View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    It will be the Trumburglar otherwise ?

edit: that's off topic but hey, it's from the Uk:
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...global-affairs
    WTF ?
    Clegg is excellent at feeding young people lies, seems like a perfect fit for Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Clegg is excellent at feeding young people lies, seems like a perfect fit for Facebook.
    I'd *like* to think that if the Lib Dems had had the majority they would have followed through on their campaign pledges. I guess we will never know. Also I like blind optimism :P
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Seriously guys, this forum would be a better place if everyone just stopped acknowledging Zenkai. It's just demeaning to everyone.

Apparently the number of Brits applying for a german passport has increased by 1500% over the last two years. They are taking advantage of a law which allows allows refugees who fled the Nazis - mostly jews - and their descendants to reclaim their German citizenship.

Just think of this: Jews who fled the Nazis are coming back to Germany because of Brexit!!
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Just think of this: Jews who fled the Nazis are coming back to Germany because of Brexit!!
    Considering their lack of a sense of humour. . . good?
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Seriously guys, this forum would be a better place if everyone just stopped acknowledging Zenkai. It's just demeaning to everyone.

Considering their lack of a sense of humour. . . good?
    I'm not quite sure what you are trying to tell/ask me. I just find this fact you quoted from my post funny, that's all.
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Apparently the number of Brits applying for a german passport has increased by 1500% over the last two years. They are taking advantage of a law which allows allows refugees who fled the Nazis - mostly jews - and their descendants to reclaim their German citizenship.

Actually, while it is unfortunate for them, it's a good sign for us.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

How's your "easy" no-deal Brexit looking now then - not very fucking good from where I'm sitting.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Brexophilia: The act of rubbing yourself against dead political ideas for sexual pleasure.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    How's your "easy" no-deal Brexit looking now then - not very fucking good from where I'm sitting.
    on what terms would they trade with UK then ? no trade at all with those ~24 countries without new treaties or is there a minimum fallback ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    on what terms would they trade with UK then ? no trade at all with those ~24 countries without new treaties or is there a minimum fallback ?
    To be fair, while it was expected and somewhat funny, in reality during negotiations you'd go with business as usual and continue trading on previous terms. Of course once negotiations were finished, there could be a partial retroactive implementation.
    The main thing of course is that until those negotiations are done, there is no point even talking about making trade deals so all those vaunted UK trade deals around the world would be delayed by at least a couple more years from even beginning to be negotiated.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

The fallback would be WTO terms. Unless I misunderstand you.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Even then it's not going to be WTO terms that the brexiteers want.

USA
    Russia
    Brazil
    New Zeeland

plus a few others have already said they're not going to allow Britain's wishes with WTO.

Scarab Lord
    there is a dispute over those rules by several countries. WTO rules come in different flavours ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Even then it's not going to be WTO terms that the brexiteers want.

USA
    Russia
    Brazil
    New Zeeland

plus a few others have already said they're not going to allow Britain's wishes with WTO.
    It's not that "they're going to", they have. The news came in yesterday as someone pointed out in another thread. This is going to be painful. Russia and the US poised to exploit the heck out of the UK.

- - - Updated - - -

there is a dispute over those rules by several countries. WTO rules come in different flavours ?
    It doesn't, though. You can look them up online. There's one set of default rules. And that's the one they'll get for now.

It's not that "they're going to", they have. The news came in yesterday as someone pointed out in another thread. This is going to be painful. Russia and the US poised to exploit the heck out of the UK.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't, though. You can look them up online. There's one set of default rules. And that's the one they'll get for now.
    I could be wrong here, but I get the impression that the other members of the WTO still need to agree to you joining before you can follow WTO rules. It won't just happen. And that must include the EU. Which makes the threat to not pay the "divorce bill" even more ridiculous.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Brexophilia: The act of rubbing yourself against dead political ideas for sexual pleasure.

I could be wrong here, but I get the impression that the other members of the WTO still need to agree to you joining before you can follow WTO rules. It won't just happen. And that must include the EU. Which makes the threat to not pay the "divorce bill" even more ridiculous.
    Beyond base rules, the WTO has many different tariff and quota schedules that are negotiated between countries. Most any country in the world would have specific schedules negotiated already with the EU. This is different than bilateral agreements; these negotiations are done in open rounds and any member can dispute them before they are ever formalized (while in a bilateral agreement the disputation process may follow the agreement's enforcement, allowing the agreement to take hold while the dispute is handled). The UK wanted to retain the outcomes of those negotiations done by the EU on its behalf on a historic proportional basis (primarily for quotas). This is what has been disputed by third parties. In practice the UK will still keep those schedules on the short term as a fallback but failing negotiations could mean that certain advantageous agreements on quotas may end removed. More importantly it is unlikely that meaningful headway can be made on any bilateral agreement with a third state while there is a WTO dispute going on; the UK will have to wait for those disputes to be resolved (well not wait, it will have to negotiate through them with their untested new trade negotiating body) before they can move forward with any form of bilateral agreement.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

The UK is in the WTO, they will follow WTO rules and the EU doesn't get to veto that. This is their true fallback. Mind you, it's the shittiest fallback you can have, forcing every WTO member to impose a 10-30% tariff on your goods when you want to export to them, depending on the type of goods. It's always hilarious when the UK goes "but we don't have to put customs on anything!"

Well, no. You don't. But they do. The UK's current position is a sort of anti-protectionism, where they intend to destroy their own economy to protect everyone else's.

Only, they still think that's a win. Boggles the mind, it does...

That would be a would be wrong not a could, you are getting there though, admission by baby steps we get it.

In truth it's Project Fear 2.0 nonsense from cloud cuckoo remainer land. Meanwhile back in the real world reuters reports...

However, the process will not necessarily interfere with the implementation of Brexit, since many WTO members continue to trade under outdated agreements while they agree their new text.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-b...-idUSKCN1MZ28D

About time the EU fixed its outdated non-compliant status with the WTO while we are at it too.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    That would be a would be wrong not a could, you are getting there though, admission by baby steps we get it.

In truth it's Project Fear 2.0 nonsense from cloud cuckoo remainer land. Meanwhile back in the real world reuters reports...

However, the process will not necessarily interfere with the implementation of Brexit, since many WTO members continue to trade under outdated agreements while they agree their new text.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-b...-idUSKCN1MZ28D

About time the EU fixed its outdated non-compliant status with the WTO while we are at it too.
    So you are just going to ignore that we have over 20 countries actively looking to take advantage of us if we leave? All of which will require negotiating expertise THAT WE DON'T HAVE to sort out. At the same time. While we are trying to sort out all the other issues around Brexit as well?

Look, I know your comedy character likes to pretend that he wants a no-deal Brexit. So I guess to stay in character you have to believe in the magic technology that will sort out the Irish border. Does it also believe you believe in magic negotiating powers as well? That we can put on a ring of power and create all the trade deals out of thin air? All of which would be massively in our favour, somehow?

Even as a write this, I wonder why I bother. Your Brexiteer loon character doesn't listen, does he? Just responds with another post of nonsense, linked to an Express article that misrepresents everything. I'm wasting my breath even trying.

So you are just going to ignore that we have over 20 countries actively looking to take advantage of us if we leave? All of which will require negotiating expertise THAT WE DON'T HAVE to sort out. At the same time. While we are trying to sort out all the other issues around Brexit as well?
    And while you rip him a new one, please do mention that the nations blocking this attempt included the USA, New Zealand, Australia and Canada... These are the nations the UK put most of their hopes in for a Brexit scenario. These are the big ones they relied on. The other nations? Probably in line with the UK's current only trade holders, such illustrious names as South Africa, Botswana...

Look, I know your comedy character likes to pretend that he wants a no-deal Brexit. So I guess to stay in character you have to believe in the magic technology that will sort out the Irish border. Does it also believe you believe in magic negotiating powers as well? That we can put on a ring of power and create all the trade deals out of thin air? All of which would be massively in our favour, somehow?

Even as a write this, I wonder why I bother. Your Brexiteer loon character doesn't listen, does he? Just responds with another post of nonsense, linked to an Express article that misrepresents everything. I'm wasting my breath even trying.
    That is the very nature of the Brexit beast though and of course over 20 countries, more like 200, will be trying to curry favour and negotiate with a newly emancipated Brexit Britain.

It was the very reason Brexit was designed.

The kind of Brexit that allows us to have a fair and free democratic budget this Monday for example. The kind of budget that Italy at the minute can only dream of as Brussels have dictated they rewrite their entire budget in favour of France and Germany in the next 3 weeks or else!

You don't have to believe me but believe the Italian deputy PM when he said yesterday :-

“The Franco-German European Union only serves the interests of France and Germany”
    - Matteo Salvini, Deputy Prime Minister & Minister of the Interior, 26 Oct 2018

Why don't you remainers just come out and say it? You want the UK as a vassal of the Franco/German EU don't you?

Well I don't and thankfully nor do the majority.

Please do stop wasting your deceitful project fear 2.0 breath, anyone with sense sees straight through the very trying lies.