View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyreg View Post
    Have you been in a coma for the last week?
    Everyone: "What about Brexit is good? Please post sources"
    You and sircaw: "EU bad! EU bad! EU bad!"

And don't turn it around and try to say the opposite because the whole thread has been filled with posts actually linking evidence of Brexit being bad (notice how I said Brexit and not UK like how sircaw keeps trying to put it).

Have you been in a coma for the last week?
    You clearly have answers let’s hear em.

The mental contortions on show here to even attempt to defend the EUs actions over the last week just shows you to be the myopic, eu-zealots that you are, despicable actually.
    Every single UK poster has criticised the EU's actions. Every single one. Quote me one UK poster that defended the EU's position yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm not going to get into the same merry-go-round as usually happens with sircaw, but your point certainly doesn't stand, otherwise I'd actually be trying to "silence" you and running away lol You were wrong on both points.

I also fail to see an echo chamber. sircaw was asked repeatedly for good Brexit news, because we want to see good news, but came up with nothing. Instead, he shifted things about and complained about the exact same things in just about every post. Eternally the victim.

Fact is, negative news on Brexit is just dominant right now, because there are no real wide-ranging benefits to it at present.
    I did not ask you to report only on Brexit positives, i told people like you to be fair in the reporting, and by your replies it shows once again, you are not listening to other people.

I have not asked you to lie, to bend the truth, or try to make out that brexit the second coming of christ, i have asked you. if you're going to constantly deliver negative news about the UK, can you be fair and deliver some positive news. It is definitely out there.

Take this vaccine issue atm, again for some reason it's like drawing blood from a stone, Newspapers and tv stations, countries, i even saw an x high up EU official last night criticizing the eu for what it has done.

Even Mr Barnier, has said what they have done is wrong.

But all i see from you is trying to divert my points, why is that.

I will tell you why you and many others in this thread have an agenda, the terrible moderation that has taken place in this thread over the years have allowed this echo place to evolve into an echo chamber.

People can not even criticize the Eu without trying to blame the UK.

You need to see this, for what it is.

People like you and your bias, have turned this place into a no-zone for other people that do not share your opinion.

This happens all the time,

It is a matter of time before i am banned, but that is to be expected, then you will be able to go back to the usual circle jerk.

It is sad what this place has turned into.

Remember to report me for telling the truth, just like all the others have been doing.
    Last edited by sircaw; 2021-01-30 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Every single UK poster has criticised the EU's actions. Every single one. Quote me one UK poster that defended the EU's position yesterday.
    Was that before i brought it up, did you go out of your way to make a post.

Was that before you told me i was a cunt for trolling.

It sounds like your trolling now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Again no answer, why can't you just answer my points about you and the way people on this forum are acting.

You are dishonest, and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    Just read this from Yahoo, one of the most staunch defenders of remain and the eu.

Brussels was determined to force AstraZeneca to its knees at the start of the week but by the end of it, it was the European Union which was left humiliated.

Ursula von der Leyen, the European Commission president, today faces calls to resign amid accusations of a “vaccine nationalism” and fierce criticism in her home country of Germany.

Mrs von der Leyen, who had taken personal charge of the AstraZeneca issue, badly botched the response to the pharmaceutical company’s failure to fulfil EU orders of jabs.

She had moved to impose a “vaccine border” on the island of Ireland as she stepped up threats to impose an export ban on jabs to Britain. At a stroke, she trashed the bloc’s reputation worldwide and sacrificed the moral high ground the Commission had taken over the Irish border during Brexit negotiations.

Her decision to trigger Article 16 of the Brexit treaty’s Northern Irish protocol achieved the once unimaginable feat of uniting an unimpressed Michel Barnier, Irish prime minister Micheál Martin and Boris Johnson against her.

Mrs von der Leyen ordered a U-turn late on Saturday and blamed the crisis on “an oversight” - but the damage was done. Brussels had spiralled out of control, turning its own member states against it and ignoring their instructions.

It should have been very different. How had Mrs von der Leyen managed to turn a week that should have been a crowning moment for her administration into such an unmitigated disaster?

Brussels had planned for the first AstraZeneca jabs to be rolled out across the bloc once the European Medicines Agency approved the vaccine on Friday.

The European Commission, which negotiated the supplies on behalf of the 27 member states, would use the delivery as a symbol of the benefits of EU unity.

The inconvenient fact that the EU’s vaccination rollout was lagging far behind Brexit Britain would soon be forgotten in a flood of up to 400 million jabs; enough to vaccinate about half of all EU citizens.

If they are criticizing the Eu, i mean damn, its really really bad.
    Nice disinformation there. It's an article from the Telegraph - a staunchly pro-Conservative, pro-Brexit newspaper that mostly works to advance the interests of its billionaire banker owners. Think of it as Fox News with a veneer of class to hide the fact it's spouting propaganda to benefit the rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Everyone: "What about Brexit is good? Please post sources"
    You and sircaw: "EU bad! EU bad! EU bad!"

And don't turn it around and try to say the opposite because the whole thread has been filled with posts actually linking evidence of Brexit being bad (notice how I said Brexit and not UK like how sircaw keeps trying to put it).
    And you with everyone else on this thread is Uk bad UK bad ukbad,
    This thread has been like that for years, with the constant hate and UK bashing.

i spoke out a few weeks ago, can you not see the problem, are you blinded by you bias, do you have an agenda.

thanks for being honest, read what you said lol.

Pot=kettle something something, thanks for proving my point.

Are you reading this Dribbles hah.

It shows your dishonesty once again. By putting in the phrase, ike i am meant to be positive about this.
    I never asked you to bend the truth or lie, i asked you to be fair and report good things about Brexit too not just the negative ones, I already said there would be negatives to Brexit, can you not remember that.

Try and be honest, are you somehow butt hurt by my posts about how the Eu handled the vaccine program so poorly, is that why you're trying to manipulate what i am saying.

IT really sounds like you are being extremely petty when dealing with me.

I am now back to the Eu and its clossial fuck up, you should join me in condemning the way they acted.
    You're still asking others to spout the benefits of Brexit while failing to come up with any yourself, because you know that if you're not rich enough to be a disaster capitalist, run an offshore account you want to avoid tax on or have a particular brand of anti-European racism there are no benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Nice disinformation there. It's an article from the Telegraph - a staunchly pro-Conservative, pro-Brexit newspaper that mostly works to advance the interests of its billionaire banker owners. Think of it as Fox News with a veneer of class to hide the fact it's spouting propaganda to benefit the rich.
    Don't forget to check channel 4 out they are saying the same thing, BBC is not happy with the Eu, even Barnier is not happy haha.

thanks for playing, do not pass go, remember to not be dishonest.

The whole damn world is saying how bad this is for the EU but your like no it's disinformation.

Give me a break.

Everyone is complaining and criticizing this, but not you, a member of the Brexit thread on MMO champion,a straight down the narrow type of person. i wonder why,

Echo chamber much

And trying to link it to fox news, what next trump then Russia haha.

If channel 4 news is saying it's bad, they are the most liberal hive mind on the planet.

You are Wrong. END OF STORY.
    Last edited by sircaw; 2021-01-30 at 07:42 PM.

There will be winners and losers in all this, much like when we originally joined the EEC. As this goes on, we will fine some things are easier now we are out of the EU and some things that are harder outside the EU.

This is anecdotal, but I work in the HVAC industry and we have seen a few projects coming up in the past year such as huge tomato growing facilities. You see the same with Nissan, EU ROO means that I think 55% of the car has to be sourced from UK parts, this will bring manufacturing back to the UK. Of course there will be some degree of business going the other way too, we just have to see how this shakes down.

What this EU vaccine debacle has created, is a clean slate between leavers and remainers (the normal ones, not the tiny vocal minorities on social media). We're in the territory of 'lets give this a go and see what happens', which, after the last 4 years is immense progress.
    Aren't the EU ROO for Nissan that parts have to be sourced from the UK or the EU and pretty much the same as they are now, except we had to pay Nissan £80m and only got them to stay by making a deal that is dividing the Union?

5+ Year Old Account
    Some of you have been on the forum for far too long to not understand that you're derailing discussion. This is not a thread to air personal grievances with each other. Reply on topic and in a civil manner.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Right I'm off now, might pop back in a couple of years.

One thing did occur to me, has the evidence now shown that the UK was more important, than given credit for at keeping that whole shitshow (The EU) on the road?

I bid you adieu.

https://twitter.com/lamps_manson/sta...033177088?s=20

Right I'm off now, might pop back in a couple of years.

One thing did occur to me, has the evidence now shown that the UK was more important, than given credit for at keeping that whole shitshow (The EU) on the road?

I bid you adieu.

https://twitter.com/lamps_manson/sta...033177088?s=20

Thanks for your effort m8, nice to see i am not the only one who sees what is going on.

I think your right though, it's time to move on from this place.

It's not worth the time or effort.

I bid you farwell.

I did not ask you to report only on Brexit positives, i told people like you to be fair in the reporting, and by your replies it shows once again, you are not listening to other people.
    and by your replies it shows once again, you are not listening to other people.
    you are not listening to other people.
    That's what we call in the trade "projecting". And in this case, it's visible around the world because you've projected all the way to the moon.

I'll add to the chorus of people that have asked you a simple question; what positives are you expecting us to report? Because I'm buggered if I can see any of them, but you seem to be completely certain that they exist. So either link us some "good news" about Brexit, or stop asking us to do it.

You'll now ignore this, and go back to complaining about how mean we all are to you.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    That's what we call in the trade "projecting". And in this case, it's visible around the world because you've projected all the way to the moon.

I'll add to the chorus of people that have asked you a simple question; what positives are you expecting us to report? Because I'm buggered if I can see any of them, but you seem to be completely certain that they exist. So either link us some "good news" about Brexit, or stop asking us to do it.

You'll now ignore this, and go back to complaining about how mean we all are to you.
    I sent a message to Rozz, i have explained my position, i will not be talking anymore to dishonest people like your self.

This thread is now yours, by all means, carry on with your circle jerk.

There will be no more replies to this thread and its dishonest nature.

Have a good day.

This thread has been like that for years, with the constant hate and UK bashing.
    UK hate? Hmm. What do you mean when you say "UK" then? Do you mean the Tories that have spent the last decade running it into the ground? Because I'll certainly give you that I've directed hate towards them. Do you mean the racist people that hate foreigners coming to this country that rejoiced when Brexit won? Because I've got hate to spare for them. Or do you mean the businessmen and politicians that pushed for Brexit, and have since spent their time relocating to other countries, getting dual citizenship and moving jobs and investment away? I've certainly bashed them.

But when I think of the UK, I think of the hard working people of the NHS, that come from countries all around the world. Or the teachers doing their best with increasingly threadbare budgets. I think of those people giving their time to man food banks, or work for charities or do their best to make their local communities better. That's what makes the UK, for me, and I've never said anything bad about ANY of them.

So I guess we may have different views on what the UK actually means, and which parts of it we should be defending. Because the part I think we need to defend is getting increasingly butt-fucked by Brexit and the people that brought it to us.

But you go on defending the privately educated half-wits that are currently running the country you claim to love into the ground. I'm sure they'll give you a good reward for your efforts, and aren't sitting in their private members clubs laughing at the people like you that are aiding their efforts.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Some of you have been on the forum for far too long to not understand that you're derailing discussion. This is not a thread to air personal grievances with each other. Reply on topic and in a civil manner.
    I have no "personal grievance" with Sircaw. I know absolutely nothing about them. The poster hasn't been active in these threads.

I do have "personal grievance" with a poster e.g., Sircaw if they, repeatedly, lie. I'll continuing pointing out their lies because, as evidenced by multiple political events, not just Brexit, the power of social media / forums like this etc. to influence and manipulate is great. Or am I blowing this completely out of proportion? Does it not matter at all?

Civility: not sure what to say, really. IMO truth > civility. It's not surprising when civility breaks down if a poster, repeatedly, makes accusations backed by zero evidence.

I'm not intending to discuss moderation... just giving my cent's worth about authenticity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Instead of providing a sensible rebuttal, you try to deflect and make weird claims. Perhaps you think that amounts to an argument? I'm sorry to break it to you, but it doesn't. Rather, it implies that you have no proper argument to make. (You might like to reflect on the fact that it was Labour working class voters in the Midlands and the North whose vote was vital to secure Brexit. Brexit voters are not conveniently divided along political party lines, regardless of what you seem to want to believe)

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I have no "personal grievance" with Sircaw. I know absolutely nothing about them. The poster hasn't been active in these threads.

I do have "personal grievance" with a poster e.g., Sircaw if they, repeatedly, lie. I'll continuing pointing out their lies because, as evidenced by multiple political events, not just Brexit, the power of social media / forums like this etc. to influence and manipulate is great. Or am I blowing this completely out of proportion? Does it not matter at all?

Civility: not sure what to say, really. IMO truth > civility. It's not surprising when civility breaks down if a poster, repeatedly, makes accusations backed by zero evidence.

I'm not intending to discuss moderation... just giving my cent's worth about authenticity.
    you told me to fuck off, you called me a cunt, you asked people to ban me, All because i asked people to list positives about Brexit and not just the negatives. I did not ask you to lie, i did not ask you to bend the truth. You somehow took offense to this and decided to go out and start calling me every name under the sun.

Who the hell do you think you are, were you not brought up correctly. How do you get off calling someone a CUNT..

And after all those personal insults you have the cheek to say you have done no wrong.

What kind of person are you?>???

Your talking about civility, i can guarantee you one thing, if it had been me calling you a cunt, you would of went straight to the report his tab.

Shame on you, for the way you spoke to me and shame on your for trying to dig your way out of it.

Also where have i reportly lied, link it.
    Last edited by sircaw; 2021-01-30 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Typos

All because i asked people to list positives about Brexit and not just the negatives.
    I think everyone is still waiting for you to go first