View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You are being very country specific with Germany and its economic rape of Greece by your country is very well documented. Are you sure you want to go there?

Very kind of you to demonstrate who is benefiting from the EU and how almost every other nation inside is being ruined by it. Carry on please I implore you, the EU will be the weaker for your endeavors. Thanks again Slanty, I knew you were with me...
    Netherlands aint getting ruined by Germany, and Greece is to blame for its own mistakes....

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Netherlands aint getting ruined by Germany, and Greece is to blame for its own mistakes....
    Yeah but Germany is making Greece situation worse. Germany is basically a parasite off of all the other EU countries. That is why the fear with the PIGS bailing the EU is very real.

What do you mean no source?

How do you work that out? £100 invested around the date of the referendum would now be worth £130, more if you take into account dividend income received in addition over the time period. Is that some kind of crazy EU economics that you are relying on? Demonstrate your workings if you can... I wont hold my breath.

The source is what it is, the FTSE. You can't spin the numbers of the FTSE they are a matter of public record. How can you say there is no source?
    Most of the buys comes from people outside the UK. Buying cheap FTSE after the pound crashed. So what was £1= $1.50 when early reports were Remain won crashed basically in a couple months to below $1.20. Meaning people could just buy FTSE swiftly and then they could make a small (or large profit) on the backs of the British people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The crazy thing is how the EU held all the leverage at the start but now is losing momentum because they are letting the negotiations drag on due to petty reasons.
    The amount of time between the invoking of article 50 and when the exit happens from that point is something mandated in the same treaty article 50 is part of.

The EU is giving the UK the same amount of time it was previously agreed upon that such would have. We're not quite at a point where the EU can be accused of letting the negotiations "drag on due to petty reasons" quite yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    No of course not, Holland is amongst the very few who do well more out of proximity to the wealth of Germany than thanks to the EU though.

But for the purposes of this discussion and the direction that I and many Brexiteers wish for the EU it is good in this debate when a crazy German EU fanatic like Slanty comes out and says de Germans are de best, de Germans rulez with charts displayed and everything. We should explore why and how that has come to pass questioning who exactly does the EU serve? It's definitely not the Greeks...

What tends to happen with just a little prod or poke in the right place, out pours his arrogant nationalistic fascist side showing his true colours for all EU people to see. And yet I am the one he calls the fascist....lolz
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Your wish is my command.

I'd like to thank everyone that voted for Brexit and chose to make us all in the UK so much more wealthy. And thank you to the EU for being such dicks, without your incompetence and stupidity it would never have happened.

Not long now until the UK celebrates its emancipation from the EU, watch how high the FTSE soars then. Tick tock.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/no-d...18-8?r=UK&IR=T

Probably best if you link the article you sourced that image from -

A 10% fall in the pound, a surging FTSE 100, and a drastic move from the Bank of England: here's how markets will react to a no-deal Brexit

A no-deal Brexit is rising in likelihood as the UK's March 2019 deadline approaches.
    No deal would be hugely disruptive for financial markets.
    It would likely send the British pound plummeting, UK stocks surging, and force the Bank of England into drastic action.
    That's just the headline and the Business Insider subhead bullets. Your own article you're sourcing doesn't paint the rosy picture you believe it does.

Let's talk about how the EU holds back the UK economy by preventing it from doing trade deals with over 90% of the worlds economy.

Facts are facts, you can't escape them eurochums.
    https://twitter.com/Facts4euOrg/stat...73190769500160

"Pro-Brexit Facts4EU.org" - what a reputable sounding organization that in no way, shape, or form is inherently biased in one direction or another!

Edit: Good lord, was that site created in 1994? I feel like I've stepped back in time going to it.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2018-08-27 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Stock Market =/= economy.

Nice try Dribs.
    Sorry, American here, not familiar with UK or EU stocks. Is ownership of said stocks mostly owned by the richest people, as it is in the states? Also, is there a fair amount of foreign stock ownership, as in the states? And also, how do you feel about leading questions?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

All data are between june 24th 2016, just after the brexit vote, and august 24th 2018.

FTSE +23.44%
    DAX +29.69%
    CAC 40 +32.28%

It seems that UK economy is lagging behind, contrary to what Dribbles seems to believe. Which is understandable. Big investors are on a "wait and see" mode, until brexit incertitude is lifted.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2018-08-27 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Sorry, American here, not familiar with UK or EU stocks. Is ownership of said stocks mostly owned by the richest people, as it is in the states? Also, is there a fair amount of foreign stock ownership, as in the states? And also, how do you feel about leading questions?
    Stocks in the UK work pretty much the same as they do in the US.

No of course not, Holland is amongst the very few who do well more out of proximity to the wealth of Germany than thanks to the EU though.

But for the purposes of this discussion and the direction that I and many Brexiteers wish for the EU it is good in this debate when a crazy German EU fanatic like Slanty comes out and says de Germans are de best, de Germans rulez with charts displayed and everything. We should explore why and how that has come to pass questioning who exactly does the EU serve? It's definitely not the Greeks...

What tends to happen with just a little prod or poke in the right place, out pours his arrogant nationalistic fascist side showing his true colours for all EU people to see. And yet I am the one he calls the fascist....lolz
    Says the fascistic brit himself. Dont be a hypocrite.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Do Americans have private pension provision? In the UK anyone outside of working for the government, the majority, will have a private pension invested in the UK stockmarket. I would have thought that would be the case in the US too?

It is fair to say, because of the Brexit vote, all workers in the private sector, the majority, will have seen a very nice boost to their pensions. On top of this many have stocks and shares ISAs which again have seen a big rise in value - tax free too! Watch their values soar even more 6 months from now, a very likely scenario all due to the Brexit dividend that remainers would have you believe doesn't exist.

Time and time again facts have proved them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    All data are between june 24th 2016, just after the brexit vote, and august 24th 2018.

FTSE +23.44%
    DAX +29.69%
    CAC 40 +32.28%

It seems that UK economy is lagging behind, contrary to what Dribbles seems to believe. Which is understandable. Big investors are on a "wait and see" mode, until brexit incertitude is lifted.
    Convenient you link the engines of the EU, France and Germany. How has the Spanish stockmarket fared over the same time period?
    Last edited by dribbles; 2018-08-27 at 05:24 PM.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Convenient you link the engines of the EU, France and Germany. How has the Spanish stockmarket fared over the same time period?
    well i figure comparing the 3 leading economies of the EU is more relevant. It does seem like the thing to do, no? You did throw a graph and a number yourself without any element of comparison, which in my mind make any number useless.

7+ Year Old Account
    well i figure comparing the 3 leading economies of the EU is more relevant. It does seem like the thing to do, no?
    Perhaps from the EU side yes you would only concentrate on good publicity from the best performers. Why doesn't any one want to talk about how the EU has affected Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece. Sweep it under the carpet and pretend their problems don't exist?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps from the EU side yes you would only concentrate on good publicity from the best performers. Why doesn't any one want to talk about how the EU has affected Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece. Sweep it under the carpet and pretend their problems don't exist?
    You misunderstand me. I don't care about good or bad publicity. I am genuinely interested in accurate comparison.

It's no mystery that i think Brexit was a mistake, economically speaking, but i am not stubborn and am willing to be convinced otherwise, it's just that i haven't really seen anything convincing yet.

Beside, i don't really care that much, i am neither british nor do i live in britain, but i am just genuinely interested in how the whole thing going to end up. And yes, UK economy is slowing down, and i do believe the incertitude of brexit is a major cause.

The crazy thing is how the EU held all the leverage at the start but now is losing momentum because they are letting the negotiations drag on due to petty reasons.
    You seem very confused.

The EU still holds all the leverage.
    It does not "lose momentum" either, because there is no reason for it to move from its spot.
    It is the UK that wants to move, and they do not know where they want to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but Germany is making Greece situation worse. Germany is basically a parasite off of all the other EU countries. That is why the fear with the PIGS bailing the EU is very real.
    Another post where you demonstrate an absolute disconnect from reality, are you an alt account of dribble's?
    Germany was actually one of those countries advocating for a moderate course of action in regards to Greece.
    They only get called out now because they are the biggest, most visible target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's just the headline and the Business Insider subhead bullets. Your own article you're sourcing doesn't paint the rosy picture you believe it does.
    There is a reason why referencing a source on a forum includes a posting a link, and Dribbles knows that, why else would he never include one?

- - - Updated - - -

You misunderstand me. I don't care about good or bad publicity. I am genuinely interested in accurate comparison.
    Then why are you addressing Dribs?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You seem very confused.

The EU still holds all the leverage.
    It does not "lose momentum" either, because there is no reason for it to move from its spot.
    It is the UK that wants to move, and they do not know where they want to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Another post where you demonstrate an absolute disconnect from reality, are you an alt account of dribble's?
    Germany was actually one of those countries advocating for a moderate course of action in regards to Greece.
    They only get called out now because they are the biggest, most visible target.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a reason why referencing a source on a forum includes a posting a link, and Dribbles knows that, why else would he never include one?

- - - Updated - - -

Then why are you addressing Dribs?
    With one eye on those monthly finance payments from impoverished Greeks for their brand new Mercedes owed to, already virtually bust, German banks no doubt...

And from next March with a no deal Brexit trillions of bad EU debt will no longer be underwritten by the City of London and the EU house of cards built on sand comes tumbling down... Oh deary deary me.

With one eye on those monthly finance payments from impoverished Greeks for their brand new Mercedes owed to, already virtually bust, German banks no doubt...

And from next March with a no deal Brexit trillions of bad EU debt will no longer be underwritten by the City of London and the EU house of cards built on sand comes tumbling down... Oh deary deary me.
    Your disconnect with reality is total. I never expected to say this but Dribbles, how old are you even? Your lack of knowledge about Greece, and who is to blame for Greeces Austerity Programs tells me that either you lived under a rock, or your like 17....

For Greece's austerity problems, and here I tend to agree on anti - EU people, thats its harsh but the option otherwise was a complete collapse of many banks (Bank of England etc etc) due to a cascading failure of banks to keep coverage over many of there services, the only thing you could blame the EU for is that they should have taken action far sooner, if you saw Greeces folk sport of tax evasion and corruption you would have expected them to take earlier action, alas however that never happened and heres the result of it: Nasty austerity measures, mostly on greeks on fault.

And you know who wanted extremely harsh austerity measures on the Greeks? wasnt Germans, nor French, nor Austrians, but it was the dutch actually.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your disconnect with reality is total. I never expected to say this but Dribbles, how old are you even? Your lack of knowledge about Greece, and who is to blame for Greeces Austerity Programs tells me that either you lived under a rock, or your like 17....

For Greece's austerity problems, and here I tend to agree on anti - EU people, thats its harsh but the option otherwise was a complete collapse of many banks (Bank of England etc etc) due to a cascading failure of banks to keep coverage over many of there services, the only thing you could blame the EU for is that they should have taken action far sooner, if you saw Greeces folk sport of tax evasion and corruption you would have expected them to take earlier action, alas however that never happened and heres the result of it: Nasty austerity measures, mostly on greeks on fault.

And you know who wanted extremely harsh austerity measures on the Greeks? wasnt Germans, nor French, nor Austrians, but it was the dutch actually.
    The negligent EU, French and German banks threw money at the Greeks that they can never pay back. They can't even pay the interest on these dodgy loans that should never have been made and have destroyed the Greek economy. But as long as a Greek goes hungry rather than a German with a full belly that is OK by the EU fanatics? What a disgustingly horrific system of EU so-called unity that destroys the lives and families of almost half of Greek youth, a third of Spanish and Italian youth. Their futures effectively written off and on the scrap heap. What a relief the civilised British no longer want a part of it, can you wonder why?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-eu-countries/

I thought you eurochums were all in it together, equal in one big happy family? Bollocks.

I could compare the UK with Lithuania, if you think that's more your league...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I could compare the UK with Lithuania, if you think that's more your league...
    Oh of course I bet you would like to do that. Anything to deflect from the reality of who and why the EU benefits Germany above and at the expense of all others.

How about doing the decent thing for once and admitting the EU fucked up royally. Can't bring yourself to do that?

Just as the Greeks forgave you war reparations when your country made a little historical "mistake", twice, how about a little benevolence for your fellow eurochums and being a little less harsh on them? It is not like they have slaughtered millions of innocent people, they just took what appeared to be almost free money from stupid EU banks unwisely offering loans when they shouldn't have. Now they are enslaved to German/EU banks liable for interest payments they can never make to the destruction of their country.

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/ci...t-IMF-eurozone

Have some empathy man, at another point in time you could and would of been them for much much worse than inadvertently maxxing the credit card. Or is it just a one way street? It seems that way doesn't it.