View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    "Ford is being supported with taxpayer money from the Government’s £500m Automotive Transmission Fund."

Wow, we've managed to bribe a company to come here to make up for the superior benefits they'd get from basing themselves in the EU. Those Brexit benefits sure do keep coming. As long as we keep paying for them.

Read the fucking articles dribbles. At least make it take more than a cursory glance to find the gaping holes in your posts.
    to beat Dribbles before he can say it: another gigafactory is funded by a 1 billion fund

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    to beat Dribbles before he can say it: another gigafactory is funded by a 1 billion fund
    I also should have pointed out that before we can call this a "benefit", I'd want to see an actual number for how much taxpayer support we're providing to secure these 500 EXISTING jobs. Bear in mind these jobs were already there, and they were only at threat because of......wait for it.....Brexit.

So a Brexit benefit is that Brexit has put 500 jobs at risk, and we've used an unspecified amount of tax-payer money to secure them. For now.

As usual with dribbles, he has the loosest possible definition of the word "benefit". Then fails to reach even that.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    "Ford is being supported with taxpayer money from the Government’s £500m Automotive Transmission Fund."

Wow, we've managed to bribe a company to come here to make up for the superior benefits they'd get from basing themselves in the EU. Those Brexit benefits sure do keep coming. As long as we keep paying for them.

Read the fucking articles dribbles. At least make it take more than a cursory glance to find the gaping holes in your posts.
    An Automotive Transmission Fund that has been enabled by Brexit surely you see that Huey? £500m is what less than a couple of weeks contributions that we would otherwise have had to make to the EU had we remained members?

Those hundreds of millions are now funding incentives for British job creation rather than ones in the EU.

It's a clear Brexit benefit. You honestly can't paint that picture in any other way.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    An Automotive Transmission Fund that has been enabled by Brexit surely you see that Huey? £500m is what less than a couple of weeks contributions that we would otherwise have had to make to the EU had we remained members?

Those hundreds of millions are now funding incentives for British job creation rather than ones in the EU.

It's a clear Brexit benefit. You honestly can't paint that picture in any other way.
    1. The £350m is a myth. Or a lie, if you prefer. We never paid that much.
    2. A significant part (£100m a week, I believe I calculated it to be) of the amount we paid is needed for the new customs officers alone. There are only so many ways you can spend this money before all of it, and more, is gone.
    3. Brexit has cost the economy more than our contributions for decades already. I could point you to the economists figures, but you'd ignore them anyway.
    4. The fact we're needing to bribe these people to retain the jobs, tells you all you need to know about how things will be post-Brexit. How much are we going to need to spend to keep them all? How much before even you admit we're spending more on being out of the EU than we were spending to be in it?
    5. This isn't job creation, as my previous post made clear. This is attempting to save 500 jobs put at risk because of Brexit. READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE.

In short. Not a benefit. Clearly. Another pathetic attempt from you. Still batting zero.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    An Automotive Transmission Fund that has been enabled by Brexit surely you see that Huey?
    We're still waiting on that fictional 350 million to materialize for the NHS, so not sure where you think you're getting twice that amount from. Rofl.

Also you're basically just admitting that the UK is poor as shit to the extent it can't meet its domestic or international obligations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Meanwhile, in the EU: https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...rofitabil.html

FORD EUROPE GOES ALL-IN ON EVS ON ROAD TO SUSTAINABLE PROFITABILITY; COLOGNE SITE BEGINS $1 BILLION TRANSFORMATION
    [...]

Ford’s drive to a fully electric future spearheaded by a $1 billion investment in a new electric vehicle manufacturing center in Cologne; company’s first European-built, volume all-electric passenger vehicle for European customers will roll off the lines in Cologne starting in 2023
    So, whatever is going on in the UK, it's for the UK market. You're turning into your own little eco system now. Congratulations, yay sovereignity. Meanwhile, those jobs in Cologne will expand in the coming years, because unlike you, they can export to 26 other countries (and more!) without customs. And unlike that plant in the UK, they are producing the actual cars, not just components. Enjoy your victory dance, you cute little cogwheel in the supply chain.
    Last edited by Slant; 2021-10-18 at 08:13 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Meanwhile, in the EU: https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...rofitabil.html

So, whatever is going on in the UK, it's for the UK market. You're turning into your own little eco system now. Congratulations, yay sovereignity. Meanwhile, those jobs in Cologne will expand in the coming years, because unlike you, they can export to 26 other countries (and more!) without customs. And unlike that plant in the UK, they are producing the actual cars, not just components. Enjoy your victory dance, you cute little cogwheel in the supply chain.
    The funny thing is, we called this sort of nonsense before the vote even happened. You only have to look across the Atlantic.

There's a reason why cars sold in shitty states still abide by Californian emissions standards; it's simply easier and cheaper in the long run to cover all the bases by default owing to California's sheer economic size. Similarly, companies will likely continue to operate by EU standards even in the UK simply because the EU is a much larger economy.

Really is just a function of Brexiters being too insecure to admit they got conned by idiots and would rather continue shooting themselves in the foot rather than admit they ate a shit pie.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Projection remains the mainstay of modern conservatism.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Projection remains the mainstay of modern conservatism.
    I was about to say much the same thing. Personally I find burner hilarious. I'm surprised he even needs to use this forum, he projects so much we can read his words on the side of the moon.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: Brexiters discover that most polities consist of a few economic engines surrounded by what is effectively subsidized hinterland and think the same isn't true of like... the US. Or China. Or even the UK itself (see: London).

Maybe they're getting faint from the lack of food given all the empty shelves.

More Brexit benefits announced today.

I'm not sure eurochums if you are aware that the EU effectively has a citizenship fee. This is hidden within the tax rates on domestic fuel whereby no EU member state is permitted to charge less than 5% VAT on domestic energy.

As promised at the time of the referendum by Brexiteers, voting to leave would allow the UK to reduce VAT below the EU mandated 5%.

When we Vote Leave, we will be able to scrap this unfair and damaging tax.
    "It isn’t right that unelected bureaucrats in Brussels impose taxes on the poorest and elected British politicians can do nothing."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...et-2021-brexit

Brexit benefits promised, Brexit benefits delivered by our caring Conservatives for all here in the sunlit uplands. No wonder, thanks to Brexit, everyone has more money in their pockets and in our booming economy the shops can barely restock the shelves as quick as UK consumers can empty them!

What wonderful times we live in, so many Brexit benefits for all...
    A number of suppliers have gone bust due to the hike in cost, forcing households onto higher tariffs with other providers.

The Chancellor is now thought to be considering a cut to the five percent rate of VAT on energy to help combat the increased cost of bills.

Thought to be considering a cut, to counter other cost.

Hey guys, your house is on fire, but don't worry, we're CONSIDERING a 1% cut on the cost of water to put it out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoosh, straight over its head

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you please not bother with the burner accounts? They are going to get deleted anyway, and so are your posts that include them. You only increase the mods workload by conversing with them. Just ignore the petulant child, let him turn blue from holding his breath, and hope he passes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Can you please not bother with the burner accounts? They are going to get deleted anyway, and so are your posts that include them. You only increase the mods workload by conversing with them. Just ignore the petulant child, let him turn blue from holding his breath, and hope he passes out.
    Not my problem, tbh. They volunteer to do this shit and they refuse to implement solutions for burner accounts.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Not my problem, tbh. They volunteer to do this shit and they refuse to implement solutions for burner accounts.
    Anything they could possibly implement, can be relatively easily circumvented. And that kind of attitude is just the worst, tbh. Not much better than the burner accounts themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Anything they could possibly implement, can be relatively easily circumvented. And that kind of attitude is just the worst, tbh. Not much better than the burner accounts themselves.
    I am pretty sure that a post count of 20 or more to be able to post in politics would be good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Rules too hard for burner.

Need simpler words.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Pushing the victim card to new levels.

Someone that has gone through around 10 new accounts over just one weekend is not a victim of biased moderation.
    wonder when he runs out of emails to use.

Never seen someone selfdestruct in an argument as well as this dude. :P

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The best part is that he'll believe he's the logical one, and everyone else is some crazy "lefty lefty liar" that is a mod in disguise.
    This is why actually discussing with him is pointless. He isn't here to debate, he isn't here to learn anything. He's here to spit out the group of lies that make up his Brexiteer position, then ignore any posts that refute him. Then he pads out his posts with childish insults.

It's sad, to be honest. It might be the worst troll I've ever experienced on the internet.

Oh, and projection of course. So much projection. I don't think he even realises how much he tells us about himself with his posts.