View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Hey, I'm not setting these rules, dribbles is. He's the one linking literally every tiny change in the UK to Brexit, and claiming it as a benefit. If that's going to be how it works for the good things, then that's how it's going to work for the bad things too.

Shoutout to @Breccia; I'm not here to make the rules, I'm just here to enforce them.
    Right! Got it now. I wish we had some reverse equivalent to the Sun to fight back dumb with dumber and make it a fair fight ...

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Right! Got it now. I wish we had some reverse equivalent to the Sun to fight back dumb with dumber and make it a fair fight ...
    Well we had the Mirror at one point but it seemed like it couldn't keep up with the sun

Also another brexit win guys. CO2 Shortages. I hope you don't like fizzy drinks, fresh meat, drinks in the pubs among other necessities.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-dioxide-left
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-58626935

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Well we had the Mirror at one point but it seemed like it couldn't keep up with the sun

Also another brexit win guys. CO2 Shortages. I hope you don't like fizzy drinks, fresh meat, drinks in the pubs among other necessities.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-dioxide-left
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-58626935
    Surely this is intentional and part of BoJo's plan to save the planet. Beers are emitting too much co2.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    With how the UK's goverment is, I highly doubt they will manage to make those opportunities in actual benefits. Its something like this...

..... Many years ago i was invited by a girl to meet in her studio. An opportunity to get her to know better *wink*.... but I never went there .. Thus my opportunity to know her better never was capitalized upon.

Somewhat like how Brexit is.
    With all due respect, your analogy sucks. Because the opportunity in your example is way too good.

Brexit and the government is more like:
    You have that really good doctor, but you are annoyed that he tells you you should live healthier, because you are waaaay too unhealthy.
    Then you decide to look for a worse doctor, but at least he will not annoy you anymore. (Brexit)
    But in the end you never visit them but decide to rather drink another bottle of beer. (UK government)

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Unsurprising that there are so many brexit benefits/opportunities, it's impossible for you to unpick them all.

I've, as requested, been supplying Brexit benefits for weeks if not months now and I guess it's just overwhelming, the latest Gov dump in Lord Frost's letter this week bullet points 61 in one day. If you want the most important of those in the round, while you all are distracted and having a giggle about Ethel now being able to buy bananas in lbs not grams you miss the bigger picture.

The scales of UK politics sometimes, if rarely, swings to the left/remain/rejoin a little for a short brief period and these latest measures in those political circumstances ensure that in the lifetime of 1 or 2 parliaments it becomes extremely difficult if not impossible due to the divergence of UK standards from the EU to ever rejoin.

The measures in the Lord Frost letter I linked cements Brexit in the UK for a century, it sinks any dreams and hopes of ever rejoining and in the most important benefit of all protects British heritage and safeguards our future. We will never rejoin the EU again.

On behalf of my children and future grandchildren, thank you Boris.
    From your link

Reintroducing the Crown Stamp - We will remove the EU-derived prohibition on printing the Crown Stamp on pint glasses
    What a fucking joke lol, how daft do you have to be, to trade empty shelves for a stamp.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    From your link

What a fucking joke lol, how daft do you have to be, to trade empty shelves for a stamp.
    No empty shelves that I have experienced. A sour supermarket remainer employee with his phone camera snapping away on a Sunday night when the shelves are restocked doesn't count either...

The Crown Stamp has been an important part of British heritage since the 1600's that the EU destroyed at the stroke of a pen. You know when you buy a pint and see that stamp, you have the correct amount of substance and not a load of froth that the EU allows for its citizens. It is wonderful, a brexit benefit, that as each day passes and we distance ourselves from the EU Britain becomes just a little more British once again.

You shouldn't be so flippant about the destruction of your national heritage by the EU, that is if you have any worth protecting to start with.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

No empty shelves that I have experienced. A sour supermarket remainer employee with his phone camera snapping away on a Sunday night when the shelves are restocked doesn't count either...

The Crown Stamp has been an important part of British heritage since the 1600's that the EU destroyed at the stroke of a pen. You know when you buy a pint and see that stamp, you have the correct amount of substance and not a load of froth that the EU allows for its citizens. It is wonderful, a brexit benefit, that as each day passes and we distance ourselves from the EU Britain becomes just a little more British once again.

You shouldn't be so flippant about the destruction of your national heritage by the EU, that is if you have any worth protecting to start with.
    Liar.

You're either lying about what you're seeing, or lying about where you live. Either way, you're a liar.

Because if you lived in this country that your posts endlessly pontificate about the wonder of, you'd know that we're facing all manner of problems. Shops are running short on choice AND volume. Any supermarket you go into is missing items that used to be easy to get hold of, and has empty shelves on a regular basis. Now maybe that's down to a shortage of goods, or maybe it's down to a shortage of people to deliver those goods. Or maybe it's down to a shortage of people to stock the shelves.

Whichever of those options it is, we're blaming Brexit. Because if you can claim every good thing as a Brexit benefit, we can claim every bad thing as a Brexit downside.

Fuel shortages? Brexit. Rubbish not being collected? Brexit. Fruit and vegetables rotting in the fields? Brexit. Shortages of workers in key industry? You better believe that's fucking Brexit.

You caused this shit, now grow up and take responsibility for it. And stop lying, you pathetic man-child.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/...120228659.html
    No milk, water, soft drinks, and other every day items.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-b1917763.html
    Food shortages are going to be permanent because of Brexit.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/busin...yed/index.html
    Border checks delay food because of Brexit.

What else are you going to lie about?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Liar.

You're either lying about what you're seeing, or lying about where you live. Either way, you're a liar.

Because if you lived in this country that your posts endlessly pontificate about the wonder of, you'd know that we're facing all manner of problems. Shops are running short on choice AND volume. Any supermarket you go into is missing items that used to be easy to get hold of, and has empty shelves on a regular basis. Now maybe that's down to a shortage of goods, or maybe it's down to a shortage of people to deliver those goods. Or maybe it's down to a shortage of people to stock the shelves.

Whichever of those options it is, we're blaming Brexit. Because if you can claim every good thing as a Brexit benefit, we can claim every bad thing as a Brexit downside.

Fuel shortages? Brexit. Rubbish not being collected? Brexit. Fruit and vegetables rotting in the fields? Brexit. Shortages of workers in key industry? You better believe that's fucking Brexit.

You caused this shit, now grow up and take responsibility for it. And stop lying, you pathetic man-child.
    Lol your doom and gloom doesn't work Huehue, there are no shortages, are you trying to buy a loaf of bread or 500ml (soon to be a pint, another brexit benefit) of milk at Halfords perchance? Tried Tesco?

Sure my local Waitrose might not always have that particular EU (formerly from the Netherlands) stroopwafel I used to enjoy now but that's hardly a catastrophe. No one is going to starve...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

If you cared about the Crown Stamp to ensure you got the correct amount of substance then Brexit was, yet again, completely unneeded because the Crown Stamp was replaced by the EU equivalent which did the exact same thing.

I don't consider a stamp on a glass 'national heritage' but meh guess that's just me.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Lol your doom and gloom doesn't work Huehue, there are no shortages, are you trying to buy a loaf of bread or 500ml (soon to be a pint, another brexit benefit) of milk at Halfords perchance? Tried Tesco?

Sure my local Waitrose might not always have that particular EU (formerly from the Netherlands) stroopwafel I used to enjoy now but that's hardly a catastrophe. No one is going to starve...
    Yeah we'll take the word of the aussie, over british news and people complaining about a lack of food. Even your idol Boris knows as much

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...elves-25023483

Boris Johnson warns supermarket shelves could be empty for months due to food shortages
    It's ok tho, cus you can change a stamp! yay moron cheers for brexit /facepalm

https://www.businessinsider.com/uk-a...21-9?r=US&IR=T

A shortage of CO2 gas in the UK could cause Christmas to be 'canceled,' warns industry boss
    The energy shortages compounded by labor issues, partly linked to Brexit and the lack of foreign workers, could spiral into the festive period, said the owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters Food Group, a major turkey company
    you got a stamp tho!
    Last edited by Crispin; 2021-09-22 at 12:13 PM.

Strangely enough I couldn't get bread or milk today when I went shopping, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op and yes Tesco all had empty shelves where those items usually would be....

when a tory minister says 'this defo wont happen', it will absolutely happen. Happy impending winter.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Guess I could have just imagined all the empty space /shrug
    You're looking at it wrong. Instead, imagine all that space as opportunities and potential! Just think of what you could do with it all!

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair to Dribbles, he probably does legitimately think all is well with regards to Brexit. I mean, his country has just gotten some nuclear powered subs on the cheap thanks to the UK's desperation for any trade deal with any non-EU entity.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth View Post
    To be fair to Dribbles, he probably does legitimately think all is well with regards to Brexit. I mean, his country has just gotten some nuclear powered subs on the cheap thanks to the UK's desperation for any trade deal with any non-EU entity.
    Reminder that the UK and the US have been sharing nuclear submarine technology since 1958 and that this deal doesn't change anything for the UK in the present or guarantee they get anything "on the cheap".

It's actually mildly hilarious watching British nationalists trying to cast AUKUS as a diplomatic victory for the UK when in reality their participation was a rubber stamp mandated by aforementioned 1950s-era pact provisions that the UK be included if the US shares its technology with a third party. Doubly hilarious when you realise that despite AUKUS, the US is still not keen on a trade agreement with the UK due to Brexit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Reminder that the UK and the US have been sharing nuclear submarine technology since 1958 and that this deal doesn't change anything for the UK in the present or guarantee they get anything "on the cheap".

It's actually mildly hilarious watching British nationalists trying to cast AUKUS as a diplomatic victory for the UK when in reality their participation was a rubber stamp mandated by aforementioned 1950s-era pact provisions that the UK be included if the US shares its technology with a third party. Doubly hilarious when you realise that despite AUKUS, the US is still not keen on a trade agreement with the UK due to Brexit.
    Oh, I'm not talking about his residing in the UK, or the US...
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    His use of Tesco was particularly amusing to me. I went to one yesterday morning that was large enough to have other shops (such as H&B) inside. They also had issues with basic stock.

Guess I could have just imagined all the empty space /shrug
    Quick reminder.

Dribbles is not in the UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Quick reminder.

Dribbles is not in the UK.
    You mean to tell me that the most vehemently pro-Brexit poster on this website is nothing more than a foreign agitator?

Reminds me of that one Neo-Confederate dude from...Sweden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    You mean to tell me that the most vehemently pro-Brexit poster on this website is nothing more than a foreign agitator?

Reminds me of that one Neo-Confederate dude from...Sweden.
    From complaining that hunters should go back to using mana to declaring that the South will rise again. Quite the change.