View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #8601
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Haha, you know I watched 5 minutes of this trio of half pissed kumbaya remainers. All seemed focused around one entitled stupid British expat who abandoned the UK over 30 years ago and was complaining how she didn't get to vote in the referendum. Stupid woman hasn't paid taxes in the UK, lived in the UK for decades and still expects to shape Britains future? IMHO she should be stripped of her UK citizenship and the EU/Spain are welcome to her. Why after all this time hasn't she taken EU/Spanish citizenship?

    The UK owes her nothing. Good riddance. You called Slanty, I answered.
    Oh wow, Dribbles, if we can do the same to those freeloading old british hags in Spain and France id be happy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You posted a nonsense video and I quote.

    Interviewer : "Brexit affects you massively?"
    Interviewee : "OH yes!"

    Stupid bitch hasn't lived in the UK for 30 years, how does it affect her so massively WTF Slanty? You might as well post Benny Hill videos in support of remain. I thought you were more intelligent than that, getting desperate tick tock?
    Cant visit family easily, has to change pounds to euros etc etc, time to start reading up on those consenquences Dribbles.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

  2. #8602
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You posted a nonsense video and I quote.

    Interviewer : "Brexit affects you massively?"
    Interviewee : "OH yes!"

    Stupid bitch hasn't lived in the UK for 30 years, how does it affect her so massively WTF Slanty? You might as well post Benny Hill videos in support of remain. I thought you were more intelligent than that, getting desperate tick tock?
    If you bothered watching the entire video without acting triggered you would have known how it affected her.

  3. #8603
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Oh wow, Dribbles, if we can do the same to those freeloading old british hags in Spain and France id be happy.
    Oh yeah me too, all that wealth flooding back to the UK, hope it doesn't crash the Spanish property market when they all sell how's that doing btw? Can't give property away there now I hear and a lot of salty Germans whose investments have gone to shit . These freeloading old British hags as you put it soon come back to the UK when they have spent all their money on the Costas expecting free NHS treatment, council houses and benefits. I and my children are expected to pay for it? It shouldn't be allowed, they made their beds in the EU/Spain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If you bothered watching the entire video without acting triggered you would have known how it affected her.
    So how did it affect her if it is so important? Not that I care, after 30 years of abandoning the bosom of Mother England taxpayers here owe her nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Oh wow, if anyone needed proof how worthless your opinion is, I think you just provided it.
    Oh wow, if anyone needed a worthless opinion piece video from you (sample size 3/70000000) I provide a more serious equivalent.


  4. #8604
    Scarab Lord Thekri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Posts
    4,567
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Theresa May is still occupied with securing her own PM-ship. now everybody is waiting for her speech at the conservative conference.
    At some point you should probably stop fighting over who gets to be captain and start addressing the fact the ship is sinking...

  5. #8605
    Sinking? sunk already....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Oh yeah me too, all that wealth flooding back to the UK, hope it doesn't crash the Spanish property market when they all sell how's that doing btw? Can't give property away there now I hear and a lot of salty Germans whose investments have gone to shit . These freeloading old British hags as you put it soon come back to the UK when they have spent all their money on the Costas expecting free NHS treatment, council houses and benefits. I and my children are expected to pay for it? It shouldn't be allowed, they made their beds in the EU/Spain.



    So how did it affect her if it is so important? Not that I care, after 30 years of abandoning the bosom of Mother England taxpayers here owe her nothing.
    God forbid that you breed.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

  6. #8606
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    At some point you should probably stop fighting over who gets to be captain and start addressing the fact the ship is sinking...
    We're trying to decide if we want to crash into the rocks or sink in shark-infested waters.

  7. #8607
    Scarab Lord Thekri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Posts
    4,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    We're trying to decide if we want to crash into the rocks or sink in shark-infested waters.
    It is good to have choices!

  8. #8608
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    At some point you should probably stop fighting over who gets to be captain and start addressing the fact the ship is sinking...
    The ship is sunk. The argument is with those who wish to remain wanting to get on the lifeboats while those who want to leave basically wanting to force everyone to be weighed down with lead boots claiming the lifeboats are project fear.

  9. #8609
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    4,922
    "PLEIDIOL WYF I'M GWLAD !" , ok not until 2030

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...mru-adam-price

    UK breaking apart was included in the promising future Theresa M. spoke about lately for sure.

    and Canada+++ deal is on the table, as it always was.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2018-10-05 at 02:05 PM.

  10. #8610
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    "PLEIDIOL WYF I'M GWLAD !" , ok not until 2030

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...mru-adam-price

    UK breaking apart was included in the promising future Theresa M. spoke about lately for sure.

    and Canada+++ deal is on the table, as it always was.
    Indeed it always was. The issue really always has been that Canada +++ does not solve the Irish border issue.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  11. #8611
    I am Murloc! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    5,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Indeed it always was. The issue really always has been that Canada +++ does not solve the Irish border issue.
    To better understand the Irish border issue, this video starring actor Stephen Rea may help. It's actually shot in my home village.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cZe...w&index=4&t=0s


    A hundred years ago, the United Kingdom created the border by ripping my country in two to appease a violent, belligerent minority and then turned a blind eye for fifty years towards the abuses that minority, now a majority who suddenly discovered the value of demcratic majority rule, inflicted upon my great-grandparents and grandparents.

    Fifty years ago yesterday my grandfather attended the civil rights march in Derry where the demonstrators were baton-charged by armed police off the street, the day they say the troubles began.

    https://canvas-story.bbcrewind.co.uk/sites/usatc/

    So if all goes to hell and a no deal scenario results that wrecks the economy for everyone, that all I and others like me on the border shall have is schadenfreude that what Britain did to my country has come full circle with a vengeance. If the British economy implodes, remember, on every level, they did it to themselves.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    "PLEIDIOL WYF I'M GWLAD !" , ok not until 2030

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...mru-adam-price

    UK breaking apart was included in the promising future Theresa M. spoke about lately for sure.

    and Canada+++ deal is on the table, as it always was.
    UK breaking apart sounds excellent. On every level the Union has failed the parts that aren't London. If Brexit hastens the process of Scottish independence and Irish reunification, it'll be worth it.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2018-10-05 at 11:14 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "If you want to be a fair skinned, light haired, blue eyed elf...sorry, the horde is there waiting for you"

    -Game Director Ion Hazzikostas

  12. #8612
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    To better understand the Irish border issue, this video starring actor Stephen Rea may help. It's actually shot in my home village.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cZe...w&index=4&t=0s


    A hundred years ago, the United Kingdom created the border by ripping my country in two to appease a violent, belligerent minority and then turned a blind eye for fifty years towards the abuses that minority, now a majority who suddenly discovered the value of demcratic majority rule, inflicted upon my great-grandparents and grandparents.

    Fifty years ago yesterday my grandfather attended the civil rights march in Derry where the demonstrators were baton-charged by armed police off the street, the day they say the troubles began.

    https://canvas-story.bbcrewind.co.uk/sites/usatc/

    So if all goes to hell and a no deal scenario results that wrecks the economy for everyone, that all I and others like me on the border shall have is schadenfreude that what Britain did to my country has come full circle with a vengeance. If the British economy implodes, remember, on every level, they did it to themselves.
    Honestly, the GFA allows for a referendum at any point. NI suffering from a hard border and the troubles causing Unionists to move away and perhaps a referendum happening and passing would not be a bad thing.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  13. #8613
    The danger I suppose would be that it would sort of reverse the Troubles with a grouping of violent unionists throwing a (literally) bloody tantrum because they and their homes have been removed from the UK against their will. But honestly It would likely be the most stable solution to the whole NI issue, providing there was sufficient popular support.

  14. #8614
    And another week has gone past, the best thing you can say is that it'll bring us closer to the end of this circus.

    A few clear words on May's antics recently:



    Not much to add to that, really.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  15. #8615
    Dreadlord Nigel Tufnel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    And another week has gone past, the best thing you can say is that it'll bring us closer to the end of this circus.

    A few clear words on May's antics recently:
    Oh, c'mon Slant. Your glass is half empty.

    How's about:

    VIENNA (Reuters) - The European Union and Britain will reach a deal on Brexit in November if they do not do so this month, European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker told Austrian newspapers.

    https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-it...-idUKKCN1MG05F

    I guess the question is: in the scenario of Canada+++ being agreed...

    a) Would the UK ratify it?
    b) Would the EU ratify it?

    And the answer, to both questions, is: it's very unlikely!

    The UK: no, e.g., Tory eurosceptics + Labour eurosceptics. GJ Jeremy! He'll be voting with BJ & co. Cunt.

    The EU27: no, e.g., Macron lol. Macron does not understand the economic or cultural drivers of Euroscepticism. In his blind pursuit of internationalism his absolutist style provokes the forces it aims to neutralise. (not me, teh Grauniad)

    You're all as bad as each other.

    So, those on the hard right and hard left will undoubtedly rejoice. And those poor fuckers who actually have something to lose (e.g., aren't insulated by privilege or wealth, aren't retired, aren't unemployed, have jobs, pay taxes, etc.) will either have to pick up the tab or emigrate, commit civil disobedience or go full Michael Douglas.

    Guess which one I gravitate to!



    Tic toc!
    You can't really dust for vomit.

  16. #8616
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Guess which one I gravitate to!
    Tic toc!
    Some character created by the entertainment industry.

    Don't take it personal (or do take it, you do you). Characterizing reality through entertainment is not uncommon anyway, but it is a sign of favoring narratives rather than policy. The next step is for centrists to give a set of extremists an unearned benefit of the doubt.

  17. #8617
    Dreadlord Nigel Tufnel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Some character created by the entertainment industry.

    Don't take it personal (or do take it, you do you). Characterizing reality through entertainment is not uncommon anyway, but it is a sign of favoring narratives rather than policy. The next step is for centrists to give a set of extremists an unearned benefit of the doubt.
    *whispers*

    I wasn't being entirely serious. But carry on.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

  18. #8618
    The EU would ratify a CETA+++. Even if as you say Macron doesn't understand Euroscepticism he does understand the political points scored by the EU continuing to stand united and the rancor he'd earn from the countries that would loose out on a deal he had blocked. The main point here is if May can move from the Chequers nonsense to a workable deal now that the immediate danger to her position has passed.

  19. #8619
    Deleted
    As an European living in Scotland I can't even express how much I hate Theresa May, Brexit is a shit show and a laughing stock for the world. Though, we can't shift the blame on just May, the leave voters were slightly in the majority and are all equally to blame. I also find it very hypocritical that England doesn't want Scotland to have an independence referendum yet wants to leave the EU... I wonder how the Brexit referendum would've gone if people had the chance to vote again now.

    On an unrelated note, Brexit did profit me. I participated in crypto a few years ago and cashed out earlier this year, all that money is in Euro which has risen against the pound. Thank you Brexiteers.

  20. #8620
    Dreadlord Nigel Tufnel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    The main point here is if May can move from the Chequers nonsense to a workable deal now that the immediate danger to her position has passed.
    Hmms. But, I'm not sure where you're going with this.

    Even if they do agree some sort of fudge on NI and forgetting the problems getting it ratified in the EU; this "workable deal" will be rejected by the Tory eurosceptics and Labour.

    Also, in all honesty, I'm completely confused now. How does this UK ratification work?

    Sorry, I've answered my question.

    parliament.uk

    In the UK, the Government has committed to hold a vote on the final deal in Parliament as soon as possible after the negotiations have concluded. This vote will take the form of a resolution in both Houses of Parliament and will cover both the Withdrawal Agreement and the terms for our future relationship. The Government will not implement any parts of the Withdrawal Agreement - for example by using Clause 9 of the European Union (Withdrawal) bill - until after this vote has taken place.

    In addition to this vote, the Constitutional Reform and Governance Act 2010 (CRAG) normally requires the Government to place a copy of any treaty subject to ratification before both Houses of Parliament for a period of at least 21 sitting days, after which the treaty may be ratified unless there is a resolution against this. If the House of Commons resolves against ratification the Government can lay a statement explaining why it considers the treaty should still be ratified and there is then a further 21 sitting days during which the House of Commons may decide whether to resolve again against ratification. The Government is only able to ratify the agreement if the House of Commons does not resolve against the agreement.

    If Parliament supports the resolution to proceed with the Withdrawal Agreement and the terms for our future relationship, the Government will bring forward a Withdrawal Agreement & Implementation Bill to give the Withdrawal Agreement domestic legal effect. The Bill will implement the terms of the Withdrawal Agreement in UK law as well as providing a further opportunity for parliamentary scrutiny. This legislation will be introduced before the UK exits the EU and the substantive provisions will only take effect from the moment of exit. Similarly, we expect any steps taken through secondary legislation to implement any part of the Withdrawal Agreement will only be operational from the moment of exit, though preparatory provisions may be necessary in certain cases.


    Plain English, dudes. Get rid of the double negatives.

    Forgive my gloom, but I don't really see any alternative here, short of a second referendum.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •