View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #29501
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Except those EU bendy banana episodes keep on coming hey? All they do is ban, ban, ban, stuff.

    As for a French website looking to "talk" to the world it is much more likely that the info on it would have to be in English, not many as a global share of people speak the local dialect of French do they? It will likely end up with the numbers of UK people speaking the Cornish language one day.

    Much as some, the EU for example, may dislike it English is the lingua franca of the world. No changing that.
    Again, because you obviously didnt read what you quoted:
    Lavender products are NOT BANNED
    Lavender consumer products do NOT CARRY WARNING LABELS.

  2. #29502
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Again, because you obviously didnt read what you quoted:
    Lavender products are NOT BANNED
    Lavender consumer products do NOT CARRY WARNING LABELS.
    At least dribbles is branching out a bit. Instead of sharing stories that directly contradict the point he's trying to make, he's now linking to complete fabrications as well. A bit of variety in his posting.

    I guess that's what happens when you've created a world in your own head that bears no relation to reality. You either have to ignore evidence or rely on made up evidence. Otherwise you've got nothing (as we saw with his seven "Brexit benefits" that his Chess Pigeon persona decided weren't instantly debunked).
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  3. #29503
    Banned dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    The Sunny Uplands
    Posts
    3,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Again, because you obviously didnt read what you quoted:
    Lavender products are NOT BANNED
    Lavender consumer products do NOT CARRY WARNING LABELS.
    Why are the PPAM de France so worried then that they launched a petition that tens of thousands have signed? It's not just Lavender the EU are after, Rosemary and Thyme are on the hit list too. Ban ban ban I tell ya, it's all the EU are good for. At first they came for the bendy bananas, who will save you when they come for you.

    https://www.change.org/p/commission-...false&v2=false


  4. #29504
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Any website would be in the national language first.
    Almost any; one major news-website kind-of-exception is "The Local"; https://www.thelocal.de/

    But that is an actual news-organization with actual news - and an idea of what to promote (local news in English; for tourists, workers abroad, and generally interested persons).

  5. #29505
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Almost any; one major news-website kind-of-exception is "The Local"; https://www.thelocal.de/

    But that is an actual news-organization with actual news - and an idea of what to promote (local news in English; for tourists, workers abroad, and generally interested persons).
    Also, "The Local" is hosted on domains for the country of origion. For Sweden it's theocal.se, the netherlands .nl, etc.
    Not commercial US domains.
    - Lars

  6. #29506
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    23,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Almost any; one major news-website kind-of-exception is "The Local"; https://www.thelocal.de/

    But that is an actual news-organization with actual news - and an idea of what to promote (local news in English; for tourists, workers abroad, and generally interested persons).
    Agreed, almost any, though the domain is from the respective country for obvious reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  7. #29507
    making accounts to play the oppressed victim lol.

    what do you think about those non tariff barriers then buddy?

  8. #29508
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,633
    This forum has rules against ban evasion.

    It’s painfully obvious to just about anyone not drinking the persecution complex koolaid why you’re getting repeatedly banned.

  9. #29509
    I'm glad I'm a UK citizen and not an EU citizen
    The constant need to reaffirm this would make a more cynical person suspicious of the claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    This forum has rules against ban evasion.

    It’s painfully obvious to just about anyone not drinking the persecution complex koolaid why you’re getting repeatedly banned.
    That koolaid must be some good shit, because it keeps getting chugged.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-08-02 at 12:45 PM.

  10. #29510
    If I were banned for "perceived mod bias" I'd actually just leave and not waste my time here.

  11. #29511
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    what was your main account
    Who cares. Just report it, and let the loser make another account.

  12. #29512
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,696
    Sounds like Dribbles could benefit from visiting Lush.

  13. #29513
    Well would you look at that. The one thing that dribbles could talk about being better in the UK (even if it actually had nothing to do with Brexit) and we haven't even got that any more.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-rollout-slows

    Looks like the Brexiteer morons running the country can't even take advantage of a head-start. We still get overtaken by the clearly more organised and better led EU in the end.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  14. #29514
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58146039

    Vodafone joins the list of groups that are bringing back roaming charges.

  15. #29515
    Emergency powers required for lorry queues as a result of Brexit are being made permanent.

    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...made-permanent

    All those people in Kent that voted for Brexit; we fucking warned you, you fucking morons. Enjoy having huge lorry parks in your formally beautiful countryside. Another one to add to the ever growing list of Brexit downsides, while we wait with baited breath for dribbles to return with more fantasy "benefits".

    Shame really, we won't be able to see all those Brexit unicorns galloping over the hills because the view will be covered with 16 wheelers.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  16. #29516
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Emergency powers required for lorry queues as a result of Brexit are being made permanent.

    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...made-permanent

    All those people in Kent that voted for Brexit; we fucking warned you, you fucking morons. Enjoy having huge lorry parks in your formally beautiful countryside. Another one to add to the ever growing list of Brexit downsides, while we wait with baited breath for dribbles to return with more fantasy "benefits".

    Shame really, we won't be able to see all those Brexit unicorns galloping over the hills because the view will be covered with 16 wheelers.
    The UK hasn't even started to properly check lorries coming into the UK from the EU either.

    People in Kent having to deal with this is a major leopards ate my face moment.

  17. #29517
    Banned dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    The Sunny Uplands
    Posts
    3,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58146039

    Vodafone joins the list of groups that are bringing back roaming charges.
    Great news for Vodafone shareholders, that'd be the majority of anyone with a pension in the UK. And let's face it if affording a quid a day is a problem you aint going to Europe from the UK in any case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Emergency powers required for lorry queues as a result of Brexit are being made permanent.

    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...made-permanent

    All those people in Kent that voted for Brexit; we fucking warned you, you fucking morons. Enjoy having huge lorry parks in your formally beautiful countryside. Another one to add to the ever growing list of Brexit downsides, while we wait with baited breath for dribbles to return with more fantasy "benefits".

    Shame really, we won't be able to see all those Brexit unicorns galloping over the hills because the view will be covered with 16 wheelers.
    Ahh yes those numerous lost tourists to that beauty and national landmark formerly known as RAF Manston in the garden of England sure hate seeing a brownfield site being put to good use. /sigh

    So far in both of the above you have remainers pre referendum predicting Brexit end of days type scenarios and we have now the best they can cite as a pound a day cost and a derelict UK airfield being brought back into use creating employment and securing our borders.

    Both examples are Brexit benefits from my side, why should I post any more when you do it so ably for me?

  18. #29518
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Both examples are Brexit benefits from my side, why should I post any more when you do it so ably for me?
    War is Peace, etc. etc.

    Not much point debating with someone genuinely working with doublethink.

    And a nice large LOL at your "post any more". You literally haven't posted a single benefit that exists outside of your own mind. Your delusions about how great Brexit is don't count. Sorry.

    Pretty poor effort dribbles. Must do better.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  19. #29519
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Great news for Vodafone shareholders, that'd be the majority of anyone with a pension in the UK. And let's face it if affording a quid a day is a problem you aint going to Europe from the UK in any case.



    Ahh yes those numerous lost tourists to that beauty and national landmark formerly known as RAF Manston in the garden of England sure hate seeing a brownfield site being put to good use. /sigh

    So far in both of the above you have remainers pre referendum predicting Brexit end of days type scenarios and we have now the best they can cite as a pound a day cost and a derelict UK airfield being brought back into use creating employment and securing our borders.

    Both examples are Brexit benefits from my side, why should I post any more when you do it so ably for me?
    Bring it on, we will sink that ship everytime. By the power of love and facts.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

  20. #29520
    Banned dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    The Sunny Uplands
    Posts
    3,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Bring it on, we will sink that ship everytime. By the power of love and facts.
    How about debunking this one then...Great news from the ONS yesterday who reported UK exports to the EU are 20% higher than they were five years ago just prior to the Brexit referendum. I'm sure someone, no several here posted at that time in a vain attempt to get us to remain:-

    "Remember when you were told our exports to the EU would fall off a cliff if you voted Leave?"


    https://facts4eu.org/news/2021_aug_UK_exports_soar


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •