View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Of course I voted for them until non representative Theresa the appeaser and her gang were booted out. Now we hold Boris's feet to the fire ensuring a proper Brexit for all to benefit from...

I'm pleased you brought up important questions about fishing, here's one I'd like answered and borrowed from facts4eu.org How can a nation surrounded by sea be turned into a net importer of fish?

In 1990 the UK exported 53% more fish than it imported
    By 2018 the UK imported 78% more fish than it exported

Excellent example of how damaging the EU has been to the UK. If the EU wanted to share the fish where are our UK vineyards in France? Share the EU grape equally I say. Where is our share of the German auto industry? Share the wheels equally I say and so on and so on.

Oh no, the EU was take take take. No wonder we as a free spirited nation voted to leave and not just once, over and over again at every chance we could.
    Isn' this just supply and demand economics at work. It isnt the 70s anymore when friday dinnertime is fish and chips, people eating hanits changed and consequently it became more profitable to sell to the EU.
    I come from around newlyn and the big local fisheries sell heavily to exporters and the major supermarkets but very little locally as there is so much stock from locals who dont have the infrastructure to export.
    In regards to actual brexit, fishing and agriculture will be on the table in any trade agreements as we have to leverage something and if we cant leverage the NHS those markets are open to exploit.
    "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
    Last edited by gtempest; 2020-01-21 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Of course I voted for them until non representative Theresa the appeaser and her gang were booted out. Now we hold Boris's feet to the fire ensuring a proper Brexit for all to benefit from...
    Did it ever occur to you that it might be better to find an advocate for Brexit who actually believes in it rather than Boris...who clearly believes in nothing.

Does it now worry you that he will sell you all out the moment it becomes politically expedient to do so. Say, for example in 2025 when 10% of the population that voted for him has died and he has a ton of angry young pro-eu voters to bribe?

The Withdrawal Agreement Bill has been passed into law.

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...56065439600640

@dribbles must be very happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The Withdrawal Agreement Bill has been passed into law.

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...56065439600640

@dribbles must be very happy!
    So does this mean they just accepted the amendments from the house of lords as written then?

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    So does this mean they just accepted the amendments from the house of lords as written then?
    No, they rejected all amendments made by the Lords.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51210602

No, they rejected all amendments made by the Lords.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51210602
    That must be more of that "taking back control" I keep hearing about. So we are now onto the part where we ignore one half of the legislative process because it doesn't agree with us. Next will be neutering the legal branch because it keeps stopping us doing illegal things.

Isn't it great that we can do all these wonderful things that the evil EU stopped us doing?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Brexophilia: The act of rubbing yourself against dead political ideas for sexual pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    That must be more of that "taking back control" I keep hearing about. So we are now onto the part where we ignore one half of the legislative process because it doesn't agree with us. Next will be neutering the legal branch because it keeps stopping us doing illegal things.

Isn't it great that we can do all these wonderful things that the evil EU stopped us doing?
    The thing is... what do you do now, though?

Personally, I'm withdrawing. Stopping listening to LBC. Shouting at the radio a lot less and listening to a lot more music instead, which is nice. I've knocked on the head a lot of community stuff I was involved in. Neighbours all voted Tory / Brexit; it's like, well, sure, but I'm not going to do shit for you now. I will pay less in taxes. I will make life unpleasant for you at every opportunity.

Literally, I feel sick with disgust that these people want to align the UK with the climate change-denying pussy-grabber on the other side of the Atlantic.

Go fuck yourselves, Brexiteers.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    The thing is... what do you do now, though?
    I hope you have a nice pub to drink a pint or cup of tea in peace. And if some Brexiteer doesn't shut up tell him to think a bit quietly until he comes up with what exactly in his life got better by leaving. Should shut them up until for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I hope you have a nice pub to drink a pint or cup of tea in peace. And if some Brexiteer doesn't shut up tell him to think a bit quietly until he comes up with what exactly in his life got better by leaving. Should shut them up until for a while.
    Problem is pubs were a cause of the problem. Drunken idiots who have no formal education thinking they had all the knowledge while on their pub table they kept the mail, express or sun. Then others listening to them over those who spend years in studying how the real world works. Not some useless shit of "Real world experience.". So bars/pubs/etc are no goes for people that basically are sick to death of brexiteers and their outdated world views. Surrendering and being nice to them for fucking things up is not an option either.

Steve Mnuchin says that a US/UK trade could be agreed this year (although the threat to slap a 25% tariff on UK cars in response to proposed digital taxes is a cause for concern). Interestingly he says “What we think is drugs should have similar prices wherever they are, but don’t believe we’re in any position to tell UK what to pay.” which goes against the narrative of some.

This could well turn out to be nothing or it could potentially shape much of Brexit's future.

https://www.cityam.com/us-treasury-s...uck-this-year/

Steve Mnuchin says that a US/UK trade could be agreed this year (although the threat to slap a 25% tariff on UK cars in response to proposed digital taxes is a cause for concern). Interestingly he says “What we think is drugs should have similar prices wherever they are, but don’t believe we’re in any position to tell UK what to pay.” which goes against the narrative of some.

This could well turn out to be nothing or it could potentially shape much of Brexit's future.

So what do you think? Does the current US administration strike you as honest people who wouldn't promise everything to finally take home a win?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

A bunch of times actually.

Any deal we signed with the US this year would be on the basis of the US saying "this is the deal, sign it" and us agreeing. Anything beyond that isn't going to get done in a year, because trade deals don't work like that.

Saying that, the TTIP that was offered to the EU I believe Boris (or possibly Cameron, it may have been a while back) said they would sign it as it was. Even though the EU rejected it as being weighted too much in favour of the US. So I wouldn't put it past Boris and his compendium of morons from just signing that and calling it a sucess.

Any deal we get with Trump in charge will be shit for us, without question.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Brexophilia: The act of rubbing yourself against dead political ideas for sexual pleasure.

Any deal we get with Trump in charge will be shit for us, without question.
    That's a peculiar idea. The reasons why a UK/US trade deal may be less that ideal for the UK has nothing to do with Trump. Trump does not particularly change the US's goals for a trade agreement which are fairly well known.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That's a peculiar idea. The reasons why a UK/US trade deal may be less that ideal for the UK has nothing to do with Trump.
    This is a man that has repeatedly decried existing deals because he doesn't understand trade or economics. He can only look at the balance of payments between two countries and focus on that; a surplus is a good thing, a deficit means the other country is "screwing" the USA. Which means he then looks for deals that he believes will restore that in the US favour, which means to him placing additional taxes on goods coming from that country, while removing any that exist the other way.

So yes, I would see any deal that Trump would be willing to sign off being weighted in favour of the US under Trump. On top of anything related to US Health concerns or the ability of US companies to sue the UK in US courts that are likely to be there regardless of who the President is.

This is a man that has repeatedly decried existing deals because he doesn't understand trade or economics. He can only look at the balance of payments between two countries and focus on that; a surplus is a good thing, a deficit means the other country is "screwing" the USA. Which means he then looks for deals that he believes will restore that in the US favour, which means to him placing additional taxes on goods coming from that country, while removing any that exist the other way.

So yes, I would see any deal that Trump would be willing to sign off being weighted in favour of the US under Trump. On top of anything related to US Health concerns or the ability of US companies to sue the UK in US courts that are likely to be there regardless of who the President is.
    And I'd say you have a slightly better chance at a good deal under Trump's disruptive presence. He is desperate to get deals done to have something to show to the voters in 2020.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

There are british cars americans buy? And where people actually care about the price... unlike when buying Rolls Royce, Jaguar or Bentley.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    There are british cars americans buy? And where people actually care about the price... unlike when buying Rolls Royce, Jaguar or Bentley.
    There are British made cars that Americans buy, roughly 14% of UK produced cars are exported to the US.

There are British made cars that Americans buy, roughly 14% of UK produced cars are exported to the US.
    Yeah, but aren't those essentially only super expensive luxury cars, which is then again, owned by Volkswagen and others?
    Even the Mini is owned by BMW. British car industry is pretty much shattered since the late nineties.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Yeah, but aren't those essentially only super expensive luxury cars, which is then again, owned by Volkswagen and others?
    Even the Mini is owned by BMW. British car industry is pretty much shattered since the late nineties.
    I'm not sure that I understand the point you are making.

Cars produced in the UK could be subject to 25% tariff when exported to the US, it doesn't matter whether the factory that made the cars are owned by British companies or not.

A US/UK trade deal is already a done deal. Just like this one...

Are you watching, Brussels? UK and Japan unite for deal FAR BIGGER than EU’s

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...european-union

Tick tock, one week to go until freedom eurochums and this is what it looks like, the whole world is outside the EU. Who is at the back of the queue now?