View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    C'mon @Vermented

Just one sentence that's grammatical. Can you manage it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    No. Let's start with you.

You wrote:

When you life in a democracy it's your duty to make balanced choices. The more intelligent people are usually more aware of that necessity.

Literally, what you wrote is ungrammatical. Try again and let's have a proper debate.
    Grammernazi.... You're not getting away with this, though i really don't give anything about you hehehe.

I'm not English so i don't give a F.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermented View Post
    When you life in a democracy it's your duty to make balanced choices. The more intelligent people are usually more aware of that necessity.
    Most people don't have the time to research everything they would need to research in order to make informed decisions. The goal is not to make a "balanced" decision, the goal is to make an informed decision. Balance has nothing to do with it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Grammernazi.... You're not getting away with this, though i really don't give anything about you hehehe.

I'm not English so i don't give a F.
    Yes. I think we've gathered you don't give a fuck.

Which is exactly why there are very little fucks to be given about anything you have to offer to the debate.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Most people don't have the time to research everything they would need to research in order to make informed decisions. The goal is not to make a "balanced" decision, the goal is to make an informed decision. Balance has nothing to do with it.
    Every choice has "pro's" and "con's". Those who can't find the balance in that are not that intelligent.

No, Slant. The emphasis is on a) UK being a representative democracy and b) referenda being instruments of dictators.

And I, for one, am fucking bored with trolls in this thread nation-bashing. So - he can fuck off.

Anything more to say @Vermented?

Like to have a pop? Go on.

- - - Updated - - -

Every choice has "pro's" and "con's". Those who can't find the balance in that are not that intelligent.
    You're trolling. Fuck off.

- - - Updated - - -

The time has come for people to stop hiding behind avatars on the internet. OK?

You want to say you want the British out of the EU? Fair enough. I've got more respect for Acidbaron who comes out and says it. I have much sympathy with the poster's viewpoint. Can the UK in its current state ever be a worthwhile contributor? Probably not.

But do fuck off with the snarky, "they're all thick" bullshit. It's just fucking crap.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Tee hee. Given up on your "no deal will happen you can't stop it" and now you are relying on an election to get your dream for you? Tories are the only party that will stand on anything but the softest of possible Brexits. They might be the only one that will stand without a promise of a second referendum. It will still be BINO or nothing at the end of it. But at least you've started to shift your expectations. We will get you back to reality one small step at a time.
    Given up, never. Boles has resigned, Grieve faces a vote of no confidence from his association on, get this, March 29th and this is just the beginning. Boris is on manoeuvres, (excuse the French), I dunno if you are blind or choosing to look the other way but without doubt the Tories are quickly moving further away from remaining towards a clean brexit.

No deal is not just on the table, it is the damn table.

The democratic will of the people will prevail. So tee hee to me yes, a yah boo for you too!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

FFS

You two need to get a room.

What's with all this tee-heeing? It's worse than listening to the pillow talk of two love-stricken teenagers.

Apologies for my bad temper this eve... nociceptive pain.

Yep, exactly.

You can debate her exact position on the list of worst PM ever, but the general jist is she's been pretty fucking bad.
    That's all I meant really; I hadn't meant for it to come off like some kind of "actually she didn't do/isn't doing too badly" at all. Just I feel, even if it may be a 'done and dusted' affair, that Cameron doesn't nearly get enough shit for the on-going situation. And I get flinging shit at him doesn't achieve anything. Still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    are we dead yet?
    A bit like punk: not quite, but we stink a bit.

You should have claimed asylum in whatever country it was you working in.

7+ Year Old Account
    FFS

You two need to get a room.

What's with all this tee-heeing? It's worse than listening to the pillow talk of two love-stricken teenagers.

Apologies for my bad temper this eve... nociceptive pain.
    Oh LeGin cheer up, all this talk of Theresa May being the worst PM ever, worse than Blair, worse than Brown, Cameron,Major have I missed any? Makes you wish Maggie was back in charge doesn't it? There was someone that could swing a handbag...

Anyhow you being a musical chap and all here's a tune for your pain, nurofen at the ready for afterwards

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    /snip
    Ha.

That's very well done. Who is this guy?

7+ Year Old Account
    Ha.

That's very well done. Who is this guy?
    I dunno, he wasn't at the London gathering yesterday? Guess he is the voice of 17+ million people lol

I dunno, he wasn't at the London gathering yesterday? Guess he is the voice of 17+ million people lol
    https://dominicfrisby.com

My first book, Life After The State, (‘Extraordinary’, James Harding, director of BBC News; ‘Incredibly thought-provoking,’ Al Murray; ‘Brilliant,’ Steve Baker, MP) has nothing to do with comedy. It is a book of political and economic philosophy.

Nor does my second book. Bitcoin – the Future of Money? (‘A great account. Read it!’ Sir Richard Branson), which tells the amazing story of bitcoin.

I am a keen after-dinner and conference speaker.

I think I’m the only comedian in the whole world who also writes a financial column, which gives me a unique edge. My after-dinner speeches seem to go down particularly well when the dinner is related in some way to the worlds of finance, trading and investing, stock markets, economics, mining (I’ve got a great after-dinner speech on technical analysis and another good one on mining) and so on. (Enquiries here). Here’re some extracts from odd bits that have been filmed.

And here’re some testimonials –

“Your after-dinner speech, as well as being extremely funny, was very intelligent – pitched at just the right level for the event. Everyone is still talking about it. I could see a great deal of thought had gone into it and you helped make the night a great success. Thank you!’
    Charles Morris, Head of Absolute Return, HSBC

etc.

- - - Updated - - -

In short:

P.S. anyone with a vague interest in Spinal Tap, please take a sec to watch this

Again, it is not a question of balance. It's a question of making the right choice, that's why we call it an informed decision.

- - - Updated - - -

No, Slant. The emphasis is on a) UK being a representative democracy and b) referenda being instruments of dictators.
    Well, yes. And no. But I know what you mean. Don't let the Swiss hear you, though.

And I think you've heard all the people's "UK out" stuff by now. There won't be much more of it. Most people don't want the UK out, I'm fairly certain @Acidbaron isn't outright arguing to kick the UK out no matter what. I'm ambivalent on that matter myself. In its current political state? Useless. Undemocratic. Couldn't join the EU if they had to apply for it. But I believe the UK can do better than t his. And I'm sure Acidbaron wouldn't be as dramatic as he sounded the last time if he didn't have to read the bullshit these Russian trollbots are writing "on behalf" of the British people. I mean look at Dribbles, he pretends to be British but everytime he posts, you sense he just wants the country to burn. And the EU along with it.

- - - Updated - - -

The perfect description of what's wrong with Brexit. This is why modern democracies only allow destructive votes (delete X, in this case membership) in very rare cases. I.e. you can't just call on a vote to remove something unless you want to replace it with something constructive, something better or equal but more tailored to the modern age.

Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, it is not a question of balance. It's a question of making the right choice, that's why we call it an informed decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, yes. And no. But I know what you mean. Don't let the Swiss hear you, though.

And I think you've heard all the people's "UK out" stuff by now. There won't be much more of it. Most people don't want the UK out, I'm fairly certain @Acidbaron isn't outright arguing to kick the UK out no matter what. I'm ambivalent on that matter myself. In its current political state? Useless. Undemocratic. Couldn't join the EU if they had to apply for it. But I believe the UK can do better than t his. And I'm sure Acidbaron wouldn't be as dramatic as he sounded the last time if he didn't have to read the bullshit these Russian trollbots are writing "on behalf" of the British people. I mean look at Dribbles, he pretends to be British but everytime he posts, you sense he just wants the country to burn. And the EU along with it.

- - - Updated - - -

The perfect description of what's wrong with Brexit. This is why modern democracies only allow destructive votes (delete X, in this case membership) in very rare cases. I.e. you can't just call on a vote to remove something unless you want to replace it with something constructive, something better or equal but more tailored to the modern age.
    /Yawn. Cartoons about roundabouts from the FT is what you EU anti-democrats and remainers have now to resort to? Desperate.

The roundabout didn't have 5 exits, it had 2. Let's remind ourselves of those...

10+ Year Old Account
    The roundabout had more than 2 exits, because "leave the European Union" is incredibly vague about what that actually means about the future relationship between Britain and the EU
    Last edited by zealo; 2019-03-25 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    The roundabout had more than 2 exits, because "leave the European Union" is incredibly vague about what that actually means about the future relationship between Britain and the UK.
    It is pretty specific turn that once made can split to different routes.

It is clear that decision not to continue on the old road have been made though.

/Yawn. Cartoons about roundabouts from the FT is what you EU anti-democrats and remainers have now to resort to? Desperate.

The roundabout didn't have 5 exits, it had 2. Let's remind ourselves of those...

See, you think trying to discredit the FT is somehow scoring points, but you're really just looking like a fool. And since you haven't paid attention, what you think "leave the European Union" means is not what the other Brexiteers think it means. You're in the minority.

So to use your language... clinging to a bad poll technique a first-semester statistician would have been chased out of uni for is what you're resorting to? Desperate.
    Last edited by Slant; 2019-03-25 at 11:33 AM.

So if we got a Norway-style arrangement - kept paying into the EU, kept following all EU regulations, keep free movement of people and join Schengen - that would be completely okay with Brexit supporters because we would no longer be members of the European Union?