View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    We do know that as part of their planning they have taken out a multi-million pound deal to provide additional ferry transport. With a company that was only set up a few years ago. That has no ferries.

I'm going to go ahead and guess "woefully inadequate". Final answer.
    Not having ferries is not a problem as they can be chartered however the company's financial records are most certainly a cause for concern.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Not having ferries is not a problem as they can be chartered however the company's financial records are most certainly a cause for concern.
    Pay a company to charter ferries. That sounds like wasteful spending.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    i look forward to our pending banana republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Dribbs is either one of the privileged few who can make a profit from Brexit or he has his tongue so far up the arse of wealthy elites like Mogg and Farage he doesn't care what happens to the country as long as they are happy.
    Not difficult to make a profit. Hold foreign currency while sterling crashes. If the Tories really fuck it up you could make a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Pay a company to charter ferries. That sounds like wasteful spending.
    hopefully they put more effort into chartering ferries than they did in their website design

edit - it gets better
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-01-03 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    That company is clearly a scam.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that's something for a company that just received 14 million pounds. I like their Time Table page with the hidden google link and their embedded tweets that ended in September.

Ok, after 5 minutes on that website I am certain I could do a better job within a day. And I create websites just as a hobby.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

No, it is not, it will take around 12 weeks for the electoral commission to evaluate the question(s) being asked and there is a minimum 10 week campaign period required thus @Butler Log is correct that it will take approximately 6 months to organise another referendum.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8486091.html

Not sure what he means with "weeks", but at the very least there seems to be contention over how long exactly. In any case, the EU would absolutely give the UK the time needed to hold a second referendumd rather than having a bad deal or a crashout that will affect us all.

Chances are the British will not do any of this just to spite the EU, however. Who knows...

- - - Updated - - -

I think the question everyone is asking themselves is... if you're hiring a company that has to charter ferries, why not hire the company they charter the ferries from and cut out the middle-man? Must be a British thing...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8486091.html

Not sure what he means with "weeks", but at the very least there seems to be contention over how long exactly. In any case, the EU would absolutely give the UK the time needed to hold a second referendumd rather than having a bad deal or a crashout that will affect us all.

Chances are the British will not do any of this just to spite the EU, however. Who knows...
    That appears to be Vince Cable's opinion. If you read the article further it states;

"But in an evaluation of the 2016 referendum, the Electoral Commission recommended that legislation should be clear at least six months before polling day.

It took seven months for parliament to sign off the last referendum legislation in an act of parliament, meaning MPs would have to work at an extraordinarily fast pace to pass fresh legislation if they were to go ahead with the recommendations of the Electoral Commission."

I think the question everyone is asking themselves is... if you're hiring a company that has to charter ferries, why not hire the company they charter the ferries from and cut out the middle-man? Must be a British thing...
    There may be several reasons one of which is that the civil service does not have the necessary expertise to deal with hiring and running charter ferries.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    We do know that as part of their planning they have taken out a multi-million pound deal to provide additional ferry transport. With a company that was only set up a few years ago. That has no ferries.

I'm going to go ahead and guess "woefully inadequate". Final answer.
    The best part is that the vast majority of ferry transport will be outsourced to two Danish and French firms. If (when) Seaborne goes tits up, ALL of the additional shipping will be done by EU-based companies.

7+ Year Old Account
    /sigh Uber doesn't own taxis, airbnb doesn't own holiday properties. Must be a global thing alien to the inward looking EU. Question everyone is asking themselves answered. Next...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    /sigh Uber doesn't own taxis, airbnb doesn't own holiday properties. Must be a global thing alien to the inward looking EU. Question everyone is asking themselves answered. Next...
    What do you think the word charter means?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The best part is that the vast majority of ferry transport will be outsourced to two Danish and French firms. If (when) Seaborne goes tits up, ALL of the additional shipping will be done by EU-based companies.
    That is pretty impressive considering the fact Great Britain is an island.

- - - Updated - - -

That is pretty impressive considering the fact Great Britain is an island.
    They could, had they bothered to advertise the contract, have got a UK freight service to do it and not two from the EU, is my point

Yeah, how many Government transportation contracts worth several billion have you lately seen going to Uber? And how many Government officials overnight in a Brussels airbnb, what do you think?

Question isn't really answered. Uber has nothing to do with billion Euro tenders regarding national logistics to keep a country alive. You're comparing drunk girls getting an Uber for the 10 km home to ferry logistics? Or renting out your spare bedroom for overnighters?

The only thing alien to us is the simple nature of how your mind works. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bet the answer has something to do with Dribbles source of brain capacity.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, how many Government transportation contracts worth several billion have you lately seen going to Uber? And how many Government officials overnight in a Brussels airbnb, what do you think?

Question isn't really answered. Uber has nothing to do with billion Euro tenders regarding national logistics to keep a country alive. You're comparing drunk girls getting an Uber for the 10 km home to ferry logistics? Or renting out your spare bedroom for overnighters?

The only thing alien to us is the simple nature of how your mind works. :P
    Nothing wrong with simple, why over complicate things in the first place, black or white, in or out like a ferry, how hard can it be. Another good news day for me today eurochums...

There is an increasing belief among prominent Eurosceptics that if May fails to get her deal through the Commons, she would prefer a no-deal Brexit to a second referendum or general election.

And with reference to the backstop the ERG said...

The group planned to compare any guarantee that falls short of a break clause to Neville Chamberlain’s agreement with Hitler in 1938.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham...it-vote-gaming

And as I have been saying to numerous laughter on here for ages now the phrase “no-deal by stealth” becomes more real by the day. As the clock ticks, another day gone of the more than 900 that have passed with nothing and no agreement achieved since the referendum, only 85 to go now...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Aye, but did uber and Airbnb copy/paste their website T&C's from a fast food chain?
    You are quoting me with the trash filled daily mail as a source? How can anyone who reads something so biased be taken seriously :P

What next? A Daily Express article from you?

I've waited 3 years to post that back at you remainers!!!

Was fun to watching Ch4 news savage Seaborne tonight. BBC hasnt picked it up yet but the guy in charge of it left his last business in shipping with millions of pounds of debt and may not even have secured all the loans needed to finance the business (Seaborne).

GJ Grayling!
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2019-01-04 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by porthworl View Post
    Not difficult to make a profit. Hold foreign currency while sterling crashes. If the Tories really fuck it up you could make a fortune.
    Anyone can make a small profit that way (my girlfriend's father has bought a load of Euros before all of Theresa May's speeches because she so regularly crashed the pound) but I'm talking about the sort of people who manage to own a home outright and have 10s or 100s of thousands of pounds in savings and can make decent bank off the rest of the country crashing, or people like Mogg who can sell the country out with favourable trade deals, offshore investments and the like.

- - - Updated - - -

Seaborne Freight are going to be relying on private ferry owners looking to make a few extra quid with their free time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Dribbs is either one of the privileged few who can make a profit from Brexit or he has his tongue so far up the arse of wealthy elites like Mogg and Farage he doesn't care what happens to the country as long as they are happy.
    The most common nodeal enthusiast actually doesn't fully know the consequences of a nodeal brexit and prefers it that way over a written agreement.

Imagine you are right now in a room and you have 2 doors(one of which is no deal and one of which is May's deal). You already know what's in May's deal room and you aren't really excited to go there since its worse in almost all ways than the current room. You don't know what's in the No Deal room, which makes it appealing since you wanted to change rooms in the first place.

Its a play on feelings not a play on facts. The fact is that when you play the lotto you are throwing money away. The feeling is that you might be the luckiest winner despite all odds.