View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Deleted
    MPs have just started an emergency debate on the meaningful vote, without May even being there.

Holy shit May could delay this vote until January 21st! I think it's time to move my money into Digestives and Hobnobs (gotta keep a diverse biscuit portfolio after all).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Holy shit May could delay this vote until January 21st! I think it's time to move my money into Digestives and Hobnobs (gotta keep a diverse biscuit portfolio after all).
    I think January 21st is when the deal gets ratified by the European Parliament, so like they're saying, they're worried that May is just going to run down the clock until then, so the only choices will be Mays Deal or No Deal.

Theresa May being accidentally locked inside her car sums up where we are pretty well, i think
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2018-12-11 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I think January 21st is when the deal gets ratified by the European Parliament, so like they're saying, they're worried that May is just going to run down the clock until then, so the only choices will be Mays Deal or No Deal.
    I'm not entirely confident The Commons could survive weeks of this, as was once said by a man high on cocaine whilst watching people dodge balls; it's a bold strategy Cotton, lets see if it pays for 'em.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2018-12-11 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not entirely confident The Commons could survive weeks of this, as was once said by a man high on cocaine whilst watching people dodge balls; it's a bold strategy Cotton, lets see if it pays of 'em.
    I think it's pretty clear now that May is done, there's no way she can survive this, completely lost the Commons and the Government in general seems to be viewed with utter contempt by even people on there own side of the aisle.

Utter shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    You're right. Plus attempting to ninja loot the royal Doomhammer is a much more British way to go about it:
    https://twitter.com/BBCSussex/status...43438593196034
    For anyone interested the royal scepter symoblises the sovereignty of Parliament, by removing it the MP was showing how the Government (the executive branch, i.e. May and her Cabinet) are undermining Parliamentary sovereignty. Also Parliament can not legally function when the mace is not in place.

I think it's pretty clear now that May is done, there's no way she can survive this, completely lost the Commons and the Government in general seems to be viewed with utter contempt by even people on there own side of the aisle.

Utter shambles.
    This is a commonly held and probably accurate point of view. But the question that bothers me most is what happens next? Ousting May will not change the material facts, hers will still be the only deal put forward (unsurprisingly her critics don't seem to have one of their own) and the EU are adamant that they will not re-enter negotiations. I appreciate that there are some who believe that this is an act of brinkmanship on the part of the EU, and they might be right - I don't know, but even if this is the case and the EU will come back to the table we will have just two, two and half months to come up with a new and improved deal, it just doesn't seem possible to me that a better deal can be negotiated in this short period of time.

So we're back to square one but with a different face at the helm.

It seems to me that this is more about MPs getting their pound of flesh from May than improving the outcome for the country.
    Last edited by Pann; 2018-12-11 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    What? Rich British pensioners who move to Spain remove from the UK economy £100,000's in capital built up over decades and £1000's in monthly pension income provided by the UK government which they then proceed to spend in the EU economy. This again is a win for the EU to the detriment of the UK.

If Corbyn gets in no doubt capital controls will be re-introduced that makes such a flight of outward wealth from the UK to the EU impossible.

EU refugees going the other way, in the millions, arrive on our shores with nothing, starving and homeless, and yet we take them in feed, cloth and house them again subsidising the irresponsible EU who have failed to provide any future for their poor souls.

The two groups are not financially the same.
    And all we ask in return is they supply the essential services that keep little things like the NHS running...

- - - Updated - - -

Probably. It's a good thing that the commons are a place were people can speak freely. There are not many places on earth where it would be considered remotely acceptable for members of parliament to speak like that to the head of state I think.
    The head of state is the Queen, the Prime Minister is just the head of the government.

Utter shambles.
    May is the cockroache of the political jungle, I honestly would not be surprised to see her survive this because how often before has it been said that "she's done".

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    And all we ask in return is they supply the essential services that keep little things like the NHS running...
    For which they are handsomely paid...
    Britannia waives the rules!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    This is a commonly held and probably accurate point of view. But the question that bothers me most is what happens next? Ousting May will not change the material facts, hers will still be the only deal put forward (unsurprisingly her critics don't seem to have one of their own) and the EU are adamant that they will not re-enter negotiations. I appreciate that there are some who believe that this is an act of brinkmanship on the part of the EU, and they might be right - I don't know, but even if this is the case and the EU will come back to the table we will have just two, two and half months to come up with a new and improved deal, it just doesn't seem possible to me that a better deal can be negotiated in this short period of time.

It seems to me that this is more about MPs getting their pound of flesh from May than improving the outcome for the country.
    No we aren't, as soon as this vote takes place, which it must, Parliament is back in control, regardless of whoever takes control of the Government.

Let BoJo or JRM have it, it doesn't matter, the Tories are done and Brexit is done.

- - - Updated - - -

May is the cockroache of the political jungle, I honestly would not be surprised to see her survive this because how often before has it been said that "she's done".
    I've never thought she was done before, but this is beyond the pale now, nearly the entire opposition is in session just savaging the Government and she's off trying to negotiate with people who've already said that they won't.

Since today's word is "cowardice" I'll keep rolling with it. What MPs are hoping for is that the deal will be voted down, a People's Vote will go forth and they will be absolved of any responsibility in this debacle because they are cowards utterly incapable of ruling.

Why anyone wants to see these guys "take back control" is a fucking mystery to me. The whole lot of 'em need to be purged, they are unfit to govern.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'm hoping for that, actually. It would be best for the UK, the EU and by god, just watching that victory snatched away from under Dribs' nose is worth it alone... :P
    To be fair, either No Deal or No Brexit, dribbs will be losing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    For which they are handsomely paid...
    So it's agreed that EU immigration is a fair exchange that benefits the UK and the migrant workers?

- - - Updated - - -

Since today's word is "cowardice" I'll keep rolling with it. What MPs are hoping for is that the deal will be voted down, a People's Vote will go forth and they will be absolved of any responsibility in this debacle because they are cowards utterly incapable of ruling.

Why anyone wants to see these guys "take back control" is a fucking mystery to me. The whole lot of 'em need to be purged, they are unfit to govern.
    For a long time I've been asking why I should care if rulings come from a bunch of wankers in Brussels or a bunch of wankers in London.

So it's agreed that EU immigration is a fair exchange that benefits the UK and the migrant workers?

- - - Updated - - -

For a long time I've been asking why I should care if rulings come from a bunch of wankers in Brussels or a bunch of wankers in London.
    The wankers in Brussels are at least consistent and predictable

I'm on the same page. I'm pretty confident that the main reason most MPs are Remainers is because they are terrified about the prospect of governing with culpability rather than having the EU to blame when they fuck up.

I think the EU might be a bit tired of this. If it takes 2 years to hammer a deal just for the transition period, and even this turns out to be extremely divisive, negotiation for the actual trade deal and future relationship is going to be quite ride. I hope they didn't promise Barnier early retirement if he took the job because this might take another 20 years .

- - - Updated - - -

I'm on the same page. I'm pretty confident that the main reason most MPs are Remainers is because they are terrified about the prospect of governing with culpability rather than having the EU to blame when they fuck up.
    So it's take back accountability now? We are finally over take back control? You didn't need Brexit for that but hey, whatever works for the UK.

Deleted
    So it's take back accountability now? We are finally over take back control? You didn't need Brexit for that but hey, whatever works for the UK.
    muh sovereignty

- - - Updated - - -

Ah Corbyn, never change.

On paper the Withdrawal Agreement is perfect for our Parliament, they can collect a pay check whilst hanging out in Westminster's many bars because they have signed away all their power a d responsibility. It's amazing that they are actually against it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah Corbyn, never change.
    We are going to need are going to need a new saying in line with "couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery" or "couldn't pull in a brothel in a suit made of 5ers" but specifically mentioning Corbyn.