View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Well, tough.. that's how the cookie crumbles.
    It will be a crumble for all if there is a no deal and the uk has already stated it is willing to walk away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    It will be a crumble for all if there is a no deal and the uk has already stated it is willing to walk away.
    Catch the EU doing their best Willy Wonka talking to Augustus Gloop impression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    YOU JUST AGREED WE HADN'T YET A FEW POSTS AGO.

ALSO, WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING SO MUCH? ARE YOU ANGRY THAT YOU STILL HAVEN'T GOT YOUR BREXIT UNICORN?

It's like the slightly deaf racist old relative that you have to pretend to find amusing at Christmas. While they witter on about how terrible it is that they aren't allowed to call people darkies any more. "It's political correctness gone mad. Bring back National Service I say. I got buggered 5 times a night, but it made a man of me".
    Not shouting at all, just emphasis for the hard of hearing. So once again still don't believe me?

"The UK has already left. We are a third party wanting to do a deal with the EU, not applying to remain in its legal orbit - in tomorrow’s Telegraph"

https://twitter.com/RobbieGibb/statu...14906319867904

How many people have to tell you before take your head out of the sand and accept it. For some remainers I swear it's a case of "I see no ships."
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, cheerio.

Just. How. Dense.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Not shouting at all, just emphasis for the hard of hearing. So once again still don't believe me?

"The UK has already left. We are a third party wanting to do a deal with the EU, not applying to remain in its legal orbit - in tomorrow’s Telegraph"

How many people have to tell you before take your head out of the sand and accept it. For some remainers I swear it's a case of "I see no ships."
    If you hand your notice in at a job, but you are still sat at the desk working, you haven't left yet. You are going to leave, no question, but you haven't left yet.

If this concept is too complicated for you to wrap your head around, it's little wonder you think Brexit is a great idea.

Shall I add emphasis for the hard of thinking?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I love that piece because 5 years ago the reaction would be the same as today. "Duh, that's how the EU works".
    If you want no tariff trade with the EU you have to align with EU regulations and provide a 'level playing field'. This is not a new position for the EU.
    This is not because the EU doesn't understand the UK is leaving, its the opposite. The UK is unable to understand it will leave and will therefor no longer get free and equal access unless they make commitments.
    If the UK wants free access they have be in the EU's orbit. The EU is fine with the UK wanting autonomy, but that means accepting trade will not be equal.

As for the UK being willing to walk away. The EU has been preparing for a no-deal brexit since what, 2 years now? I'm betting they are more ready for it then the UK is.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hand your notice in at a job, but you are still sat at the desk working, you haven't left yet. You are going to leave, no question, but you haven't left yet.

If this concept is too complicated for you to wrap your head around, it's little wonder you think Brexit is a great idea.

Article 50 was the notice being handed in, the current situation is more like the UK having left, and is hanging around in the lobby and using the office gym that it has access to for a while yet.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    i wonder how next week will unfold, when for first time the negotiators will sit face to face and absolutely have to interact with each other instead of twitter their intentions and counterarguments or give press conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    i wonder how next week will unfold, when for first time the negotiators will sit face to face and absolutely have to interact with each other instead of twitter their intentions and counterarguments or give press conferences.
    Eu will arrive with folders on folders.

Tory will arrive with "I got it in my brain, that means I am more prepared... UK number1!"

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Eu will arrive with folders on folders.

Tory will arrive with "I got it in my brain, that means I am more prepared... UK number1!"
    well, it might become a short first meeting, just saying "naaah, come again next week" to each other wont require much folders.

The same way its gone for the last 2 years when they met to negotiate the WA?

This is in no way the 'first time'.

Yes, we are aware of that. We're fine with it. Just... do it instead of yapping on about how you're gonna shoot yourself in the foot all day long. It's getting old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    As for the UK being willing to walk away. The EU has been preparing for a no-deal brexit since what, 2 years now? I'm betting they are more ready for it then the UK is.
    More like four years. Preparations started after the referendum.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    The same way its gone for the last 2 years when they met to negotiate the WA?

This is in no way the 'first time'.
    afaik David Frost was not part of WA negotiations and is new to the table.
    and it is always a first time when you cannot talk about the issues to others, but absolutely have to talk sense. Frost cannot talk to Barnier like No10 does to audience of Daily Mail etc.

afaik David Frost was not part of WA negotiations and is new to the table.
    and it is always a first time when you cannot talk about the issues to others, but absolutely have to talk sense. Frost cannot talk to Barnier like No10 does to audience of Daily Mail etc.
    He is an experiences negotiator judging by his list of positions. He knows what he is getting into and knows how to handle a top level negotiation.

Don't mix camera PR with closed door negotiations.
    The negotiations might turn into a mess but that is no different from the last 2 years and will be from the UK having an unobtainable goal.

The UK has now published its negotiating position and it looks like Johnson is already warning the UK will walk away in June if progress is not fast enough. Let's see how that goes.

7+ Year Old Account

We are not going to leave, we have left. Don't believe me, don't believe any one person, doubt you'll believe the government. But just in case you are not hard of seeing as well as hard of hearing, look at your passport and compare it to the new blue ones being issued. Can you see two words missing from the front cover? Wonder why that is? Perhaps it's because the government, majority of people, but not you, accept we have left. Perhaps you never will...

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    The UK has now published its negotiating position and it looks like Johnson is already warning the UK will walk away in June if progress is not fast enough. Let's see how that goes.
    Now that everyone accepts we have left all that remains is the question of if we do a trade deal with the EU or not. As Boris said today the UK offers the EU no concessions, take it or leave it, fine by us. He also went further such that unless the EU show sufficient progress by June then it is too late, the WA + PD ripped up and all talks are off.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-deal-EU.html

Tick Tock...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

We are not going to leave, we have left. Don't believe me, don't believe any one person, doubt you'll believe the government. But just in case you are not hard of seeing as well as hard of hearing, look at your passport and compare it to the new blue ones being issued. Can you see two words missing from the front cover? Wonder why that is? Perhaps it's because the government, majority of people, but not you, accept we have left. Perhaps you never will...

Now that everyone accepts we have left all that remains is the question of if we do a trade deal with the EU or not. As Boris said today the UK offers the EU no concessions, take it or leave it, fine by us. He also went further such that unless the EU show sufficient progress by June then it is too late, the WA + PD ripped up and all talks are off.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-deal-EU.html

Tick Tock...
    Considering I can still travel and trade with the UK as any other EU country I'm going with 'no, you haven't left'. You have announced your leaving for realz, but you haven't left until 2021.

And you really aren't paying attention if you think the EU gives 2 shits about your threats to walk away. The EU is ready for a no-deal.

ps.
    What is your opinion on a return of the NRA bombings if Boris tears up the WA and in doing so violates the Good Friday agreement?
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2020-02-27 at 02:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering I can still travel and trade with the UK as any other EU country I'm going with 'no, you haven't left'. You have announced your leaving for realz, but you haven't left until 2021.

And you really aren't paying attention if you think the EU gives 2 shits about your threats to walk away. The EU is ready for a no-deal.

ps.
    What is your opinion on a return of the NRA bombings if Boris tears up the WA and in doing so violates the Good Friday agreement?
    My guess is it is also the EUs fault for not giving in to what the UK demands.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's great then, everyone is happy and both sides are ready for that glorious no deal. Group hug in celebration? When, after the no deal, Britain booms and shines like a light to the still imprisoned EU27 and they all want some freedom and begin demanding to leave, what happens to the EU then?

The UK won't break the GFA and will not impose a border across the middle of Ireland. The EU will break the GFA by insisting Ireland puts one up.

Once again the EU will be seen globally to be the bad guys and deal breakers acting against the wishes and interests of their citizens.

That's great then, everyone is happy and both sides are ready for that glorious no deal. Group hug in celebration? When, after the no deal, Britain booms and shines like a light to the still imprisoned EU27 and they all want some freedom and begin demanding to leave, what happens to the EU then?

The UK won't break the GFA and will not impose a border across the middle of Ireland. The EU will break the GFA by insisting Ireland puts one up.

Once again the EU will be seen globally to be the bad guys and deal breakers acting against the wishes and interests of their citizens.
    Did you ever think about a job in propaganda Dribbles? you got some poetic ways.