View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You are living in an alternate reality and interestingly provide no source to back up your own personal views.
    Funnily enough, you actually provided a source earlier.

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2021/...r-ni-protocol/

The goodwill gesture by the commission is in response to the Command Paper presented last week to the British Parliament by David Frost, the UK minster in charge of relations with the EU.

It called for a "standstill period", during which the EU would not proceed with its legal actions against the UK, and the UK would not make any more unilateral moves to disapply parts of the protocol.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well, there's a huge issue...because no one in the UK is qualified or wants to do that work.
    One of the worst aspects of it is that I would love to do the job but I can't afford the training / licensing / tests and there are zero companies I can find locally that help with costs despite them crying out for workers and offering bonuses to already qualified drivers who sign up etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Funnily enough, you actually provided a source earlier.

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2021/...r-ni-protocol/
    dribbles once again provides the proof that undermines his own argument. But refuses to admit it.

Him suggesting that I live in an alternate reality is projecting so hard you can see it on the side of the moon.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I'm disappointed in your Dribbles, you already posted this story 2 days ago and we already refuted it back then.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

No matter how much this guy gets banned...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I'm disappointed in your Dribbles, you already posted this story 2 days ago and we already refuted it back then.
    Well when every reputable reporting outlet is saying the EU have climbed down, all I see here are people trying to drown this Brexit success out in a fog of misinformation by bleating about non existent empty supermarket shelves.

Seriously I'll admit in Waitrose this morning I struggled to see any Belgian lager so woe is I, I suppose. But hardly a calamity caused by Brexit when any stock issues are down to the pingdemic and an NHS app that only remainers install when they want a few days off stacking shelves to shirk in the summer sun. You won't catch a hard working brexiteer with it on their phone I'll bet.

The sooner that awful outdated and inefficient NHS is privatised the better, and Brexit in another clear benefit will expediate that.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    This is one of the key stupidities of Brexit coming to reality. If you want to move from a skilled job being done by foreign workers, to having it done by UK workers, then you do that by degrees. You sort out where those workers are coming from, ensure the training facilities are in place, then steadily move towards increasing the proportion of UK workers. You get to where you want to be in a controlled way.

But Brexiteers didn't want that; they wanted to slam the door shut. They wanted to create a hostile environment for foreign workers. So suddenly they lost all those EU drivers and in an outcome that apparently none of them saw coming, they had a huge shortfall of drivers and no magic wand to wave to create them. We're now facing huge logistical problems from supermarket goods to local rubbish collections (councils that use agency drivers for their refuse trucks are proving to be almost impossible to source).

Predictable outcomes to the Brexiteers activities. But none of them wanted to face this, or to manage the Brexit process in a way that would avoid this. Now they're reaping the rewards of their stupidity and the results are going to damage the UK economy even more for some time to come. It's what happens when you leave things to people that are too stupid to manage anything properly, and too egotistical to admit that they aren't perfect in everything they do. It's also what happens when you leave things to people that have been told all their lives that they have been raised to be in positions of power. Eton has a LOT to answer for.
    This is a winning post. Wanting to make change is understandable, but doing it in a way that does not break lots of other things along the way is not so simple. It turns out that Brexit is quite a disruptive way to achieve change.

Well when every reputable reporting outlet is saying the EU have climbed down, all I see here are people trying to drown this Brexit success out in a fog of misinformation by bleating about non existent empty supermarket shelves.

Seriously I'll admit in Waitrose this morning I struggled to see any Belgian lager so woe is I, I suppose. But hardly a calamity caused by Brexit when any stock issues are down to the pingdemic and an NHS app that only remainers install when they want a few days off stacking shelves to shirk in the summer sun. You won't catch a hard working brexiteer with it on their phone I'll bet.

The sooner that awful outdated and inefficient NHS is privatised the better, and Brexit in another clear benefit will expediate that.
    Given up trying to prove how wonderful Brexit is with facts, so you've fallen back on third rate bait to try and get people infracted? There is a word for that dribbles, but I won't use it because it will get me infracted. But you're blatantly doing it, and hopefully the mods will notice that.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Given up trying to prove how wonderful Brexit is with facts, so you've fallen back on third rate bait to try and get people infracted? There is a word for that dribbles, but I won't use it because it will get me infracted. But you're blatantly doing it, and hopefully the mods will notice that.
    What you on about willis? It's been proven time and time again Brexiteers take a less cautious view of the pandemic than remainers, highly likely that applies to the app too.

It's hide under the duvet remainers deliberately trying to sabotage the UK IMHO and deflect the cause as Brexit when in fact it is down to Covid. Disgraceful behaviour, but easily seen through by any sensible person.

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

What you on about willis? It's been proven time and time again Brexiteers take a less cautious view of the pandemic than remainers, highly likely that applies to the app too.

It's hide under the duvet remainers deliberately trying to sabotage the UK IMHO and deflect the cause as Brexit when in fact it is down to Covid. Disgraceful behaviour, but easily seen through by any sensible person.

If you're trying to prove that Brexiteers don't care what damage their actions cause to those around them, then well done, you've succeeded. But somehow I don't think that's what you were going for.......

Privatising the NHS would end up really bad.

Source: America, Netherlands (both ended up with privatised healthcare sections.. prices are up the roof.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Everyone in logistics and supply chains are calling that one on Brexit. Stop deflecting.
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, let's not be cautious about the pandemic that has caused MILLIONS OF DEATHS world wide.
    Hell, according to the data I could find, about 129 000 (One hundred and twenty nine THOUSAND) deaths.. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries in case you're curious

So let's take this as fact (it's not, but let's pretend, it's fun). Brexit has caused 0 problems (We're pretending here, isn't it fun?) for your economy, it's all on Covid.
    Why are you acting proud and smug that brexiteers want to make it worse by not properly respecting the virus? If you / they truly cared about the economy, you'd want to get rid of the virus as fast as possible, which you would do by making sure it can't spread.. Such as by wearing masks when going outside, only going outside when needed, and not interacting with people if avoidable.

Getting a second or third or fourth wave only makes the economy worse, because now you have government enforced lockdowns *AGAIN*

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes, it worked *SO* well for the US ..

Well for their insurance companies and hospitals, not for the average citizen.

15+ Year Old Account
    So we went from 350mio a week to the NHS *hooray* to let's privatize this inefficient piece of shit NHS *hooray* within months?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Just in case anyone missed it, dribbles just acknowledged that what he describes as reality is what he thinks of as an alternate one to the one we live in.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh noes, last week British sandwiches were found to be WMD's by the EU and banned, now we find they think the same of what was once thought a quite innocuous plant but now designated as very dangerous French Lavender.

EU decision to ban lavender sparks Frexit call in France

https://www.fr24news.com/a/2021/07/e...der-world.html

Come on mes eurochum amis, you can do it, get out of the EU now! What will they ban next? Will they ever stop? How ridiculous.

Oh noes, last week British sandwiches were found to be WMD's by the EU and banned, now we find they think the same of what was once thought a quite innocuous plant but now designated as very dangerous French Lavender.

Come on mes eurochum amis, you can do it, get out of the EU now! What will they ban next? Will they ever stop? How ridiculous.
    I love how a French paper is picking up a story a UK paper put out a day before. I'm pretty sure this is the kind of BS that ended up getting you leavers to vote for those improvements that you probably won't see until ~50 years from now.

10+ Year Old Account

Surprised you're not shouting about the superiority of English Lavender.

15+ Year Old Account
    I presume Dribbles is still arguing pretty alone on the palisade @MMO-C?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The continuous whinge about mods is amusing, though. Banning still has nothing to do with any Brexit stance held by mods, never did.
    If it did, the anti-brexit crowd wouldn't get banned when they get baited after all