View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Well the NHS has been exposed as truly awful during this covid bug that's going around, the sooner it's privatised properly the better. I feel sorry for the government puppets that used to clap for it on their doorsteps, don't see it any more though do you. People know now how bad the NHS really is, no wonder the private healthcare industry is booming.
    I agree with UnifiedDivide… that’s just laughable.

C’mon Mr D, if you have a sensible point to make - make it. This whole wind-up Lefties / #FBPE is boring.

a) The NHS is doing absolutely fine (no thanks to a decade of underinvestment)
    b) The actual problems (inaction, a failed track & trace system, lack of PPE, PPE bought at a premium from government cronies, criminally incompetent use of statistics, flip-flopping etc.) are entirely the result of the actions of an indecisive, incompetent and corrupt Tory government.

I’m looking forward to January and Boris taking early retirement. /violin

No doubt there'll be yet another Tory blood-letting during which we all slowly become ill from a lack of fresh fruit & vegetables as they rot in Calais. God forbid the winner is someone like Patel, who's a psychopath and actually has some balls. It'll be martial law before you know it. I can just see her smirk as she calls the tanks in.

Well the NHS has been exposed as truly awful during this covid bug that's going around, the sooner it's privatised properly the better. I feel sorry for the government puppets that used to clap for it on their doorsteps, don't see it any more though do you. People know now how bad the NHS really is, no wonder the private healthcare industry is booming.

But in better news looks like we are finally getting somewhere with brexit, I hope Barnier, like Boris, is as good as his word.

EU threatens to pull out of Brexit talks if UK refuses to compromise

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...al-brexit-deal

Maybe just 48 hours to go until free, fingers x and tick tock...
    What about that £350m a week that was going to magically appear from the "money we send to Europe" pot? Also, weren't you about to explain how we were going to manage that despite not actually sending that amount, needing to keep some to match EU spending in the UK and of course the massive hole in the economy being left by Brexiting?

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post

C’mon Mr D, if you have a sensible point to make - make it. This whole wind-up Lefties / #FBPE is boring.

b) The actual problems (inaction, a failed track & trace system, lack of PPE, PPE bought at a premium from government cronies, criminally incompetent use of statistics, flip-flopping etc.) are entirely the result of the actions of an indecisive, incompetent and corrupt Tory government.

No doubt there'll be yet another Tory blood-letting during which we all slowly become ill from a lack of fresh fruit & vegetables as they rot in Calais. God forbid the winner is someone like Patel, who's a psychopath and actually has some balls. It'll be martial law before you know it. I can just see her smirk as she calls the tanks in.
    The Tory government policy day to day is supported by Labour at the minute no? It has effectively turned into a coalition as you will see on Tuesday again when the only way Boris will get his way is with Labour voting for his wishes. Proper Tories will vote against Boris, who has appeared to morph into a blonde version of Blair, this coming week.

A ruling government is only as good as the quality of the opposition who hold it to account and currently there is no functioning opposition. The state of the NHS, or National Covid Service as it ought to be called, is as much to do with Corbyn and a distracted Starmer fighting each other in the courts.

Remainers should ask themselves why Boris is in power at all. If they had wrapped their loving arms around and embraced the result of the democratic vote on Brexit Boris would be nowhere near the levers of power in No 10. Boris was elected only to get Brexit done, he is clearly not the right PM to deal with a global pandemic.

Brexit Boris in Downing St is all on rabid remainers though and they were told at the time he would be the result of their actions, but I share your hopes that he will be gone soon after January and he got Brexit done and look forward to a real Tory, someone like our brexiteer she's so Priti taking the reins.

The Tory government policy day to day is supported by Labour at the minute no? It has effectively turned into a coalition as you will see on Tuesday again when the only way Boris will get his way is with Labour voting for his wishes. Proper Tories will vote against Boris, who has appeared to morph into a blonde version of Blair, this coming week.

A ruling government is only as good as the quality of the opposition who hold it to account and currently there is no functioning opposition. The state of the NHS, or National Covid Service as it ought to be called, is as much to do with Corbyn and a distracted Starmer fighting each other in the courts.

Remainers should ask themselves why Boris is in power at all. If they had wrapped their loving arms around and embraced the result of the democratic vote on Brexit Boris would be nowhere near the levers of power in No 10. Boris was elected only to get Brexit done, he is clearly not the right PM to deal with a global pandemic.

Brexit Boris in Downing St is all on rabid remainers though and they were told at the time he would be the result of their actions, but I share your hopes that he will be gone soon after January and he got Brexit done and look forward to a real Tory, someone like our brexiteer she's so Priti taking the reins.
    Getting your excuses in early, again. "It's all the remainers fault". "It's all Labours fault". Nope. This is on you and your crowd. When Brexit hits the brick wall of reality, it will be 100% your fault. Regardless of what fantasy you come up with to try and pass the buck.

Brexiteer will be a darkly comic epithet once the dust settles on this shitshow. You aren't going to be able to distance yourself from the damage this idiocy is going to cause. Tick, fucking tock.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post

So, Dribbles wants to privatise the NHS? Look at the Netherlands, they privatised there healthcare... currently its more expensive for the population with less benefits then for example: Germany or Belgium.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

Legit first time I’ve heard someone claim they’re losing cuz the opposition is too weak xD

hahaha this is pure comedy! Damn you opposition for making us suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    hahaha this is pure comedy! Damn you opposition for making us suck!
    We have all been saying for ages how he and his ilk would blame others, and now the blame game starts....it is beyond parody.

I also love how tanking the economy in the name of fighting covid=bad, tanking it in the name of sticking it to Johnny Foreigner=not just good but a duty. I also see how Gove seems to be listening to experts now. The shamelessness of this mob is unreal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Boris was voted for by Brexiters because they're the type of people who'll believe anything told to them by a posh boy from an expensive school. I don't see how that is the fault of the people who are saying that Brexit is stupid and Boris is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Boris was voted for by Brexiters because they're the type of people who'll believe anything told to them by a posh boy from an expensive school. I don't see how that is the fault of the people who are saying that Brexit is stupid and Boris is an idiot.
    Isn't there an eeny weeny bit of you that wishes remainers the likes of Dominic Grieve and Gina Millar et al weren't quite so forceful in their successful attempts to stymie a more moderate brexit deal with the EU under the tenure of Theresa May?

You were told at the time the outcome would be a Boris led probable no deal government and you sillies carried on regardless. If the cliff edge is indeed real, you remainers pushed and pushed for Boris to be the one to lead the UK over it.

This type of brexit is all on you remainers, and I thank you greatly for enabling it. It wouldn't have been possible without you.

Isn't there an eeny weeny bit of you that wishes remainers the likes of Dominic Grieve and Gina Millar et al weren't quite so forceful in their successful attempts to stymie a more moderate brexit deal with the EU under the tenure of Theresa May?

You were told at the time the outcome would be a Boris led probable no deal government and you sillies carried on regardless. If the cliff edge is indeed real, you remainers pushed and pushed for Boris to be the one to lead the UK over it.

This type of brexit is all on you remainers, and I thank you greatly for enabling it. It wouldn't have been possible without you.
    Isn't there an eeny weeny bit of you that knows that the whole Brexit kerfuffle was inept and idiotic that sold you nothing but lies? If the cliff edge was real, it wouldn't be Remainers pushing you off, you'd willingly jump to the jagged rocks beneath because they told you the rocks were soft and safe to land on.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

Hindsight is 20/20. They were against leaving, so they voted against an awful deal in order to hopefully hash out a better one, or stay in.

I'm wondering why you're not placing the blame on Johnson, Mogg and their pals at the ERG who voted against every one of Theresa May's votes. Those ~30 Tories voted it down just as often as the Lib Dems, the SNP, Plaid Cymru and Labour did.

"It's not our fault we voted for dumb shit - you guys didn't try hard enough to stop us GOD!"

Imagine actually believing shit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    I'm wondering why you're not placing the blame on Johnson, Mogg and their pals at the ERG who voted against every one of Theresa May's votes. Those ~30 Tories voted it down just as often as the Lib Dems, the SNP, Plaid Cymru and Labour did.
    Theresa May's deal was a bad deal for the brexiteers you mention, we knew Boris and Mogg intellectually guided by Farage and Cummings with their gameplan were patiently waiting in the wings, widely labelled at the time as Brexit In Name Only. I'd have thought that BINO would be the best deal remainers could have hoped to achieve under the democratic circumstances of Theresa back then. It wasn't really leaving after all.

But oh no, emboldened they had no shame shouting remain/stop brexit from the rooftops and they wanted to reverse the referendum result, ignoring tens of millions who voted to leave and stay in the EU.

The price of their failure is maybe a no deal and if not certainly a harder brexit as a result of their actions.

For brexiteers and everyone in the UK who believes in the democratic process this year above all others it really is the season to be jolly.

But oh no, emboldened they had no shame shouting remain/stop brexit from the rooftops and they wanted to reverse the referendum result, ignoring tens of millions who voted to leave and stay in the EU.
    Remainers could shout whatever they wanted, they were in the minority.

Tories were not able to come up with a plan when they had the majority and voted everything down themselves a couple times. Actions have consequences, non actions too.

Theresa May's deal was a bad deal for the brexiteers you mention, we knew Boris and Mogg intellectually guided by Farage and Cummings with their gameplan were patiently waiting in the wings, widely labelled at the time as Brexit In Name Only. I'd have thought that BINO would be the best deal remainers could have hoped to achieve under the democratic circumstances of Theresa back then. It wasn't really leaving after all.

The price of their failure is maybe a no deal and if not certainly a harder brexit as a result of their actions.

For brexiteers and everyone in the UK who believes in the democratic process this year above all others it really is the season to be jolly.
    Those Brexiteers you are attempting to absolve of blame were the ones that weren't prepared to accept a more moderate Brexit. They are the ones that are still, to this day, not prepared to accept anything but the kind of deal that the EU can't, and won't give us. If we end up with no-deal, it will be their fault. If we end up with a shitty deal that gives us no "sovereignty" (whatever the fuck that means) and a worse position than we had before, that will also be the fault of the Brexiteers. Because they will be the ones who forced us to try and bluff when the opponents knew full well we had bugger all in our hands.

Those are the choices it will come down to; either we put a bullet in the EUs foot that has to go through our own brain first (no-deal), or we accept a position as a rule-taker with literally no say in the rules (BINO). The first choice breaks the GFA, the second will break up the UK by creating a border between Great Britain and NI. Both shitty outcomes, but that's what Brexit comes down to; a group of clowns that understand nothing forcing a stupid choice on a country that never understood what they were voting for.

Lions led by donkeys? Nope, morons led by fuckwits.

The consequences of your actions hit you in the face in less than a month. Nowhere to hide then.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Nah, I'm mostly upset at the entire Conservative party for misrepresenting how much of a mandate for a particular course the Brexit vote represented, then pushing their House majorities to appease special interest groups within their own parties instead of reaching across the House and trying to figure out exactly why people voted the way they did and trying to find a negotiating position that best catered to the hopes and fears of the majority of people.

BTW you still haven't told me how the government is going to conjure up £350m a week out of a pot that has never contained that much money, has some of its contents earmarked for areas currently EU funded and has to go some way to making up for the financial ruin of the Brexit process.

Sounds like someone is approaching the bargaining stage.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I am Murloc!
    2nd dec and nothing agreed, but still no sign of uproar in UK ?

hoping for miracles or what is UK thinking ?