View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Lord Frost? Isn't the House of Lords like...mostly ceremonial/performative with little actual power compared to Commons? And they like, have little to nothing to do with the actual ruling government?
    He is in Boris's inner government circle and a full cabinet minister reporting directly to and acting for him on all matters brexit.

https://www.gov.uk/government/people...st-of-allenton

If Frosty says all EU boats are now banned from UK waters it is as though Boris uttered the words himself.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    He is in Boris's inner government circle and a full cabinet minister reporting directly to and acting for him on all matters brexit.

https://www.gov.uk/government/people...st-of-allenton

If Frosty says all EU boats are now banned from UK waters it is as though Boris uttered the words himself.
    Gonna be interesting watching this escalate ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Lord Frost? Isn't the House of Lords like...mostly ceremonial/performative with little actual power compared to Commons? And they like, have little to nothing to do with the actual ruling government?
    no they make laws, do some policy stuff and 'hold the government to account' The reason Frost was made a lord is because they wanted him to become a member of boris cabinet without having to be elected. It was our backwards legal shenanigans.

The get shit loads of tax free cash to do nothing. (50grand tax free for 145 days i think + all of there expenses and staff expenses). Its an absolute carve up.

Also remember there are Hereditary peers (810 hereditary peers: 30 dukes (including six royal dukes), 34 marquesses, 191 earls, 112 viscounts, and 443 barons )

Because we still have an aristocracy in this country who own just about everything.

There is alot of scum in there but Merlin Hanbury-Tracy, 7th Baron Sudeley is the worst one imo.

Anyway dribbles been the beach lately?

So France bans UK fishing boats, so what. I raise you that the UK will ban all EU, not just french, fishing boats in retaliation.

Lord Frost vows to disrupt ALL EU fishing activity in British waters

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ow-France.html

And on top as the icing on the cake the EU shoots itself in the foot, the boat taken hostage in Le Havre is Scottish. The only part of the UK that shows any signs of support for the EU, or did, that's over now though I am guessing.

Time to invoke Article 16 methinks... tick tock
    Are you that daft wanting to invoke Article 16? Your such a fucking warmonger, cant really believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Are you that daft wanting to invoke Article 16? Your such a fucking warmonger, cant really believe you.
    Dribbles believes that restarting the troubles in Ireland is a small price to pay for our "sovereignty".

Or to be precisely correct, dribbles seems to imagine that invoking Article 16 won't do that, because the UK won't set up a border in Ireland (don't ask me how this fits in with taking control of our borders back, I can't get inside dribbles deranged logic to that extent). He imagines then that either the EU do so, and then THEY are the ones breaking the GFA, or they don't, in which case we have an open border with the EU that we can pour all our goods through.

Yes, this is what we're dealing with when we talk to Brexiteers. A detachment from cause and effect, logic and political realities.

What would actually happen, of course, is that the EU, the US and the rest of the world WOULD blame the UK for breaking the GFA. We'd be facing action from both the EU and US, and quite possibly anyone else that has a trade deal with us and either of those two entities would suddenly be under pressure to take action as well. And given a choice between those very large entities and our relatively tiny one, guess who's side they are going to join?

And Lord Frost appears to show the same lack of understanding that dribbles does. Hell, for all we know dribbles actually is Frost. He understands very little, is willing to bluff when his hand is empty, and ignores explanations that defy the world view he's created for himself. If dribbles had been negotiating the Brexit deal from the start, it honestly wouldn't surprise me.

But, as I've said repeatedly in this thread, reality is going to catch up with him and the rest of the Brexiteers soon enough.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Dribbles believes that restarting the troubles in Ireland is a small price to pay for our "sovereignty".

Or to be precisely correct, dribbles seems to imagine that invoking Article 16 won't do that, because the UK won't set up a border in Ireland (don't ask me how this fits in with taking control of our borders back, I can't get inside dribbles deranged logic to that extent). He imagines then that either the EU do so, and then THEY are the ones breaking the GFA, or they don't, in which case we have an open border with the EU that we can pour all our goods through.

Yes, this is what we're dealing with when we talk to Brexiteers. A detachment from cause and effect, logic and political realities.

What would actually happen, of course, is that the EU, the US and the rest of the world WOULD blame the UK for breaking the GFA. We'd be facing action from both the EU and US, and quite possibly anyone else that has a trade deal with us and either of those two entities would suddenly be under pressure to take action as well. And given a choice between those very large entities and our relatively tiny one, guess who's side they are going to join?

And Lord Frost appears to show the same lack of understanding that dribbles does. Hell, for all we know dribbles actually is Frost. He understands very little, is willing to bluff when his hand is empty, and ignores explanations that defy the world view he's created for himself. If dribbles had been negotiating the Brexit deal from the start, it honestly wouldn't surprise me.

But, as I've said repeatedly in this thread, reality is going to catch up with him and the rest of the Brexiteers soon enough.
    Dribbles believes in democracy.

There is no choice but to use Article 16 really. The DUP, that's the Irish people of NI, demand it and our Boris agrees with them. From the commons 2 days ago...

DUP leader Sir Jeffrey Donaldson:- “Does the Prime Minister accept that the conditions now exist to trigger Article 16 of the protocol in the event that the current negotiations with the EU fail to arrive at an acceptable outcome?”

Mr Johnson responded saying: “He is completely right, I am sad to say, in what he says. I think it is clear to everybody that the conditions for invoking Article 16 have already been met.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/p...t-b962794.html

If Germany had an effective government right now, they don't and probably won't until well into next year, it might be averted. But the EU is rudderless without their leadership, their junior partner in the EU the French are running amok breaking international law and Britain needs to take action.

The clock is ticking, less than a month for the EU to see sense, no one can say they haven't been given fair warning.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Dribbles believes in democracy.

There is no choice but to use Article 16 really. The DUP, that's the Irish people of NI, demand it and our Boris agrees with them. From the commons 2 days ago...

DUP leader Sir Jeffrey Donaldson:- “Does the Prime Minister accept that the conditions now exist to trigger Article 16 of the protocol in the event that the current negotiations with the EU fail to arrive at an acceptable outcome?”

Mr Johnson responded saying: “He is completely right, I am sad to say, in what he says. I think it is clear to everybody that the conditions for invoking Article 16 have already been met.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/p...t-b962794.html

If Germany had an effective government right now, they don't and probably won't until well into next year, it might be averted. But the EU is rudderless without their leadership, their junior partner in the EU the French are running amok breaking international law and Britain needs to take action.

The clock is ticking, less than a month for the EU to see sense, no one can say they haven't been given fair warning.
    Well, you're consistent at least. First you take us out of the EU with the backing of 25% of the country. Now you want NI to break the GFA because the DUP (representing 13% of the electorate, as of the last poll I can see) say it has to be done.

The DUP are the last vestiges of a country that as far as the people are concerned barely exists any more. They represent a group that would be happy to see the troubles start up again, if it meant they avoided the increasing likelyhood of a united Ireland.

Oh, and Boris is a fucking coward. Always has been. When faced with difficulties, he hides in a fridge, or takes a holiday and pretends to be Churchill. Or when he has a kid to take care of, he fucks off and leaves with the next young woman that inexplicably wants to spend time with that pasty tub of lard. If you're banking on him doing the brave thing in this instance, you're going to be as disappointed as the various mothers of his indeterminate number of children.

He will back down in due course. He may well be stupid enough to do it, but when push comes to shove, he won't be brave enough.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Meanwhile, in the EU: https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...rofitabil.html

So, whatever is going on in the UK, it's for the UK market. You're turning into your own little eco system now. Congratulations, yay sovereignity. Meanwhile, those jobs in Cologne will expand in the coming years, because unlike you, they can export to 26 other countries (and more!) without customs. And unlike that plant in the UK, they are producing the actual cars, not just components. Enjoy your victory dance, you cute little cogwheel in the supply chain.
    Just wanted to follow up on this because scale matters.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58820599?piano-modal

The boss of Intel says the US chipmaker is no longer considering building a factory in the UK because of Brexit.

Pat Gelsinger told the BBC that before the UK left the EU, the country "would have been a site that we would have considered".

But he added: "Post-Brexit... we're looking at EU countries and getting support from the EU".

Intel wants to boost its output amid a global chip shortage that has hit the supply of cars and other goods.

The firm - which is one of the world's largest makers of semiconductors - says the crisis has shown that the US and Europe are too reliant on Asia for its chip-making needs.

Intel is investing up to $95bn (£70bn) on opening and upgrading semiconductor plants in Europe over the next 10 years, as well as boosting its US output.
    So, while Dribbles is having orgasmic fever dreams about a facotry in the UK getting an extra 500m to become an auto supply chain supplier for the EU, the UK loses out on 95 billion which are apparently now going into the EU.

Totally worth it, Dribs. You go and celebrate your small victories, you earned them.

Edit: Turns out the UK duped everyone. They don't want to have the cake and eat it, that was just a ploy. Their secret plan is NOT having the cake and NOT eating it at the same time. And those devious schemers seem to get away with it, too! Curses!

- - - Updated - - -

Just gonna correct you on a small minor detail: Germany has an effective Government right now. And the way things are going, we'll have a new Government before Christmas. And the EU doesn't need Germany alone to decide its actions. There's 26 member states with very smart people and together they decide where the EU goes. It's called actual democracy. Not the thing you seem to be thinking democracy is "The DUP, that's the Irish people of NI". That's not how NI works and you know it. The same way 52% of the electorate doesn't equal "The people in the UK".

You are an incredibly dishonest person.

The EU isn't going to self-destruct because the UK throws a tantrum. So if you need to trigger Article 16, go right ahead. The border to the EU will be protected against rogue third countries that try to smuggle shit into the EU. If we block migrants from Belarus, we'll definitely seal off the border to a borderline criminal state like the UK.
    Last edited by Slant; 2021-10-30 at 10:58 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

How wild would it be if Dribbles someday went like “welp… theyve gone beyond what I can defend, I concede the UK handeled this piss poor”.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    How wild would it be if Dribbles someday went like “welp… theyve gone beyond what I can defend, I concede the UK handeled this piss poor”.
    He is basically going to be like the Captain of the Titanic, and go down with the ship before he admits that.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    He is basically going to be like the Captain of the Titanic, and go down with the ship before he admits that.
    I know right? Thats why it would be so wild… I think some commenters would implode due to “does not compute” errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    I know right? Thats why it would be so wild… I think some commenters would implode due to “does not compute” errors.
    Nah, we've moved on a long time ago. I've been on the internet too long to care...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

There's always going to be an EU to blame for everything.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    There's always going to be an EU to blame for everything.
    Or an EU to beat over the head until it is no more, especially in the light of the letter from French PM Jean Castex recently stating the EU must demonstrate in this dispute that there was "more damage to leaving the EU than remaining there".

It's a competition eurochums, in order to keep your happy club together you must punish Britain to show other members how bad leaving the the EU can be. And from our side we must show other EU members how amazing an exit can be.

I would say we are winning right now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Or an EU to beat over the head until it is no more, especially in the light of the letter from French PM Jean Castex recently stating the EU must demonstrate in this dispute that there was "more damage to leaving the EU than remaining there".

It's a competition eurochums, in order to keep your happy club together you must punish Britain to show other members how bad leaving the the EU can be. And from our side we must show other EU members how amazing an exit can be.

I'm glad you think so. It just so happens that everyone looking from the outside think you're losing

7+ Year Old Account
    Some real Wimp Lo vibes here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you say so, awesome, please continue winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

How many times on these pages have you wished for the EU to collapse? Would you like me to pull up a selection of your quotes? It's a bit rich when you turn around and complain that the EU are returning some of those hostile vibes.

And we're really not winning dribbles, but I don't expect you to realise that. You're ignoring reality to cling to the notion that Brexit was a good thing. That you haven't tied yourself to what history is likely to see as one of the worst self-inflicted disasters ever. An estimated 4% damage to our GDP; twice as large as that predicted for Covid.

You're describing something that has had the impact of not one but two once a century pandemics as "winning". All I can say is I hope I don't live to see what you describe as a loss.

Looking forward to how Dribbles spins this into a "win" for Brexit.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-59113868

President Biden has signed a deal to end tariffs on steel imports from the EU, which were imposed by his predecessor Donald Trump.

But the agreement does not cover exports from the UK, putting British steelmakers at a disadvantage.
    The EU negotiated an end to their trade war issues with the US, of course they didn't include the UK, which after all is now not their responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Looking forward to how Dribbles spins this into a "win" for Brexit.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-59113868

The EU negotiated an end to their trade war issues with the US, of course they didn't include the UK, which after all is now not their responsibility.
    Doesn't the UK have all those trade buddies in the Pacific where they can compete with China over steel quotas? I'm sure China will leave them some trade volume, even after the EU and US agreed to limit China's access to their steel markets.