View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #8021
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Reason why the economy cratered was because the foundation of growth itself was flawed on hot air and not because of a lack of stimulus. So when you don't support the policy that previously achieved that growth the only natural result will be reduction in economic output.

    Also from the EU perspective Greece wasn't really a reliable partner in trying to fix their own issues now where they, given that Greece got bailed out with tax payer money from other countries not sure what you expected from the individual EU members. Not a single government would be able to sell to it's people that Greece who got in economical downfall because of spending should be allowed to spend money that in reality they don't have.
    Almost everyone made money out of the bail out. They saved their banks and collected interest. yes, they could have made more with a better investment but they clearly did not lose anything.
    As I said, stimulus could be tied to requirements as much as bail out can. What happened was that rough goals was set, the government chose the worst way to implement them so that they would not hurt their primary voter base in public employees by destroying the private sector, and the EU did not give a shit.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  2. #8022
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Obviously playing civil & nice isn't working.
    Your American brute force approach isn't working in Europe, either.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  3. #8023
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Your American brute force approach isn't working in Europe, either.
    I mean he went straight for Dribbles' last resort of "give us what we want or WAR".
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  4. #8024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean he went straight for Dribbles' last resort of "give us what we want or WAR".
    Yeah, I notice a trend among kids to scream for war everytime something gets complicated. I blame the fact that they are so disconnected from Vietnam or WW2 that they don't actually realise how shit war is. I blame education. Or lack of it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  5. #8025
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Absolutely, the public sector needed to be cut in half. It wasn't. And the cuts there should have been met with stimulus elsewhere so the economy would not crater. It did. So the way it was dealt was absolutely a disaster and people celebrating this are either ignorant or morally reprehensible.
    What you are calling for here is what is called "austerity", what happened in Greece wasn't.
    But it makes such a nice scapegoat, doesn't it...

    Austerity means choosing where to make cuts instead of cutting everything.
    Politicans do not like it because it means taking responsibility for things people won't like.
    They like to pretend everthing good is their doing and everything bad was beyond their control.

  6. #8026
    Deleted
    anyone see that clip of mogg. Disgusting prick.

  7. #8027
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    *chuckles*

    Yes, please. Give us facts. That would be a first.
    Your wish is my command.



    I'd like to thank everyone that voted for Brexit and chose to make us all in the UK so much more wealthy. And thank you to the EU for being such dicks, without your incompetence and stupidity it would never have happened.

    Not long now until the UK celebrates its emancipation from the EU, watch how high the FTSE soars then. Tick tock.

  8. #8028
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Your wish is my command.



    I'd like to thank everyone that voted for Brexit and chose to make us all in the UK so much more wealthy. And thank you to the EU for being such dicks, without your incompetence and stupidity it would never have happened.

    Not long now until the UK celebrates its emancipation from the EU, watch how high the FTSE soars then. Tick tock.
    Your own graph--which admittely does not have a source--disagrees with you.
    It clearly shows how much less the wealth of the people in the UK is worth.
    How much less they can buy for a British Pounds.

    So in short: You haven't provided any facts--because there is no source--and your argument is self-defeating.

  9. #8029
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Your own graph--which admittely does not have a source--disagrees with you.
    It clearly shows how much less the wealth of the people in the UK is worth.
    How much less they can buy for a British Pounds.

    So in short: You haven't provided any facts--because there is no source--and your argument is self-defeating.
    What do you mean no source?

    How do you work that out? £100 invested around the date of the referendum would now be worth £130, more if you take into account dividend income received in addition over the time period. Is that some kind of crazy EU economics that you are relying on? Demonstrate your workings if you can... I wont hold my breath.

    The source is what it is, the FTSE. You can't spin the numbers of the FTSE they are a matter of public record. How can you say there is no source?

  10. #8030
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    What do you mean no source?

    How do you work that out? £100 invested around the date of the referendum would now be worth £130, more if you take into account dividend income received in addition over the time period. Is that some kind of crazy EU economics that you are relying on? Demonstrate your workings if you can... I wont hold my breath.

    The source is what it is, the FTSE. You can't spin the numbers of the FTSE they are a matter of public record. How can you say there is no source?
    So, you're saying that you'd need £130 today to do the same investment you could do with£100 pre-brexit vote? Considering that the Pound Sterling floundered by some 30% or whatever it was.
    - Lars

  11. #8031
    Deleted
    Stock Market =/= economy.

    Nice try Dribs.

  12. #8032
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    So, you're saying that you'd need £130 today to do the same investment you could do with£100 pre-brexit vote? Considering that the Pound Sterling floundered by some 30% or whatever it was.
    No I am not saying that. The devaluation in the pound has not translated into higher prices in the shops for the consumer. UK inflation is lower than many EU countries and over the whole 2 year ish time period from the date of the referendum comes in at 4.1%. Far lower than the massive gains everyone has benefited from in the rise of the FTSE. Brexit = wealth for the many not the few.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Stock Market =/= economy.

    Nice try Dribs.
    Let's talk about how the EU holds back the UK economy by preventing it from doing trade deals with over 90% of the worlds economy.



    Facts are facts, you can't escape them eurochums.

  13. #8033
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Let's talk about how the EU holds back the UK economy by preventing it from doing trade deals with over 90% of the worlds economy.



    Facts are facts, you can't escape them eurochums.
    Let's talk about how leaving one of the worlds strongest trading blocs will completely shaft us in any trade agreement with any other major trading power.

  14. #8034
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    What do you mean no source?

    How do you work that out? £100 invested around the date of the referendum would now be worth £130, more if you take into account dividend income received in addition over the time period. Is that some kind of crazy EU economics that you are relying on? Demonstrate your workings if you can... I wont hold my breath.

    The source is what it is, the FTSE. You can't spin the numbers of the FTSE they are a matter of public record. How can you say there is no source?
    Thank you for proving my point.

    When you say "Brexit--for the many, not the few" "few" refers to people who work in the UK, right, and "many" to everyone with their money outside of it?

  15. #8035
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Your wish is my command.



    I'd like to thank everyone that voted for Brexit and chose to make us all in the UK so much more wealthy. And thank you to the EU for being such dicks, without your incompetence and stupidity it would never have happened.

    Not long now until the UK celebrates its emancipation from the EU, watch how high the FTSE soars then. Tick tock.
    How is Brexit responsible for this?

    Because you seem to like charts, here's the Dax:



    Apparently, paying millions per year for Refugees while dealing with Greece is good! We should start more wars! You failed to show the connection. This isn't more a fact than saying "the sun is blue" #thanksbrexit

    Here's another pic, comparing you to us peasants in Germany. You see how the graph is diverging from 2016 on? And Brexit hasn't even happened, yet. That's just because people think it may happen.



    Not very impressed with your facts so far. Go ahead. Find some more. Be a good boy!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  16. #8036
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Thank you for proving my point.

    When you say "Brexit--for the many, not the few" "few" refers to people who work in the UK, right, and "many" to everyone with their money outside of it?
    How does money earned, kept and spent in timbuktu have any correlation to the UK economy? It doesn't unless of course a devaluation of the pound makes timbuktu more likely, which it is, to become consumers of UK product.

    £100 at the time of the referendum in real terms today would need to be £104 to be of equal value due to inflation. The FTSE has risen by almost 30% over the same time period with on top dividend income in addition of almost 10%.

    Brexit = Increasing wealth for the UK many, not the few. Better?

    You have proved no point at all, my facts show the exact opposite in what you are saying. Just hoping you can see the light eurochums and the reality of the benefits of being outside the EU. You will get it one day, all but inevitable.

  17. #8037
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Let's talk about how the EU holds back the UK economy by preventing it from doing trade deals with over 90% of the worlds economy.



    Facts are facts, you can't escape them eurochums.
    The EU isn't preventing you from making deals in areas the EU hasn't touched, yet.

    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/10/germ...e-tariffs.html

    Poor Dribs. Still not having a clue what he's talking about. Also, your entire argument is based on the assumption that the rest of the world actually wants to deal with the UK. It's like you think once you're out, money will just pour in, all by itself! It's magic! The tragic bit is that your politicians show just about as much understanding about how trade works as you do. It's incomprehensible how incompetence is so widely spread over there.

    Oh, wait... I forgot, you don't even care. You plan to replace the Government with your own nationalist fetish party anyway.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  18. #8038
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    How is Brexit responsible for this?
    Apparently, paying millions per year for Refugees while dealing with Greece is good! Not very impressed with your facts so far. Go ahead. Find some more. Be a good boy!
    You are being very country specific with Germany and its economic rape of Greece by your country is very well documented. Are you sure you want to go there?

    Very kind of you to demonstrate who is benefiting from the EU and how almost every other nation inside is being ruined by it. Carry on please I implore you, the EU will be the weaker for your endeavors. Thanks again Slanty, I knew you were with me...

  19. #8039
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Your wish is my command.



    I'd like to thank everyone that voted for Brexit and chose to make us all in the UK so much more wealthy. And thank you to the EU for being such dicks, without your incompetence and stupidity it would never have happened.

    Not long now until the UK celebrates its emancipation from the EU, watch how high the FTSE soars then. Tick tock.
    The crazy thing is how the EU held all the leverage at the start but now is losing momentum because they are letting the negotiations drag on due to petty reasons.
    Battle for Abilities = WoD 2.0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    I'll trust blizzard over your assessment. They've been doing this for a long time. It may very well be that your class is nerfed in which case, your class will feel as if it doesn't work correctly.

  20. #8040
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You are being very country specific with Germany and its economic rape of Greece by your country is very well documented. Are you sure you want to go there?

    Very kind of you to demonstrate who is benefiting from the EU and how almost every other nation inside is being ruined by it. Carry on please I implore you, the EU will be the weaker for your endeavors. Thanks again Slanty, I knew you were with me...
    Netherlands aint getting ruined by Germany, and Greece is to blame for its own mistakes....
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •