View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Shadow Priest View Post
    Kind of says it all, really.
    We were offered to join capitalism, and we did.

What you're seeing is Russians learning from you, not some unique Russian skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Amen - long extension with specific conditions, or nothing.
    Just to add it here, I edited the quoted post, the bunch of morons are the politicians in the UK, not the people of the UK. They only consist of 52% morons.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Just to add it here, I edited the quoted post, the bunch of morons are the politicians in the UK, not the people of the UK. They only consist of 52% morons.
    Turnout was 71.8%, so technically only 37% of the UK population were/are morons

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post

What you're seeing is Russians learning from you, not some unique Russian skill.
    Yes, but in fairness there is a happy medium that exists between a capitalist utopia and ownership of the means of production.

Y'know

I've got some eggs, you've got some flour?

We can make pancakes if we can find a cow.
    Last edited by LeGin Tufnel; 2019-03-15 at 11:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    As far as Russia is concerned the limit should be "all". As in block all Russian money and trade. This has nothing to do with gullibility, everytime people like you claim the EU is "gullible" for punishing Russian meddling, I'm inclined to ask for more punishments.

- - - Updated - - -

First: "Deal" got shot down twice already. I simply do not think it'll make a comeback and be passed the third time. If it does, let's talk about it then. Until that time this is just an academic question that I could answer with... "Sure, an extension of a couple weeks in which you still won't be able to manage anything." See, the UK's "deal" plan is to block the M25 to use as a parking lot for lorries that are trying to get into Dover port. Legislate all you want, it won't make you prepared. But as I said, this is an academic question in any case.

Second: "No deal" requires no legislation on the EU side. Whatever happens in the UK is not our problem, not our concern (at that stage) and ultimately, none of our business. The legality on this is very unambiguous and sufficient. If you get no deal, on March29th, 10pm GMT the treaties will cease to apply to you. Whatever you legislate or don't... that's your problem.

Third: We kept telling you that this would end in a crash out Brexit. We've told you lot for 2 years. The UK didn't want to listen to experts, this is what they get. Why should the EU grant an extension to a bunch of morons (UK politicians) that don't listen? What exactly does the EU gain from it? How much longer of pity negotiations does the UK need exactly until we can conclude this sad state of affairs? Because they won't stop asking after this extension.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't malice. This is pure and unadulterated pragmatism. This is me accepting what the UK put in motion. I don't wish harm to anyone, nor am I taking a perverse kind of pleasure out of "punishing" the UK as some morons here like to think. I'm simply trying to explain that the EU doesn't see a point in an extension that isn't about a GE (with a possibility of a Remain Gouvernment turning this around) or a straight up revocation of A50.

The time for negotiations are over. Prepare yourself. Right the fuck now would be a good time to start. Scramble.
    I wouldn't be so sure that the deal won't pass 3rd or 4th time. If you take revoking A50 off the table, I'm not 100% about this but am pretty sure there is not the time for lords scrutiny and parliamentary enactment of the necessary legislation before March 29th to enable that option, all that's left is May's deal with a short techincal extension or a long extension or no deal perhaps with a short technical extension. Presuming the EU offer one. Which perhaps is likely between meaningful vote 3 and MV4 after the EU offer.

If the 2 choices on the table at the 4th meaningful vote attempt are May's deal or a long extension, Mays deal probably wins.
    If no extension is offered by the EU then the 2 choices are no deal or May's deal, again Mays deal probably wins.

But fuck knows now really.

Of course I want no deal, but May's deal as a stepping stone to further distancing from the EU by the UK in the future is something I'll hate the taste of but might have to swallow.

For now.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Stop derailing the thread. Nobody gives a shit about Russia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure that the deal won't pass 3rd or 4th time. If you take revoking A50 off the table, I'm not 100% about this but am pretty sure there is not the time for lords scrutiny and parliamentary enactment of the necessary legislation before March 29th to enable that option, all that's left is May's deal with a short techincal extension or a long extension or no deal perhaps with a short technical extension. Presuming the EU offer one. Which perhaps is likely between meaningful vote 3 and MV4 after the EU offer.

If the 2 choices on the table at the 4th meaningful vote attempt are May's deal or a long extension, Mays deal probably wins.
    If no extension is offered by the EU then the 2 choices are no deal or May's deal, again Mays deal probably wins.

Of course I want no deal, but May's deal as a stepping stone to further distancing from the EU by the UK in the future is something I'll hate the taste of but might have to swallow.

For now.
    You keep writing as if the UK was in the driving seat... that's cute. There won't be an extension. You've got your wish, the hardest of crash outs. It's as good as sealed at this stage. Well done. You can watch your neighbours suffer. Isn't that awesome? There's words that describe people like you, but I can't use them here. Rest assured, you don't deserve anything but the utmost disgust.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

For now.
    Have you also had a port or two? That's the first time I've read you swear.... I'm disappointed You've done so well up until now.

Sadly, I agree that this is likely to come to pass. If the choice becomes fundamentally: revoke A50 or May's Deal, then it's going to be May's Deal isn't it?

But what you lot have to be aware of is this: as a result I won't pay my taxes. I hope you're willing to pay my share (or do some similar evading).

Sadly, I agree that this is likely to come to pass
    The DUP checkbook is coming out again in anticipation.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You keep writing as if the UK was in the driving seat... that's cute. There won't be an extension. You've got your wish, the hardest of crash outs. It's as good as sealed at this stage. Well done. You can watch your neighbours suffer. Isn't that awesome? There's words that describe people like you, but I can't use them here. Rest assured, you don't deserve anything but the utmost disgust.
    Look I know it hurts you but the EU has no skin in the game for this decision. The UK is totally in the driving seat.

The desperate for UK money EU will be highly likely to offer an extension between MV3 and MV4, of course I hope they don't. But if they do or they don't, the UK will drive the outcome forward and the impotent EU must sit twiddling their thumbs, with their begging hands outstretched, awaiting that UK decision.

In no way are the EU in control of UK/EU future relations, that's all on the UK.

Brexit, once again, demonstrably taking back control. The only thing that disgusts you is watching democracy in action.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

The desperate for UK money EU
    Honestly feels bad when this is all you have left to say

The only thing that disgusts you is watching democracy in action.
    Nope, this is a perversion of democratic process and nothing good will come of it.

GN all

7+ Year Old Account
    Have you also had a port or two? That's the first time I've read you swear.... I'm disappointed You've done so well up until now.

Sadly, I agree that this is likely to come to pass. If the choice becomes fundamentally: revoke A50 or May's Deal, then it's going to be May's Deal isn't it?

But what you lot have to be aware of is this: as a result I won't pay my taxes. I hope you're willing to pay my share (or do some similar evading).
    No one is going to be happy Nigel. You or I. But no I don't think revocation of article 50 is an option (time constraints) so it's May's deal or no deal only on the table now. Which would you bet on?

Honestly feels bad when this is all you have left to say
    You think they are not desperate for UK money? IMHO it is better that EU funding comes out of Slants pocket rather than mine. And it will without UK money...

That thought makes me happy, nighty night too.

You think they are not desperate for UK money? IMHO it is better that EU funding comes out of Slants pocket rather than mine. And it will without UK money...

That thought makes me happy, nighty night too.
    How do you feel about billions of pounds (of your money, no less) being spent on Irish mercenaries? And, according to reports, that'll be going up next week to bribe the DUP into voting for the deal.

We were talking about Browder and other UK influence in EU, you're the one who derailed it to Russia. Try actually not giving a shit, or make a proper argument rather then fantasy wishlist.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but in fairness there is a happy medium that exists between a capitalist utopia and ownership of the means of production.
    Y'know
    I've got some eggs, you've got some flour?
    We can make pancakes if we can find a cow.
    Yes, that's how it is supposed to work.

Just sell us things and buy ours, don't teach us how to live - we can learn it ourselves just fine.

If social progress is inevitable we'll get there eventually; and if it isn't then it's quite dangerous to force it.

The Brexit Betrayal march is certainly going well - Farage will not be completing it, and only 350 people actually signed up.

@dribbles how is the weather? Presumably you are out there representing your country with pride?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-03-16 at 09:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Brexit Betrayal march is certainly going well - Farage will not be completing it, and only 350 people actually signed up.

@dribbles how is the weather? Presumably you are out there representing your country with pride?
    I'm not going north of Watford for anything, it's grim up there and not just the weather.

And in any case, the bigger picture is "Boris Johnson is Tory voters’ favourite to take over as party leader"

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...ader-f8jlnfzmh
    https://www.oddschecker.com/politics...prime-minister

The price of Mays deal passing is her resignation, I wonder who will replace her and what Brexit 2.0 will look like under the next PM Are you ready for that remainers? bwahahahaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    How do you feel about billions of pounds (of your money, no less) being spent on Irish mercenaries? And, according to reports, that'll be going up next week to bribe the DUP into voting for the deal.
    UK money spent in the UK rather than frittered away in the EU, what could be wrong with that?
    Last edited by dribbles; 2019-03-16 at 10:02 AM.

I'm not going north of Watford for anything, it's grim up there and not just the weather.
    How unexpectedly unpatriotic of you, I'm completely shocked.

I wonder who will replace her and what Brexit 2.0 will look like under the next PM Are you ready for that remainers? bwahahahaaaaa
    My irish passport says you can all do what you want at that point, so good luck
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-03-16 at 10:15 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    How unexpectedly unpatriotic of you, I'm completely shocked.

My irish passport says you can all do what you want at that point, so good luck
    Another deserter? But don't worry we are, we will. The only thing the UK needs to learn from the Brexit process is it should be easier to deselect MP's who do not represent their constituency. Good news and that begins today, all MP's should take note and ask "am I next?"

https://twitter.com/LincsAreaTeam/st...55322700967936

Time to drain the swamp!

If one of the effects of Brexit is that Johnson becomes Prime Minister I'm gonna be severely disappointed with the swathes of mentally ill in the UK if not one of them at least TRIES to shoot him in the chest a few times.

If we're gonna have politicians shot and killed over this can it at least be the opportunistic cunts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It will be interesting to see the day after for the UK political parties. Maybe this mess will fracture them enough to kill the two party system?
    The British don't WANT to kill the two party system we don't WANT more control over our laws and shit, which is why the "muh sovereignty" argument was a load of horseshit from day 1 it just sounds more palatable than "I really fucking don't like non British people" as an excuse.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It will be interesting to see the day after for the UK political parties. Maybe this mess will fracture them enough to kill the two party system?
    Tories are starting to poll lower - look at these numbers compared to mid February:

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/sta...92944542498816

LAB-S&D: 39% (+4)
    CON-ECR: 35% (-5)
    LDEM-ALDE: 10%
    UKIP-ENF: 5%
    SNP-G/EFA: 3% (+1)
    PC-G/EFA: 0%

+/- 18 Feb. '19
    Field work: 15/03/19
    Sample size: 1,007