View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    I guess that could be spun as benefiting test tube manufactures in the UK and therefore a huge Brexit win (sunny uplands etc).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    It is everything to do with Brexit, apply some critical thinking to recent posts.

Somebody said, it may have been you, they couldn't reliably get gummie bears in supermarkets now = Brexit bad.

I said asset prices are up = Brexit good.

The cost of labour in the UK has risen, due to our beloved eurochums vanishing back into the bosom of the EU, allowing working class British people now earning more to raise and spend far more money on property. With limited supply this has directly driven the cost of them up. As you well know Brexit supporters, being a little older than remainers, are more likely to be existing property owners and therefore are being directly rewarded for the right way they voted at the referendum.

This is all quite contrary to the, obviously now proven false, doom laden financial predictions at the Brexit referendum by remainers. There are rewards for being right, and costs for being wrong. I get you don't like those costs, but many British people see the results of Brexit and rejoice at their new found wealth because of it.

No point remainers in their rented hovel whining and suffering from fomo now because they wrongly didn't support and invest in the Brexit train at the time.
    Can you explain how other countries see increasing house prices, when they arent a part of the UK? It's almost as if it has nothing to do with Brexit whatsoever.

It's pathetic how you'll somehow spin it as a win caused by brexit, even tho it's not, and increasing house prices has some negative impacts, beyond house owners thinking they hit jackpot.

You havent presented a single argument, caused by brexit that benefits all brits, it shouldnt be that hard. Furthermore even proving that those unknown "wins" (which increasing house prices and increasing wages arent a part of, they have negative impacts for others), outweigh the loses.

We all know you did not vote leave (if you even voted Aussie) for increased wages and house prices.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2021-08-30 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Can you explain how other countries see increasing house prices, when they arent a part of the UK? It's almost as if it has nothing to do with Brexit whatsoever.

It's pathetic how you'll somehow spin it as a win caused by brexit, even tho it's not, and increasing house prices has some negative impacts, beyond house owners thinking they hit jackpot.

You havent presented a single argument, caused by brexit that benefits all brits, it shouldnt be that hard. Furthermore even proving that those unknown "wins" (which increasing house prices and increasing wages arent a part of, they have negative impacts for others), outweigh the loses.

We all know you did not vote leave (if you even voted Aussie) for increased wages and house prices.
    Why not explain to everyone how increasing wages are not a Brexit win? After all when did you last go to your boss and say "Please sir I think you are paying me too much, would you mind lowering my salary and you can keep the extra profit yourself?"

Doesn't happen does it? But if it's the case that remainers are for starvation wages, keeping people poor, and Brexiteers are for a higher living wage then I think you have given me a new slogan to put on the side of the next bus, so ty for that I guess.

Why not explain to everyone how increasing wages are not a Brexit win? After all when did you last go to your boss and say "Please sir I think you are paying me too much, would you mind lowering my salary and you can keep the extra profit yourself?"

Doesn't happen does it? But if it's the case that remainers are for starvation wages, keeping people poor, and Brexiteers are for a higher living wage then I think you have given me a new slogan to put on the side of the next bus, so ty for that I guess.
    Salary going up is a good thing, if it is salary in general going up faster than inflation. If it is a very specific subset of salaries going up, in a way that will ensure that inflation increases (and inflation is on its way, make no mistake) then that's going to be bad for everybody else.

It's the house scenario once again, and your inability to think big picture. Some people might do very well out of this, for a time. But everyone else is going to get screwed unless they get above inflation wage rises as well. And trust me, they won't be.

Once again the economy is being fucked by Brexiteers inability to plan properly, and their cultish desire to push their Brexit agenda too far and too fast. We could have moved from an economy reliant on foreign labour, to one reliant on home-grown labour. But that doesn't happen overnight; it needs planning, it needs investment and it needs a realistic timetable. Brexiteers are childish morons that demand everything now, so we've instead just triggered the change without properly planning for what comes next.

So carry on thinking everything is great. Carry on claiming benefits that aren't really benefits. The Brexit chickens are coming home to roost, and when they do it will ALL be on people like you and Boris. The idiots that drove this process and created what comes next. It isn't going to be pretty.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Salary going up is a good thing, if it is salary in general going up faster than inflation. If it is a very specific subset of salaries going up, in a way that will ensure that inflation increases (and inflation is on its way, make no mistake) then that's going to be bad for everybody else.

It's the house scenario once again, and your inability to think big picture. Some people might do very well out of this, for a time. But everyone else is going to get screwed unless they get above inflation wage rises as well. And trust me, they won't be.

Once again the economy is being fucked by Brexiteers inability to plan properly, and their cultish desire to push their Brexit agenda too far and too fast. We could have moved from an economy reliant on foreign labour, to one reliant on home-grown labour. But that doesn't happen overnight; it needs planning, it needs investment and it needs a realistic timetable. Brexiteers are childish morons that demand everything now, so we've instead just triggered the change without properly planning for what comes next.

So carry on thinking everything is great. Carry on claiming benefits that aren't really benefits. The Brexit chickens are coming home to roost, and when they do it will ALL be on people like you and Boris. The idiots that drove this process and created what comes next. It isn't going to be pretty.
    Jobs up, house prices up, and average monthly wages up 20% since the Brexit referendum. Not pretty? Absurd as even ONS figures say the total opposite...

Brexit jobs bonanza: ‘Absurd’ Project Fear warnings torn to shreds by new report

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...dum-2016-covid

Thanks to Brexit the UK is sitting very pretty.

Jobs up, house prices up, and average monthly wages up 20% since the Brexit referendum. Not pretty? Absurd as even ONS figures say the total opposite...

Brexit jobs bonanza: ‘Absurd’ Project Fear warnings torn to shreds by new report

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...dum-2016-covid

Thanks to Brexit the UK is sitting very pretty.
    I'm confused. The article you link says that the average wage packet has gone up 11.3% from 2016 to 2020. It then talks about average monthly wages going up 19%. I've no idea what the second one is measuring. How would wages be rising faster than the wage packets are?

Hmm. I wonder what the inflation rate was from 2016 to 2020? Using the Bank of England calculator, apparently it's 11.4%. So based on wage packets, your "Brexit benefit" is a slight real terms wage cut over 2 years. Yippee?

Dribbles fails again. Consistently and sadly wrong pretty much every time you put finger to typewriter.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I'm confused. The article you link says that the average wage packet has gone up 11.3% from 2016 to 2020. It then talks about average monthly wages going up 19%. I've no idea what the second one is measuring. How would wages be rising faster than the wage packets are?

Hmm. I wonder what the inflation rate was from 2016 to 2020? Using the Bank of England calculator, apparently it's 11.4%. So based on wage packets, your "Brexit benefit" is a slight real terms wage cut over 2 years. Yippee?

Dribbles fails again. Consistently and sadly wrong pretty much every time you put finger to typewriter.
    Again, if I remember correctly, he stated he is from Australia, so, I don't know why he is fighting for Brexit.

Wage increases due to a worker shortage is not healthy. Prices will rise accordingly, and your 5% extra pay will cover the 5% cost increase. I suggest you google real wages.

What are you comparing the wage increase to? This might come as a shock to you, but wages have increased in EU countries aswell.

Add how you've been out of the EU for less than a year, not sure why there's a need to compare to 2016, you've effectively been a EU member for the far majority of that period.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-09-01 at 11:19 AM.

Wage increases due to a worker shortage is not healthy. Prices will rise accordingly, and your 5% extra pay will cover the 5% cost increase. I suggest you google real wages.
    Inflation is not directly linked to wage increases and even less 1:1

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Inflation is not directly linked to wage increases and even less 1:1
    Right so implying it's 1/1 is incorrect, I stand corrected. Wage push inflation is however very real.

Apparently Spain is seeing a higher wage growth than the UK, I guess they left the EU aswell https://tradingeconomics.com/country...ntinent=europe
    Last edited by Crispin; 2021-09-01 at 11:49 AM.

I am Murloc!
    Right so implying it's 1/1 is incorrect, I stand corrected. Wage push inflation is however very real.

Apparently Spain is seeing a higher wage growth than the UK, I guess they left the EU aswell https://tradingeconomics.com/country...ntinent=europe
    It is also possible the EU could see benefits to not having the UK in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Yea!! Less annoying British tourist who are just as bad as Russian tourist.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    I think we are all beginning to agree Brexit is a win-win for all sides, I never could quite understand why the EU were so reluctant to embrace freedom for the UK. There's still a few diehards that need to come around to our way of thinking, just give them time eurochums.

I think we are all beginning to agree Brexit is a win-win for all sides, I never could quite understand why the EU were so reluctant to embrace freedom for the UK. There's still a few diehards that need to come around to our way of thinking, just give them time eurochums.
    As usual your thinking remains.........bad.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

So Dribbles, seeing you have your finger firmly on the pulse what glorious new benefits can we expect to see in the UK in the next 12 months?

UK food supplies set to worsen as more Brexit red tape is introduced within weeks, businesses warn
    The UK's food supply problems are at risk of getting worse because of additional Brexit red tape which will come into force in a matter of weeks, businesses have warned.

From 1 October, the UK will begin carrying out checks on paperwork that must be pre-completed using a government IT system for hours before the point of entry for imports of meat, dairy, and some other produce from the EU.

Then, from1 January, physical checks will begin on shipments of the same products, with goods that are not compliant at risk of being turned away, while at the same time pre-completed paperwork will need to be filed 24 hours in advance, a requirement likely to create major difficulties for exporters of fresh food.

The government said it had taken a “pragmatic” approach to the new checks on products of animal origin, animal by-products and high-risk foods imported from the EU, and adds that it had already delayed their introduction by six months to give businesses time to adapt.

Until now, while EU countries have rigorously enforced veterinary and food safety checks on shipments coming from Great Britain, the government has waived the requirement for goods going the other way.

Similar certification requirements and checks at the EU border caused chaos when the transition period ended at the start of the year, forcing some exporters to throw away goods.

The rules have also contributed to a “disastrous” decline in British food and drink exports to the EU this year, according to new analysis by the Food and Drink Federation (FDF).

Exports plummeted by £2bn, with the value of sales to Germany, Spain and Italy all down by more than a third, the FDF reported.

Imports from the EU also shrank by 11.2 per cent (or nearly £1.7bn) in a year, according to the analysis, which compared the first six months of this year with the same six months in 2020.

Some EU-based food importers say the additional cost and bureaucracy will make large numbers of shipments unviable, as has been the case for British food and drink exporters of products including cheese and shellfish.

Michael Szydlo, an entrepreneur whose company provides software for businesses importing goods from the EU to the UK, said the additional checks are only going to make the situation worse, while government software for logging declarations will cause delays.

“I still get calls from European companies now who say ‘we’ve heard we need to do some customs declarations. What is that?’”, said Mr Szydlo.

“Many companies simply don't know what to do yet.”

One lorry load of food going from Poland could require certificates covering 300 different products, Szydlo said.

Strict enforcement of food safety checks would risk causing more problems for British suppliers but the government insists businesses must be prepared for the October deadline.

A spokesperson said: “We have taken a pragmatic approach to [the introduction of checks], phasing them in over a number of months and implementing them six months later than originally planned to give businesses time to adapt.

“We have helped explain new processes, including by running webinars which have been widely attended, and over 11,000 individuals are already registered for the new systems being introduced from 1 October.”

But Mr Szydlo, who attended one of these webinars, said it had not been made clear that checks would be phased in.

A Whitehall source said that for the first three months after 1 October, goods will not be denied entry as a result of unintentional errors in documentation but rather importers would “receive feedback to ensure those errors are not repeated”.

Another Polish businessman, who imports meat into the UK from the EU, said: “The shortages you've seen now are nothing to what you are about to see.

“I think a lot of companies will be struggling because no one has had to do this paperwork for the past 40 years.

“I don't think any country is ready: the UK, Spain, Poland, Germany, nobody.”
    We're doing super well. All is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yup. All that "see, Brexit wasn't the disaster you all said it was going to be" was ignoring the fact that a lot of things were still in transition mode. Once we're properly into 100% Brexit, it's going to get worse.

Dribbles now needs to decide whether to go into "pretend it's all okay and we're making things up" mode or "downplay the problems and make up a bunch of fantasy benefits that balance them" mode. Your guess is as good as mine which he'll go for.

It's still possible that the UK will have to go cap in hand to the EU to get for another extension, of course. Because the Brexiteers are so stupid and lazy that they're incapable of managing the process of Brexit without fucking things up. How the EU would relate to that is a whole other question that I can't even pretend to guess. Anyone heard any noises about how the EU might respond to that?

Yup. All that "see, Brexit wasn't the disaster you all said it was going to be" was ignoring the fact that a lot of things were still in transition mode. Once we're properly into 100% Brexit, it's going to get worse.

Dribbles now needs to decide whether to go into "pretend it's all okay and we're making things up" mode or "downplay the problems and make up a bunch of fantasy benefits that balance them" mode. Your guess is as good as mine which he'll go for.

It's still possible that the UK will have to go cap in hand to the EU to get for another extension, of course. Because the Brexiteers are so stupid and lazy that they're incapable of managing the process of Brexit without fucking things up. How the EU would relate to that is a whole other question that I can't even pretend to guess. Anyone heard any noises about how the EU might respond to that?
    He would go for both, probaly claiming its all the EU's evil fault, because thats how he rolls.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

THat's the price of FREEDOM!!!! Wasn't that the final response of any Brexit argument if all other arguments fail.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Nothing to do with Brexit, there is a global shortage of lorry drivers and as for Europe...

The most heavily impacted European countries are Poland (shortage of around 124,000 drivers), the UK (76,000 drivers) and Germany (45,000-60,000 drivers).

https://www.clecat.org/en/news/newsl...he%20pandemic.

Scurrilous remainers grasping at straws again, next we brexiteers will be blamed for causing Covid. /sigh