View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Its certainly interesting how people will create an argument and details out of absolutely nothing. Especially when basic facts are easily found via a few seconds of Google-fu.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Its certainly interesting how people will create an argument and details out of absolutely nothing. Especially when basic facts are easily found via a few seconds of Google-fu.
    It is hilarious that this is the best that the Brexit crew can put up in a debate. One that won't listen to any argument and just carries on repeating their nonsense. One that throws a hissy fit and stamps off when their views get challenged by a few people, and one that doesn't take "eww, no, go away you creep or I'll get a restraining order" for an answer.

The last one probably thinks he's "winning" the debate because I'm ignoring his posts. But I've relegated him to an annoying whine. His posts vanish like piss in the wind once the mods catch up. And every time he comes back here again to impotently post his nonsense it makes me smile a little bit more. That ban must SMART. He's still angry about it all this time later, and he still spends his time coming back here to post on a forum where he's so clearly not wanted. I think he needs a hug.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Kind of surprised everyone (including me) bother with the bad faith burner when we all know he'll be banned (again), all of the comments will be edited, and we'll all look like we're talking to ourselves like madmen for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Kind of surprised everyone (including me) bother with the bad faith burner when we all know he'll be banned (again), all of the comments will be edited, and we'll all look like we're talking to ourselves like madmen for it.
    Honestly, it's the weekend, I was bored today, and it's fun to sometimes interact with the circus. I may have had enough for the day, though, tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    It is hilarious that this is the best that the Brexit crew can put up in a debate. One that won't listen to any argument and just carries on repeating their nonsense. One that throws a hissy fit and stamps off when their views get challenged by a few people, and one that doesn't take "eww, no, go away you creep or I'll get a restraining order" for an answer.

The last one probably thinks he's "winning" the debate because I'm ignoring his posts. But I've relegated him to an annoying whine. His posts vanish like piss in the wind once the mods catch up. And every time he comes back here again to impotently post his nonsense it makes me smile a little bit more. That ban must SMART. He's still angry about it all this time later, and he still spends his time coming back here to post on a forum where he's so clearly not wanted. I think he needs a hug.
    I think my faves are the one that scampers off, sometimes saying they're done with the forum completely before returning, and the never-ending burner. Neither of them help their positions, really. Just reinforcing the stereotype of a typical Brexiteer.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That's because it is essentially an insult.
    Actually it's a term of endearment from Europeans to British people well used frequently by Antoine de Caunes in a very popular and very expensive Channel 4 UK comedy show I was alerted to when they did a Brexit special in 2016.

https://metro.co.uk/2016/05/09/eurot...endum-5870570/

At least I like to think Eurochums was well meant, are you telling me they were insulting British people all along with it cos we were in the EU and they knew we didn't want to be?!?! If you are of a nervous disposition I wouldn't waste your time googling historic videos of it, it's def NSFW - the W not being work, but 21st C Woke.

Okay, so you aren't prepared to debate. I should have expected that from your previous posts. This is the pigeon/chess scenario, of course. And there you are, strutting around pretending you won.

You put up 4 examples, and I shot them down in flames without breaking sweat. But you choose to ignore the responses, and intend pretend that your wonderful examples stood up to even a cursory examination. I'm wasting my breath with you, I know, but I'll carry on regardless in case I can break through your reality defying filter.

So, the 5th example. The Brexit benefit that has given us food rotting in fields. Service industry struggling for lack of staff. And as we move into the skilled part of it, gives us logistical problems because drivers have left in droves. You've driven out the foreign workers that were needed for the economy to function properly, and are just wishing and hoping that a miracle occurs to replace them.

So you want a benefit of rejoining? Having the workers we need available again. Otherwise once Covid is out of the way, we're going to see just how toxic it is to the recovery of the economy to choose to damage your own work-force like that.

And as for your study that immigrants cost more than they create, I want to see a source for that thank you very much. Because all the studies I've seen show them to be net contributors. Let's see some proof backing up this suggestion of yours.
    The debate is done, Brexit won even if you don't like that and you asked for a list that all brexiteers would accept were benefits. Now you complain when I give you one?

No 6. Huge reduction in billions Britain was wasting on its EU subscription.

That's six nil btw to team Brexit, are there really no benefits of the UK being in the EU that you can, representing team rejoin, find for me? That rejoin campaign isn't going very well is it. Bit of a non starter isn't it?

O gee he's back... I'm sure someone missed him.

Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    https://www.nytimespost.com/eu-impou...his-own-lunch/

Lol, how fucking petty can you be. It's this the kind of stuff they are doing now, so sad.

This is beyond ridiculous.
    Id be outright shocked if that page you found wasn't just fake news, cause that particular name of a publication is suspicious as all hell, there's the new york times, and the new york post that are legitimate publications, but wtf is nytimespost?

Even a cursory glance into the domain registration reveals it's registered on a gmail address on someone in Diyarbakir, southern Turkey. The email is unprofessional as all hell for a supposed news publication, never mind the location discrepancy versus the name of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Empty shelves and lack of workers say otherwise.

Also it’s obvious to anyone with half a brain, that you do not retain the same benefits or even trade deals. Japan stiffed you, but hey suckers like you eat it up.

Btw how’s taking back control of the border coming along? It seems migrants are still flooding in.
    They can ask France nicely if they'd maybe probably take them back. Winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Empty shelves and lack of workers say otherwise.

Also it’s obvious to anyone with half a brain, that you do not retain the same benefits or even trade deals. Japan stiffed you, but hey suckers like you eat it up.

Btw how’s taking back control of the border coming along? It seems migrants are still flooding in.
    Brexit benefit no 7, ty.

UK Wages are increasing significantly thanks to Brexit limiting the supply of uncontrolled unskilled labour from the EU. Even our dear NHS workers have been offered a very generous 3% wage rise this year, for which I'm sure they are very grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Brexit benefit no 7, ty. UK Wages are increasing significantly thanks to Brexit limiting the supply of uncontrolled unskilled labour from the EU. Even our dear NHS workers have been offered a very generous 3% wage rise this year, for which I'm sure they are very grateful.
    So...this is your way of saying you support slave labour?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    So...this is your way of saying you support slave labour?
    Labour is a supply and demand commodity. Brexit cut the supply and the commodity became more valuable. No wonder UK workers celebrate Brexit as their wages rise and benefit all.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Id be outright shocked if that page you found wasn't just fake news, cause that particular name of a publication is suspicious as all hell, there's the new york times, and the new york post that are legitimate publications, but wtf is nytimespost?

Even a cursory glance into the domain registration reveals it's registered on a gmail address on someone in Diyarbakir, southern Turkey. The email is unprofessional as all hell for a supposed news publication, never mind the location discrepancy versus the name of the site.
    I would agree with you if it was like a one-off, i do recall another act of malice taking place not too long ago.

It's sad to think this kind of pettiness is happening all the time, in many different forms.

At the end of the day, both sides really do need to be more pragmatic, its disturbing how they have both acted over the last few years.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ritish-drivers

Brexit benefit no 7, ty.

UK Wages are increasing significantly thanks to Brexit limiting the supply of uncontrolled unskilled labour from the EU. Even our dear NHS workers have been offered a very generous 3% wage rise this year, for which I'm sure they are very grateful.
    I'm sure they'll be very happy with a 3% payrise when food costs go up between 5 and 10% because of the shortage in HGV drivers that Brexit has helped to cause.

Hell, last I looked RPI was over 3% so this is an effective pay cut. Even the governments fiddled adjusted CPI figure is knocking on the door of 3% already and rising sharply.

More nonsense "benefits" from you. Laughable.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I would agree with you if it was like a one-off, i do recall another act of malice taking place not too long ago.

It's sad to think this kind of pettiness is happening all the time, in many different forms.

At the end of the day, both sides really do need to be more pragmatic, its disturbing how they have both acted over the last few years.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ritish-drivers
    So your complaint is that the EU are enforcing rules that are part of the deal that the UK signed up to? Or are you complaining that the drivers weren't properly informed by the UK government that this would happen?

Not sure how any of this is the fault of the EU. They don't want any contaminated food products entering their trade zone. They do that with all third party countries, and we're just another one of those now.

So your complaint is that the EU are enforcing rules that are part of the deal that the UK signed up to? Or are you complaining that the drivers weren't properly informed by the UK government that this would happen?

Not sure how any of this is the fault of the EU. They don't want any contaminated food products entering their trade zone. They do that with all third party countries, and we're just another one of those now.
    No no no, stop with your rubbish. Removing someone's lunch is petty and vindictive.

It's got fuck all to do with "contaminated food", you know it and I know it.

No no no, stop with your rubbish. Removing someone's lunch is petty and vindictive.

Not telling people that they aren't allowed to take food through customs any more because of Brexit is certainly petty and vindictive. Why wouldn't our government warn the poor drivers that this would happen? Did they not understand the deal they were signing up to? Or did they simply not care about what it would mean for the poor drivers?

We need to know which it is. Certainly no fault of the EU; they can't choose which parts of the deal that they signed with the UK they choose to enforce. That would certainly be unfair.

If the glue that holds the EU together is threatened by a UK lorry drivers M&S prawn sandwich for lunch, Farage is wrong when he says there will be no EU in 10 years.

I'd give it 5.

If the glue that holds the EU together is threatened by a UK lorry drivers M&S prawn sandwich for lunch, Farage is wrong when he says there will be no EU in 10 years.

I'd give it 5.
    i mean the whole world is watching them and the insane, nasty, petty way they are acting, hopefully, they will have some self-reflection on the way they are acting but I seriously doubt it.

Luckily there is a whole world out there to trade with.

it is a bit sad to see people on this forum trying to defend the way the EU is acting, Everyone can see how petty it is, except here, there seems to be some serious Stockholm syndrome going on here with some of the UK folk around here. They would rather see their own country burn than call out bad behavior. ITs a very strange one.

But it does not really matter, the world is a big place, with lots of markets that are emerging. Let's get trading with them.
    I'm pretty sure you were one of the people on here cheering on the UK taking back control of their borders, a central plank of the whole Brexit concept. Yet apparently you have an issue when the EU do the same thing. But then hypocrisy and Brexiteers tend to go hand in hand.

I'm pretty sure you were one of the people on here cheering on the UK taking back control of their borders, a central plank of the whole Brexit concept. Yet apparently you have an issue when the EU do the same thing. But then hypocrisy and Brexiteers tend to go hand in hand.
    nope, your wrong, and it's not surprising you would see it from that view, you and many others of your ilk want to make sure the UK is punished for having the audacity to split from the EU, your lack of logical thought on this one is very evident to be seen.

If the UK started "taking lunch of people" a Marks and spencers fucking prawn sandwich no less, i would be fucking appalled at that behavior, its nothing more than being vindictive.

I understand you want the UK to fail, but come on, this is not a good look at all.