View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The exact maths to the penny/cent doesn't matter, it's the principle.

Talking of principles I hope our Boris mandates at the Tory conference this week that people declare on all future cv's how they voted at the referendum. You voted to remain? Fine we'll pay you at the rates of a Romanian fruit picker whilst Bob over there, who voted for Brexit, gets a 50% pay rise.

Surely remainers couldn't object to that, after all they voted to keep people poor.
    Fine. We'll stay at the lower pay, but to keep it fair we get to pay lower prices too. You can pay the higher prices based on the inflation your decision caused. Oh, and we get to pick what we want to buy, because our choice isn't curtailed by the business failures and import duties your choice made. And we get goods on our shelves, because we have a functional delivery service, while your shelves are bare. Plus we can get petrol to travel around, while all the Brexiteers get to queue for theirs. Our fishermen can sell their goods, yours can't. Our farmers don't have crops rotting in the fields, yours do. Our companies don't go bankrupt because their markets are suddenly closed to them, yours do. We can travel freely around Europe, you can't. We don't have mobile roaming charges, you do.

I could go on. Trust me, the "Brexiteers get what their choice deserves" game is NOT one you want to play. It really doesn't end well for you. Personally I'd love if that was a choice; hell, we could do it by simply rejoining the EU then letting the Brexiteers imagine that they live in a world where they won and unicorns roam the land. You've made up your own reality to ignore all the damge Brexit has done, I so I don't see how that would be any different for you.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Talking of principles I hope our Boris mandates at the Tory conference this week that people declare on all future cv's how they voted at the referendum. You voted to remain? Fine we'll pay you at the rates of a Romanian fruit picker whilst Bob over there, who voted for Brexit, gets a 50% pay rise.

Surely remainers couldn't object to that, after all they voted to keep people poor.
    In that case I'll fire Bob and hire a remainer instead. Now Bob is on unemployment benefits while a remainer is employed (and still getting more money than Bob).

You really didn't think that through, did you?

I can't wait for the chants of "THE BRITS TOOK OUR JOBS" in Wetherspoons across the nation.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2021-10-03 at 01:38 PM.

That's gotta be satire, surely. You're not this dumb.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That's gotta be satire, surely. You're not this dumb.
    Never never underestimate dribbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Never never underestimate dribbles.
    True, I guess they start at "detached from reality" and only get more ridiculous from there. Wonder why someone who's not even living in the UK has such a stake in Brexit that they defend it so vigorously. Is it a lost bet or something?
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking of principles I hope our Boris mandates at the Tory conference this week that people declare on all future cv's how they voted at the referendum.
    Imagine hating democracy so much you have to complain about secret ballots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

How to split a society sideways - by Dribbles. Reminder only barely the half of them voted for leave.

"From cars to milk and meat – here's a list of some of the worst shortages and the reasons for them."

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58721085

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    "From cars to milk and meat – here's a list of some of the worst shortages and the reasons for them."

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58721085
    Guess I'm going to need to add instant Ramen, protein bars and long life milk to the Christmas shopping list at this rate!

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    Guess I'm going to need to add instant Ramen, protein bars and long life milk to the Christmas shopping list at this rate!
    As i understand, everyone just has to shop at dribbles' Waitrose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is apparently located in Australia.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Ahh my bad! I shall make the 50 mile round trip to my nearest Waitrose tomorrow

mostly caused by Covid not Brexit
    Not an issue in NI, try harder.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-10-04 at 03:48 PM.

Energy bills doubling are because of gas shortages from a cold summer eating in reserves more then usual.
    It has nothing to do with Petrol, which is only running out in the UK.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    Ahh my bad! I shall make the 50 mile round trip to my nearest Waitrose tomorrow
    Oh you poor thing, how on earth do you cope? Couldn't you move closer to one? Anyhow... Lord Frost, our Brexit negotiator, today sending a tingle down the spine of all Brexiteers when he said today at the Conservative conference:-

"The long bad dream of our EU membership is over. The British Renaissance has begun."

https://news.sky.com/story/conservat...l-row-12425771

Wonderful! Go Frosty
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Our resident burner is back with his "everything is fine" bullshit again, I see.

The media are "making up" stories about petrol stations running out of fuel? So apparently they have roped in the petrol companies too, since they are corroborating this. And they've roped in a bunch of actors to "pretend" to queue up in their cars. And other actors to "pretend" to fight on forecourts. Do you understand how many people would need to be part of this "conspiracy" for it to be true?

The extent to which the Brexiteers are prepared to lie to defend their stupid project shouldn't surprise us, of couse. It was started with lies, won because of lies, and has been driven through by a man sacked for lying. Twice. Now they are trying to lie their way out of the negative impacts of it.

Tip for you Brexiteers; we aren't as stupid as you are. Your lies won't work with us.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

And if anyone wants to work through the downsides of Brexit (warning, it will be depressing) we have a chain of 1000 tweets detailing them. And to be honest, that may not be comprehensive:

https://twitter.com/rdanielkelemen/s...325818886?s=20

I look forward to dribbles providing his list of 1000 benefits. Though to be honest I'd be happy to just see one. He still hasn't provided any (real) examples.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder why if it's all due to Covid, then why didn't we ever had empty shelves, except for toilet paper in March 2020, and why I can get fuel at about every street corner?

If only there was a difference between the Netherlands and the UK....

Fucking burner is hilarious. The Times is fake news now? And a "lefty rag" to boot?

It must be great living in a reality all by yourself. Lonely mind you, which might explain why he keeps popping up here to chat with us.

Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    How dare you not have shortages, how dare you have food in your cupboards and How dare you not blame everything on Brexit.

Ps i was accused of being you a week ago by a couple of Clouseau's on this forum.

Thanks for the posts, enjoying them, really is getting to a couple of people on here.
    You and your "getting to them" again, eh? That's projection, in case you were wondering.

If you and your pet burner want to delude yourself about reality, then feel free. The rest of us will carry on recognising all the negative impacts of Brexit, while you continue to pretend that there are tons of positives, even if you can't actually tell any of us what they are.

In the meantime, only 18% of the country think Brexit is going well. And we haven't fully left yet. Fewer and fewer people think like you do. How low will that number need to go before you join the ranks of people who's eyes are open? Will you be the last disciple standing?