View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The EU will because Plan B could result in us staying in the EU, which as far as i'm aware, the EU still wants and would welcome with open arms.
    The thing is that no-one is putting forward the idea of staying in the EU, sure there are a few back-benchers and opposition MPs pussyfooting around the idea of a people's vote but it will take the majority of parliament to force the government's hand on the matter and there is no consensus in the House for anything.

The next couple of weeks should be interesting and it's possible that parliament may pull a rabbit out of the hat but so far they are playing a very risky game and rather than averting a no-deal Brexit Grieve's amendment makes it, imo, more likely.

Hopefully the house can put aside its differences over the coming weeks and sort something (anything??) out. But I won't be holding my breath.

The EU will because Plan B could result in us staying in the EU, which as far as i'm aware, the EU still wants and would welcome with open arms.

Ofcourse certain people on here who favour punitive action would be against it, but no one really cares what you think and ultimately anyone who can think beyond petty revenge realises that we are all stronger together.
    Plan B would need more support than plan A, though. I mean sure, right now it could mean anything - from May Deal 1.2 to Remain to putting plastic horns on all horses and renaming GB to Avalon. That's the beauty of a plan B without any kinds of specifics, it could be anything, and it could work. Much like the nebulous 'Brexit' idea we started with. But, realistically, would Remain even have as much support as May's deal had? The time of leaving is fast approaching. I don't want to be punitive towards Britain at all. Heck, I'd prefer remain in general, just for the convenience of travel. Yet, the time for vague plans is over. Something concrete needs to be on the table, and fast. Remain simply does not have the political capital for it right now. You'd need a second referendum to establish that.

Ofcourse certain people on here who favour punitive action would be against it, but no one really cares what you think and ultimately anyone who can think beyond petty revenge realises that we are all stronger together.
    I haven't seen anyone arguing for punitive actions since day 1. That's just Dribs talk. What I've seen is people explaining that the EU will look out for itself and what I've said is that the crashout is the default outcome right now. If you change nothing in the equation, a no deal crash out is the default outcome set in motion when the UK invoked Art. 50.

We (the UK and the EU) will have to do something to prevent that outcome. The EU at this stage can't even do anything but ratify the withdrawal agreement. Anything else is up to the UK, especially since the EU ruled out renegotiations. Partly out of time constraints and partly because.. let's be honest, none of us came up with anything better than this withdrawal agreement regarding NI and RoI. I doubt anyone in the House of Commons has an actual constructive idea on how to solve the problem. Spoiler alert: Since it's a paradoxical problem,, there is no solution unless you start breaking promises one way or another.

So.. here we are, the EU willing to forget everything about Art 50, or prepared to live with a crash out... and the UK thinking it can leverage the EU into... what exactly? Because as usual, every politician is being vague and clueless. "We can renegotiate!" Yes... well, let's assume you can (which is factually incorrect and if they had an ounce of brain, I'd even accuse them out outright lying). What exactly would they like to renegotiate? They never mention that. All they say is they're not happy with May's deal. And they want to renegotiate. Yes, but... what? If you have an idea to throw around, now is the fucking time to tell everyone and their grandmother about it. Being coy and only hinting at stuff to the media is not the right move right now. We're talking about complex problems that need complex solutions that need to be discussed in depth. How come NOBODY in Westminster actually talks about something substantial that isn't as vague as "we will try to renegotiate"? Are they on fucking drugs?

Sounds good to the British voter I guess, but those are empty statements. And they are wasting time the UK doesn't have. Remember, the crash is the current default outcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The thing is that no-one is putting forward the idea of staying in the EU, sure there are a few back-benchers and opposition MPs pussyfooting around the idea of a people's vote but it will take the majority of parliament to force the government's hand on the matter and there is no consensus in the House for anything.

The next couple of weeks should be interesting and it's possible that parliament may pull a rabbit out of the hat but so far they are playing a very risky game and rather than averting a no-deal Brexit Grieve's amendment makes it, imo, more likely.

Hopefully the house can put aside its differences over the coming weeks and sort something (anything??) out. But I won't be holding my breath.
    There is no rabbit. Knock that idea out of your head. Bloody hell...
    Last edited by Slant; 2019-01-10 at 10:56 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Hmm, remain lost because people like you are tolerated in society. You know the kind that is allowed to talk even though they have nothing to say, actually. Disrespectful ignorance isn't a virtue. The simple man on the street doesn't understand economic growth? Maybe, it's true that the individual has more interest in the financials of his car purchase than listening on about billions here or there...
    Well it's a good thing this isn't the 1920s or 30s where you could just ship them off to camps to get rid of people you don't like. Another good reason for Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Well it's a good thing this isn't the 1920s or 30s where you could just ship them off to camps to get rid of people you don't like. Another good reason for Brexit.
    No idea what you're on about... nobody talked about camps. But again, we're tolerating inane comments like that, because we've evolved into modern societies. What we haven't figured out is how to stop you from wasting everyone's time with your dumbass comments. Come up with an actual point instead of whatever it is you think you're doing.

(and again, what's with the nazi references? It's like a tick...)
    Last edited by Slant; 2019-01-10 at 11:18 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I like the Nazi references, it makes it clear who is not worth spending any time on. They are pretty efficient.
    Well, yes... that is one way to look at it. Unfortunately, he gets a vote, too... I mean, it explains Trump and Brexit, apparently his type of reasoning is mainstream now in the anglosphere... Well, not the nazi talk specifically, but the lack of an actual proper argument or point.

Deleted
    No idea what you're on about... nobody talked about camps. But again, we're tolerating inane comments like that, because we've evolved into modern societies. What we haven't figured out is how to stop you from wasting everyone's time with your dumbass comments. Come up with an actual point instead of whatever it is you think you're doing.
    It's not inane to point out you want people removed because of your butthurt and the rest of your points suck.

Did you not see the shock some forum visitors here had when they realised that their medicine depended either directly or indirectly on deliveries from continental Europe? Deliveries that are jeopardized as we speak? Some medical products have to be ordered half a year in advance.
    In your tiny mind only the rest of europe has medical supplies.

It's not inane to point out you want people removed because of your butthurt and the rest of your points suck.

In your tiny mind only the rest of europe has medical supplies.
    It's not in my mind, mate. It's reality. The UK has no facilities to produce insulin for human patients. They do not have the facilities to produce radioactive supplies needed for x-rays and MRIs etc. And those are radioactive agents with an incredibly short half-life. We're talking about hours and days of usefulness rather than weeks or months. There are people on this forum that have talked to their doctors and gotten a response of "start stockpiling now". This isn't a fantasy like your Brexit talk, this is people on this forum confirming what experts have pointed out.

Now who's got the tiny mind?

I've never talked about people being removed. You're being dishonest.

Deleted
    I like the Nazi references, it makes it clear who is not worth spending any time on. They are pretty efficient.
    You just have nazis on the brain.

It's not in my mind, mate. It's reality. The UK has no facilities to produce insulin for human patients. They do not have the facilities to produce radioactive supplies needed for x-rays and MRIs etc. And those are radioactive agents with an incredibly short half-life. We're talking about hours and days of usefulness rather than weeks or months. There are people on this forum that have talked to their doctors and gotten a response of "start stockpiling now". This isn't a fantasy like your Brexit talk, this is people on this forum confirming what experts have pointed out.

Now who's got the tiny mind?

I've never talked about people being removed. You're being dishonest.
    People can look back and make their own mind up about your bigotry.Your type helped cause brexit.
    You've also had to backtrack from medical supplies to some very specific items.

You just have nazis on the brain.

People can look back and make their own mind up about your bigotry.Your type helped cause brexit.
    You've also had to backtrack from medical supplies to some very specific items.
    Ah, so you're left with discussing semantics now? Can't you just shut up when you have nothing useful to say? Should I list every single medical equipment and supply that is going to have a shortage or should I go back to the more general medical supplies, which doesn't, btw mean ALL medical supplies... are you even English?

My type didn't cause Brexit. Idiots thinking their idiot argument technique is actually debating are causing Brexit. You don't even have a point, you're just nitpicking on the points someone makes without actually being able to refute them. At the same time, you pretend you've somehow made a point and counter argued. You haven't.

Ah, so you're left with discussing semantics now? Can't you just shut up when you have nothing useful to say? Should I list every single medical equipment and supply that is going to have a shortage or should I go back to the more general medical supplies, which doesn't, btw mean ALL medical supplies... are you even English?

My type didn't cause Brexit. Idiots thinking their idiot argument technique is actually debating are causing Brexit. You don't even have a point, you're just nitpicking on the points someone makes without actually being able to refute them. At the same time, you pretend you've somehow made a point and counter argued. You haven't.
    Slant, I think this troll baited you...Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Quite probably. I don't see the humour in it, though. If he is, he's practically laughing at people with chronic medical conditions that are actually thinking about their health and are worried about how the future looks. Granted, trolls usually have poor taste, but even then most of them would not go this far...

10+ Year Old Account

Plan B wouldn't be remain, Plan B would be another series of pointless debate's led by another figurehead from the UK government that is still discovering what they want a Brexit to mean.

The EU has already stated that if it comes to a No deal it's not preferred by it is a scenario they are prepared for. Customs have been increasing their personnel this is no longer a bluff. So while some in the UK might think it's the unthinkable the EU does not. The EU will also not go into another year round discussing of what the Brexit should look like were even the big lines are something that need to be laid out, where the trade deals have yet to start. They won't keep the EU market and their industries in limbo, potentionally losing investors due to this instability created by the UK just because the UK can't get their shit together.

If you are able to distance yourself from your nation, would you give any other country another year after this debacle of poor leadership and indecisiveness? While it has a negative impact on your own?

As i stated before big multinationals with their supply lines in the UK have already declared they are taking away up to 4 days of their worker base free to plan time off to compensate so they can set up new supply lines from other plants and companies, what they are preparing right now or are already planned for incase of a no deal. Goverments, Companies and so forth are no longer waiting around in the EU. The only people who are those in the UK.

They are banking on the concept that surely the EU they demonized to being such a heartless and soulless government apparatus won't suddenly let them crash out on a no deal? Ironic if you think of it.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2019-01-10 at 12:46 PM.

The silly thing is Britain rarely carted people off to camps, we used to ship them off to the colonies for indentured servitude instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite probably. I don't see the humour in it, though. If he is, he's practically laughing at people with chronic medical conditions that are actually thinking about their health and are worried about how the future looks. Granted, trolls usually have poor taste, but even then most of them would not go this far...
    Put him on ignore and report him and all your worries are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Have you seen Dribs? Why would I put this dude on ignore if we entertain Dribs drivels for 600 pages? Rofl. Apart from that, he didn't actually break any rules. Reporting him is pointless and only wastes the time of a mod.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The silly thing is Britain rarely carted people off to camps, we used to ship them off to the colonies for indentured servitude instead.
    Well, to be fair... Australia turned out to be an amazing place. Incredibly, Britain has inadvertently done humanity a great service with what many would otherwise consider their darkest hour.

(when I say amazing, I obviously don't mean it's amazing for the Aborigines... but what can you do, there's a flaw in most things in real life, things being grey instead of black and white)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    If it makes you feel better instead of accepting the offensive, weak points and are butthurt over having that pointed out.

Make up your mind. One moment your acting like Europe has all the medicine and the rest of the world deosn't exist then the next moment it's only some medical products.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The irony is while they wanted to silence anyone that disagrees with them and abuse state power to do so it is themselves that face the loss of their handouts and leaving the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Speaking of wanting to illegitimately silence people.

Well, to be fair... Australia turned out to be an amazing place. Incredibly, Britain has inadvertently done humanity a great service with what many would otherwise consider their darkest hour.

(when I say amazing, I obviously don't mean it's amazing for the Aborigines... but what can you do, there's a flaw in most things in real life, things being grey instead of black and white)
    I don't think there's any doubt that the British Empire was as terrific as it was terrible and we Brits can look back on it with equal parts pride and shame.

The irony is while they wanted to silence anyone that disagrees with them and abuse state power to do so it is themselves that face the loss of their handouts and leaving the country.
    What?

Make up your mind. One moment your acting like Europe has all the medicine and the rest of the world deosn't exist then the next moment it's only some medical products.
    Actually, judging from what you quoted of his, he was talking about specific cases to begin with. "Some forum visitors....their medicine," and "...some medical products..." certainly make it sound like he was talking about only part of medical supplies, not all of them. It might have come across, to you, that he meant all of that, but it certainly does not for a third party to that conversation like me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone else getting weirdness in this thread? It's saying there are pages 631 and 632, but when I try to go to them, it keeps me on page 630?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters