View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I for one welcome our Irish overlords
    The virgin Robert Walpole versus the chad Eamon de Valera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    With how a lot of Unionists seem to hate Ireland, I really don't get why they don't try to move to England. (Even if most of their heirtage is probably scottish more often than English, they seem to identify far more with England than Scotland)
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    With how a lot of Unionists seem to hate Ireland, I really don't get why they don't try to move to England.
    Can't afford to because there's no jobs in Derry is my understanding.

The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The towering Brexit intellect that is Lord Frost, says this about trade between the UK and NI (and essentially the EU):

"At the moment, I think the only way it can be made sustainable is if we could find a way to hugely reduce or eliminate the barriers between Great Britain and Northern Ireland"

You mean like we had when we were part of the EU and we enjoyed tarrif and red-tape free trade with the entire continent, you bumbling fuck-witted pea brain.

So, Brexiteers who aren't too embarrassed to continue to appear in this thread, I ask you this: Were our glorious Brexiteer leaders (Johnson, Frost et al) too stupid to understand what they signed up to with the EU, or was the intention always to sign an international agreement only to renege months later making the entire country an international parriah? There is no option C, before you ask.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    The towering Brexit intellect that is Lord Frost, says this about trade between the UK and NI (and essentially the EU):

"At the moment, I think the only way it can be made sustainable is if we could find a way to hugely reduce or eliminate the barriers between Great Britain and Northern Ireland"
    Remember when they were calling Theresa May the actual devil for this precise sort of policy? Lol.

7+ Year Old Account

You mean like we had when we were part of the EU and we enjoyed tarrif and red-tape free trade with the entire continent, you bumbling fuck-witted pea brain.

So, Brexiteers who aren't too embarrassed to continue to appear in this thread, I ask you this: Were our glorious Brexiteer leaders (Johnson, Frost et al) too stupid to understand what they signed up to with the EU, or was the intention always to sign an international agreement only to renege months later making the entire country an international parriah? There is no option C, before you ask.
    It isn't that Brexiteers are embarrassed to appear in this thread, more like we have moved on and are enjoying life in the sunny Brexit uplands, perhaps you should too. Nothing you can say or do will make the UK rejoin in your or my lifetime. The EU is now totally irrelevant to the UK and should we decide to change the UK/NI agreement unilaterally we will tell, not ask, the EU how we are going to do it. All the EU can do is like it or lump it.

UK to warn EU it may deviate from Brexit deal on N.Ireland

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/exc...rce=reddit.com

Sovereignty don't you see? It's a wonderful thing, a Brexit benefit if you like.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    It isn't that Brexiteers are embarrassed to appear in this thread, more like we have moved on and are enjoying life in the sunny Brexit uplands, perhaps you should too. Nothing you can say or do will make the UK rejoin in your or my lifetime. The EU is now totally irrelevant to the UK and should we decide to change the UK/NI agreement unilaterally we will tell, not ask, the EU how we are going to do it. All the EU can do is like it or lump it.

UK to warn EU it may deviate from Brexit deal on N.Ireland

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/exc...rce=reddit.com

Sovereignty don't you see? It's a wonderful thing, a Brexit benefit if you like.
    Ignoring international deals you've already made, when you've bet the bank on making lots of them all around the world, is fucking stupid. But if there's one thing Brexiteers are known for.......

Still waiting on that long list of "Brexit benefits" that exist in your sunny uplands. So far you've given us none, while this thread has provided an epic list of documented downsides. You can bluster all you like about sovereignty and intangibles like that, you can't point to a single concrete upside that survives the most cursory of examination.

You've got nothing. And you should be ashamed of what you've done. But you don't do shame, do you?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't that Brexiteers are embarrassed to appear in this thread, more like we have moved on and are enjoying life in the sunny Brexit uplands, perhaps you should too. Nothing you can say or do will make the UK rejoin in your or my lifetime.
    You're confusing interest in Irish unification with giving a shit about whether or not England decides to demonstrate any and all of its deals are worthless by reneging on them unilaterally, bruh. Lol.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ignoring international deals you've already made, when you've bet the bank on making lots of them all around the world, is fucking stupid. But if there's one thing Brexiteers are known for.......
    UK may bet on the chance they are to important to ignore and will get away with a breach; some fingers will be waggled but finally not much of a penalty.
    UK is a major economy still and trade deals with UK are a pretty good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    UK may bet on the chance they are to important to ignore and will get away with a breach; some fingers will be waggled but finally not much of a penalty.
    They're only a good idea if you can trust that they'll uphold their end of the bargain.

Would you give 50 pound to someone who may or may not give you back 50 pound tomorrow? I wouldn't, unless I trusted them to. If I know they told the same to someone else, but then didn't pay them back, then there's no way I'm giving them my money.

10+ Year Old Account
    --
    Yes they do. They don't, however, allow ban evaders or trolling.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-20 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    I feel like that is a bit exaggerated though.

Everyone knows the context of Brexit. So the UK breaking a deal with the EU isn't going to exactly affect their other future deals much, because everyone knows it's just the EU-UK relationship that was at the root cause of it.

That isn't to say that the EU might not impose sanctions or try to get back at the UK through other world politics plays and pressure from their allies. (eg. the USA might slap the UK on the wrists with sanctions too if they break their EU deal).
    If they UK break the EU deal and fuck up the GFA at the same time, the US won't be just slapping us on the wrist. They've already said flat out that any trade deal would be off the table.

Then it would be VERY interesting to see how many countries are keen to do deals with us, when 2 of the 3 biggest trading powers in the world have basically ostracized us. If they decided to use their leverage to force countries to cut ties with the UK, how many countries do you think wouldn't?

Sadly, Brexiteers are stupid enough to think that this couldn't possibly happen. That we're somehow WAY more powerful in the world than we actually are.

--
    No, they don't allow ban evading alt accounts. You aren't getting banned for being pro-Brexit, otherwise Dribbles would be permabanned.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-20 at 11:52 AM.

--
    You assume, based on what? That you made over 1000 burner accounts, and didn't read their fucking ToS or posting rules? Jesus fucking christ.

--
    While the mods favor left wing poster rather than right wing (someone calling any other poster racist or fascist without any kind of proofs should be insta ban), your burner account are banned because they are burner accounts. Simple as that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Exactly this, finally some pragmatism, naughty naughty UK will be all the EU say. What else can they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    --
    While the mods favor left wing poster rather than right wing (someone calling any other poster racist or fascist without any kind of proofs should be insta ban), your burner account are banned because they are burner accounts. Simple as that.
    Many on the left led and guided by the great leader Corbyn voted for Brexit too, it wasn't just right wing nutters.

"The Left Case for Brexit"

https://www.thefullbrexit.com/left-case-brexit

Who backs this viewpoint? A whole gaggle of most eminent and learned lefties.

Dr Christopher Bickerton, University of Cambridge
    Dr Philip Cunliffe, University of Kent
    Paul Embery, Trade Unionists Against the EU
    Thomas Fazi, Author and Journalist
    Lord Maurice Glasman, House of Lords
    David Goodhart, Author and Journalist
    Prof Matthew Goodwin, University of Kent
    Pauline Hadaway, University of Manchester
    Dr James Heartfield, Author and Journalist
    Dr Kevin Hickson, University of Liverpool
    Dr Lee Jones, Queen Mary University of London
    Prof Costas Lapavitsas, School of Oriental and African Studies
    Prof Martin Loughlin, London School of Economics
    Dr Tara McCormack, University of Leicester
    Dr Jasper Miles, Goldsmiths College, University of London
    Prof Peter Ramsay, London School of Economics
    Prof Richard Tuck, Harvard University​
    Bruno Waterfield, Journalist
    Prof Philip B Whyman, University of Central Lancashire
    Dr Suke Wolton, Regents Park College, University of Oxford

The right and the left are united in their support of Brexit by overwhelming majority. Try as you may this forum is about the only place left to meet remainers/rejoiners such is their rarity. You never find anyone walking down the street in the UK now who openly says with pride "I voted to remain"
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

The right and the left are united in their support of Brexit by overwhelming majority. Try as you may this forum is about the only place left to meet remainers/rejoiners such is their rarity. You never find anyone walking down the street in the UK now who openly says with pride "I voted to remain"
    In what psychotic deluded world was the Brexit vote overwhelming? Especially when thanks to conservative COVID policies if you had it again due to killing your own people, mostly the demographic that voted for Brexit, combined with the irrefutable fact that Conservatives have bungled Brexit from the campaign till now you're almost guaranteed to lose if a second vote were held.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

That’s due to your head being shoved so far up your ass you can’t hear them.

You also can't find anyone that will say "look at this example of a Brexit benefit, isn't it great?"

So what does that tell you?

But I'm not surprised you can't see anyone against Brexit in that little imaginary world you've created. Where Brexit is brilliant, everyone cheers for it and all our lives are magically better in some way that's apparently difficult to specify. The Emperor's outfit is loverly, and anyone that says otherwise is just talking down the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    This reads like someone who is in peak denial. Holy shit. I don't think you are even trying to fool anyone, anymore. You are just in denial. This is you coping.

You are the poster boy of "I reject your reality, and substitute my own".
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?