View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Its obvious that you have no idea whatsoever. Making deals and then breaking them months after, puts you in a place where making deals with the UK wont happen, since you've shown no respect for them at all.
    That's not how it works at all though.

US broken plenty of deals and still gets them.

Try pushing for deals that actually benefit other side or resolve their needs rather then forcing them through legal hand-wringing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its obvious that you have no idea whatsoever. Making deals and then breaking them months after, puts you in a place where making deals with the UK wont happen, since you've shown no respect for them at all.

Luckily not even Boris Johnson is that stupid. Face it, May's deal is best case scenario for you at this point.
    May's deal is the beginning of a process not the end, all parties to it understand that. The place we depart to will look nothing like it did when we arrive. That deal negotiated by a remainer PM will not be the same once massaged by a new pro Brexit, pro UK one, to the detriment of the EU.

And remainers putting their faith in Monday's non binding indicative votes are dreaming of unicorns and fairies at the end of the garden if they think that is a solution. It has no bearing on brexiteers now moving to support the disgraceful, thankfully temporary short term May deal.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I'm starting to get confused.

Didn't they ask for a extension to come up with a plan, only to reject every single suggestion now? Just how long is this shitshow going to continue. Let then crash already.
    Yes it can look a bit confusing but they didn't reject anything yesterday, they simply had an evening where everyone was asked their opinion on what form Brexit should take. Even if one of the options presented had a majority it still wouldn't solve anything because it's up to the Government (that's May and her front bench) whether they even take the suggestion on board and try to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    May's deal is the beginning of a process not the end, all parties to it understand that. The place we depart to will look nothing like it did when we arrive. That deal negotiated by a remainer PM will not be the same once massaged by a new pro Brexit, pro UK one, to the detriment of the EU.

And remainers putting their faith in Monday's non binding indicative votes are dreaming of unicorns and fairies at the end of the garden if they think that is a solution. It has no bearing on brexiteers now moving to support the disgraceful, thankfully temporary short term May deal.
    Tick tock, bitch, your clock was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    That's not how it works at all though.

US broken plenty of deals and still gets them.

Try pushing for deals that actually benefit other side or resolve their needs rather then forcing them through legal hand-wringing.
    The UK is not the US. The EU is the much larger side in a deal with the UK. Honestly I expect your understanding of diplomatic goodwill and accountability to be less than Dribbles.

are the EU that stupid they believe that it is?
    You keep saying this - why do you think the UK accepting a deal and then trying to no deal immediately afterwards puts the EU in a weaker position?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-03-28 at 10:59 AM.

I don't think you will find anyone who says that May's deal is a good deal however legally it takes us outside the EU. As a first step, a deal that can be torn apart by a more UK friendly PM over the coming months is better than nothing.
    Why bother making a deal if it's just going to be broken and show the UK is an untrustworthy partner in international affairs? Is it becaue people like Johnson and Mogg only care about self promotion and enrichment and couldn't give a fuck about the UK or its people?

This mess is on the remainers and the EU who at every opportunity have done all they can to put road blocks in front of the UK leaving the EU as they want to stop enacting the democratic will of the people.
    The mess is on Cameron for his poorly thought out referendum, May for rushing in to triggering Article 50 and the Leave promoters for their illegal campaign of lies.

We would not be in this position if the government had a strong majority and a leader such as Boris Johnson.
    True, but Johnson shat himself and ran because he understood what a terrible idea Brexit really was, and the British people rejected a strong Consevative majority in the Commons.

A general election can fix this as many constituencies, especially Labour, remove MP's who have promised one thing and done the exact opposite. No one can predict what parliament will look like until useless remainer MP's have been held accountable at the ballot box.
    A second referendum would solve it as it would remove the EU issue from UK party politics.

Ah, so you're hoping that the last two years of being schooled by the EU negotiators will suddenly stop? Your wet dreams that somehow the EU will give in is pathetic, the british empire is dead, all that's left is little england.

pro Brexit, pro UK one
    Sorry you can only have one of those. Come on Dribbs, it wasn't long ago you had admitted that Brexit was only beneficial to a small, wealthy percentage of the population and were quite proud of the fact that the Leave campaign's lies had fooled people into voting against their interests, you can't take it back now.

Nations have entered into new agreements and torn up historic deals on a regular basis since the dawn of time. Don't be surprised, this is nothing new. May's bad deal will be a historic deal the day after she is removed, ripe for ripping to pieces. It will have no impact on who will or won't do future deals with the UK.
    I think otherwise. Trust, once wasted, is awful hard to earn again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Why bother making a deal if it's just going to be broken and show the UK is an untrustworthy partner in international affairs? Is it becaue people like Johnson and Mogg only care about self promotion and enrichment and couldn't give a fuck about the UK or its people?

The mess is on Cameron for his poorly thought out referendum, May for rushing in to triggering Article 50 and the Leave promoters for their illegal campaign of lies.

True, but Johnson shat himself and ran because he understood what a terrible idea Brexit really was, and the British people rejected a strong Consevative majority in the Commons.

A second referendum would solve it as it would remove the EU issue from UK party politics.
    A second referendum will fix nothing, parliament can't honour the first why would they a second or third? Only the removal of terrible Theresa, her deal and the installation of a pro UK pro brexit PM delivers the will of the people. Probably followed by a general election where MP's who have ignored the 80% + of them who were mandated to honour and deliver brexit are decimated at that next election.

The UK direction of travel is to a harder split from the EU not softer, despite what you saw yesterday in parliament.

May's deal will not survive that. You know it I know it and the EU should too.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...KCN1R911I?il=0

And now JRM officially folds and joins May's Deal. Because let's face it, if they don't vote for May's Deal today, on Monday a Customs Union or worse for them a 2nd referendum may well get a majority. And they'd rather be a vassal state of the EU but keep the Europeans out of their country than admit they fucked everything up.

So if you are a Remainer, cheer for the DUP to stick to its "principles".
    No he really hasn't.

His support is contingent on DUP support.

He knows they won't do that.

He is appearing conciliatory when in truth he is anything but.

7+ Year Old Account
    The EU knows that Brexiteer David Davis showed up to negotiate with a retarded smile and no papers in hand. They know that neither the ERG not Johnson managed to offer a single credible suggestion over the last three years. And the entire rest of the planet knows that too.
    David Davis couldn't show up with anything, his hands were tied by a remainer PM and her arch remainer guru Olly Robbins. Ditto for the ERG and Johnson. The remainers who led a process they didn't believe in, in collusion with the EU enemy, are wholly responsible for the mess this is in.

The EU is going to have a fun time negotiating with the UK. That is all the commission does after all. Meanwhile the UK has for a decade destroyed its foreign office through austerity and simple lack of local talent and has exposed its political state to be in shambles.
    The EU have seen nothing yet. They have been negotiating with remainers who don't even want Brexit lite. Wait until they come up against people who want and believe in a true clean Brexit, backed by the will of the people.

I think it may help to offer a quiet reminder not everyone from Britain is as mental as dribbles. I know I'm hardly a great ambassador for such a message, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

So, May's deal is going to be voted a third time? So, according to what I've read:

Asking the people for their opinion for a second time is a display of complete disrespect for democracy, because you can't simply go around asking the same question over and over until you get the answer you're looking for. You simply have to respect the answer you got the first time around.

Asking the MPs for their opinion for a third time is a display of democracy, because you can simply ask the same question over and over until you get the answer you're looking for. You simply have to ignore the answer you got the first time around.

I get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by treclolx View Post
    So, May's deal is going to be voted a third time? So, according to what I've read:

Asking the people for their opinion for a second time is a display of complete disrespect for democracy, because you can't simply go around asking the same question over and over until you get the answer you're looking for. You simply have to respect the answer you got the first time around.
    Why hold elections, then? There was one already!

Ah, so you're hoping that the last two years of being schooled by the EU negotiators will suddenly stop? Your wet dreams that somehow the EU will give in is pathetic, the british empire is dead, all that's left is little england.
    What? Are we giving in now? Why? It's almost done. I'm actually quite looking forward to April 12th, doing my last orders of stuff that I need from the UK. Have kept it for too long, really.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trembling in my seat as we speak!
    Good laugh mate
    Did he just dig out that old threat of "no deal"? The one about which the EU just said last week "We've concluded preparations for no deal"?

I mean, this isn't the EU going "Oh, we'll be prepared." this is the EU going "Yeah, we're done. Do your worst." I'm looking forward to the mother of bluffs to impress anyone saying "Do your worst." :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I think it may help to offer a quiet reminder not everyone from Britain is as mental as dribbles. I know I'm hardly a great ambassador for such a message, but still.
    It's a good reminder. We need that once in a while, Dribbles and his fanatic friends create a disproportionally high amount of noise. It's easy to get sidetracked, which is probably their intent to begin with.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

David Davis couldn't show up with anything, his hands were tied by a remainer PM and her arch remainer guru Olly Robbins. Ditto for the ERG and Johnson. The remainers who led a process they didn't believe in, in collusion with the EU enemy, are wholly responsible for the mess this is in.

The EU have seen nothing yet. They have been negotiating with remainers who don't even want Brexit lite. Wait until they come up against people who want and believe in a true clean Brexit, backed by the will of the people.
    'You think this is bad, just wait till we get the real nut jobs in...'

Presumably you will appreciate Dominac Raabs latest intervention @Slant

A second referendum will fix nothing, parliament can't honour the first why would they a second or third? Only the removal of terrible Theresa, her deal and the installation of a pro UK pro brexit PM delivers the will of the people. Probably followed by a general election where MP's who have ignored the 80% + of them who were mandated to honour and deliver brexit are decimated at that next election.

The UK direction of travel is to a harder split from the EU not softer, despite what you saw yesterday in parliament.

May's deal will not survive that. You know it I know it and the EU should too.
    Ah come on Dribbs you know the answer to this. The first referendum was flawed because people who voted "Leave" could have meant anything from a Brexit-in-name-only to a hard crash-and-burn, if it can be taken as a mandate for anything it would be the impossible unicorns and rainbows promised by the law-breaking Leave campaign and that isn't going to happen. What we need is a referendum that puts the realistic options on the table - Hard Brexit, May's deal, other possible EU deals (that would break May's redlines) or giving up and Remaining. The thing is Brexiteers like yourself don't want the public to have a proper referendum based on reality because you know the will of the people would be against what you desire.