View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If they play it right then instead of going after the Nazi chant, the Met could bring up physical altercations they did to her and the guardian writer. Essentially for her they were I think actually blocking her reentering westminster for a little while. Still the knuckle draggers will knuckle drag but it will be more than a "Muh Free Speech." issue.
    The problem is that whilst no doubt the physical intimidation is extremely unpleasant for those on the receiving end it is in criminal terms a rather minor offence and therefore likely to only attract a minor punishment which will without doubt play into their supporters' victim complex and as we have seen from Tommy Robinson's escapades a short prison sentence is actually beneficial to their cause.

The Met are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The problem is that whilst no doubt the physical intimidation is extremely unpleasant for those on the receiving end it is in criminal terms a rather minor offence and therefore likely to only attract a minor punishment which will without doubt play into their supporters' victim complex and as we have seen from Tommy Robinson's escapades a short prison sentence is actually beneficial to their cause
    which is where de-platforming racists from mainstream social media and youtube/paypal comes into play

And the first of many nails is hammered into the prospect of no-deal. MPs vote to add a restriction to a piece of legislation if the Government attempts to enact no-deal. Expect this to play out time and time again in the weeks to come, unless the Government chooses to specifically and categorically rule out no-deal.

Where's your tick-tock now @dribbles? Your wet dream just took the first of many stabs. It might still be technically alive for the moment, but it's going to die pretty soon. No question.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I just hope this doesn't end up in the stupidest staring competition of all time, where the parliament ties the government's hands on acting on a no deal, does not vote for the deal then the government does nothing to prevent no deal and when it happens cannot even take emergency measures fast. Because that absolutely is possible.
    Ultimately I see this as politically disastrous. There is NO other deal. By all accounts it feels like Remainers trying to make Brexit even harder than it has to be and that cannot be seen as good by the people. A plebiscite at least appeals to the public, this seems far more like they are stealing Brexit away from them. And however much I might agree with that, it is just going to backfire politically. Everyone who is against May's deal has exactly two choices, No Deal or Remain and those in parliament who refuse to take a stance must be brought before reality and forced to make that choice.
    Brexit should not only be made hard. It needs to be impossible unless all our rights that we have pre March 29th are enshrined in law to remain forever. That means going to Brussels and agreeing to full free movement remaining.

Today's vote is, in the grand scheme of things, pretty much meaningless and the UK's default position is still to leave without a deal.

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1082713030826344448
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-01-08 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can only hope Brexit ends up being as painful/harmful for the UK as possible just so that the morons who voted Leave can be reminded yet again that the pro-Leave crowd sold them a basket of lies about how painless and easy leaving would be.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Can only hope Brexit ends up being as painful/harmful for the UK as possible just so that the morons who voted Leave can be reminded yet again that the pro-Leave crowd sold them a basket of lies about how painless and easy leaving would be.
    the harsh reality is that when the UK drops out the idea of 'taking back control' will go up in smoke. As the UK scrambles for new investment post-brexit much of the services and descision making on issues that affect peoples every day life will be ceded to corporations and foreign investors. The power of the nation state everywhere being eroded and it will be another nail in the coffin.

The EU was a way of pooling sovereignty in order to re-empower individual EU members. (hence why Ireland can exert its power over the UK in negotiations, and how countries can chase up post-national tech giants)

If you look across the UK most infrustructure is in the hands of foreign investors and the sell off will get worse.

The UK is about to get a slap in the face about its real position in the world and the nation state is about to get a slap in the face from the power of globalisation with will put the man on the street further away from power and control not closer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You realise that would also hurt all the Remainers who never wanted any of this?
    And they can rightfully blame the morons who believed the 'Leave' liars who promised them everything would be hunky dory.

The only way stupid people (I.E: Trump supporters and pro-Brexit morons) ever learn is to hurt them and hurt them bad. Not literally, mind.

I would love to see a No-Deal Brexit lead to Scotland and Northern Ireland seceding from the UK since those two areas were heavily in favor of 'Stay'.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    And they can rightfully blame the morons who believed the 'Leave' liars who promised them everything would be hunky dory.

The only way stupid people (I.E: Trump supporters and pro-Brexit morons) ever learn is to hurt them and hurt them bad. Not literally, mind.

I would love to see a No-Deal Brexit lead to Scotland and Northern Ireland seceding from the UK since those two areas were heavily in favor of 'Stay'.
    Unfortunately the Trumpers and pro-brexit morons would burn in agony and die laughing if it even slightly inconvenienced "Them libz."

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    the harsh reality is that when the UK drops out the idea of 'taking back control' will go up in smoke. As the UK scrambles for new investment post-brexit much of the services and descision making on issues that affect peoples every day life will be ceded to corporations and foreign investors. The power of the nation state everywhere being eroded and it will be another nail in the coffin.

The EU was a way of pooling sovereignty in order to re-empower individual EU members. (hence why Ireland can exert its power over the UK in negotiations, and how countries can chase up post-national tech giants)

If you look across the UK most infrustructure is in the hands of foreign investors and the sell off will get worse.

The UK is about to get a slap in the face about its real position in the world and the nation state is about to get a slap in the face from the power of globalisation with will put the man on the street further away from power and control not closer.

You still don't understand this.

The man in the street doesn't care if things will get worse. They have been getting worse for 40 years. This is a desperate, pathetic impotent act of political self-immolation.

All the way through the referendum idiots like you were bleating on about economic growth. All that means to ordinary people is that someone else is getting rich. No wonder remain lost.
    Last edited by malthwolth; 2019-01-09 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by malthwolth View Post

The man in the street doesn't care if things will get worse. They have been getting worse for 40 years. This is a desperate, pathetic impotent act of political self-immolation.

All the way through the referendum idiots like you were bleating on about economic growth. All that means to ordinary people is that someone else is getting rich. No wonder remain lost.
    How would you know, this is your first post, and you are brand new here?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    How would you know, this is your first post, and you are brand new here?
    Translation "My name's Machismo and I like to suck the dick of petty authoritarians as a substitute for a lack of intellect".

Translation "My name's Machismo and I like to suck the dick of petty authoritarians as a substitute for a lack of intellect".
    Do you have any evidence to back up such claims?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Do you have any evidence to back up such claims?
    Well it was supposed to be a metaphor, but now you have me wondering, methinks he doth protest too much...

Deleted

i get it you watched that tv show on on ch4 and are projecting again.

where do i talk about economic growth? i'm talking about the nation states power vs globalisation im not framing the argument as economic pluses and minuses. I'm talking about power and where it is.

You literally come here and froth at people without actually making any arguments or putting your position on the line for scrutiny its pretty telling you have nothing to say. You just vent your own self hatred when you aren't trying to police how others post.

Well it was supposed to be a metaphor, but now you have me wondering, methinks he doth protest too much...
    You "new" guys are adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    i get it you watched that tv show on on ch4 and are projecting again.

where do i talk about economic growth? i'm talking about the nation states power vs globalisation im not framing the argument as economic pluses and minuses. I'm talking about power and where it is.

You literally come here and froth at people without actually making any arguments or putting your position on the line for scrutiny its pretty telling you have nothing to say. You just vent your own self hatred when you aren't trying to police how others post.
    I was paraphrasing a well-known economist, I don't watch TV.

I very much doubt the man in the street has that much interest in national "power". Have you ever met any? They think England will win the world cup every four years and then rag on their country drunkenly for a week when we get knocked out. They don't have the vaguest idea what type of power the UK has in the first place.

I literally have seen nothing from you that resembles an argument until today. I mean absolutely nothing that could be described as such by even the most generous individual. Mostly you were posting what I assume were meant to be deliberately offensive memes and calling people cunts, with the odd link to a news item everyone would have already seen.

Deleted
    I was paraphrasing a well-known economist, I don't watch TV.

I very much doubt the man in the street has that much interest in national "power". Have you ever met any? They think England will win the world cup every four years and then rag on their country drunkenly for a week when we get knocked out. They don't have the vaguest idea what type of power the UK has in the first place.

I literally have seen nothing from you that resembles an argument until today. I mean absolutely nothing that could be described as such by even the most generous individual. Mostly you were posting what I assume were meant to be deliberately offensive memes and calling people cunts, with the odd link to a news item everyone would have already seen.
    So the average voter is a moron then? And the only way to get them to vote for what you want is to trick them with false promises and slogans?

You keep coming in saying talking down to people is the reason Remain lost, but then do so yourself.

Hmm, remain lost because people like you are tolerated in society. You know the kind that is allowed to talk even though they have nothing to say, actually. Disrespectful ignorance isn't a virtue. The simple man on the street doesn't understand economic growth? Maybe, it's true that the individual has more interest in the financials of his car purchase than listening on about billions here or there...

Alas, this argument becomes ridiculous when the companies employing those people are telling them they'll move production out of the country. Costing their jobs. Or when experts explain to them how Brexit has direct consequences for them in their daily lives. The discussion whether or not Brexit is a smart idea is over. It is a stupid idea. And it has been demonstrated already countless times. Without mentioning economic growth even just once. The most prevalent example being the conundrum of Northern Ireland. Or visas. Food. Medicine. Did you not see the shock some forum visitors here had when they realised that their medicine depended either directly or indirectly on deliveries from continental Europe? Deliveries that are jeopardized as we speak? Some medical products have to be ordered half a year in advance. And those orders are not being accepted right now, because nobody knows if they can fulfill them. Either way this is going, you will have a medical supply shortage. Even if you turn this around and make things go away, you will run into problems. This is not "if" anymore. It's "when".

Some people will have a harsh wakeup call in March if Brexit becomes reality. And people like you... well, you will vanish. And you will never admit the utter idiocy you displayed here irl, because it would be too embarassing.

This is the good news, your kind of irritating behaviour will simply go away in 3 months.
    Last edited by Slant; 2019-01-09 at 05:03 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account

If they didn't care, why did they vote?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    So the average voter is a moron then? And the only way to get them to vote for what you want is to trick them with false promises and slogans?

You keep coming in saying talking down to people is the reason Remain lost, but then do so yourself.
    Well, as if it wasn't clear by now, it seems burner account #124 isn't much brighter than his 123 predecessors.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.