View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    .. they use the UK courts and accept the UK ruling?
    if the UK's manufacturers want to sell their products in the EU, they will have to comply with standard and regulation in effect in the EU, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    UK is coming undone.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    if the UK's manufacturers want to sell their products in the EU, they will have to comply with standard and regulation in effect in the EU, period.
    Silly you ! of course UK will stop trading with the outside world to be able to deny each and any regulation effort.
    Brexit is great, it solves any problem !

/s

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Also, British legal experts say they can still cancel the whole thing. How likely is that? What's the mood in the population?
    i don't know. article 50 has been invoked. apparently, from what i understand, to revoke article 50 and stay in the EU, you need a unanimous agreement of all remaining 27 members. And i think the UK has burnt a few bridges already.

The Conservative party and Brexiters (those that haven't already admitted their lies and crawled back underneath whatever rock they came from) are still flailing about helplessly without any actual plans on how they can move forward with Brexit in a way that won't completely thunderfuck the UK/Conservative party?

Nobody could have seen this coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Not sure what there is to negotiate. The UK wants to leave, let them leave. If they refuse the leave, kindly kick them out.
    The EU has no legal framework at this time for actively booting a nation out of the union.

The negotiations isn't about that either, but more about arranging for the political and economical situation after Britain leaves.

7+ Year Old Account
    All those independence movement are the same, full of empty promise. Campaigning and voting is the easy part. And once you voted "yes" there is no come back, you're in for a 10-15 year ride of trying to stabilizing, renegotiate everything with surrounding country who are all pissed at you for all the mess you've done... Every where its the same shit, look who much greener the grass is in this imaginary place where we are free... but once it's done and it's time to actually do the hard work it's harder than we though and all the politics who were all-in for the break suddenly disappear, wonder why...

Those movement are all "we want the butter and the money you bought it with". We want to take all the decision, cause a huge mess and we also want every-other country to be super nice with us and maintain all the treaty that were negotiated over the last few decade. Also we don't want to do any sacrifice that does treaty require...

It's quit easy to put a little x on a piece of paper because people told you things where going to be so much better after, but that little x you draw involved more stuff than you thought, boo-hoo EU is not playing game with you...

I'm so happy here in Quebec the Independence movement is basically dead... Took us 2 time walking the cliff to realize it but now we probably good for a while...

that it can overrule UK courts.
    So, basically, you'd like to be in the single market, and deal with continental Europe's companies. But when there's a mixup and courts get involved, you'd like to call the shots and basically have everything be done in the UK. Effectively, you'd like the EU to live under UK law. Is that what you're trying to say? You don't think that sounds a wee bit lunatic?

- - - Updated - - -

but the EU didnt condemn them.

britain did.
    The EU has no business commenting on a purely internal Spanish matter. See, this is the whole "sovereign" thing that is happening all over the EU, except - apparently and to the astonishment of everyone else - the UK, which absolutely denies that the EU grants them sovereignity and thus they have to leave the EU to be freeeee again, or something.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    but the EU didnt condemn them.

britain did.
    EU did condemned the violence. That doesn't mean it has to support Catalan.

But damn if they do (if it was in the UK), damn if they don't?

- - - Updated - - -

if all else fails i can move to france because my partner and i have a home there.

but i do think voting leave was 100% the right thing to do
    Not sure if serious.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-10-12 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Fuck, Brexiters really love their kingdom.
    "I got mine, so fuck everyone else."

Deleted

He voted remain, not his fault if it goes tits up and he makes the sensible decision that all young people should to go find oppotunity in our connected world.

Basic things haven't been talked about still, a no deal is literally condemning the UK to the vultures, massive cuts to everything, and every sector taking a battering.

Deleted
    Voted Remain, didn't want to leave, don't see the sense in going down with the ship, as I said in the rest of my post that you decided to omit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Voted Remain, didn't want to leave, don't see the sense in going down with the ship, as I said in the rest of my post that you decided to omit.
    Sorry, my fault. Tired and all that, completely misread your post.

ofc we wont get as good a deal as we had in the EU, thats obvious

however after the state of the (european) union speech by juncker, their inability to condemn spain's brutal opposition to the catalonia referendum, and their design of an EU super state with 1 parliament, 1 army and 1 financial body, voting to leave was the right idea.

we have basically saved ourselves from disaster.
    You say obvious I say contradiction of what the entire Brexit argument was (outside of the old fashion racism)/

Deleted
    Found this article from 2011: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ck-britain-out
    The EU should kick Britain out
    Fitting for today's situation, I guess.
    Enough is enough. Instead of Greece, the EU should evict Britain, saying: "Here's your rebate – now get out!" Let the UK go it alone with its "special relationship" with the US, and the Brits will see how special they really are to the Americans. Or Britain can be an island unto itself, secure in the knowledge that it is heading for mediocrity – all by itself.

But a better course would be for petulant Britain to drop the attitude, admit its mistakes, humbly roll up its sleeves and re-engage with this European project, which is so crucial to the future of this 21st-century world.
    Guess that never happened, huh.

Deleted
    The EU is a sinking ship with the only interests of the people in charge being to keep funding their luxurious lifestyle. UK is just simply starting the trend of gtfo'ing out of there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsame View Post
    The EU is a sinking ship with the only interests of the people in charge being to keep funding their luxurious lifestyle. UK is just simply starting the trend of gtfo'ing out of there.
    Now rewrite with less feelings and closer to reality.

Deleted
    Now rewrite with less feelings and closer to reality.
    No?

(This message must be at least 10 characters)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsame View Post
    i respect the will of the british people to forge their destiny outside of EU, but you are wrong if you think the EU is "sinking". You are biting to much into propaganda, and don't really see reality for yourself.

EU econmy is doing fine, could do better, but still fine. It's the british economy that flushing down the toilet since the beginning of the year.
    https://www.ft.com/content/cf51e840-...09ff9?mhq5j=e5

And without a trade deal with the EU by the time article 50 negotiation are over, the UK economy will suffer a lot more.

why is it unrealistic?
    Because there can be no single market and no customs union without the ECJ (or an equivalent) having the authority to overrule national courts in matters pertaining to said market and union.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    The EU has no legal framework at this time for actively booting a nation out of the union.

The negotiations isn't about that either, but more about arranging for the political and economical situation after Britain leaves.
    Yes, all they have is that article 50 thingy that can be used to automatically boot anyone who is stupid enough to invoke it.