View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Don't need to read his bio to know the guy is a moron. Just need to learn how he failed as Welsh secretary to learn the anthem of wales
    To be fair, Welsh is fucking difficult, I imagine.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

theresa may forcing the eu's hand on the irish border question.

ireland wont settle for a hard border, and the UK has told the eu what it expects. will the eu decline putting ireland at risk and showing ireland that they don't give a fuck about them?

strong from theresa may if i'm honest, this will win over a lot of support from the brexiters who felt she was teetering towards remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    theresa may forcing the eu's hand on the irish border question.

ireland wont settle for a hard border, and the UK has told the eu what it expects. will the eu decline putting ireland at risk and showing ireland that they don't give a fuck about them?

strong from theresa may if i'm honest, this will win over a lot of support from the brexiters who felt she was teetering towards remain.
    Oh well, I didn't want to say this... but I hope you enjoy bombings in London. Troubles 2.0 inc!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Oh well, I didn't want to say this... but I hope you enjoy bombings in London. Troubles 2.0 inc!
    not really. ireland need the UK, we protect their airspace via RAF because they don't have the capability to protect themselves. ireland knows that the eu aren't going to protect their airspace (for free) like the UK currently does.

it's interesting, eu speaks about protecting ireland and making sure that there is no hard border, because it would be horrible for ireland to suffer that. theresa may is simply saying "okay, give us what we want then". like i said, it's strong from her. i don't like her, i think she's generally weak and i think she's genuinely a horrible person but in this instance she is showing strength.

Sorry UK, but the Irish problem is 100% of your making so you do NOT get to play the blame card. The EU had working solutions on the table from day one which the UK refused in favor of their harebrained "new technology" or mutual customs collection. It is UK idiocy that puts the Irish at risk, not EU "indifference".

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That's just not something to joke about.
    I am not joking. But I am also not taking the blame for it. What Floopa and the lunatics don't get is that the default state between two nations is a hard border. I don't give a shit what the UK thinks the world should look like, that's how it is. They can refuse to maintain their side of the border, but I expect the integrity of the EU outer border to be protected. That means the border between Ireland and "the outside" has to be securely locked shut. This, by sheer stupidity on the part of the UK, tragically includes NI.

And that, is the end of the story. Nope, I don't give a shit what happens in NI afterwards. Nor England. All I'd care about is making sure it doesn't spread to Ireland.

- - - Updated - - -

not really. ireland need the UK, we protect their airspace via RAF because they don't have the capability to protect themselves. ireland knows that the eu aren't going to protect their airspace (for free) like the UK currently does.

it's interesting, eu speaks about protecting ireland and making sure that there is no hard border, because it would be horrible for ireland to suffer that. theresa may is simply saying "okay, give us what we want then". like i said, it's strong from her. i don't like her, i think she's generally weak and i think she's genuinely a horrible person but in this instance she is showing strength.
    The EU can't dictate the British Government on domestic policy. That's why we can't do anything. The only true solutions that would help the situation have to come from Great Britain. Unless you'd want us to actually take your sovereignty away and teach you how to run a country as adults? No? Thought not. Clean up your own mess. Don't ask others to do it for you.

The times the EU hand held you through every crisis are over.

theresa may is simply saying "okay, give us what we want then".
    How about you let us keep what we have then?
    You are the ones wanting to change something that you agreed to.

barnier says UK's Brexit whitepaper breaches eu core principles.

sorry ireland, we tried. looks like the eu are going to fuck you over. hard brexit, no deal, it is.

(time to pack my things xd)

barnier says UK's Brexit whitepaper breaches eu core principles.

sorry ireland, we tried. looks like the eu are going to fuck you over. hard brexit, no deal, it is.

(time to pack my things xd)
    Why do you keep lying like this?

Deleted
    Why do you keep lying like this?
    To
    1. rile you up into saying things you shouldn't.
    2. offer different bits of propaganda; something will stick.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    To
    1. rile you up into saying things you shouldn't.
    2. offer different bits of propaganda; something will stick.
    He must realise that it makes his posts look super douchy. This is insane. I wonder how often I've said that in this thread already...

He must realise that it makes his posts look super douchy. This is insane. I wonder how often I've said that in this thread already...
    given that you (probably) aren't british, i don't think your opinion matters much.

there's also this: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKBN1K92FN

so yea, no deal is bad for UK, bad for eu too. eu will concede, they've done it before (switzerland, norway, etc etc etc) and they'll do it again.

or they show everyone their true colours when ireland is left stranded without the help of it's "ally"

The UK refusal to look beyond the narrow perspective of a here-and-now deal is what continues to have these negotiations bog down. The EU is not going to cripple or kill itself in the long term just to give the UK their bloody "Bespoke Deal". The EU is not going to cave in to blackmail on this or they could just as well start the process of dissolving themselves.

The UK created this mess and that makes the blame theirs. Floopas take on it is little different from a kidnapper blaming the hardship of his victim on the relatives who failed to pay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    Sorry UK, but the Irish problem is 100% of your making so you do NOT get to play the blame card. The EU had working solutions on the table from day one which the UK refused in favor of their harebrained "new technology" or mutual customs collection. It is UK idiocy that puts the Irish at risk, not EU "indifference".
    Whilst the cause of the problem is 100% of UK making how it is resolved, or not, is of joint UK and EU responsibility. Pointing the finger and moaning he started it is the argument of five year olds not leaders of nations.

The EU did not offer a working solution to the Irish border problem, it offered a solution that protected its interests (which is fair enough) however that solution did not respect the sovereignty of the UK (which given the important that sovereignty played in the Brexit vote was never going to be acceptable to the UK) nor did the EU solution guarantee that there would not be a return to violence on the island of Ireland.

The fact of the matter is that the EU's border needs cannot be met whilst keeping the Good Friday Agreement intact. It is up to both the UK and EU to decide whether exceptions can be made in order to preserve the GFA or if they cannot accept that the Belfast Accord can no longer be honoured and work towards ensuring the safety of British and EU citizens.

given that you (probably) aren't british, i don't think your opinion matters much.

there's also this: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKBN1K92FN

so yea, no deal is bad for UK, bad for eu too. eu will concede, they've done it before (switzerland, norway, etc etc etc) and they'll do it again.

or they show everyone their true colours when ireland is left stranded without the help of it's "ally"
    So, the UK has unilaterally decided to create a problem, pushes the responsibility for fixing it to the EU and that somehow makes the EU the bad guys.

Well, nothing new then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Whilst the cause of the problem is 100% of UK making how it is resolved, or not, is of joint UK and EU responsibility. Pointing the finger and moaning he started it is the argument of five year olds not leaders of nations.

The EU did not offer a working solution to the Irish border problem, it offered a solution that protected its interests (which is fair enough) however that solution did not respect the sovereignty of the UK (which given the important that sovereignty played in the Brexit vote was never going to be acceptable to the UK) nor did the EU solution guarantee that there would not be a return to violence on the island of Ireland.

The fact of the matter is that the EU's border needs cannot be met whilst keeping the Good Friday Agreement intact. It is up to both the UK and EU to decide whether exceptions can be made in order to preserve the GFA or if they cannot accept that the Belfast Accord can no longer be honoured and work towards ensuring the safety of British and EU citizens.
    Well neither did any UK solution do more than protect its interests. So the ones that start the mess should also be the ones to come up with a solution to a problem they're creating, no?

Also, I just can't see how the UK thinks it's going to get on good terms with Ireland after all this fuckeroo.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

the UK has put forth ideas consistently, all shot down because they break - in 1 way or several - the eu core values. that's completely understandable, if UK gets preferential treatment it will probably lead to the downfall of the eu. now however the eu has explicitly told ireland that they are protected from a hard border, and so we, the UK, are using this as leverage to get what we want. no deal is a disaster economically for both the UK and eu, and yes it's more of a disaster for the UK i accept that.

basically the eu has a question to answer now: does it put it's economy and the question of ireland ahead of protecting the eu's core values or not. if the eu wants to protect it's core values (and they're certainly allowed to do that) the result will be no deal, a hard brexit, where ireland suffers the consequences of a hard border and both the UK*/eu face economic peril. considering ireland has a veto, i could forsee ireland being very angry at the eu for 'betraying' them, and veto-ing so many of the important legislation the eu hopes to pass/enact without the UK stopping it.

*the UK is worse off compared to the eu in the event of no deal.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2018-07-20 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Well neither did any UK solution do more than protect its interests. So the ones that start the mess should also be the ones to come up with a solution to a problem they're creating, no?

Also, I just can't see how the UK thinks it's going to get on good terms with Ireland after all this fuckeroo.
    In simple terms the UK and The Republic of Ireland (thus by proxy the EU) have a problem that needs to be resolved; they can either work together in order to solve the problem or they can throw around blame and hope that someone else comes with a solution for them. You seem to be a fan of the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    In simple terms the UK and The Republic of Ireland (thus by proxy the EU) have a problem that needs to be resolved; they can either work together in order to solve the problem or they can throw around blame and hope that someone else comes with a solution for them. You seem to be a fan of the latter.
    A problem that was unilaterally caused by the UK, though. No one forced them to trigger article 50 before the issue was resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    A problem that was unilaterally caused by the UK, though. No one forced them to trigger article 50 before the issue was resolved.
    ... ?

the eu said they wouldn't speak to us about the withdrawal conditions until A50 was triggered, so we triggered A50.