View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You can add in Belgium to the list, torpedoing the economy based on lies and wanting more benefits while already being the nation who had the most exceptions in the EU is not something that is going down well anywhere.
    seconded by an austrian ...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You can add in Belgium to the list, torpedoing the economy based on lies and wanting more benefits while already being the nation who had the most exceptions in the EU is not something that is going down well anywhere.
    At long last Denmark is first

They said we could never be first, that there would always be the UK but look at us now, we are number one

We have the most opt outs

All we had to do was wait
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2020-02-24 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    At long last Denmark is first

They said we could never be first, that there would always be the UK but look at us now, we are number one

We have the most opt outs

All we had to do was wait
    If you can't beat 'em, outlive 'em!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Still got nearly a year until freedom of movement of goods, capital and people stops.
    As a curious Yank. Is there any kind of analog to "The Resistance" or "Women's March" in the works?

Whats the state of the Left in the UK?
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Let me remind you, WE HAVE LEFT.
    You are sitting in a club, that has a set of rules. You are still required to obey those rules. You've handed in your resignation from the club, but at the moment you are still sat in an old leather armchair, smoking a cigar and reading The Times. All the facilities of the club are still open to you, although you've already given up any say in rule changes that occur between now and when you actually leave.

To anybody with a functioning brain, that looks an awful lot like someone that hasn't left yet. Regardless of his intention to leave, regardless of whether he has said he's going to leave. Regardless of whether his leaving is an inevitability. He still hasn't fucking left yet.

Even after your pyrrhic victory, the urge to lie from you Brexiteers just can't be tamed, can it?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    So your government is using its new found freedom actively looking for ways to half ass the first international agreement it signed. That will surely scream trustworthiness and good faith to your potential future partners. It's certainly a sure way to stay on WTO terms for quite a while.
    Things might be different if there was any chance the UK would break up, but the United Kingdom is rock solid united and behind the position Boris is taking.in threatening to rip up the WA.

And for those project fear doomsayers predicting UK disintegration because of brexit and who can't accept WE HAVE LEFT, latest polling in NI shows 29% for and 52% against a united Ireland.

Just 29% in Northern Ireland would vote for unity, major study reveals

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-38966196.html

Rule Britannia!

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    You are sitting in a club, that has a set of rules. You are still required to obey those rules. You've handed in your resignation from the club, but at the moment you are still sat in an old leather armchair, smoking a cigar and reading The Times. All the facilities of the club are still open to you, although you've already given up any say in rule changes that occur between now and when you actually leave.

To anybody with a functioning brain, that looks an awful lot like someone that hasn't left yet. Regardless of his intention to leave, regardless of whether he has said he's going to leave. Regardless of whether his leaving is an inevitability. He still hasn't fucking left yet.

Even after your pyrrhic victory, the urge to lie from you Brexiteers just can't be tamed, can it?
    We are sitting in our old antique leather armchair, that we paid for, waiting for the removal men to arrive to take it away. No the EU are not keeping it, that is all, no more no less.
    Last edited by dribbles; 2020-02-24 at 06:39 PM.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    As a curious Yank. Is there any kind of analog to "The Resistance" or "Women's March" in the works?

Whats the state of the Left in the UK?
    The left is young, active and vocal. It is fairly well organised. It is also hugely outnumbered by a bloc of boomers that vote partly to defend what little they have, partly because they've been brainwashed by the MSM for decades and partly because they are still a fair bit racist.

If only the under 50s had voted in the last election, the left would have won at a canter. The boomers are fucking idiots, sadly, and they voted for a lying blonde cunt who told them he could fix everything with a sucession of magic unicorns. Most of them will be dead before we can fix the implications of their "democratic" desire.

- - - Updated - - -

We are sitting in our old antique leather armchair, that we paid for, waiting for the removal men to arrive to take it away. No the EU are not keeping it, that is all, no more no less.
    At least you are now admitting that you haven't left yet. That much managed to get through the fact barrier you've erected.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    At least you are now admitting that you haven't left yet. That much managed to get through the fact barrier you've erected.
    Only to gather our belongings before some EU scoundrel snaffles our leather armchair away.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Only to gather our belongings before some EU scoundrel snaffles our leather armchair away.
    But you are still. In. The club. Lol.

Plus even once you’re out of it as said if you renege on the WA the EU can simply tie you lot up with complaints and sanctions by the WTO.

Meaning you get *no* trade deal with anyone unless you play nice.

Has reality finally hit yet? This is what life looks like on the outside. You get no say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I meaaaaan.... he said this. So I highly doubt it.
    Strangely, I think that's the plan.

Boris and the Brexiteers seem perfectly willing to brutalise their own population as long as it means keeping the EU as a scapegoat to enact the worse, most elitist, most bigoted policies possible.

For Dribbles, Brussels has become an eternal Reichstag Fire.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    But you are still. In. The club. Lol.

Plus even once you’re out of it as said if you renege on the WA the EU can simply tie you lot up with complaints and sanctions by the WTO.

Meaning you get *no* trade deal with anyone unless you play nice.

Has reality finally hit yet? This is what life looks like on the outside. You get no say.
    /sigh There are hundreds and hundreds of ongoing complaints between every country at the WTO

https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e...spu_maps_e.htm

From that map you would think global trade has been shutdown, oh wait... Let the EU wail like a baby to the WTO, it won't change a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    /sigh There are hundreds and hundreds of ongoing complaints between every country at the WTO

https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e...spu_maps_e.htm

From that map you would think global trade has been shutdown, oh wait... Let the EU wail like a baby to the WTO, it won't change a thing.
    Did you forget that practically none of these countries trade solely on WTO roles, either, and have other trade agreements to fall back on? The UK does not, and won't given that Boris has indicated no agreement with him or the English are worth anything more than paper.

Turns out when you trade solely on WTO roles their say is disproportionate on your trade. Your fault, not the EU's. Y'all could have had a customs union.

Things might be different if there was any chance the UK would break up, but the United Kingdom is rock solid united and behind the position Boris is taking.in threatening to rip up the WA.

And for those project fear doomsayers predicting UK disintegration because of brexit and who can't accept WE HAVE LEFT, latest polling in NI shows 29% for and 52% against a united Ireland.

Just 29% in Northern Ireland would vote for unity, major study reveals

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-38966196.html

Rule Britannia!
    This is not what I was talking about. I don't care if there is a 100% majority for it, and the Queen publicly says she favours this route. You are cheering at the fact that your government's very first action in January 2021, when you're really, really out, will be to violate a WA that passed into law less than a year before by an overwhelming majority.
    For a Nation with renewed global ambitions, violating international agreements on day 1 is really absolute fucking genius

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not what I was talking about. I don't care if there is a 100% majority for it, and the Queen publicly says she favours this route. You are cheering at the fact that your government's very first action in January 2021, when you're really, really out, will be to violate a WA that passed into law less than a year before by an overwhelming majority.
    For a Nation with renewed global ambitions, violating international agreements on day 1 is really absolute fucking genius
    Moreover, violating the only agreement parliament could manage to produce something approximating consensus on really shows every MP how much their vote is worth to the government (i.e. not at all).

Brexit has become a gang of Eton-educated thugs raping the UK for everything it's worth before it collapses economically.

Did you forget that practically none of these countries trade solely on WTO roles, either, and have other trade agreements to fall back on? The UK does not, and won't given that Boris has indicated no agreement with him or the English are worth anything more than paper.

Turns out when you trade solely on WTO roles their say is disproportionate on your trade. Your fault, not the EU's. Y'all could have had a customs union.
    I have to say, the mean side of me quite enjoys the realisation of some people just now learning how shit WTO rules actually are. I mean, they were told but, damned if they don't have to find out by themselves to actually let it sink in.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I have to say, the mean side of me quite enjoys the realisation of some people just now learning how shit WTO rules actually are. I mean, they were told but, damned if they don't have to find out by themselves to actually let it sink in.
    I think we hit peak comedy with the "I hope you've learned your lesson about buying EU goods since the UK will just delay their transit across the Atlantic" when the obvious outcome is that these companies are just going to start routing shipping directly through continent. Or Ireland.

Honestly I will confess some surprise at BoJo actually reneging on this WA considering getting it passed brought down a government and that doing so will start the UK's "independence" off with a declaration of political unreliability but...this is the bad timeline.

I think in the good timeline the British government managed to reform and set the grounds for a genuinely British identity rather than retreating further into English colonialism.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's quite amazing to see how sheer hatred for the EU just blinds them to the alternative (or lack thereof).
    It feels like watching a friend joining scientology.
    Me: " you know they'll just take your money and brainwash you, right?"
    Brexiteer: "fuck you, Tom Cruise is awesome"

- - - Updated - - -

I think we hit peak comedy with the "I hope you've learned your lesson about buying EU goods since the UK will just delay their transit across the Atlantic" when the obvious outcome is that these companies are just going to start routing shipping directly through continent. Or Ireland.

Honestly I will confess some surprise at BoJo actually reneging on this WA considering getting it passed brought down a government and that doing so will start the UK's "independence" off with a declaration of political unreliability but...this is the bad timeline.

I think in the good timeline the British government managed to reform and set the grounds for a genuinely British identity rather than retreating further into English colonialism.
    Or he just signed something he didn't completely understand and is now drafting an army of lawyers to try and weasel his way out of it.
    Last edited by Demolitia; 2020-02-24 at 08:44 PM.

Jesus Christ! We've gone from an unconfirmed story - which contains no real detail - without a named source that Johnson's government is looking at a way around sea checks between mainland Britain and NI to the UK is going to violate international agreements!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Jesus Christ! We've gone from an unconfirmed story - which contains no real detail - without a named source that Johnson's government is looking at a way around sea checks between mainland Britain and NI to the UK is going to violate international agreements!?!
    Just goes to show you the amount of trust the UK has lost internationally as a result of this episode, don't it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...de-deal-brexit

Hmm, this is getting interesting. And at least for us kinda funny, seeing the UK implode.
    I know that the normal British people can be pretty naive, but BoJo has to know better. This can't even be in the interest of his weatlhy friends.