View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Closest we have is Pann who I don't think is an actual Brexiteer but is happy to make the argument for whatever reason.
    I am against the tremendous amount of misinformation, lies, nation bashing and bullying that is posted in this thread this does not mean that I in any way support Brexit.

I think I've actually worked out the perfect resolution to the border issue with Ireland

If we just invade and conquer it and declare it a new part of the UK instead, it basically solves all of our problems. (admittedly it might create a few new ones..)

They even refused to join NATO, citing "neutrality" (as they knew we'd bail them out if needed) so they'd be completely fucked.

No Hard Border needed! BOOM!
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I am against the tremendous amount of misinformation, lies, nation bashing and bullying that is posted in this thread this does not mean that I in any way support Brexit.
    It seems to me you're only against nation bashing if the perceived target is the UK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I think I've actually worked out the perfect resolution to the border issue with Ireland

If we just invade and conquer it and declare it a new part of the UK instead, it basically solves all of our problems. (admittedly it might create a few new ones..)

They even refused to join NATO, citing "neutrality" (as they knew we'd bail them out if needed) so they'd be completely fucked.

No Hard Border needed! BOOM!
    Article 42 of the Lisbon treaty disagrees with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    It seems to me you're only against nation bashing if the perceived target is the UK.

- - - Updated - - -

Article 42 of the Lisbon treaty disagrees with you.
    Damn, I knew there was SOME flaw with my plan..
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Damn, I knew there was SOME flaw with my plan..
    The thing is, this actually made rounds in this thread. So I just wanted to remind some people that there are already treaties dealing with just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    while a referendum would be great for Remainers and if it goes Remain would be great for the economy, is it good for UK society? Because while I would expect Remain to win, it would win with a minor margin, maybe somewhat less slim than Leave but still minor. Your society will be even more divided. If there was a clear mandate in polls that Remain would win (e.g. 66%+) then yeah, overturn it. But if the country is still divided in half, then socially you are fucked from the moment Cameron gave people this referendum.
    That's why you set up a second referendum the way the first should have been set up: 60%+ required to win with 60%+ turnout required (numbers can be tweaked at desired). If neither option gets that, then you re-run it again in e.g. 10 years time and continue like that until the issue is actually settled.

Massive societal changes like leaving the EU shouldn't be allowed to squeak past with tiny margins of victory. Cameron was an idiot for not safeguarding against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    It does? Really? I suggest you either link some evidence for your accusation or apologise!

I fully agree I just think that the division is real and will not be fixed and this is going to be a mess that UK society will carry decades away from now.
    I'd honestly say that's unlikely, as far as social division goes.

The younger generations are overwhelmingly pro-EU. In a few decades time today's leavers will almost certainly be in the minority, purely because of demographics changes.

Also worth noting that only a low 30% actually want to leave, factoring in participation. That means about 2/3rds of the country either don't care about leaving, or don't want to. The country is not as divided as the media like to pretend, and once the boomers and friends start dying in droves there should be a sharp correction towards Remain.
    Last edited by Drutt; 2018-11-23 at 04:19 PM.

It does? Really? I suggest you either link some evidence for your accusation or apologise!
    Oh, so you just happen to overlook Dribs drivels? How convenient...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Overlook?
    People are actually bullying that poster.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Whatever Dribbles posts is solely Dribbles' responsibility and nothing to do with me or anyone else in this thread. I suggest that if you find Dribbles', or anyone else's, posts to be nation bashing then you bring this to attention of the moderators.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Overlook?
    Are you suggesting that certain people do not line up to insult Dribbles whenever he posts?

Overlook?
    Oh yes, because he's the victim... rofl
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    Are you suggesting that certain people do not line up to insult Dribbles whenever he posts?
    What response Dribbles gets is of no concern to me. They post for sock reaction, and they get it: everyone is happy.
    What I am suggesting is that you seem to regularly operate like a concern troll would.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Whatever Dribbles posts is solely Dribbles' responsibility and nothing to do with me or anyone else in this thread. I suggest that if you find Dribbles', or anyone else's, posts to be nation bashing then you bring this to attention of the moderators.
    How about you follow your own advice and take it up with the mods instead of whinging about nation bashing here then?

How on Earth are you meant to talk about Brexit in any capacity without bashing the UK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

What response Dribbles gets is of no concern to me. They post for sock reaction, and they get it: everyone is happy.
    What I am suggesting is that you seem to regularly operate like a concern troll would.
    Dribbles is not without blame however I find it tiresome reading through the constant replies, from people who are in many cases less informed than Dribbles, that don't even attempt to address what he has written in favour of throwing insults his way. Play the ball not the man. If people tried to address Dribbles' points or ignored him if they are unable to so the quality of this thread would be much higher.

If you find my mentioning this twice to be concern trolling then so be it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    How on Earth are you meant to talk about Brexit in any capacity without bashing the UK?
    Oh, I dunno. I suppose not stating that you want the people of the UK to suffer or be victims of terrorism would be a start.

Dribbles is not without blame however I find it tiresome reading through the constant replies, from people who are in many cases less informed than Dribbles, that don't even attempt to address what he has written in favour of throwing insults his way. Play the ball not the man. If people tried to address Dribbles' points or ignored him if they are unable to so the quality of this thread would be much higher.

He has no points, that's the problem. We've done the whole "pick his source and prove him wrong only with his source" challenge for... oh, 100 pages or so before it got boring. What he does is spit out a fantasy from his head, google shit and link the first hit Google provides.

Deleted
    If people tried to address Dribbles' points or ignored him if they are unable to so the quality of this thread would be much higher.
    Show the thread the path and address them yourself like the nominal remainer that you are.

I pointed out the pattern of behaviour before. We could compile a list or something, but:
    -I'm not that petty.
    -I don't think there's any use to it.
    -Ultimately, it's an issue of perception: it seems that way. You don't take measures to be perceived as anything but, and that's fine with me.

I think I at least try to, but ultimately you cannot ignore some very unflattering facts; the extreme presence of the yellow press, the amateurish work by the political class and the fact that we have dribbles here who when pushed pretty much always ends up threatening war.
    Yeah I mean, I'm from the UK and I'd find it hard to stay in reality and not bash us, c'est la vie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, because he's the victim... rofl
    Of course I am the victim, persecuted by the EU and constantly bashed by my beloved eurochums on here. It's only a deep sense of public service that keeps me going. I just accept that when people have lost the debate all that is left is to attack the messenger.

Back on topic we are where we are and that is exactly here....

Under both EU law and the UK's Withdrawal Act, Brexit day is chiselled into the diary for 11pm on 29 March, 2019.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46320368

Even the BBC are using the word chiselled as the clock ticks by to an out of negotiating time default no deal.

Don't be beating me up too much for bringing you the facts eurochums, you never know I just might quite like it!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"