View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    The danger of a second vote now from a remain perspective is that it could give a similar narrow win for leave and that would make it very hard to get traction for a return to the EU for a long time. It might just be safer - if very painful - to let the realities of "sovereignty" sink in for a while and then ask: "Is this really what you wanted?".

Reports are coming in that the threshold of 48 letters needed for a confidence vote has been reached.

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...91327676768256

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1072584017285931011

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    The danger of a second vote now from a remain perspective is that it could give a similar narrow win for leave and that would make it very hard to get traction for a return to the EU for a long time. It might just be safer - if very painful - to let the realities of "sovereignty" sink in for a while and then ask: "Is this really what you wanted?".
    I understand this but, personally, I don’t have the energy or inclination to humour the Leave demography. What sort of time period are you suggesting? A decade? Two decades? At the extreme end, that’s the rest of my working life. Imo this is too big a decision not to fight for now, tooth and nail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I'd call you Saint Nige but...well you know. Still. Nice offer.

I mean typical borgeoius pig seeking to buy favour with that corrupt clique of mods! Sorry it's been a few hours and I fear our dear departed friend may not return and flame us so I will take up the mantle.
    He was only half right, though. I love avocados but hate chardonnay.

Do you think he thinks we should just be eating good ‘ol fashioned English root veg? Turnips and the like?

I hate turnips. And brussels. And parsnips.

In fact, I think I should possibly move to China where they grow sensible, crunchy veg.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    He was only half right, though. I love avocados but hate chardonnay.

Do you think he thinks we should just be eating good ‘ol fashioned English root veg? Turnips and the like?

I hate turnips. And brussels. And parsnips.

In fact, I think I should possibly move to China where they grow sensible, crunchy veg.
    I live exclusively on foie gras and beluga caviar, you seem to be saying that there is more than 2 foods? Huh....the more you know!

10+ Year Old Account
    I live exclusively on foie gras and beluga caviar, you seem to be saying that there is more than 2 foods? Huh....the more you know!
    You're forgetting my fave: ballotine of oppressed proletariat, accompanied by fricasseed Bolshevik, drenched in a peasant jus.

nom, nom, nom

You're forgetting my fave: ballotine of oppressed proletariat, accompanied by fricasseed Bolshevik, drenched in a peasant jus.

nom, nom, nom
    That sounds delicious, you really must send me your chef for a weekend! In return I'll send you my favourite courtesan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Reports are coming in that the threshold of 48 letters needed for a confidence vote has been reached.

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...91327676768256

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1072584017285931011
    Yep

Peston's really not pulling punches on his feed tonight:

Here is May's fall from grace nutshelled in the lies of her MPs: a few weeks ago, those who put in letters pretended they hadn't; now those who haven't put in letters are pretending they have. "It's like families claiming their dads were in the resistance" says one Brexiter.

Yep

Here is May's fall from grace nutshelled in the lies of her MPs: a few weeks ago, those who put in letters pretended they hadn't; now those who haven't put in letters are pretending they have. "It's like families claiming their dads were in the resistance" says one Brexiter.
    I guess we'll find out tomorrow if there is any truth in it this time. But there are worrying times ahead.

So now the proverbial is hitting the fan (one way or another) should we request a mod change the title of the thread? "Brexit shitshow reaches climax" or something? OR is that presuming too much too soon :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Yep

I thought this was both funny and apt for the ERG.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Kuenssberg
    It became evident to ardent Brexiteers that their communications between each other were not all genuine, and painfully so. Those who had told colleagues that they had submitted the letters, patently had not done so.
    I mean they do nothing but lie to the country at large so it really shouldn't be all that surprising that they lie to each other aswell.

While at work I had time to think and now wondering with how divisions are in both parliament and in the country if this country is at this moment even governable.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    When Mays Deal eventually gets shot down I think we'll see support for the second vote start going up, I wasn't sold on the second vote early into this process and argued against it, but seeing how much perceptions have shifted, and how much more people actually know about what they'd be voting for, I can fully support it now.

If it leads to a 3rd vote? So be it, but hopefully this one will have a much stronger majority than 51.9% to 48.1%.
    Takes integrity to admit having changed your mind. Wish more people were that cool about it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    This has all the makings for a Carry on film
    shambles doesnt even come close

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    So now the proverbial is hitting the fan (one way or another) should we request a mod change the title of the thread? "Brexit shitshow reaches climax" or something? OR is that presuming too much too soon :P
    I've asked for a renaming of the thread to reflect that the negotiations are over. Remember, once this is over on March 29th at the latest, we're entering a new stage of madness where the UK demands a new trade agreement that fulfills what they want.

This thing we've been debating for the past year and a bit? It's only about the separation... that's the truly funny thing about this thread. Oh, imagine how the emotions will go up once people are actually talking about stuff that's worth something.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Serious question eurochums.

With a sweet no deal virtually in the bag, do any of you know which EU banks are at risk of collapse when they no longer have access to the City of London after March 2019?

UK officials have been warning EU27 nations that a "no-deal" Brexit places a high risk of financial disruption to their banks.Sky sources say that the names of specific EU mega-banks especially exposed to and reliant on UK cleared derivatives have been mentioned in discussions.

https://news.sky.com/story/eu-risks-...cials-11578161

Just in case you or I have savings in any of them it might be a good idea to get them out before they are lost due to EU pig headedness. It's already going to cost the EU £39bn, I wouldn't want it to cost you, as individuals, any more.

You suffer enough having to put up with being governed by them as it is.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

No bank will collapse. What a ridiculous notion.

Can't wait until this deal is scuppered. I'm hoping for a second referendum, one where all the racists and idiots lose this time.

Nope, that's why she's still here. Corbyn doesn't want it, JRM doesn't want it, BoJo.....might? It would be a stupid move but he does seem to be getting really desperate for that Premiership he feels he's owed.
    It's hilarious watching these guys play musical chairs on the Titanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Can't wait until this deal is scuppered. I'm hoping for a second referendum, one where all the racists and idiots lose this time.
    They have to lose, though. This is a gamble, everyone thinks the main task is to get the second referendum. It really isn't though, is it. It just opens up the actual second task, to rally support and defeat the leave option with such a resounding vote that nobody in their right mind can question this. We'll all be happy to call the first referendum a fluke and never talk about it again, but there has to be no doubt that it was a one time thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    They'll just continue to dig their heels in. Sunk cost fallacy and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    But the negotiations are as stalled as ever. This is just the UK committing harakiri. For the third time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    They have to lose, though. This is a gamble, everyone thinks the main task is to get the second referendum. It really isn't though, is it. It just opens up the actual second task, to rally support and defeat the leave option with such a resounding vote that nobody in their right mind can question this. We'll all be happy to call the first referendum a fluke and never talk about it again, but there has to be no doubt that it was a one time thing.
    If there's a referendum with leave vs. remain as options, and leave wins again, the UK is so utterly fucked. Basically, that guarantees hard Brexit and a NI border.

Unless the Brexiteers soil their pants at the last minute and sign up to some version of May's deal (probably a worse one), which really just puts the UK in an indefinite holding pattern. Schrodinger's Brexit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.