View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Corbyn's amendment (An alternative Brexit deal involving Labour's plan for a permanent customs union with Brussels and a version of the EU's single market. Legislating to hold a public vote on either a deal or a proposition that has MPs' support) has been defeated.

The SNP's amendment has been defeated by 288 votes.
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-01-29 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    True I guess. But ultimately there are two possibilities here:
    Either May's government is still waiting for the EU to blink
    And/or they are trying to lay the groundwork to place all the blame for no deal's repercussions in the EU.
    They've been trying to redirect blame at the EU, at Labour, at a minority of the Tory party. At the House of Lords. Even towards the people with the temerity to say bad things about Brexit. If it fails it's all going to be their fault, nothing to do with the Tory party that have been making a shambles of running the Brexit process for more than 2 years. I'm hoping that people won't be stupid enough to fall for it, but our track record as a country doesn't fill me with optimism.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Grieve's amendment to table alternative votes has been voted down.

True I guess. But ultimately there are two possibilities here:
    Either May's government is still waiting for the EU to blink
    And/or they are trying to lay the groundwork to place all the blame for no deal's repercussions in the EU.
    I'm not the EU, thank fuck. But if I was, I would not give a single fuck if the UK blamed me for anything. Especially since they would then already be out and thus by definition no longer my concern.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Cooper's amendment defeated!

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Fuck me, this is a complete disaster. We are genuinely going to crash out.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Yes, you are. I see no way out of this the way these guys are behaving. In the end, they'll have a silly vote on March 28th to not crash out but still honour the vote of the people in the referendum and the world just won't care.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Two more chances for parliament to stop no deal, one when May returns in 2 weeks, and one on Valentine's day - if Parliament refuses to grow a spine on both of those occasions, then yes, no deal fun ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Two more chances for parliament to stop no deal, one when May returns in 2 weeks, and one on Valentine's day - if Parliament refuses to grow a spine on both of those occasions, then yes, no deal fun ahead
    When May returns from what? And what's on Valentine's day?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    nah cabinet will blink and revoke it. if it goes a few days out there will be a day of rage.
    I wouldn't actually mind the UK cancelling Art 50 on the 29th of March. It would give the EU the proper motivation to rework Article 50 so this bullshit doesn't happen again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yes, you are. I see no way out of this the way these guys are behaving. In the end, they'll have a silly vote on March 28th to not crash out but still honour the vote of the people in the referendum and the world just won't care.
    Are you following developments in Parliament at the moment? That's what I'm referring to... it's clear there's been a decisive shift to Leave. May's having a good day. Grieve and Cooper's amendments have failed. Brady's amendment may pass, she'll go back to the EU, they'll say no, her deal will be voted down on Feb 13, and we'll crash out. It is exactly, I hate to say it, as Pann and Dribbles have predicted.

There is still another opportunity for MPs to vote on the Brexit process.

When May returns from what?
    "returns from discussions with the EU on removing the backstop"
    The Brady amendment that is likely to pass at the end of today gives her two weeks to remove the backstop, at which point there will be another debate to see how she did and a vote. When she comes back and says no, the ERG and co have already said they will take back their support, so if nothing else changes at that point we are left with -
    And what's on Valentine's day?
    The promised day of the second "meaningful" vote on her deal.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-01-29 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was it along party lines?
    More Leave Labour MPs voted with the Tories and less Remain Tories with Labour than predicted

Are you following developments in Parliament at the moment? That's what I'm referring to... it's clear there's been a decisive shift to Leave. May's having a good day. Grieve and Cooper's amendments have failed. Brady's amendment may pass, she'll go back to the EU, they'll say no, her deal will be voted down on Feb 13, and we'll crash out. It is exactly, I hate to say it, as Pann and Dribbles have predicted.
    Was there ever a majority for remain? Cons have said they will deliver Brexit and Labour the same if they got into office, it's only the SNP, LDs and Greens that have really been for remain.

I wouldn't panic over no deal just yet.

so what are the upsides of martial law lads?
    The army gets to stretch their legs and shoot rubber-balls at angry mobs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I wouldn't panic over no deal just yet.
    Don't panic? Are you kidding?

If you're insulated from the economic effects of no deal, fucking ay! If you're not, yes, it's time now to panic.

Good luck all you stupid fuckers with no money who voted for Brexit. You really are fucked now.

The knowledge that Irish citizen registration + passport application was worth the money?

I'm watching it, have watched it on and off throughout the afternoon, too. This isn't the true picture. Tories are united, it seems, but not because they're convinced to leave, but mostly because they disagree with the extensions and delays that would entail. I think some of them want to stay in the EU (one of them outright said it) but still voted these amendments down in the hopes of forcing May's hand... or something. It's all meaningless anyway, since the EU won't renegotiate. Something that has been made clear for months by now. I fear the Commons is suffering from some acute form of perceiption disability or disturbance of cognitive functions dealing with information they hear/read, perhaps... it's definitely something for psychologists to look at.

I've speculated about a hard Brexit very early, too. It's one of the reasons why I am so frustrated and angry at times. Once I realised the problem with NI, I knew it couldn't be done. Even if every party involved wanted it with all their might, it is impossible to avoid the border or avoid Brexit altogether. Both can't work. So, it seems you (yes, the UK) will break the GFA. If I was you, I'd start looking for a garage to park my car in during the day... you don't want it standing near those car bombs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't panic? Are you kidding?

If you're insulated from the economic effects of no deal, fucking ay! If you're not, yes, it's time now to panic.

Good luck all you stupid fuckers with no money who voted for Brexit. You really are fucked now.
    LOL calm down dear, great night for me. Slight correction to your earlier comments :- The EU are crashing out, the UK are cashing in!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    "returns from discussions with the EU on removing the backstop"
    The Brady amendment that is likely to pass at the end of today gives her two weeks to remove the backstop, at which point there will be another debate to see how she did and a vote. When she comes back and says no, the ERG and co have already said they will take back their support, so if nothing else changes at that point we are left with -

The promised day of the second "meaningful" vote on her deal.
    Well... this makes me angry again. Those imbeciles can have her go to Brussels daily and get a daily response of laughter. How long until even the densest politician in the UK ACTUALLY listens to the words that are coming out of the mouths of literally every EU official in Brussels?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, from what I see, you can go fuckit and start a civil war. Martial law is one of the conditions that have to be met for your unrest to be justified enough for the masses to back you. Make sure to get rid of the Queen, if she can't prevent this, what's the use of having her?