now out. A clear benefit of Brexit.
    Little England, strong and independent able to negotiate the bestest trade deals with adversaries like USA and China. At the same time not strong enough to influence food standards within her former EU club of friendly nations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Little England, strong and independent able to negotiate the bestest trade deals with adversaries like USA and China. At the same time not strong enough to influence food standards within her former EU club of friendly nations.
    That's why we voted for Brexit, to prevent scenes gifted from the EU like this over the Sunday roast, it should never be allowed...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/794418...family-dinner/

And seriously that's why there will never be agreement over the level playing field by January if it allows things of such a low bar like this. We just don't want to compete at that level.

That's why we voted for Brexit, to prevent scenes gifted from the EU like this over the Sunday roast, it should never be allowed...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/794418...family-dinner/

And seriously that's why there will never be agreement over the level playing field by January if it allows things of such a low bar like this. We just don't want to compete at that level.
    From Aldi UKs website:
    "We’re committed to sourcing our products from the UK

As part of Aldi’s commitment to championing Great British quality, many of our products are sourced from the UK. In fact, our entire core range of fresh meat and milk is from British, Red Tractor approved farms. We are the market leader in the amount of fresh produce we sell which is British.

The British Farming Charter

Our commitment to British farmers is why we’ve signed up to the National Farmers Union (NFU) Back British Farming Charter. We want to meet our customer’s demand for British produce, and by supporting British farming we can become a more food secure nation – and not rely on imports."

Looks like you can't compete at your own level either.

@dribbles is scoring some amazing own-goals here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    @dribbles is scoring some amazing own-goals here.
    Like every rabid Brexiteer, they're not really doing any of this for any reason but to 'own the woke crew'.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The idiotic notion is that his idea of "being strong" is to "control" their standards by opposing the standards of the EU, that they forced onto the EU:

It is literally Groucho Marx', "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." type of self-hate. They're your own rules. And you somehow lost control because you made other people follow those same rules, and that is literally the only factor that makes those rules unbearable enough for you to subscribe as a modern vassal to another nation, actually giving up control over your rules... If he was a horse, we would have to shoot him. He's that disfunctional.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    From Aldi UKs website:
    "We’re committed to sourcing our products from the UK

As part of Aldi’s commitment to championing Great British quality, many of our products are sourced from the UK. In fact, our entire core range of fresh meat and milk is from British, Red Tractor approved farms. We are the market leader in the amount of fresh produce we sell which is British.

The British Farming Charter

Our commitment to British farmers is why we’ve signed up to the National Farmers Union (NFU) Back British Farming Charter. We want to meet our customer’s demand for British produce, and by supporting British farming we can become a more food secure nation – and not rely on imports."

Looks like you can't compete at your own level either.
    Yes and British producers when inside the EU as slaves had to follow EU rules and requirements on the consumption and supply of pustulent meats.

Outside and now free we no longer have to. /three cheers for brexit

Yes and British producers when inside the EU as slaves had to follow EU rules and requirements on the consumption and supply of pustulent meats.

They are minimum standards, not rules.

Did you actually read the article you originally linked? The gland full of pus should have been removed, it being there is a fuck up, not a feature of EU regulations. It's also something that is apparently more common coming from farms that like to cut costs, you know like the ones you are cheering to come over from the US to fuck up the British farming industry.

There are also no rules on on consumption and supplies. it's THE single market. Google it.
    You should also check how EU regulatory agencies function and are governed. I know you won't, because the crass hypocrit you are cannot bother, but there is a always an operational board made of most, if not all national regulatory agencies, and the vast majority of research and working groups to reach agreements and decisions on regulations rely heavily on member state's regulators input. In other words barely anything comes out that hasn't been agreed upon by national regulators or reached a massive consensus, and when they don't there is a dispute mechanism and a board of appeals. For every single one of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Did you actually read the article you originally linked? The gland full of pus should have been removed, it being there is a fuck up, not a feature of EU regulations. It's also something that is apparently more common coming from farms that like to cut costs, you know like the ones you are cheering to come over from the US to fuck up the British farming industry.
    Yes I read it of course. UK producers wanted to check the lymph nodes in pigs for pus in order to reject the meat, the EU banned this procedure saying to its citizens in essence "let them eat the pustules, they enjoy it"

This had the direct effect of (from the article) "Last year we know that there were at least 37,000 pigs' heads with abscesses or tuberculosis lesions in lymph nodes in the head. They won't be cut now. There's no way to see those little abscesses, little tuberculosis lesions without cutting those lymph nodes." said an abbatoir owner.

British producers had to negotiate a special exemption from the EU to carry on inspecting the nodes in order to still export meat of a higher standard to Asia than to Europe who would have refused the product on safety grounds otherwise. The EU consumer got the slops that would be rejected by anyone else.

Did you read the article? Perhaps you'll watch this 5 minute video about it...

Last edited by dribbles; 2020-10-14 at 08:54 PM.

Yes I read it of course. UK producers wanted to check the lymph nodes in pigs for pus in order to reject the meat, the EU banned this procedure saying to its citizens in essence "let them eat the pustules, they enjoy it"

This had the direct effect of (from the article) "Last year we know that there were at least 37,000 pigs' heads with abscesses or tuberculosis lesions in lymph nodes in the head. They won't be cut now. There's no way to see those little abscesses, little tuberculosis lesions without cutting those lymph nodes." said an abbatoir owner.

British producers had to negotiate a special exemption from the EU to carry on inspecting the nodes in order to still export meat of a higher standard to Asia than to Europe who would have refused the product on safety grounds otherwise. The EU consumer got the slops that would be rejected by anyone else.

Did you read the article?
    Your ability to pull things out of context is admirable. Are you Boris Johnson's bastard son?
    There is nothing substantiating your claim that British producers had to negotiate a special exemption. EU regulations set minimum standards. If you want to implement stricter ones, you are free to do so.
    The EU never banned the practice of cutting out nodes. Where did you get this idea? If anything it didn't make the practice of cutting them out automatically in live animals because it was deemed unnecessary. The issue stems from some farmers reusing needles for antibiotic injections. Should we maim all animals just in case some asshole British farmer is too cheap to get a fresh needle for each animal? They are 0.02 cents a pop. If you want we can introduce regulation for some common sense practice the UK decided to ignore. Again.
    But that's not EU rules harming poor EU farmers. That's EU standards to make sure EU citizen don't eat pus filled shit because UK farmers can't get a fresh needle for each animal.
    Once again you are making shit up, and you are not even trying to disguise it anymore.

That's a lie then, you either didn't read the article or you are deliberately misrepresenting what it says. So ignorance or dishonesty, the twin heralds of Brexit.

There's a very simple quote from a Manchester butcher saying the pusy gland should be removed and leaving it on would be a fuck up.

Yes you do, if you want to sell into the EU. Which you still want to, presumably. You will comply with every single standard and regulation that we put on products produced or imported into the EU. Did you think you could just sell us trash because you left? How adorable...

Three cheers for Brexit, because now you don't have a say in those rules and regulations you're going to follow if you ever want to do business with us again. Three fucking cheers indeed... lol.

He’s a fucking idiot and needs to be treated as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    2nd time now that the EU called BoJo's bluff...
    It can hardly be qualified as a bluff, it's that transparent and pointless. Especially the UK itself is responsible for these delays by not actively participating in the negotiations other than whining about fishing. Also, the EU isn't so much "calling the bluff" as it relies on proper procedure and processes to be finished before anything gets done. Some call it bureaucratic, but it's nice to dot your i's and cross your t's before making rash decisions like some countries these days... not calling any names.