View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Idiotic. It's the digestive market that's about to explode.
    think its actually going to be a jammy dodger economy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do you really treat tabloids like they're serious news/journalism and shit?
    Nope of course not, however they tend to reflect the mood of the general population, they want to sell news and papers after all and it is foolish to ignore their opinion as though it doesn't exist at all. The EU made that mistake, it will cost them £39bn. Expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    With the amount of tabloid links to the likes of The Sun, Daily Mail, and Express he has posted in this thread?

It's either that or a complete troll, I am not entirely sure which.
    Really? Pick a news source that you would choose to link, my selections cover the massive majority of the circulation of news print in the UK. Tell me you have more than an obscure radical angry student rag with, in comparison, the relevance in the scheme of things of zero.

I'm waiting tap tap tap. Nope didn't think so.

You making homophobic dogwhistles in 2018 bruv?
    Oh no definitely not, often quip to the Mrs one up the bum, no harm done. Especially so in 2018. The wonders of modern medicine hey!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Nope of course not, however they tend to reflect the mood of the general population, they want to sell news and papers after all and it is foolish to ignore their opinion as though it doesn't exist at all.
    So...the UK population wants to read lies about EU leaders to make them feel better about leaving the EU? I'm confused here, how is this supposed to look good for the UK based on this? >.>

And yes, I'll ignore their fictions. As any reasonable person should, unless they simply want some mindless fictional entertainment.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2018-08-03 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    think its actually going to be a jammy dodger economy.
    Fuck! I was this close to investing in the Jammy Dodger. Still I'm sure any kind of biscuit is going to be worth more than the pound by the time this over so I'll be right.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no definitely not, often quip to the Mrs one up the bum, no harm done. Especially so in 2018. The wonders of modern medicine hey!
    Pretty sure you did it again. Not cool bro.

So I haven't been in this thread for ages. I'm guessing the brexiters have a cohesive and workable plan. Haven't heard it in the Swedish news yet anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post
    So I haven't been in this thread for ages. I'm guessing the brexiters have a cohesive and workable plan. Haven't heard it in the Swedish news yet anyways.
    It's to get a No Deal Brexit and then blame the EU and Remainers as the reason that we didn't get the "All the benefits of being in the EU but none of the bad stuff" deal that was definitely on the table if only we believed in ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    May+Macron will meet this friday. all sorts of "last resort" speculations are en vogue, May even cuts her italy vacation for the meeting.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ak-brexit-plan
    Here's how it will go.

May: Please push our idea through Macron. PLEASE!

Macron: No, I can not, it's stupid.

May: Pretty please.

Macron: Seriously you're asking us to break the pillars of the EU for another country. It's not happening.

May: But you must!

Macron: Look if you want the perks of the EU all you have to do is revoke Article 50

May: I can not

Macron: Why

May: Because Reese-Mog will be mean to me if I do.

It's to get a No Deal Brexit and then blame the EU and Remainers as the reason that we didn't get the "All the benefits of being in the EU but none of the bad stuff" deal that was definitely on the table if only we believed in ourselves.
    Shockingly, this is a pretty good summary of what the current stage is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Macron: No, I can not, it's stupid.
    For some reason reading this with a french accent in my head cracks me up...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    For some reason reading this with a french accent in my head cracks me up...
    Now imagine Günther Öttinger saying the same thing :P

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...mfortably-high

the merry old Bank of England should be a serious source, so what now, dear Brexiteers ?

the merry old Bank of England should be a serious source, so what now, dear Brexiteers ?
    Nothing. They are happy with no deal because they get everything they want. We crash out of the EU and they hold everyone else to account for it. It's not like they care about most of the country weathering hardships because they themselves will be just fine. As for Brexit voters they are like Trumpkins at this point so they either won't care or lap up whatever JRM is saying and get angry at the wrong people.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a casual globalist shill. This article will be handy for all the "I told you so" ammunition. I heard they're already on step 4; stockpiling food. New Brexit jokes will be the old Venezuela memes.

36 things that will happen if Britain crashes out of Europe with no deal

1. First things first, the economy. The pound will almost certainly plummet, although it may not happen overnight as no deal would have been on the cards for some weeks before 30th March. Inflation is likely to rise sharply. Businesses will activate their contingency plans. The UK stops being seen as a reliable economic hub. More on all of this later.

2. Three million European Union citizens in the UK and one million Britons in the EU will lose all automatic rights and protections overnight. Simply, they will have no guaranteed legal status.

3. Planes will stop flying. Aviation is currently governed by the Single European Sky, European Aviation Safety Agency and aviation single market. You fall out of those, and pilots and planes lose their certification overnight. Ignore the people who think they are being original in pointing out that non-EU countries can fly planes to the EU. Non-EU countries aren’t voluntarily crashing out of their supervisory aviation mechanisms. Oh, and don’t even think about escaping to the United States. UK/US air travel is governed by an EU agreement too.

4. Food will rot. We import about half of our food and feed, and 70 per cent of that comes from the EU. The bosses of Calais and Dover have warned of 30-mile tailbacks and possible infrastructural collapse. Experts have already warned that supermarkets will soon run out of supplies. (Hence the stockpiling.)

5. On the subject of food, many farms will struggle immensely. Dairy tariffs average 40 per cent and meat tariffs can be much higher—so they won’t be exporting it to their largest market anymore.

6. Out of the single market and customs union, supply chains are severed overnight. That paralyses industry. A British-made car may depend on just-in-time components from multiple EU sources which travel across the Channel several times without tariffs or checks. The list of major products made exclusively in Britain is vanishingly small.

7. Out of the Common Fisheries Policy, there will be no legal basis for landing catches in the EU. Given that we export most of the fish we catch, many fishers will be crippled by new market blocks.

8. There is as yet no guarantee that nuclear safeguards will be in place to cover the crash out of Euratom. EDF has warned of power shortages. In an extreme scenario, Hinkley Point would have to be mothballed, resulting in a compensation claim of £22bn.

9. Radioisotopes for radiotherapy are partially governed by Euratom. More to the point, we don’t produce any and we can’t stockpile them either. Many of them will decay while waiting to clear the Channel ports.

10. We’ll be out of the single energy market, which means we’ll need to produce a lot more of our own electricity—placing significant strain on the National Grid. Northern Ireland would, it seems, require emergency generators in the Irish Sea.

11. Immediate departure from the European Medicines Agency means no more access to Europe-wide clinical trials, and no more easy regulation or access to new drugs.

12. Medicines will have to be stockpiled in the context of border chaos.

13. The end of Horizon 2020 ends EU research grants for labs and universities. Current projects will also be jeopardised.

14. 10 per cent of our doctors and 7 per cent of our nurses come from the EU. Many of them will simply leave the country, but there could in any case be a crisis of mutual recognition in which qualifications aren’t recognised. The same goes for vets.

15. Air pollution is currently monitored by the EU and the UK is legally obliged to maintain certain levels of air quality. Not anymore. The same goes for other environmental benchmarks involving, for example, waterways and beaches.

16. UK tourists will have any number of problems. In no particular order, they will no longer be covered by the EHIC insurance scheme, which all but rules out travel for those with pre-existing conditions; they will no longer be able to drive in the EU without an international driving licence; and they may be liable for visas to travel to the EU.

17. Pet passports will end.

18. UK lorry drivers will no longer have the permits they need to travel into the EU.

19. British consumers will lose multiple protections, whether regarding compensation for cancelled flights or rights in cancelling purchases.

20. We fall out of the EU’s Rapid Alert system that warns member states about faulty or dangerous consumer goods.

21. No digital single market means no access to EU broadcasting networks and the end of automatic free roaming.

22. Data protection falls into immediate limbo. That will prevent data sharing for policing purposes and everyday business transactions, with small businesses the hardest hit by the new regulatory burdens.

23. We leave Europol, and with it our EU-wide police and counter-terrorism cooperation ends.

24. No longer in the European Arrest Warrant, we will have no means of extraditing suspects to or from the EU. Information-sharing instruments will also no longer apply.

25. We will be out of the EU’s Common Foreign and Security Policy and European Defence Agency. That means jeopardising current operations and common procurement schemes, and the end to participation in the EU’s wide diplomatic network.

26. Financial services automatically lose their passporting rights, which allow the City of London to function as the EU’s unofficial hub for cross-border banking and financial trading. Valuable transactions will move to Paris and Frankfurt. Thousands of jobs will be on the line and the government will lose vital tax revenue.

27. Loss of passporting rights will void cross-border insurance policies. Passported pension payments to, for example, British expats in Spain, may not be legal.

28. Numerous professional qualifications will become useless as mutual recognition ends. Thousands of British-qualified lawyers, accountants, midwives and masseurs will be unable to practise in EU member states.

29. Students on Erasmus may have to suspend their exchange programmes and planned future exchanges will not go ahead.

30. We fall out of all our EU-brokered trade deals, damaging our trade with countries all over the world. Canada will re-impose WTO tariffs and non-tariff barriers on UK goods until a replacement deal (probably on much more favourable Canadian terms) has been agreed.

31. We lose access to the Galileo programme, which could have serious consequences for satellite navigation.

32. We terminate membership of each EU agency, from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control to the Community Plant Variety Office. These agencies cover everything from intellectual property rights to chemical regulation, and we don’t have bodies to replace them.

33. The UK will depart the EU’s intellectual property regime, with EU trademarks ceasing to have British application. The UK will also be excluded from the EU’s unitary patent framework.

34. Automatically outside the European Court of Justice, all ongoing cases involving the UK will have no legal effect.

35. Thousands of British officials working in EU institutions could lose their jobs—and their pensions. International litigation against the UK could follow—and the EU will certainly sue if the UK refuses pay its divorce settlement.

36. Last but not least, Northern Ireland gets a hard border, which breaches the Good Friday Agreement, re-inflames old tensions and wounds, and creates an active and severe security risk—as well as undermining the Northern Irish economy. Decades of hard work, meanwhile, to normalise the now excellent UK-Irish relationship will be undone overnight.

7+ Year Old Account

So much for remainers to worry about, no wonder they can't sleep and are up through the night forum posting away. Let me give you some advice from a brexiteer who has never slept more soundly in his life.

Don't worry about it.

So Mark Carney has put up interest rates, what wonderful news for mortgage free savers like me - the brexit dividend keeps on giving. Not so good for me is the (project fear non evidence based opinion tbh) house prices supposedly falling by a third in the event of that sweet no deal brexit. But isn't that good news for young, mostly remainer, layabouts complaining they can't afford to buy a house to live in? A brexit dividend for them too by all accounts.

A brexit dividend for all not the few.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

So much for remainers to worry about, no wonder they can't sleep and are up through the night forum posting away. Let me give you some advice from a brexiteer who has never slept more soundly in his life.

Don't worry about it.

So Mark Carney has put up interest rates, what wonderful news for mortgage free savers like me - the brexit dividend keeps on giving. Not so good for me is the (project fear non evidence based opinion tbh) house prices supposedly falling by a third in the event of that sweet no deal brexit. But isn't that good news for young, mostly remainer, layabouts complaining they can't afford to buy a house to live in? A brexit dividend for them too by all accounts.

Aye that wopping .75% interest rate, fantastic for saving. Should of moved in to biscuits like me and ctd.

Let's have the no deal Brexit honestly. Let the people bear responsibility for their choice and face the full consequences of it. Let Farage get his way so the people can see how completely retarded it is to follow a populist dipshit like him. Let there be no excuses anymore. Then maybe in time you'll have a real pro EU candidate up for election rather than the wishy washy May and Corbyn who want to please everyone. The UK can rejoin without special benefits in 2021-2022.

Don't worry about it.

What a surprise, a detailed post of 36 issues with a no-deal Brexit and you completely ignore it to focus on something else.

Your ability to argue is right up there with your ability to predict; pathetic.

Carry on with your caricature of a Brexiteer. All slogans, no substance. Ignore the facts and focus on the unicorns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Let's have the no deal Brexit honestly. Let the people bear responsibility for their choice and face the full consequences of it. Let Farage get his way so the people can see how completely retarded it is to follow a populist dipshit like him. Let there be no excuses anymore. Then maybe in time you'll have a real pro EU candidate up for election rather than the wishy washy May and Corbyn who want to please everyone. The UK can rejoin without special benefits in 2021-2022.
    You've missed them starting to reframe things already. If Brexit goes ahead and fails, it will be because the EU is evil and because the people doing it on our side didn't believe in it enough. Why do you think all the Brexit people have been studiously avoiding having anything to do with sorting it out? They want to stay at arms length so they can carry on saying "you're doing it wrong" while not giving us any clue about what the "right way" actually is.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Well, they have told us that the right way would include "being tough" and "threaten the EU with withholding the Divorce Settlement" one being too vague to make sense and the other being flat out idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    You've missed them starting to reframe things already. If Brexit goes ahead and fails, it will be because the EU is evil and because the people doing it on our side didn't believe in it enough. Why do you think all the Brexit people have been studiously avoiding having anything to do with sorting it out? They want to stay at arms length so they can carry on saying "you're doing it wrong" while not giving us any clue about what the "right way" actually is.
    Don't think the British see it like that in general. I think they've managed to inform themselves enough to make a better judgement. Also, they know their own Government and the infamous incompetence of British politicians. I wouldn't be so fast to write them off completely. Brexiteers? Yeah sure, Remainers? Not so much. They know our side of the story and they see that the EU is still trying to help, despite all.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Don't think the British see it like that in general. I think they've managed to inform themselves enough to make a better judgement. Also, they know their own Government and the infamous incompetence of British politicians. I wouldn't be so fast to write them off completely. Brexiteers? Yeah sure, Remainers? Not so much. They know our side of the story and they see that the EU is still trying to help, despite all.
    A near enough 50/50 political divide isn't doing us much good and as we've seen in the US it tends to lead to the immoral fucks winning. MPs are rarely ever held to account by their constituents because we vote down party lines rather than realising that the ballot is actually a list of names. If you ask the average voter who they voted for its much more likely they will say the leader of the parties name rather than the candidate they actually voted for.

Hell the premise that we're now better educated about Brexit is likely a fallacy, there hasn't been much of a shift on either side on where they stand on Brexit, people just know that it's a debacle. This pass the buck strategy will work, like it's always worked.

A near enough 50/50 political divide isn't doing us much good and as we've seen in the US it tends to lead to the immoral fucks winning. MPs are rarely ever held to account by their constituents because we vote down party lines rather than realising that the ballot is actually a list of names. If you ask the average voter who they voted for its much more likely they will say the leader of the parties name rather than the candidate they actually voted for.

Hell the premise that we're now better educated about Brexit is likely a fallacy, there hasn't been much of a shift on either side on where they stand on Brexit, people just know that it's a debacle. This pass the buck strategy will work, like it's always worked.
    Well, see it like this. It could be a 80/20 split in favour of Brexit.