View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    EU official says that when leaders asked May what she was going to do if her deal was voted down, she would only reply that she was following her 'Plan A' of getting it through. It was then they decided 'she didn't have a plan so they needed to come up with one for her'.
    The real travesty is we knew this in December. I don't think we will ever see someone with a focus as myopic as May again in our life times...or at least.you hope anyway lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    The real travesty is we knew this in December. I don't think we will ever see someone with a focus as myopic as May again in our life times...or at least.you hope anyway lol.
    I saw that earlier, it's absolutely terrifying and sums up the last three wasted years.

Fuck this government, and the leader of the opposition for letting her get away with this shit.

So basically May has been laughed out of the EU meeting. Her standard delivery style of "answer no questions and repeat meaningless platitudes" didn't go down well. Who knew?

Her deal will now fail, probably by a margin somewhere between the first record failure and the second. Parliament will then vote to take no-deal out of the game, and will probably then sort out getting some indicative votes done in time for 14 April. Then they can go back to the EU with a plan for moving forward (probably a second referendum). The country votes again, this time as a choice between clearly defined options. Remain wins, and we wake up in a shower and it was all a dream.

Like I said dribbles. Dream. Dead.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

There will be a real question of basic legitimacy to the British government if they are still in the EU on April 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So basically May has been laughed out of the EU meeting. Her standard delivery style of "answer no questions and repeat meaningless platitudes" didn't go down well. Who knew?

Her deal will now fail, probably by a margin somewhere between the first record failure and the second. Parliament will then vote to take no-deal out of the game, and will probably then sort out getting some indicative votes done in time for 14 April. Then they can go back to the EU with a plan for moving forward (probably a second referendum). The country votes again, this time as a choice between clearly defined options. Remain wins, and we wake up in a shower and it was all a dream.

Where did you hear this? I've looked high and low, I don't see any hard evidence on how the meeting went. Just a lot of speculation.

Edit: Ah, got it. Apparently Reuters has access to a draft of the compromise...

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKCN1R22KI

So, the gun's cocked. The game is on... who will pull the trigger? And who will it hit? Political russian roulette is funny!
    Last edited by Slant; 2019-03-21 at 10:39 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Where did you hear this? I've looked high and low, I don't see any hard evidence on how the meeting went. Just a lot of speculation.

So, the gun's cocked. The game is on... who will pull the trigger? And who will it hit? Political russian roulette is funny!
    There was a comment from an aide at the meeting:

"She didn’t even give clarity if she is organising a vote. Asked three times what she would do if she lost the vote, she couldn’t say. It was awful. Dreadful. Evasive even by her standards."

She couldn't come up with a plan, so they came up with one for her. Any remaining suggestion of power she had has now gone. It's up to Parliament to take it from here. Hence my suggestion of how it progresses from this point.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

https://twitter.com/eucopresident/st...55848200257536

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Tusk
    EU27 unanimously agrees on its response to UK’s requests. I will now meet PM @theresa_may. #brexit #euco
    The offer has been unanimously agreed on by the EU27, so that's what is on the table.

The text of the full communiqué is as follows:

1. The European Council takes note of the letter of Prime Minister Theresa May of 20 March 2019.

2. In response, the European Council approves the Instrument relating to the Withdrawal Agreement and the Joint Statement supplementing the Political Declaration agreed between the European Commission and the government of the United Kingdom in Strasbourg on 11 March 2019.

3. The European Council agrees to an extension until 22 May 2019, provided the Withdrawal Agreement is approved by the House of Commons next week. If the Withdrawal Agreement is not approved by the House of Commons next week, the European Council agrees to an extension until 12 April 2019 and expects the United Kingdom to indicate a way forward before this date for consideration by the European Council.

4. The European Council reiterates that there can be no opening of the Withdrawal Agreement that was agreed between the Union and the United Kingdom in November 2018. Any unilateral commitment, statement or other act should be compatible with the letter and the spirit of the Withdrawal Agreement.

5. The European Council calls for work to be continued on preparedness and contingency at all levels for the consequences of the United Kingdom’s withdrawal, taking into account all possible outcomes.

6. The European Council will remain seized of the matter.
    Meanwhile, the petition to revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU has crossed the 2 million signatories mark.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-03-21 at 10:48 PM.

I hope everyone, even the densest idiot in the HoC (Hi, Corbyn... yes, I'm looking at you, moron) understands now that renegotiations are not going to happen. This is official, this is the voice of the 27 remaining member states. Do not even attempt at debating anything other than the WA. Yes, we know you think it's stupid, Corbyn, but nobody gives a shit what the opposition leader of the UK thinks...

And... to lighten the mood, POLANDBALL!

Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

Nope, these EU meetings show the desperation of Brussels to keep the UK in at any cost - they can't afford to lose us. They should have offered Cameron his cake when he asked for a slice - the UK leaving is all on the EU. Parliament cannot take no deal off the table in a week or 4 weeks. All they can do is change/extend the date of A50.

Secondary legislation (like a statutory instrument - usual timescale 6 weeks) never trumps primary legislation (usual timescale from draft to law months and months). No deal is primary legislation.

We are leaving, as sure as night follows day. And no, you are not getting a second referendum. Dream on...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    If they suddenly vote to stay, can we start a referendum to get them kicked?

Don't want such people infesting the EU parliament any more.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Nope, these EU meetings show the desperation of Brussels to keep the UK in at any cost - they can't afford to lose us. They should have offered Cameron his cake when he asked for a slice - the UK leaving is all on the EU. Parliament cannot take no deal off the table in a week or 4 weeks. All they can do is change/extend the date of A50.

Secondary legislation (like a statutory instrument - usual timescale 6 weeks) never trumps primary legislation (usual timescale from draft to law months and months). No deal is primary legislation.

We are leaving, as sure as night follows day. And no, you are not getting a second referendum. Dream on...
    Have you adjusted your alarm clock to take the extra two weeks into account?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If they suddenly vote to stay, can we start a referendum to get them kicked?

Don't want such people infesting the EU parliament any more.
    We'd veto it.

God why do people want to give that up?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Have you adjusted your alarm clock to take the extra two weeks into account?
    No need, as it stands it is accurate. Parliament has until 5.45 pm on Monday to amend it. Will they vote for that? They have to so don't bank on it - still game on for March 29th... tick tock...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    We'd veto it.

God why do people want to give that up?
    I rather take the economic loss if it comes with cleaning out a disruptive nation. You voted for said politicians, the majority are in favour of a brexit, a large part of the nation is in favour of it, nothing has changed the same people are still in charge and remaining in charge.

We have far more important matters at hand than to cater to your needs while demanding more special treatment you never deserved in the first place, not to mention you didn't earn to keep it at all the last decades.

I rather take the economic loss if it comes with cleaning out a disruptive nation. You voted for said politicians, the majority are in favour of a brexit, a large part of the nation is in favour of it, nothing has changed the same people are still in charge and remaining in charge.

We have far more important matters at hand than to cater to your needs while demanding more special treatment you never deserved in the first place, not to mention you didn't earn to keep it at all the last decades.
    Agreed.

On the bright side, the press conference ended in an amusing statement from Tusk when asked if hell had to be enlarged for the British MPs. Apparently, the pope said hell is empty, so there'd be plenty of space... ominous, if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account

Again, you couldn't. We would veto it.

Also, most MPs voted to remain, and all recent polls of the public lean toward remain.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

Lets just say you are right. Lets just say that they can't take no-deal off. Lets say we are facing leaving with no-deal. You know what happens next? Article 50 gets revoked. Because Parliament would do that before they let no-deal happen.

You should be praying for a second referendum, because that's the only thing that can keep your dream alive a little bit longer. You can pretend that you aren't going to lose that vote. If that vote doesn't happen, it all ends, and not in the way you want.

Parliament is going to go for any option before no-deal. Option A, option B. All the way through the alphabet. No-deal would be option Z. And who is Z?

Zs dead baby. Zs dead.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegDat...)554167_EN.pdf

You may find this interesting reading, as it discusses the mechanisms the EU has for sanctioning and redress of member states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Again, you couldn't. We would veto it.

Also, most MPs voted to remain, and all recent polls of the public lean toward remain.
    Don't care your national politics is a clown shit feista, and the EU is not the UK's nanny to use a scape goat while you break.

Most MP's voted to remain, the public is leaning towards remain. I don't believe it, not one bit. If that was true why isn't remain on the table? Why has it only now resurfaced? Is it because the UK as a whole was in favour of trying to blackmail the EU for more benefits?

I see no reason to keep you guys in, no benefit other than economic reasons, you don't bring anything to the table. Name one thing you recently did that was good for the EU?

The war you dragged us in with the americans that started this whole shit show immigration stream? London being Russia's and others way to clean criminal money inside the EU? The economic instability that has came from the Brexit?

Go on name one thing you did for the EU lately that you could say, well that actually contributed something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegDat...)554167_EN.pdf

You may find this interesting reading, as it discusses the mechanisms the EU has for sanctioning and redress of member states.
    I'm aware they can veto it, i simply don't want any more brits in the EU. Your entire politics is toxic and we have more important issues to deal with and we need to do that in partnership with member states who have mentally mature representatives.

Go on name one thing you did for the EU lately that you could say, well that actually contributed something.
    Showed EU member states what leaving would be like?