View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by stylthiz View Post
    The EU hasn't done shit to address those concerns and get the hard left on its side. It is suffering from imposing a failed ideological agenda of austerity.
    Ah but there is a reason for this that you keep forgetting exists: The UK is a sovereign state.
    You should really look up what that means because your comment on Greece shows that you do not understand it.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But the EU isn't just France and Germany or is it? For example, by population, the UK leaving the EU is the equivalent of 10 Denmarks leaving, 30 Latvias, over 100 Maltas leaving. Such is the democratic deficit within the EU however each get equality and the same veto...

It may suit you to always bring up France/Germany with regard to EU/UK comparisons but don't forget all the others. I won't let you...
    Again.. you have some slight issue of proportions

This time in the other direction, it is roughly 11.5 Denmarks to a UK

Your idea is to measure countries in Malta's

Fine

Malta is one Malta (436.947 people)
    The UK is ~150 maltas (65.64million people)
    The EU is ~1162 maltas (508 million people) [would that be 1.1 kMalta?]
    When the UK leaves that leaves ~1012 maltas

That is the proportion

Mentioning 3 of the biggest after you leave was lazy of me, i will admit, it made you look more significant than you are even, sorry about that
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2018-10-09 at 01:20 PM.

Wait a minute is dribbles bitching about veto rights now? When in the past he was fanwanking over cameron using it against basically all of the EU stating they want to save steel in Europe?

In a proper mature democracy, as in the UK,
    Hahahahahahahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Seriously guys, this forum would be a better place if everyone just stopped acknowledging Zenkai. It's just demeaning to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Wait a minute is dribbles bitching about veto rights now? When in the past he was fanwanking over cameron using it against basically all of the EU stating they want to save steel in Europe?
    He is quick to turn around and argue against himself when it suits his fabricated reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    He is quick to turn around and argue against himself when it suits his fabricated reality.
    True, when it came to steel he was bitching about the EU not protecting it before being told it was Cameron that vetoed the EU from saving it then he was all for it collapsing at the expense of British workers. It's just fun to point out his contradictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    True, when it came to steel he was bitching about the EU not protecting it before being told it was Cameron that vetoed the EU from saving it then he was all for it collapsing at the expense of British workers. It's just fun to point out his contradictions.
    What you have written is not true. The UK was one of fourteen EU states that opposed punitive tariffs on Chinese steel although Sajid Javid was a signatory on a letter calling from the Commission to make “full and timely use of the full range of EU trade policy instruments to tackle unfair trade, including anti subsidy measures, to ensure a global level playing field.”(https://assets.publishing.service.go...5-feb-2016.pdf).

Nor was this exclusively a Con issue with Peter Mandelson blocking anti-dumping reforms in 2008.

It is also extremely doubtful that the proposals would have saved the steel industry, which had been in serious decline since the 70s, (since Chinese steel exports only account for around 7% of the UK's steel imports and the main bulk coming from EU member states) without intervention from the UK government with regard to green taxes and subsidises (which of are not permitted under EU law).

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    What you have written is not true. The UK was one of fourteen EU states that opposed punitive tariffs on Chinese steel although Sajid Javid was a signatory on a letter calling from the Commission to make “full and timely use of the full range of EU trade policy instruments to tackle unfair trade, including anti subsidy measures, to ensure a global level playing field.”(https://assets.publishing.service.go...5-feb-2016.pdf).

Nor was this exclusively a Con issue with Peter Mandelson blocking anti-dumping reforms in 2008.

It is also extremely doubtful that the proposals would have saved the steel industry, which had been in serious decline since the 70s, (since Chinese steel exports only account for around 7% of the UK's steel imports and the main bulk coming from EU member states) without intervention from the UK government with regard to green taxes and subsidises (which of are not permitted under EU law).
    This appears to show that the UK were the "ringleaders" of the attempt to block it. At least according the organisation responsible for steel production in the EU. But feel free to provide an actual link that supports your view that the UK were just one of a group of countries that were all doing so.

I'd also be interested to see how many of the other countries had significant steel manufacturing that wanted to prevent the chinese dumping, that their governments chose to ignore.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    This appears to show that the UK were the "ringleaders" of the attempt to block it. At least according the organisation responsible for steel production in the EU. But feel free to provide an actual link that supports your view that the UK were just one of a group of countries that were all doing so.

I'd also be interested to see how many of the other countries had significant steel manufacturing that wanted to prevent the chinese dumping, that their governments chose to ignore.
    And? The fact of the matter is that thirteen other countries agreed with the UK and Kallisto's point was a best misleading.

See, this is where your satire falls flat and you make yourself look ridiculous. These comments when you have the DUP driving Brexit strategy are farcical.

Try to be more subtle. This isnt vaudeville.
    Just no. It is not the DUP driving Brexit strategy at all but millions and millions of people like me, the winners in the referendum. All the losers can do now is carp on and on and on and on. As Piers Morgan said today on an unrelated subject but just as apt in this instance, "Why do you live in a country that you loathe?"

GTFO already, backward looking dinosaurs like you have no place in a future renewed Great Britain.
    Britannia waives the rules!

Just no. It is not the DUP driving Brexit strategy at all but millions and millions of people like me, the winners in the referendum. All the losers can do now is carp on and on and on and on. As Piers Morgan said today on an unrelated subject but just as apt in this instance, "Why do you live in a country that you loathe?"

GTFO already, backward looking dinosaurs like you have no place in a future renewed Great Britain.
    The difference between the winning side and the losing side is marginal at best, if said difference exceeded more then 10% I would agree with your viewpoint of the losers, however, the difference is about 4%, too marginal to actually ignore those voters.

And Piers Morgan can go fuck himself... I loathe my own country, but I do not have (like him) the financial possibility to leave it.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

I don't live in a country that I loathe. I like how this country has steadily improved itself in so many ways in my lifetime. What I loathe is the actions of small minded people like you that want to take us backwards. The empire isn't coming back. As part of the EU we can help to shape the future, outside it we will be increasingly marginalised in a world full of powerful nations and entities.

Another post of yours that comes across as genuine, however. Nice to see I can nudge you into dropping your facade once in a while. So we can add "angry man-child" to "totalitarian fascist". We are starting to get a true sense of who you are. The fact you believe that Piers Morgan is worth listening to doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    The difference between the winning side and the losing side is marginal at best, if said difference exceeded more then 10% I would agree with your viewpoint of the losers, however, the difference is about 4%, too marginal to actually ignore those voters.

And Piers Morgan can go fuck himself... I loathe my own country, but I do not have (like him) the financial possibility to leave it.
    There have been many election results that have been even closer than that, 4% while a small number is still a decent enough margin when you consider the historical differences that can occur during an election.

Interesting read. Lots of theoretical chances to move towards a second vote. But there is a hell of lot of supposition around all of them. The survey towards the end was interesting; 59% of people wouldn't be unhappy with remaining in the EU. If that is even close to accurate, that's the kind of data that could lead to a change in the tactics of the Tory government.

Interesting read. Lots of theoretical chances to move towards a second vote. But there is a hell of lot of supposition around all of them. The survey towards the end was interesting; 59% of people wouldn't be unhappy with remaining in the EU. If that is even close to accurate, that's the kind of data that could lead to a change in the tactics of the Tory government.
    That's one way of looking at the polling data (39% happy with remaining, 41% unhappy & 20% unsure or no opinion) but certainly not the conclusion I would come to, if anything I would say that it shows that attitudes towards EU membership have changed very little over the last two years and the same divisions that existed prior to the referendum still exist to this day.

I cannot see the Tories, or any party for that matter, changing their tactics based on this data nor do I see evidence that a 2nd referendum would lead to a different result.

That's one way of looking at the polling data (39% happy with remaining, 41% unhappy & 20% unsure or no opinion) but certainly not the conclusion I would come to, if anything I would say that it shows that attitudes towards EU membership have changed very little over the last two years and the same divisions that existed prior to the referendum still exist to this day.

I cannot see the Tories, or any party for that matter, changing their tactics based on this data nor do I see evidence that a 2nd referendum would lead to a different result.
    Well, you can certainly take that view if you want. Me, I would see that as suggesting that cancelling Brexit entirely wouldn't upset 59% of the electorate. Now if that were to be anything like the case for the Tory voting group, they would see that as a possible way out of the mess they've created.

But I would agree that very few people have moved their position. Which can only suggest that not only were a number of people ignorant about the details of leaving at the time of the vote, they've happily remained ignorant through 2 years of incessant and unparalleled reporting. No mean feat. Or maybe they are still happy to leave despite there being no solution to the Ireland issue and nothing short of a BINO that won't break our JIT manufacturing and Financial sector.

Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Slammed with work -

Yes, that's an excellent piece. Just confirms how deeply the country is divided.

Need to read it again.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Slammed with work -

Yes, that's an excellent piece. Just confirms how deeply the country is divided.

Need to read it again.
    Busy at work Nigel enjoying the fruits of the Brexit dividend? That article is too wishy washy, this might happen or that...

Meanwhile, though as an advocate and supporter of no deal it's not good news for me yet in the interests of fairness, it is good to see the EU bend the knee to the UK for a deal. Too little too late.

Brexit LIVE: EU BACKS DOWN on Irish border issue

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-jeremy-corbyn

I started to get a little worried there eurochums, however the good ole DUP ride to my rescue and threaten to bring down the government in a couple of weeks by voting against the budget.

DUP 'could vote against the Budget' over Brexit deal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45806063

Got to hope now that Theresa doesn't bung Arlene another billion to shut her up and my sweet no deal still all on track!

Tick tock, 170 days more to endure...
    Britannia waives the rules!

I am Murloc!
    huh ? where do you see a back down ?