View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    I mean, they thought the UK's deal with Japan was a better one than the EU got...
    Oh, I know. But at least that was a trade deal. So it was in the ballpark.

This is in the parkinglot of the bank on the other side of town.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Was mostly pointing out how the brexiteers who used this issue absolutely missed that it was a security issue and outside of the purview of the EU.
    Yeah, you're right. I'm just adding that this isn't exactly a new thing, or anything worth mentioning. But Brexiteers have to sell anything as a win these days, they got fuck all to show for all the pompous posturing.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AHTOLWCT View Post
    House prices are rising here in the UK faster than an Usain Bolt 100m sprint
    I'm not sure why you people think this a good thing when you spend the other half of your time complaining about homeless people, but okay. Yay, more empty residences owned by investment bankers in China while the homeless rate spikes!

Every heartwarming human interest story in America is like "he raised $20,000 to keep 200 orphans from being crushed in the orphan-crushing machine" and then never asks why an orphan-crushing machine exists or why you'd need to pay to prevent it from being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    so ? Teacher is about teaching, not education.

I only think of this because I'm watching Clarkson's Farm, but he certainly isn't a lefty (right?) and he opposed brexit. Can't be the only one I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I'm not sure why you people think this a good thing when you spend the other half of your time complaining about homeless people, but okay. Yay, more empty residences owned by investment bankers in China while the homeless rate spikes!

Hell I guess people think it's a good thing because in their mind more their house is worth the richer they are. But it fails to take into account that as the price of their house increases so does everyone else's.

In essence the house is still just worth one house. All it does is make it so people not on the market just can't get on and are stuck renting for life or just can't move out from parents home even if they're working full time because the market is pricing them out of both buying or renting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Hell I guess people think it's a good thing because in their mind more their house is worth the richer they are. But it fails to take into account that as the price of their house increases so does everyone else's.

In essence the house is still just worth one house. All it does is make it so people not on the market just can't get on and are stuck renting for life or just can't move out from parents home even if they're working full time because the market is pricing them out of both buying or renting.
    Yeah never really seen house pricing as a sane benchmark for “omg things are great”. It comes with severeal issues.

Not even sure why it’s in a brexit thread, house prices are rising in the EU aswell. But I guess that's brexit for you. Idiot brexiteers cheering anything they see a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Yeah never really seen house pricing as a sane benchmark for “omg things are great”. It comes with severeal issues.

Not even sure why it’s in a brexit thread, house prices are rising in the EU aswell. But I guess that's brexit for you. Idiot brexiteers cheering anything they see a win.
    Yeah it's fucking stupid. They've taken as a win the match against Germany. (aka beating the worst German team since 2000). This Australian deal which maximum adds 0.02% to Britain's gdp but more likely will price out uk farms. Some moving of naval ships off the Channel Islands.

It's like Trumpism but stupider.

This Australian deal which maximum adds 0.02% to Britain's gdp
    Over 15 years or something too.. At that point it's basically a rounding error

In essence the house is still just worth one house.
    That was the point I was making to him earlier; for anyone with one house or fewer, the value of their home increasing is actually meaningless. Which means the only people genuinely happy about it are those with 2 or more houses. What proportion of the country is that? Everyone else is either neutral if they already own a home, or increasingly fucked if they don't.

Either he's lucky enough to be in the very rich minority of the country (unlikely based on the quality of his posts) or he just doesn't understand the implications of the things he's trumpeting as good news (very likely based on his posts).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RHPUTBMBNN View Post
    The reason I don't give a shit is because left wingers keep saying that "there's no such thing as overpopulation".

And that adding more people to an area is "good for the economy".

This is LEFT WING ideology.
    What. The. Actual. Fuck. I've heard of strawmen, but this is something else. None of that is in any way linked to "left wing ideology". It just isn't. I can't understand how you could have got there. You're tilting at straw windmills that you've built for yourself.

I'm quoting this because I want to keep it after your posts get deleted. Honestly I want to put it in my signature. It is so hilariously wrong, so fundamentally deranged on a basic level, that it should be taught in schools as a lesson in what happens when you get angry at something that doesn't exist. There's no point even trying to argue with it, because it's the equivalent of standing up in a debate and saying that the sky is made of purple grass.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Pandaren Monk
    Says the person that blames the Covid pandemic on "BREXITEERS".
    Except he didn't. And if you could read you'd know that.
    He blames the horrible handling of Covid within the UK on brexiteers. As those make up the government. There is a difference.
    - Lars

Looks to me like a legitimate reason for the UK not to need to bail out the EU with all our vaccination supplies
    Ha ha, it's so funny because people are catching a deadly illness that will likely leave them with lifelong health impacts that will end up costing you more tax money to deal with down the line! /s

Hey I guess that nonexistent NHS money you clawed back from the EU will come in handy, right?
    Every heartwarming human interest story in America is like "he raised $20,000 to keep 200 orphans from being crushed in the orphan-crushing machine" and then never asks why an orphan-crushing machine exists or why you'd need to pay to prevent it from being used.

Also, read up on the Spanish flu
    I have, and that also left a whole host of people with long term health effects that were socially and economically damaging for communities who were impacted by it. Bad comparison.

Whether or not people pay attention to it doesn't make it any less stupid to crow about needlessly incurring higher social expenses because of a pathologic inability to admit to being wrong, rofl.

Ignoring the deranged posters trying to defend any of this, why is this thread still open anyway? Brexit has happened and negotiations are no longer at a standstill.

Sure will !!

It's fact that the NHS is currently the most funded its ever been in its entire history.

Thank you Brexit. Thank you Conservatives.

And thanks for your concern

Also, read up on the Spanish flu, and you'll appreciate that not a single person ever will pay any attention to that chart.
    There's so much money in fact, there was enough to burn a chunk of it on a blowjob dispenser for Hancock and a decrepit "Test & Trace" system that doesn't work. Winning!
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    Ahem,

Of course the UK will have more cases detected per million. We test 5 times the amount of Germany, and more than twice the amount of France and the USA. They haven't a clue how many cases they have accurately without the comprehensive testing the UK does.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

The whole planet relies on world beating superior UK testing, vaccines and genome sequencing to defeat this pandemic, you can thank us Brexiteers for that later. But never let facts get in the way of the chance to Brit bash.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    They're winning the race, isn't it obvious?

*snicker*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Ignoring the deranged posters trying to defend any of this, why is this thread still open anyway? Brexit has happened and negotiations are no longer at a standstill.
    We've moved on to discussing the aftermath, which is very much still going on, and there's still the problem of Northern Ireland that's relevant. It's a general Brexit related thread at this point, but only mods can change titles.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I only think of this because I'm watching Clarkson's Farm, but he certainly isn't a lefty (right?) and he opposed brexit. Can't be the only one I'm guessing.
    That was a fun thing to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Probably because it's not over. Some shit is, but the border question remains, the service industry (at least the parts that were granted temporary equivalence) could be cut off from EU access at every minute.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

More project fear propaganda?

*yawn*

Can you report anything factual instead of projected fiction?
    Which of those aren't facts?