View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #29121
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I am curious now, what do you think the word fact means?
    He thinks it means "whatever I invent to make it seem like Brexit isn't a stupid idea supported by morons".

    It's a new tack for these burners, at least. Some variety from the normal shouty posts.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  2. #29122
    --
    So, basically.... you kind of admitted defeat? ''im not interested in the debate.. this discussion isnt for me.'' yet you claim those facts to be true?

    Thats always the thing with you people. If you lose, you go and cry in a corner/claim you didnt know or ''No discussion!''... Man up.. please.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-11 at 02:12 PM.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

  3. #29123
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If Chili trades with Singapore and the UK has a treaty with Chili that doesn't mean that all trade between Chili and Singapore should be attributed to the UK.

    Because that is what your doing.
    Chile.

    Not trying to be mean, but I see exactly why you're doing this and want to help you improve.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by UKTradeFacts View Post
    I don't think it's an unreasonable assumption to make that it will happen for the UK when they hold full TPP membership.
    That's not how it works. The UK entering the TPP doesn't appropriate the trade volume of that trade zone as its own. The correct phrase is not "If the UK joins TPP, the UK's trade volume equals that of the TPP".

    The correct phrase is "If the UK joins the TPP, the UK joins a trade zone zone with a certain trade volume which will increase the UK's trade volume by X percent." And that "X percent" is something you don't know. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and pretend you're a good faith actor, so I'll be nice and tell you that language matters and if you want to represent trade facts, you should be aware that we're good at fact checking here. It's a bit of a hobby of the people here. So if you want to take this conversation seriously, make sure you get the language right and kindly read what you link before you link it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  4. #29124
    Okay, let's finish it there guys. He's come on here as a burner and posted some stats, then a bunch of hockum that he's invented about how much trade the UK will do. Now he's trying to claim he's only posting facts.

    We all know what he is at this point. Just report him and leave it at that.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  5. #29125
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    23,017
    --
    Oh, right, link us the official government source that claims the UK will be responsible for up to 25% of world trade.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-11 at 02:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  6. #29126
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    That would be an impressive feat, no such country exists of course, but it would be impressive.
    True, the two best countries in terms of trade in goods are the US and China - both at 15%.

    The EU as one entity is on equal footing with the US and China - but if one wanted to argue less in good faith one could add the intra-EU trade for the EU and suddenly the EU is involved in about 30% of international trade.

    If one counts the individual countries within the EU the country ranking in 2018 (both goods and services) was the US, China, Germany, Japan, France, the uk, the Netherlands. https://www.wto.org/english/res_e/st.../wts2019_e.pdf

    So, two EU countries are ahead of the uk in terms of trade - but still people think that the uk is ahead of the EU as a whole. That's plain ridiculous.

  7. #29127
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    True, the two best countries in terms of trade in goods are the US and China - both at 15%.

    The EU as one entity is on equal footing with the US and China - but if one wanted to argue less in good faith one could add the intra-EU trade for the EU and suddenly the EU is involved in about 30% of international trade.

    If one counts the individual countries within the EU the country ranking in 2018 (both goods and services) was the US, China, Germany, Japan, France, the uk, the Netherlands. https://www.wto.org/english/res_e/st.../wts2019_e.pdf

    So, two EU countries are ahead of the uk in terms of trade - but still people think that the uk is ahead of the EU as a whole. That's plain ridiculous.
    If US, EU and China are 15% each, that means if the UK trades with each of them, they'll make up as much as 45%! ...was the burner's logic, I think.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

  8. #29128
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    If US, EU and China are 15% each, that means if the UK trades with each of them, they'll make up as much as 45%! ...was the burner's logic, I think.
    Ah, and the EU only having around 32%, since the EU trades with the US, China and the uk - and the uk has so much less trade than the EU.

    Amazing logic!

  9. #29129
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    14,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    If US, EU and China are 15% each, that means if the UK trades with each of them, they'll make up as much as 45%! ...was the burner's logic, I think.
    Yes, that was roughly their logic.

  10. #29130
    Following this system to the logical extreme Kevin Bacon is responsible for 100% of world trade.

  11. #29131
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Yes, that was roughly their logic.
    I would put logic in ""'s. That burner just can't accept any reality where there are any downsides to Brexit. The gymnastics performed to try and get around this are...like a 300lb 60 year old trying to perform a floor routine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post


    Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

  12. #29132
    The lament of the burner.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Kansas
    I close my eyes
    Only for a moment, and the moment's gone
    All my dreams
    Pass before my eyes, a curiosity
    Dust in the wind
    All they are is dust in the wind
    Same old song
    Just a drop of water in an endless sea
    All we do
    Crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see
    Dust in the wind
    All we are is dust in the wind
    Oh
    Now, don't hang on
    Nothin' lasts forever but the earth and sky
    It slips away
    And all your money won't another minute buy
    Dust in the wind
    All we are is dust in the wind
    (All we are is dust in the wind)
    Dust in the wind
    (Everything is dust in the wind)
    Everything is dust in the wind
    The wind
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  13. #29133
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Berenstein Timeline
    Posts
    55,275
    --
    Oh, you mean to replace the existing trade agreement with them that you lost when you left the EU?

    Also, congratulations Italy for their victory over England at Euro 2021!
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-13 at 06:24 PM.
    Every heartwarming human interest story in America is like "he raised $20,000 to keep 200 orphans from being crushed in the orphan-crushing machine" and then never asks why an orphan-crushing machine exists or why you'd need to pay to prevent it from being used.

    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    so ? Teacher is about teaching, not education.

  14. #29134
    --
    oh wow, New Zealand of all places, not the USA, no no? But New Zealand.

    The delusions of grandeur are stronk.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-13 at 06:24 PM.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

  15. #29135
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    23,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    oh wow, New Zealand of all places, not the USA, no no? But New Zealand.
    And it's likely worse than the one they had.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  16. #29136
    --
    Or is that "brexitears?"
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-13 at 06:24 PM.

  17. #29137
    --
    How are these small trade deals a huge business advantage, in comparison to what we had? This mantra that a deal negotiated outside of the EU is automatically better, despite the numbers, is just deranged ideology.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-13 at 06:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post


    Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

  18. #29138
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Berenstein Timeline
    Posts
    55,275
    --
    Okay, so by your prior logic the EU is helming world trade because in addition to having more trade agreements than the UK they have a much larger economy.

    You don't have to rag on your country like that, bruh, you'll hurt BoJo the Bozo's feelings.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-13 at 06:25 PM.
    Every heartwarming human interest story in America is like "he raised $20,000 to keep 200 orphans from being crushed in the orphan-crushing machine" and then never asks why an orphan-crushing machine exists or why you'd need to pay to prevent it from being used.

    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    so ? Teacher is about teaching, not education.

  19. #29139
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    How are these small trade deals a huge business advantage, in comparison to what we had? This mantra that a deal negotiated outside of the EU is automatically better, despite the numbers, is just deranged ideology.
    tfw you have to drive your truck full of glass eels to new zealand

  20. #29140


    We'll see...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •