View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #7861
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    0 hour contracts are a fucking cancer and should be removed.
    Congratulations on your vote to make sure they stay around in the UK.

  2. #7862
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    What's puzzling me is that you seem to think this is a zero sum game. You talk as if there's a downside to it. There isn't. That's the point. Why not do it? This is your folly and this is why you make a fool of yourself so much. You seem to think that somehow the dude in the centre of a country is suffering because the dude at the border can cross into the other country without border checks.

    This benefit isn't costing anything. Quite the opposite, it's saving money, because we do not need the customs border infrastructure. So what the fuck are you even talking about?
    You miss my point. It doesn't require the existence of a supranational organisation costing 100's of billions a year to organise that. You just have to look at the CTA agreement in the UK between Northern Ireland and the South predating the formation of the EU.

    Again what is the point of the EU? Just so you and a few border people can pop easily to France for some cheese? That doesn't require the EU and all the shit that comes with it. C'mon you can do better than that surely...

    Ooooh loook at this.....

    EU SHOCK: ‘Victims of Euro' Germany could SINK bloc by relaunching DEUTSCHMARK

    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...eutschmark-LSE

    A few sensible Germans agree with me! Will there be an EU for the UK leave?
    Last edited by dribbles; 2018-08-16 at 10:18 AM.
    Brexiteers are the new remainers. To remain outside of the EU.

  3. #7863
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You miss my point. It doesn't require the existence of a supranational organisation costing 100's of billions a year to organise that. You just have to look at the CTA agreement in the UK between Northern Ireland and the South predating the formation of the EU.

    Again what is the point of the EU? Just so you and a few border people can pop easily to France for some cheese? That doesn't require the EU and all the shit that comes with it. C'mon you can do better than that surely...
    I'm not missing the point, you are. The supranational organisation has preceded Schengen by quite a few decades. We didn't invent the EU to get rid of borders. Rather, that is an - admittedly huge - side effect of the European process that was happening anyway. The reason we're talking about it is that I have to limit what I can talk to you about to simple things so you can actually follow the conversation. That doesn't mean it's the only thing I could have cited.

    The CTA is probably not the best example, because of the unique situation of the UK. In other words, should I take the historically soft border between Austria and German as an example that Schengen is not needed between Germany and Denmark? You're being stupid. Stop it.

    The points of the EU, in simple terms just for you:

    1. To establish European citizenship. This means protection of fundamental human rights and freedoms.
    2. To ensure freedom, security and justice. This means co-operation in the field of justice and home affairs.
    3. To promote economic and social progress. This involves the single market, the euro, environmental protection and social and regional development.
    4. To assert Europe's role in the world.

    And all of that is always underlined by the motivation to pacify central Europe. Basically, give Germany and France something better to do than bash each other's heads in. I'm sorry, you did not hear "the UK" in any of that? That's right, the UK doesn't matter. Never has. That's why we actually chuckle when you madmen go "we're out, the EU will crumble". No, it won't. Nothing changed about the premise on why the EU and its precursors were founded.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  4. #7864
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'm not missing the point, you are. The supranational organisation has preceded Schengen by quite a few decades. We didn't invent the EU to get rid of borders. Rather, that is an - admittedly huge - side effect of the European process that was happening anyway. The reason we're talking about it is that I have to limit what I can talk to you about to simple things so you can actually follow the conversation. That doesn't mean it's the only thing I could have cited.

    The CTA is probably not the best example, because of the unique situation of the UK. In other words, should I take the historically soft border between Austria and German as an example that Schengen is not needed between Germany and Denmark? You're being stupid. Stop it.

    The points of the EU, in simple terms just for you:

    1. To establish European citizenship. This means protection of fundamental human rights and freedoms.
    2. To ensure freedom, security and justice. This means co-operation in the field of justice and home affairs.
    3. To promote economic and social progress. This involves the single market, the euro, environmental protection and social and regional development.
    4. To assert Europe's role in the world.


    And all of that is always underlined by the motivation to pacify central Europe. Basically, give Germany and France something better to do than bash each other's heads in. I'm sorry, you did not hear "the UK" in any of that? That's right, the UK doesn't matter. Never has. That's why we actually chuckle when you madmen go "we're out, the EU will crumble". No, it won't. Nothing changed about the premise on why the EU and its precursors were founded.
    1. Why do I or you need European citizenship, it's not proper citizenship at all existing in name only. Pointless, thanks for confirming the EU is pointless. What next another one on top of that? Perhaps Global citizenship? Bollocks.

    2.I have freedom already thanks very much, again you confirm the pointlessness of the EU.

    3.I have economic and social progress already. Again EU = pointless.

    4.I don't give a monkeys about the EU asserting it's role in the world. EU = pointless.

    So we agree the EU is pointless and irrelevant. Next?
    Brexiteers are the new remainers. To remain outside of the EU.

  5. #7865
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    1. Why do I or you need European citizenship, it's not proper citizenship at all existing in name only. Pointless, thanks for confirming the EU is pointless. What next another one on top of that? Perhaps Global citizenship? Bollocks.

    2.I have freedom already thanks very much, again you confirm the pointlessness of the EU.

    3.I have economic and social progress already. Again EU = pointless.

    4.I don't give a monkeys about the EU asserting it's role in the world. EU = pointless.

    So we agree the EU is pointless and irrelevant. Next?
    The only thing I would agree with is that you're being irritatingly dishonest.

    1. It's not about the word "citizenship". It's about protection of fundamental human rights and freedoms. The point is literally explained in the sentence after that. But you choose to ignore it, because you can't really disagree with that, can you. You're dishonest and discussing in bad faith once more. I'm surprised you even pick up these details and talk about them, because the only way you can get away with your fantasy is by generalising and inventing lies.

    2. Your freedom sans the EU is limited to the UK. The EU extends that freedom to any country in the EU. Without you having to do anything. I don't see how this is not a net gain for you. Again, this is explained in the second part of the bullet point which you choose to actively ignore, because you can't really disagree with it. Again, you are dishonest and arguing in bad faith.

    3. You have economic and social progress that the EU is trying to improve even further, again... second sentence, dishonest, blabla. This isn't just an empty phrase, you can see how the EU is improving every member state's economy over the decades. As long as you don't get yourself into trouble, of course. The EU isn't babysitting nations. It's just trying to create the tools and environment in which nations strive.

    4. The EU isn't trying to assert the EU's role in the world. You're being dishonest again, it's trying to assert Europe's role in the world. That means not the EU is the big player here, it's the nations that make the European continent. Even the UK. Because, sadly, the British Empire is gone and the UK on its own is just a tiny fucking speck on the globe that nobody gives a toss about. On its own. As you will find out.

    So, really, the only thing I would agree with is that you're dishonest and argue in bad faith, really. You don't even believe in your own stance is what I'd wager. I think you're just going through the motions. A troll, perhaps. To get a reaction. Mind you, I'm not explaining all of this for your benefit, I'm just pointing it out so the odd passive reader that may still stumble in and look at the last page sees an assessment of you that may help him realise just how dishonest the typical Brexiteer is.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  6. #7866
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The only thing I would agree with is that you're being irritatingly dishonest.

    1. It's not about the word "citizenship". It's about protection of fundamental human rights and freedoms. The point is literally explained in the sentence after that. But you choose to ignore it, because you can't really disagree with that, can you. You're dishonest and discussing in bad faith once more. I'm surprised you even pick up these details and talk about them, because the only way you can get away with your fantasy is by generalising and inventing lies.

    2. Your freedom sans the EU is limited to the UK. The EU extends that freedom to any country in the EU. Without you having to do anything. I don't see how this is not a net gain for you. Again, this is explained in the second part of the bullet point which you choose to actively ignore, because you can't really disagree with it. Again, you are dishonest and arguing in bad faith.

    3. You have economic and social progress that the EU is trying to improve even further, again... second sentence, dishonest, blabla. This isn't just an empty phrase, you can see how the EU is improving every member state's economy over the decades. As long as you don't get yourself into trouble, of course. The EU isn't babysitting nations. It's just trying to create the tools and environment in which nations strive.

    4. The EU isn't trying to assert the EU's role in the world. You're being dishonest again, it's trying to assert Europe's role in the world. That means not the EU is the big player here, it's the nations that make the European continent. Even the UK. Because, sadly, the British Empire is gone and the UK on its own is just a tiny fucking speck on the globe that nobody gives a toss about. On its own. As you will find out.

    So, really, the only thing I would agree with is that you're dishonest and argue in bad faith, really. You don't even believe in your own stance is what I'd wager. I think you're just going through the motions. A troll, perhaps. To get a reaction. Mind you, I'm not explaining all of this for your benefit, I'm just pointing it out so the odd passive reader that may still stumble in and look at the last page sees an assessment of you that may help him realise just how dishonest the typical Brexiteer is.
    Dribbles' reading skills might not be on par with certain standards, the express thing he linked clearly states the danger of leaving the EU and going back to D-Marks. If he had only read below the shiny pictures he would have read about it. So discussing this kind of thing with Dribbles' is a lost cause, he will only read what he likes to read and interprent it like that.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

  7. #7867
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Dribbles' reading skills might not be on par with certain standards, the express thing he linked clearly states the danger of leaving the EU and going back to D-Marks. If he had only read below the shiny pictures he would have read about it. So discussing this kind of thing with Dribbles' is a lost cause, he will only read what he likes to read and interprent it like that.
    No one is discussing anything with Dripples.
    We are posting corrections to the misleading statements he spews so that the unwary know not to take his word for it.

    Discussions in this thread are at best sometimes about him and his lies, never with him, anymore.
    If it looks like he is addressed directly that is mostly due to the posting style of people.

    (Sorry Slant when it looks like I'm speaking in your stead, I'm just paraphrasing my understanding of what you wrote some posts back.)
    Last edited by Noradin; 2018-08-17 at 02:51 PM.

  8. #7868
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'm just pointing it out so the odd passive reader that may still stumble in and look at the last page sees an assessment of you that may help him realise just how dishonest the typical Brexiteer is.
    I think the reality is passive readers will form their own opinion about the EU fanatics that post here and if anything, on seeing the facts I present, tend to move more towards the euroscpetic side. My side. So I thank you kindly for that opportunity. Bet you didn't think you were doing you bit for brexit and for me too :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    No one is discussing anything with Dripples.
    We are posting corrections to the misleading statements he spews so that the unwary know not to take his word for it.

    Discussions in this thread are at best sometimes about him and his lies, never with him, anymore.
    If it looks like he is addressed directly that is mostly due to the posting style of people.

    (Sorry Slant when it looks like I'm speaking in your stead, I'm just paraphrasing my understanding of what you wrote some posts back.)
    Statements? No facts. Pure unadulterated facts. Facts that the minute EU radical extremists are confronted with try to deviate off topic and start chatting about lions, leopards and unicorns or whatever in deflection. Case in point when I demonstrated very recently how the EU is failing its youth by providing no employment opportunities whatsoever.

    Was there a murmur on topic from the fanatics? No nothing, nada, zilch. Not even a pathetic excuse for the pathetic EU's towering unemployment figures.
    Brexiteers are the new remainers. To remain outside of the EU.

  9. #7869
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Statements? No facts. Pure unadulterated facts. Facts that the minute EU radical extremists are confronted with try to deviate off topic and start chatting about lions, leopards and unicorns or whatever in deflection. Case in point when I demonstrated very recently how the EU is failing its youth by providing no employment opportunities whatsoever.

    Was there a murmur on topic from the fanatics? No nothing, nada, zilch. Not even a pathetic excuse for the pathetic EU's towering unemployment figures.
    You don't post facts Dribbles, and you know that. You post lies, opinions based on your own bigotry and links to news stories that either come from places like the Daily Mail (and are also based on lies) or from other sources that actually disprove the points you are trying to make (if you had actually read the stories, instead of just focusing on the headline).

    What I find most interesting is the one time where the mask of the idiotic Brexiteer you play on here slipped, and we seemed to get the first genuine glimpse of who you really are. That was when you started to talk about your facist totalitarian desires. Suddenly you stopped seeming like a caricature and started feeling real. Which actually scares me a lot more than the comic relief you are trying to pass off as yourself.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  10. #7870
    Let's be honest Dribbles: Plenty of the facts you post say the exact opposite of what you claim once one gets beyond the crayons and big headlines.

    No-one really wanted to pretend that unemployment was something that fell under EU jurisdiction just to engage with you, but feel free to create a thread about the individual governments failing their voters if you so desire.

  11. #7871
    Deleted
    i like how the 'woman duties washing cooking cleaning' comment was allowed to slip.

    the 1,2,3,4 comment is the first time ive seen dribbles seething.

  12. #7872
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    i like how the 'woman duties washing cooking cleaning' comment was allowed to slip.

    the 1,2,3,4 comment is the first time ive seen dribbles seething.
    It wasn't worth replying to, anyone who agrees with that one is beyond help anyway.
    Our replies are for the benefit of the unwary, not to try and change hopeless cases.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2018-08-17 at 08:21 PM.

  13. #7873
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    EU radical extremists
    What is this nonsense? A radical seeks change, you cant just copy/paste something that some groups are labeled correctly, to whoever you think is in the wrong.

  14. #7874
    It is classic ad hominim. If you run out of arguments go for the man in stead.

  15. #7875
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    It is classic ad hominim. If you run out of arguments go for the man in stead.
    This is meant to be ironic.... right?

  16. #7876

  17. #7877
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,788
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Is that a picture of lorries backed up on the A16 at Calais all the way to the Netherlands with rotting food and flowers loaded on board? That Gouda cheese is going to be well matured and mouldy, might as well buy home made English Stilton!
    Brexiteers are the new remainers. To remain outside of the EU.

  18. #7878
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,788
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Im not sure our food rationing stamps will stretch to stilton
    Desperate times = desperate measures, we'll cope.

    For fans of bullet points here is how Brexit will decimate EU trade, jobs and people.

    1. Automotive. 42000 jobs in the German motor industry lost alone.
    2. Tourism 300000 jobs lost in the Irish tourism industry.
    3. Agriculture 800000 Italian farms gone bust as 2.3bn euro is cut from the CAP budget.
    4. Finance 7000 EU financial funds closed and jobs associated with them lost due to EU -> UK passporting gone.
    5. Pharmaceutical. Unknown millions in the EU dead due to loss of access to some of the worlds biggest drugs companies and medicines based in the UK

    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10...ustries-latest

    What do you think EUrochums? You give me remainer project fear and I raise you with the Brexit alternative version. I promise you, yours is crazier.
    Brexiteers are the new remainers. To remain outside of the EU.

  19. #7879
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    21,681
    This is really just boring now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  20. #7880
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    This is really just boring now.
    Losing the debate can feel that way.
    Brexiteers are the new remainers. To remain outside of the EU.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •