View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #9001
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Dude, you sound a bit tench.
    Salmon had to say it.

  2. #9002
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    17,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Unfortunately that seems to be a widely held opinion in this thread.
    Tends to happen when the brexiteer following has yet to produce any actual good argument of what they'll gain from it, how it actually will be done, how it actually will look like, in a way that's realistic. Generally voted on in favour of it based on falsehoods a simple good search would have questioned their believes, while do spending time questioning the opposition but not their own side like good little sheep.

    Hardly traits or examples of intelligent human behaviour. If you had to gamble on how well informed they are i'm fairly certain the odds would be highly in your favour if you went for "not all that much".

  3. #9003
    Dreadlord Nigel Tufnel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Posts
    839
    Pann, you are provoking me. Soon, you will feel my full wrasse.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

  4. #9004
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Pann, you are provoking me. Soon, you will feel my full wrasse.
    Oh for gods hake! Not another fish pun Nigel!

  5. #9005
    Well the quality of this thread has increased exponentially since we dropped the politics and made it about fish puns. So that's good. I mean fish. Fuck no that's not a pun. Errrrrrm. Fish? Shit fuck no. Get back to me.

  6. #9006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Well the quality of this thread has exponentially since we dropped the politics and made it about fish puns. So that's good. I mean fish. Fuck no that's not a pun. Errrrrrm. Fish? Shit fuck no. Get back to me.
    Hmm, cod do better! Embrace the fishy puns and any-fin is possible!

  7. #9007
    Dreadlord Nigel Tufnel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Well the quality of this thread has increased exponentially since we dropped the politics and made it about fish puns. So that's good. I mean fish. Fuck no that's not a pun. Errrrrrm. Fish? Shit fuck no. Get back to me.
    Oh, c'mon. We're just having a friendly debait.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

  8. #9008
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Oh, c'mon. We're just having a friendly debait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Hmm, cod do better! Embrace the fishy puns and any-fin is possible!
    I hake it back. This thread is a load of old pollocks.

  9. #9009
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I hake it back. This thread is a load of old pollocks.
    Stop! You're krilling me!

  10. #9010
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Stop! You're krilling me!
    Sorry don't expect much after that. I just beluga my load.

  11. #9011
    Dreadlord Nigel Tufnel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Sorry don't expect much after that. I just beluga my load.
    You are shoaling much potential.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

  12. #9012
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Sorry don't expect much after that. I just beluga my load.
    Ew! I turtlely didn't want to know about your load!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    You are shoaling much potential.
    He's been well schooled.

  13. #9013
    Dreadlord Nigel Tufnel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Ew! I turtlely didn't want to know about your load!
    Stop being koi. I've just about haddock with your puns.

    Anyway, if we don't stop carping on, we'll be in trouble.

    Good night!
    You can't really dust for vomit.

  14. #9014
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Stop being koi. I've just about haddock with your puns.

    Anyway, if we don't stop carping on, we'll be in trouble.

    Good night!
    Gill-ty as charged!

    Good night and thanks for the laugh.

  15. #9015
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Stop being koi. I've just about haddock with your puns.

    Anyway, if we don't stop carping on, we'll be in trouble.

    Good night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Gill-ty as charged!

    Good night.
    I Echo your sentiments. I think it's about time we reel it in.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2018-11-21 at 11:38 PM. Reason: 90's gaming punes.

  16. #9016
    I go away for an hour and this place is more fishy than my local fishmonger. Not sure to be suspicious or impressed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    What makes you say that UK fishermen only care about fishing until stocks are depleted? That sounds like one, of the many, things you've just made up.

    How are they obsolete? And what jobs do you suggest that the unemployed fishermen take up?
    Because they outright refuse to educate themselves into better markets and that the only logical follow up to that is that they do not care. They would rather stick to a job there are simply too many people for instead of sitting in front of a computer for a couple hours a day, getting an education in something that will work for the 21st century and making more money.

    Plus you just need to talk to them and they basically cry about not being able to get more fish because "quotas." if they have more than 2 braincells then they know why the quotas are there and how they are too high anyway.

    So they are either stupid because they don't want quotas or stupid because they won't educate themselves into a different area.

  17. #9017
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    What is this crazyness you have about experts in the field making laws and codes about the subject it's being written on.

    That's heresy I say HERESY!
    We are working hard on the trope of being the most boring country on the planet. It's better than having the entire planet bear down on you just because you wanted to expand a little... :P

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Unfortunately that seems to be a widely held opinion in this thread.
    Well, you have to admit... Brexiteers aren't the brightest lights in the chandelier. Ignoring experts, because they're experts... sorry, at some point being polite about it doesn't quite cut it anymore. That's just plain stupid.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  18. #9018
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Because they outright refuse to educate themselves into better markets and that the only logical follow up to that is that they do not care. They would rather stick to a job there are simply too many people for instead of sitting in front of a computer for a couple hours a day, getting an education in something that will work for the 21st century and making more money.

    Plus you just need to talk to them and they basically cry about not being able to get more fish because "quotas." if they have more than 2 braincells then they know why the quotas are there and how they are too high anyway.

    So they are either stupid because they don't want quotas or stupid because they won't educate themselves into a different area.
    There is quite literally nothing in your post that is factual or accurate.

  19. #9019
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Regarding quotas, the UK fishermen can still avoid depleting the local supply if no one else is allowed within British waters and significantly increase their fishing; they'll just have to obey a new but much higher cap on volume since currently quotas for the local supply are apportioned to many countries, not just the UK.
    Yes, it could work, if someone came up with a way to impose border controls on fish and prevent illegal migration, but then... that would make them go extinct.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    There is quite literally nothing in your post that is factual or accurate.
    What a well sourced and reasoned riposte.
    I'm sure everyone is convinced now!

  20. #9020
    Ah... the plot thickens!

    Apparently May is putting Brexit as a whole to disposition if Parliament doesn't agree to the proposed agreement. She remains a Remainer at heart. Now all the UK has to do is shoot down the idiotic agreement in Parliament and we can cancel the whole shitshow and go back to business as usual. Thanks for playing... it's been wonderful.

    Tick, tock, Dribs. Tick fucking tock.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •