View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #27821
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    I dunno, the Americans look like they've deployed their parachute, while the UK is still insisting that it still has plenty of time in the race to the bottom.
    They've got the wound bandaged up, at least.

    They're not quite out of the woods yet in regards to the reforms and restructuring necessary to handle the long term issue that is the creeping fascism of Trumpism.

  2. #27822
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    They've got the wound bandaged up, at least.

    They're not quite out of the woods yet in regards to the reforms and restructuring necessary to handle the long term issue that is the creeping fascism of Trumpism.
    I agree with this assessment.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Yeah, leaving the EU has far more implications on a country, than leaving the WHO and the paris climate agreement. It's not a "Hey we got a new Prime minister, we're back boys!" kind of thing.

    They basicly went from travelling between California and Arizona, to traveling between California and Mexico, among other things, well explained in this article

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ishingly-steep
    That article is almost painful to read. My condolences.

    Excerpt:
    The post-Brexit world is so tough for many that the government’s own trade specialists are advising afflicted British entrepreneurs to relocate some of their operations out of the UK and to the EU. This has to be one of the greater absurdities of Brexit. British companies are being told by the British government that the way to survive is to lay off British workers and transfer their jobs to folk across the Channel.
    Ouch

  3. #27823
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    why are you not blaming the people that campaigned on the remain side to disprove the lies of NHS bus lie so easily?

    We head months of Tv shows, news broadcasts, interviews with celebrities, politicians etc, why did they not dismiss the lies or do a better job of it, Explain to me how they allowed the lies to fester then.
    Everyone is blaming Cameron for his lack of campaigning as much as the Brexit side. But here's the thing you're not grasping... the bus and all the other lies? They were debunked. All of them. By scientists, legal and trade experts, by people on this forum. Endlessly debunked, exposed for what they are and put straight. That you chose not to believe experts, that's on you. That you chose to ignore every piece of good advice and vote Brexit out of spite and emotion, that is on you. There is no one in the planet you can blame for YOU actively avoiding anyone trying to explain how this works.

    And another thing, the amount of TV commercials and funny slogans doesn't increase the amount of truth in a message. Apparently, you seem to think the side that spends more money on ads is automatically correct. Btw, I have a bridge to sell you. It's awesome, really. But aside from that, you still refuse to take any responsibility for your own actions. That is immature.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    The US media acts like Brexit didn't even happen. I assume that is because it Brexit is not going well.

    Then I read up on what Dribbles and Sircaw are saying in support of Brexit and realize it's going VERY poorly.

    And the EU people here make it quite clear that EU is just moving on.

    It is sad to me that the UK is basically committing national suicide. Then again, the US seems to be racing the UK to the bottom.

    When I listen to other Americans discussing Brexit and/or EU, the few times they come up, it kind of is weird that this thread provides more and better information than anything that other Americans are getting.
    Well, the US media is busy dealing with the transition back to a proper form of Government. They'll revisit Brexit once something big happens. What's going on now is really the UK having jumped off the cliff waiting for gravity to kick in, Wiley Coyote style.

    I wouldn't quite call it national suicide. They'll survive. Somehow. But of course they're going to lose grounds in comparisons to other developed countries in the first world.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  4. #27824
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    I have dyslexia and the spell checker, grammar option does not always get it right, if i remember to use it too, which can be annoying but thanks for your judgement.
    Does dyslexia cause you to get your politics backwards too?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    They've got the wound bandaged up, at least.

    They're not quite out of the woods yet in regards to the reforms and restructuring necessary to handle the long term issue that is the creeping fascism of Trumpism.
    That restructuring would require something like 10 Constitutional Amendments.

    The last serious Amendment was passed in 1971.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  5. #27825
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    I agree with this assessment.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That article is almost painful to read. My condolences.

    Excerpt:

    Ouch
    I’m from Denmark, so I guess it’s ok that they’re moving jobs to EU countries.

  6. #27826
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    I must admit why did dribbles get banned for this post>?

    Are people really reporting him for this kind of postings? Seems really extreme to me.

    Feels really strange to report someone for this, when i was told to fuck off and not one of you told that user, oi that's not cool.
    That post was neither reported nor infracted, whatever got Dribbles banned seems to be separate from this thread.

    - - - Updated - - -

    During his time in this thread, did @sircaw actually give us a positive to Brexit, other than the fact that Nissan decided not to leave (barely a neutral, really a negative when you consider it cost us £80m,) or did he just complain that no-one else had any positive news?

  7. #27827
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That post was neither reported nor infracted, whatever got Dribbles banned seems to be separate from this thread.

    - - - Updated - - -

    During his time in this thread, did @sircaw actually give us a positive to Brexit, other than the fact that Nissan decided not to leave (barely a neutral, really a negative when you consider it cost us £80m,) or did he just complain that no-one else had any positive news?
    No and Yes.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  8. #27828
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    During his time in this thread, did @sircaw actually give us a positive to Brexit, other than the fact that Nissan decided not to leave (barely a neutral, really a negative when you consider it cost us £80m,) or did he just complain that no-one else had any positive news?
    I asked a couple of times for good news, but it was just sidestepped to complain about the same exact things yet again /shrug
    Fully support violence in the streets because you're too comfy sat at home in another country behind your PC screen to actually do anything about things you claim to be against Nobody is obsessed with you. Nobody really even cares about you. You're simply the joke that keeps on giving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence/Arch-Angel of Riots/rmfAcc/Rochana View Post
    I admit I'm an absolute lunatic who is in favor of chaos, because I don't like what is currently going on - despite being in a privileged and elated position in this supposed state of "normalcy".

  9. #27829
    Ah here's some good news for the Brexiteers:

    https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...to-uk-shoppers
    Mastercard is to increase the fees EU firms face to take payments from online shoppers from the UK by at least 400%, in a move that could mean higher prices for consumers.
    Oh wait... no, sorry. No, thiis isn't good news at all. Oh well, I'm sure those greedy bastards will do it to everyone, right?

    Since 2015, the EU has capped these fees across the European Economic Area (EEA), including within the UK.

    Mastercard’s current charges are in line with the cap. The new fees meet a cap for non-EEA cards used for online purchases within the area, which includes Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway as well as EU countries. The change announced by Mastercard will apply to online sales at shops and businesses based in the EEA that are made on UK-issued cards. Travellers will not face the higher rate on face-to-face sales.
    Huh... the damned EU, doing consumer protection again... Oh well, still waiting for the good news.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  10. #27830
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I asked a couple of times for good news, but it was just sidestepped to complain about the same exact things yet again /shrug
    Still better than dribbles that listed broccoli being stuck at customs as good news, since he doesn't eat his veggies.

  11. #27831
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Everyone is blaming Cameron for his lack of campaigning as much as the Brexit side. But here's the thing you're not grasping... the bus and all the other lies? They were debunked. All of them. By scientists, legal and trade experts, by people on this forum..
    The problem was that those people included David Cameron, the head of JP Morgan. and self-interested Germans. All those people have been caught repeatedly with their pants down lying through their teeth and acting against the interests of the working class. Subsequently most of the working class voted for Brexit.

    If opposition to Brexit hadn't been so closely tied to neo-liberal austerity economics it would have been easily defeated.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    You have the right to criticise the UK government, Brexit, the EU whatever you want.

    But you do not have the right to criticize people who exercise their democratic vote and blame them for things that do not go your way. We live in a democracy, If you want to live in a democracy i am afraid that is part of the deal. if you find the vote did not go your way, why are you not blaming the people that campaigned on the remain side to disprove the lies of NHS bus lie so easily?
    No that makes no fucking sense at all. The whole Brexit movement came out because those people were trying to overturn a democratic vote that ratified european membership. Of course you can campaign against a pre-existing democratic mandate, it happens all the time.

  12. #27832
    Quote Originally Posted by crapel View Post
    . Subsequently most of the working class voted for Brexit.
    nope. average brexit voter was white - retired - southern - homeowner - tory

  13. #27833
    Quote Originally Posted by crapel View Post
    The problem was that those people included David Cameron, the head of JP Morgan. and self-interested Germans. All those people have been caught repeatedly with their pants down lying through their teeth and acting against the interests of the working class. Subsequently most of the working class voted for Brexit.

    If opposition to Brexit hadn't been so closely tied to neo-liberal austerity economics it would have been easily defeated.
    David Cameron, the PM... and while I get that people in the UK have a fetish for Germans and anti-German drivel, I was referring exclusively to the UK based media landscape. Remain didn't need any outside help to debunk the bullshit. It was glaringly obvious. How did those "Germans" work against the working class, btw? Or is this just something you picked up on some blogshit page? Probably the same one you ripped the term "neo-liberal austerity economics" from, because honestly... that just tells me you did not pay attention to what's going on after 2008 and are just blindly repeating what others are saying.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  14. #27834
    Quote Originally Posted by crapel View Post
    The problem was that those people included David Cameron, the head of JP Morgan. and self-interested Germans. All those people have been caught repeatedly with their pants down lying through their teeth and acting against the interests of the working class. Subsequently most of the working class voted for Brexit.

    If opposition to Brexit hadn't been so closely tied to neo-liberal austerity economics it would have been easily defeated.
    Yeah, and that ignores all the actual "regular" people, from academics to business owners to doctors to scientists to everybody else who were doing exactly the same- debunking all the bullshit the brexiteers were saying. However, in their drive to find any justification to vote for brexit, the brexiteers just focused on the ones you say and were screaming "they are bad, I will vote Brexit".

    On the other hand, let's see some of the pro-working class, pro-human rights activists that are not closely tied to "neo-liberal austerity economics" and were advocating for Brexit: Boris, Rees Mogg, Priti, Nigel, Gove, Raab- it was like a bloody trade union from the North East of England, right mate?

  15. #27835
    Quote Originally Posted by candrisala View Post
    sip.
    Blaming the failure of the Remain campaign on Cameron or Merkel is fucking asinine.

    Remain failed because on one hand it couldn't dumb down its messaging to something that would fit on the side of a fucking bus (the truth is rarely as simple as catchy bullshit), because English nationalism/xenophobia peaked on the wave of the fucking idiocy that took hold of much of the English speaking world around 2016 and because Jeremy fucking Corbyn was an earthshattering fucking moron.

    Brexit was the end result of a confluence of factors mostly tied into nationalism, idiocy and the overwhelming influence of decades of right wing propaganda of the Murdoch variety.

    Corbyn being a fucking moron sure as shit didn't help either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

  16. #27836
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Blaming the failure of the Remain campaign on Cameron or Merkel is fucking asinine.

    Remain failed because on one hand it couldn't dumb down its messaging to something that would fit on the side of a fucking bus (the truth is rarely as simple as catchy bullshit), because English nationalism/xenophobia peaked on the wave of the fucking idiocy that took hold of much of the English speaking world around 2016 and because Jeremy fucking Corbyn was an earthshattering fucking moron.

    Brexit was the end result of a confluence of factors mostly tied into nationalism, idiocy and the overwhelming influence of decades of right wing propaganda of the Murdoch variety.

    Corbyn being a fucking moron sure as shit didn't help either.
    *Suggests that blaming Cameron or Merkel is asinine*

    *Blames Corbyn*

    Here's a piece of advice; if irony detectors explode in a 5 mile radius when you are drafting a post, it's probably best not to click "post reply".
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  17. #27837
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    *Suggests that blaming Cameron or Merkel is asinine*

    *Blames Corbyn*

    Here's a piece of advice; if irony detectors explode in a 5 mile radius when you are drafting a post, it's probably best not to click "post reply".
    Cameron was a fucking shit head who called that dumbass referendum thinking he can play 3 dimensional chess with the lunatic fringes of British politics.

    It was an abysmal epic fucking failure.

    Corbyn goes on to do the exact same fucking thing, refuses to whip Labour into the remain camp, or to do what he is supposed to fucking do as the leader of the opposition. Oppose the dumbass Brexit campaign. Labour was predominantly remain leaning, much more so than Tories, but Corbyn single handedly sabotaged Labour from throwing its weight against Brexit.

    He thought that he will somehow out 3 dimensional chess the Tories at their own game, in the process handing a majority to Tories down the road.

    And what the fuck does Merkel have to do with the price of fish? How in the holyshit is a German politician at fault for the miserable failure of British politics.

    Man, you knuckleheads are utterly incapable of taking responsibility for your own epic failures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

  18. #27838
    corbyn died of antisemitism guys he cant hurt u now

  19. #27839
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...and-eu-farmers

    A pesticide believed to kill bees has been authorised for use in England despite an EU-wide ban on its use outdoors two years ago and an explicit government pledge to keep the restrictions.

    I distinctly remember being instructed in an oh-so-sincere tone by a certain poster, now absent from the debate, that there was no evidence to suggest digressions from EU standards of this sort would ever take place.

    When the UK pledged to back the 2018 EU ban on all outdoor uses of thiamethoxam, Michael Gove, then the environment secretary, said: “The weight of evidence now shows the risks neonicotinoids pose to our environment, particularly to the bees and other pollinators which play such a key part in our £100bn food industry, is greater than previously understood … We cannot afford to put our pollinator populations at risk.”

    He also wrote in the Guardian: “Unless the evidence base changes again, the government will keep these restrictions in place after we have left the EU.”


    I wonder how much money British Sugar has paid members of this corrupt Conservative government in backhanders?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Personally, I don't interpret Mihalik's post as "blaming" Corbyn.

    But it's all so fucking dull now, in all honesty. We're stuck with it.

    Where the fuck are the people who voted for this?

    Banned or deliberately avoiding debate.

  20. #27840
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Corbyn goes on to do the exact same fucking thing, refuses to whip Labour into the remain camp, or to do what he is supposed to fucking do as the leader of the opposition. Oppose the dumbass Brexit campaign. Labour was predominantly remain leaning, much more so than Tories, but Corbyn single handedly sabotaged Labour from throwing its weight against Brexit.

    He thought that he will somehow out 3 dimensional chess the Tories at their own game, in the process handing a majority to Tories down the road.
    I got the impression that the reason was different and simpler: Corbyn himself was sort of ok with Brexit, so he didn't push for remain.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    corbyn died of antisemitism guys he cant hurt u now
    And on a related note today is holocaust remembrance day.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •