View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #9001
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    The third Google hit about 'alien abductions' is how Betty and Barney Hill from the New Hampshire Mountains were snatched in 1961. Finally proof. And, it wasn't that hard to find.



    There never was 'crisis after crisis' as a result of Yen depreciation. It never happened. The claim is about as clueless and absurd as complaining about regular blizzards in Kongo.
    I mean, dude... don't ask for sources if you haven't checked before that there aren't any. Don't get all pissy because I destroyed your argument with a truckload of fact. Make a better argument next time and don't tempt people like me to invest like 2s on Google to debunk what you said. Yeah, 2s. That's all it took me to fulfill your challenge.

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  2. #9002
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Oh yes I fully accept Bob from Bromwich went to Ireland and Carl from Clacton went to Germany, poor miss guided souls, but they in no way mitigate the effects of millions of EU caravan refugees flooding the UK. I'm sure someone in the US today, with the Mexico equivalence, likened it to an invasion....

    Let's hope Bob and Carl are ready to serve in the new EU army as the price they must pay for retained EU citizenship rights.

    Good riddance if you ask me, the UK doesn't take conscripts any more.
    oh dribbles, you never fail to amuse me, keep it going girly.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

  3. #9003
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    8,268
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Oh yes I fully accept Bob from Bromwich went to Ireland and Carl from Clacton went to Germany, poor miss guided souls, but they in no way mitigate the effects of millions of EU caravan refugees flooding the UK. I'm sure someone in the US today, with the Mexico equivalence, likened it to an invasion....
    This may surprise you, but the UK office for national statistics actually record and publish the figures for migration to the UK from EU/non-EU sources, and also migration from the UK.

    I.E in 2015 ~178,000 EU workers migrated to the UK (that's the amount in, there were also 85,000 EU citizens leaving the UK in that year). During this same period 123,000 British citizens migrated from the UK.

  4. #9004
    Just to keep this relevant and uptodate...

    We're still looking at a solution to the Irish problem by mid-November. The Irish Premier doesn't think it likely, but says an agreement early December would still be possible.

    In other news, a Scottish court had been tasked by Remainers to determine whether or not the UK can withdraw from Art. 50 unilaterally. This has been bumped up to the EU courts and they're now officially figuring that one out. I know we've discussed this in this thread, so I thought this would be interesting for some.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  5. #9005
    Weber likely to win as president of the Commission is kind of scary. The man is beyond competent but also reportedly impossible to work with.

    As for the new deal being discussed I am very wary. We haven't seen anything yet about it.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  6. #9006
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    16,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Weber likely to win as president of the Commission is kind of scary. The man is beyond competent but also reportedly impossible to work with.

    As for the new deal being discussed I am very wary. We haven't seen anything yet about it.
    Would have rather had to other guy myself but he's buddies with everyone so he was expected to win. Sadly going to be another centrist with no real influence to push things forward and too occupied with keeping everyone happy.

  7. #9007
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Would have rather had to other guy myself but he's buddies with everyone so he was expected to win. Sadly going to be another centrist with no real influence to push things forward and too occupied with keeping everyone happy.
    We will have a competent man at the EC's helm for a change.
    I'd be more worried about Romania's upcoming presidency of the Council

  8. #9008
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    We will have a competent man at the EC's helm for a change.
    I'd be more worried about Romania's upcoming presidency of the Council
    We already had a competent man at the EC's helm. Weber was at the helm, Juncker was just the politician at the front.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  9. #9009
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    16,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    We will have a competent man at the EC's helm for a change.
    I'd be more worried about Romania's upcoming presidency of the Council
    Competent or not, we'll have a person that at one side votes in favour of sanctions against Orban but at the same time goes and help him campaign. I don't trust fence sitters.

  10. #9010
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Jackdaws View Post
    The Tories already came out a few times this year and said the migration numbers probably won't change much with Brexit, because they need the workforce....

    So no clue what you mean... Politicians won't stop the immigrants businesses need to make money.
    The numbers may not change but the overall quality will. EU supermarket car washers will be rejected (we don't really need any more of them) in favour of highly skilled curry chefs from Bangladesh who we do. Yummmeee for me. I just wonder what hidden agenda the remainers and europhiles have that they don't seem to like this. Is it cos dem curry chefs are brown? Seems a bit selfishly racist to me to not have a level immigration playing field for all... EU immigrants are special because in the main they are white? Those days are long gone thankfully, well at least in the UK if not the EU.

    Oh well there is still no deal forthcoming as far as I can see.

    If the EU want a backstop to the Irish border time is running out for them to make the necessary concessions to the UK. Otherwise in 141 days the UK leaves and the EU will have nothing and no backstop whatsoever. Do they want a backstop or don't they? And what price are the EU willing to pay for this cherry picking?

    Tick Tock.

  11. #9011
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The numbers may not change but the overall quality will. EU supermarket car washers will be rejected (we don't really need any more of them) in favour of highly skilled curry chefs from Bangladesh who we do. Yummmeee for me. I just wonder what hidden agenda the remainers and europhiles have that they don't seem to like this. Is it cos dem curry chefs are brown? Seems a bit selfishly racist to me to not have a level immigration playing field for all... EU immigrants are special because in the main they are white? Those days are long gone thankfully, well at least in the UK if not the EU.

    Oh well there is still no deal forthcoming as far as I can see.

    If the EU want a backstop to the Irish border time is running out for them to make the necessary concessions to the UK. Otherwise in 141 days the UK leaves and the EU will have nothing and no backstop whatsoever. Do they want a backstop or don't they? And what price are the EU willing to pay for this cherry picking?

    Tick Tock.
    At least the last few days have made it a lot clearer why you've hitched your wagon to the Brexit cause. Because none of the whole crowd of them have the vaguest idea what the fuck they're doing. They didn't realise the implications, they didn't understand the complexities, they ignored the negative ramifications. And pretty much every post you've written from minute one proves that your ignorance is right up there with your glorious leaders.

    Keep tellling us that the EU are going to blink. Keep telling us we are going to end up with a no-deal scenario. Tick, fucking, tock as much as you like. You are still going to be wrong at the end of this, and history will look back at you and your crowd and laugh. I just hope you will have the stones to come back to this forum when it happens and hold your hand up to it.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Brexophilia: The act of rubbing yourself against dead political ideas for sexual pleasure.

  12. #9012
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    At least the last few days have made it a lot clearer why you've hitched your wagon to the Brexit cause. Because none of the whole crowd of them have the vaguest idea what the fuck they're doing. They didn't realise the implications, they didn't understand the complexities, they ignored the negative ramifications. And pretty much every post you've written from minute one proves that your ignorance is right up there with your glorious leaders.

    Keep tellling us that the EU are going to blink. Keep telling us we are going to end up with a no-deal scenario. Tick, fucking, tock as much as you like. You are still going to be wrong at the end of this, and history will look back at you and your crowd and laugh. I just hope you will have the stones to come back to this forum when it happens and hold your hand up to it.
    Oh I'm not saying they will blink, I hope they don't to enable that sweet no deal. The EU have boxed themselves into a corner. Either they humiliatingly bend the knee to the UK in order to achieve the cherished backstop or they don't and get nothing.

    I still think the tolerant open minded brexiteers will win the day over the white supremist EU fanatic remainers.

    Not long to go until we find out now, so yeah tickety fucking tock as you say.

  13. #9013
    Ah, here's the article finally...

    https://www.businessinsider.de/there...8-11?r=UK&IR=T

    The amusing bit is that May tried to prevent this court decision. It's like someone has a security rope attached to the UK just before jumping off the cliff, but May stubbornly wants to sever it. Because... less options are good for the nation, I suppose?

    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46142188

    And the true extent of Brexit competence is displayed by Dominic Raab. What's he doing again? Brexit minister? Good thing someone told him about Dover-Calais. What an embarassment it would've been if he hadn't known that bit...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  14. #9014
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    What does Greece have to offer that I would want to buy? Apart from food. Or Spain? And the only italian products that I'd like to buy are too expensive for me and probably have more horsepower than would be good for my driving temperament. It's not all economics, mate. It is a big chunk of it, but a good portion is also people being entitled to handouts without actually doing anything themselves. The EU isn't a welfare union. People have to start understanding how it works, otherwise they'll be in a shithole. I'm fairly certain we'll not bail out another country like Greece. The next one that decides to test the water will probably be let lose. There is no political will at all to try this a second time.
    Again, you are an ignorant, and you are prooving it once again. The italian economy is far more bigger than what you think. Their manufactoring sector is second only to germany in europe. FAR FAR bigger than you're holland-sweden friends. They sell a lot of stuff in naval, engeenering, manufactoring section. It was one of the strongest economy in the world before....guess what? The Eu. Or maybe you are going to think Italy went into G8 by the german credit card? Ahahaha pathetic as usual, typical.

  15. #9015
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgarw View Post
    Again, you are an ignorant, and you are prooving it once again. The italian economy is far more bigger than what you think. Their manufactoring sector is second only to germany in europe. FAR FAR bigger than you're holland-sweden friends. They sell a lot of stuff in naval, engeenering, manufactoring section. It was one of the strongest economy in the world before....guess what? The Eu. Or maybe you are going to think Italy went into G8 by the german credit card? Ahahaha pathetic as usual, typical.
    Okay, clearly you haven't read what I said. Lots of wasted time on your part. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  16. #9016
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgarw View Post
    Again, you are an ignorant, and you are prooving it once again. The italian economy is far more bigger than what you think. Their manufactoring sector is second only to germany in europe. FAR FAR bigger than you're holland-sweden friends. They sell a lot of stuff in naval, engeenering, manufactoring section. It was one of the strongest economy in the world before....guess what? The Eu. Or maybe you are going to think Italy went into G8 by the german credit card? Ahahaha pathetic as usual, typical.
    The Euro. Not the EU. That is kind of the important point here. Italy was in the EU for most of its tenure as one of the strongest economies in the world. Heck, it was a founding member.
    Italy's biggest issue was joining the Euro out of political motivation, when economically, it would have made sense not to.

  17. #9017
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46142188

    And the true extent of Brexit competence is displayed by Dominic Raab. What's he doing again? Brexit minister? Good thing someone told him about Dover-Calais. What an embarassment it would've been if he hadn't known that bit...
    This legitimately makes me miss David Davis in the position and that in itself worries me even more

  18. #9018
    I wonder if they'll be able to drag their feet for long enough that they'll setup a re-vote. "Hard-Brexit" or "Stay in EU" (if they can even do that now lol according to the EU)

    Hard-Brexit looks like a disaster for the UK.
    Last edited by therayeffect; 2018-11-10 at 02:42 AM.

  19. #9019
    Well... the court trial will be happening on November 27th, apparently. A professor of law in Germany has written a few lines about this. And he points out that its expected result would be the finding that the UK cannot unilaterally withdraw from Art. 50. The main argument would be that time extensions that require a unanimous decision would be undermined if the UK could simply withdraw and then resubmit Article 50 whenever it suits them.

    It doesn't take much imagination to consider that a unanimous decision of the EU would not happen. Apart from smaller countries using it as a lever to blackmail for something, you'd have a lot of oppositions in every member state that would raise a lot of clamor about the lack of action from their Governments if they tolerate Britain deciding this on its own. The political will is not negligible in this matter.

    While I think a withdrawal would be the simplest solution, overall, I doubt it's the smartest solution.

    German source for this stuff: https://www.lto.de/recht/hintergruen...ttserklaerung/
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  20. #9020
    So Boris Johnson's own brother quit the cabinate and demanded a people's vote

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46155403

    Seems like only Boris is the one without brains in the family. Their sister quit the party and joined Lib Dems due to the fiasco over Brexit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •