View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But national governments legislate under instruction of EU policy, imposing levels of taxation and regulation as a result of this.

The amount of tax and regulation you personally, more importantly businesses, are subject to directly affects how competitive and what the growth of enterprise is.

The EU could choose to encourage or it could stifle an economy, unfortunately it always chooses the latter. That is why the EU is so scared of an unfettered Britain just off its shores and seeks to constrain its competitive ability by binding it ad infinitum to EU rules.

I'll just drop this in here as proof.

Despite Brexit! Were any economists predicting that at the time of the referendum? Were they hell.
    Again, those differences are less than seasonal fluctuations. Your picture proves very, very little indeed. Shite propaganda is still shite.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Again, those differences are less than seasonal fluctuations. Your picture proves very, very little indeed. Shite propaganda is still shite.
    It's just fascinating to read his posts. In one post he argues that the EU stifles growth and the UK is doing great just because of brexit, which hasn't happened yet, to then say that despite everything the UK was not stifled by the EU, and apparently the EU isn't even trying to but they are trying to chain the UK to abide EUs rules forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

A bunch of times actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

How is factual reporting of figures propaganda? It is quite fair to say that Germany might be in recession by the end of the year and if Germany is in recession you might as well say the EU is in recession. And soon without the safety net of British charity subsidies to offset it. You could also summarise, if that is the case, that the EU economy is about to fall off a cliff without a UK parachute to save it.

A lucky escape we have had indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    It's just fascinating to read his posts. In one post he argues that the EU stifles growth and the UK is doing great just because of brexit, which hasn't happened yet, to then say that despite everything the UK was not stifled by the EU, and apparently the EU isn't even trying to but they are trying to chain the UK to abide EUs rules forever.
    The UK, as far as it can, tries to filter as many EU rules away as possible to enable industry. Other nations embrace them all down to the finest minutiae and stifle enterprise as a result. It isn't that hard to understand post Brexit, as long as we don't get Mays deal, how the UK economy can fly set free of this burden.

The UK, as far as it can, tries to filter as many EU rules away as possible to enable industry. Other nations embrace them all down to the finest minutiae and stifle enterprise as a result. It isn't that hard to understand post Brexit, as long as we don't get Mays deal, how the UK economy can fly set free of this burden.
    Sure, I've yet to see how since you weren't able/willing to provide examples but I'm positive the UK post Brexit will fly!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

A bunch of times actually.

So there's going to be a debate most likely and labour for some reason think they can get a better deal because a single european prime minister said there might be a chance for that, what they won't find a majority for between two parties.

And everyone who wants brexit that isn't potentially devastating is considered undemocratic since it doesn't match the fringe movement wishes of a brexit what seems to be build of nostalgia and smoke screens, essentially banking on the idea the EU isn't as insane and wants to prevent social bloodbaths due to an economic shock, unwilling to accept that the EU has been preparing for a no deal scenario for quite some time, unlike the UK who have yet to reach any consensus of how the brexit should look like, while at the same time dismissing all 'experts' and trading them in for populist politicians, who most likely all come from money or have money and so are able to withstand the economic train wreck better, and i suppose being in denial does make people sleep better.

Maybe all of this is some sort of long term plan to go back to the era of lords and servants, although i probably give the average brexiteer far too much credit in the headspace department when saying that.

But national governments legislate under instruction of EU policy, imposing levels of taxation and regulation as a result of this.

The amount of tax and regulation you personally, more importantly businesses, are subject to directly affects how competitive and what the growth of enterprise is.

The EU could choose to encourage or it could stifle an economy, unfortunately it always chooses the latter. That is why the EU is so scared of an unfettered Britain just off its shores and seeks to constrain its competitive ability by binding it ad infinitum to EU rules.

I'll just drop this in here as proof.

Despite Brexit! Were any economists predicting that at the time of the referendum? Were they hell.
    Dribs if you stretch the y-axis even more it will look so much more impressive! Also you keep telling us tick tock so that means you must be watching the time until Brexit actually happens yes?
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Dribs if you stretch the y-axis even more it will look so much more impressive! Also you keep telling us tick tock so that means you must be watching the time until Brexit actually happens yes?
    I wouldn't want to be accused of exaggerating though, I mean its bad enough from an EU perspective already? But then again some wise sages have said in the past Brexit would hurt the EU more than it would the UK!

And oh yes am I counting the days. It will soon be time to organise the street parties and other celebrations, me I'd make Brexit day a national holiday. In time perhaps it will be and brexiteer heroes given the true recognition they deserve.

Anyhow here is where we are...

So many ways for the EU puppet Maybot to lose, a minefield to navigate for the win.

Tick tock.
    Last edited by dribbles; 2018-11-26 at 04:35 PM.

Scarab Lord
    as mentioned ago, the time is set for the stage to play this charade before dec12, now with a real schedule:

CCLA (scheduled for wed 12) means Commons Consideration of Lords Amendments, the vote itself is on tue 11.

theresa may wants to debate corbyn on tv

she's a masochist lmao

I honestly have no idea where this idea for a televised debate has come from and seeing as the public are not involved in whether May's proposal (or whatever) is accepted it all seems a little pointless.

Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    theresa may wants to debate corbyn on tv

she's a masochist lmao
    The same May that ran away from debates during the last election. She now wants to debate?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I honestly have no idea where this idea for a televised debate has come from and seeing as the public are not involved in whether May's proposal (or whatever) is accepted it all seems a little pointless.
    I assume by pointing out the disaster a no deal scenario will create and making the electorate put pressure to vote Yes for this deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh look Russia's prime bitch is trying to further make an already volatile situation more problematic. not that this will change much about the public opinion the deplorables will eat this up and the same people will ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I assume by pointing out the disaster a no deal scenario will create and making the electorate put pressure to vote Yes for this deal.
    Maybe, however the electorate can only truly exercise its power when it is given a vote which is not due happen until 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    My money is on the ECJ saying it has to be accepted by the member states unilaterally. What the original draft intended is only one of the methodologies to interpret the law, practicality also comes into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Populists hyperbole. Of course the UK won't stop trading with the US regardless of the outcome. That's just as preposterous as saying the UK won't deal with the EU in a no deal scenario. People are way too prone to just believing anything they're told, if it only sounds scandalous enough.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Is there still any chance of a second refferendum
    Funny you should mention that, I just bumped into this on Guido Fawkes:

https://order-order.com/2018/11/27/e...nd-referendum/

Constitutional experts Vernon Bogdanor and Lord Kerslake both agree that there is no way for Parliament to force a second referendum without a cooperative executive.

Professor Bogdanor confirms that as the Withdrawal Agreement is a treaty, Parliament can either ratify it or not. “A referendum amendment would have no effect on its own, to have a second referendum you need legislation which in 2015 took seven months to get through Parliament.”

Former Head of the Civil Service Lord Kerslake agrees, saying “there has to be, as Vernon says, legislation… the way forward has to come with the involvement and the agreement of Government.”

Just give the Brexiteers their lolipops and tell them to go out and play because I think we've entertained their foolishness long enough.
    Jawohl mein fuhrer! Ve vill crush ze majority of ze country under our boots!

Also I'm pissy because I'm tired of all the NHS cutback's and I can no longer get my creams for my skin which I've used my entire life because the NHS is making more and more cutbacks even though I pay for my prescriptions.
    "But what about me?! ME ME ME ME ME!!!!one11one!"

Frankly, I doubt your prescriptions cover the full cost of these skin creams, hence the problem when the NHS decides to no longer fund its share. Plus, you're posting on MMO-C, so I'm going to take a leap of faith and suggest you're not a pensioner or suffering from some ghastly disease like cancer that has absurdly high treatment costs. Seeing as the NHS seems to think that A&E, old people, and the like are a higher priority than you, and seeing as how there's only so much money in the world, something's got to give.

Still, let's add something constructive. You could always cut some more dead wood:

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/project...affing-numbers
    https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/project...s/nhs-managers

Took 7 years for a sub-20% drop in the number of managers (43,000 of them in 2009, costing ~8% of the budget). We managed to run a global empire with a civil service a fraction of its present size, so it's not like we need most of the current red tape types.

https://blog.nationalarchives.gov.uk...civil-servants

But hey, why face harsh truths when you can just take a steaming dump all over a majority of your fellow countrymen?
    Still not tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Jawohl mein fuhrer! Ve vill crush ze majority of ze country under our boots!
    Whenever I see a Brit do this kind of imitation trying to be funny, I think it's sad that some people really can't help being this stupid. It's not even funny. Or annoying, it's just... embarassing. For your countrymen.

I'm in my 30's and a psoriasis sufferer since I was a baby from head to toe, I'm having to fight tooth and nail to try and get my doctors to prescribe creams as I do use alot a week while current prescription prices are £8.80 the creams cost £11-12 to buy over the counter for a substantionaly smaller tub I have to cake myself in creams twice a day in order to keep my condition under control, I know what goes on behind the scenes in the medical sector as I'm a medicines dispenser by trade.

Pharmacies as it is get paid pennies per prescription that is handed in for NHS patients so they are having to make up for those loss's to stay open by offering extra services ie Medicine Use Reviews (MUR's), Addict Services and Flu jabs, While basic NHS Services like Diabete's services and Blood pressure services actually make too little money to be worth a Pharmacists time as it takes more time to do these services than the NHS is willing to pay for.

It's not just about the "MEMEMEME!!!!!" as you put it but there are plenty of people out there NOT getting the help and services they need and are unneedlessly suffering just to "Save money".
    Wait, did you just tell him how the real world works? Where people aren't magically super healthy unless they fracture a bone or something else that is easy to fix? Can't have that. Complicated illnesses don't exist, after all. Especially not chronic ones. Where would we be if people could just get sick and need medication over long periods of time. We'd go broke!

I am Murloc!

UK is still in the EU, Brexit is not complete. Let's talk again in a year or 2.