View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Splitting something in parts doesn't really change it imo.
    I think it's fair to say that the Govt wasn't playing within the spirit of The Speakers ruling. But they did abide by it technically, or at least enough to muddy the waters so that it would be Bercow who caught flak for shutting it down.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    hmmm, Bercow will not allow a 4th vote anyway unless the motion is different. but if commons is so divided, a PV may gain support as failsafe.
    ...am I the only one who thinks Bercow in Parlament shouting "oooordaaaaah! OOOOooordahhhHHH!", his overly emotive "DIVISOOOOONclearthelobby!" and his weird smirky smugness comes off as Terry Jones doing a Monty Python skit IRL? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    ...am I the only one who thinks Bercow in Parlament shouting "oooordaaaaah! OOOOooordahhhHHH!", his overly emotive "DIVISOOOOONclearthelobby!" and his weird smirky smugness comes off as Terry Jones doing a Monty Python skit IRL? >.>
    I have watched a few other speakers, in the hopes they were as entertaining... they looked like overwhelmed kindergarten teachers not being able to control the coffeinated kid party whirling around them. This doesn't affect me, but Bercow certainly looks more in control than his predecessors.

I remember one dude in particular, a very gentle elderly person going "order.. o-o-order.. order" in a very timid and friendly don't-want-to-disturb voice.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    afaik it is his last term as Speaker anyway, so he doesnt seem to give a fuck now. GE, which will happen likely, will end his term also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I remember one dude in particular, a very gentle elderly person going "order.. o-o-order.. order" in a very timid and friendly don't-want-to-disturb voice.
    Ahh, Michael Martin. He was pretty spineless and let the Labour government get away with just about anything.

Bercow may end up staying longer than the summer, partially due to the fact Brexit demands a strong Speaker to get through this mess and partially because there are elements of the Conservative government to deny him life peerage, which is traditionally bestowed upon a retiring Speaker.

His level of confidence and "honey badger don't care" esque attitude is exactly what the House needs. He's truly delivered a sense of neutrality in his proceedings, and the Commons will be worse off when he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Ahh, Michael Martin. He was pretty spineless and let the Labour government get away with just about anything.

Bercow may end up staying longer than the summer, partially due to the fact Brexit demands a strong Speaker to get through this mess and partially because there are elements of the Conservative government to deny him life peerage, which is traditionally bestowed upon a retiring Speaker.

His level of confidence and "honey badger don't care" esque attitude is exactly what the House needs. He's truly delivered a sense of neutrality in his proceedings, and the Commons will be worse off when he goes.
    Yeah, he needs to take care not to get baited by the publicity, though. At times it feels like he knows exactly what he's doing when he does his antics. It shouldn't be self serving. Well, I would say that if I cared, really... not my parliament, he can do whatever the hell he wants. I'm just here for the entertainment.

- - - Updated - - -

We keep saying this, they keep ignoring us... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched a bit of BBC earlier when waking up (YAY nightshift -.-) you had conservatives still using the same shitty rhetoric. "We have to make every vote count!" but they can keep on voting on the same deal till it actually passes but people only get one vote. People still claiming that the EU will grant more time just willy nilly. That talk show episode should simply be called the great denial.

There was perhaps two people who were reasonable, one who claimed that EU reform has to happen from within and just because 'cameron' failed it doesn't mean it is a failed cause.

But hey still no consensus and people still thinking the EU will suddenly change after 3 years. Part of me wonders, is a no deal really the worst alternative? Considering these folks are the ones you elected now going to negotiate with that same EU your trade deal with them. And i can tell you right now you're going to lose billions if not more because they are going to try to appease a small electorate of fishermen (ex) who simply are going to be out of a job in a decade or so anyway because they don't know what the quotas are for except the EU is simply evil :/

ps: to go into more specifics, i'm aware of a model coming to the BMW plant in the netherlands, something that supposedly is made primairly in the UK, a production line has been frozen for adjustments and other adjustments are being made elsewhere. Additional space has been created to create a larger buffer zone for parts from england. Even if the brexit is undone, i got a feeling for the large part the damage is done and the german car builder has grown tiresome off englands political fits.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2019-04-01 at 12:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ahhhh the UK will crash, I see. Not showing the whole picture though are we? Same survey, same company giving the complete story...

https://www.markiteconomics.com/Surv...8a8841055e6954

As opposed to the EU which has already crashed.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

What do you fancy then dribbles? A Brexit so soft it could be called a Briexit? Or a General Election with the two main parties standing for a soft Brexit or a very soft Brexit? Or last choice, a second referendum that would reject Brexit entirely?

Because those are the choices you have left now. Basically BINO or no Brexit. You can't say I didn't warn you. You've ticked your last tock old bean.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    What do you fancy then dribbles? A Brexit so soft it could be called a Briexit? Or a General Election with the two main parties standing for a soft Brexit or a very soft Brexit? Or last choice, a second referendum that would reject Brexit entirely?

Because those are the choices you have left now. Basically BINO or no Brexit. You can't say I didn't warn you. You've ticked your last tock old bean.
    That sounds too much like a good timeline. Never forget that we live in the worst.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

You are counting chickens again. The clock is still ticking...

All the UK and the EU needs, as our Jacob agrees, is a few more sensible German politicians like Alice. I must admit eurochums having just watched this my heart had a little flutter... shame she is only in opposition, for now.

https://twitter.com/Jacob_Rees_Mogg/...28768193404935

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Disappointed in you Dribbles. Losing faith in your own arguments enough to merit quoting a far right German politician. Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Disappointed in you Dribbles. Losing faith in your own arguments enough to merit quoting a far right German politician. Sad
    But it's true.

Europe/Germany brought it upon themselves. Their hand was heavily overplayed. Their gains aren't going to be worth the costs, and might as well be short-lived.

All the UK and the EU needs, as our Jacob agrees, is a few more sensible German politicians like Alice. I must admit eurochums having just watched this my heart had a little flutter... shame she is only in opposition, for now.

https://twitter.com/Jacob_Rees_Mogg/...28768193404935

All it needs for your wet dreams is a German fringe party to gain 20~30% to make Britain Great again? Way to Empire, my dude...

Quoting nazis now, Dribs? Showing your true colours, mein Herr... are you sure you're ready for the backlash?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    All it needs for your wet dreams is a German fringe party to gain 20~30% to make Britain Great again? Way to Empire, my dude...
    You make it sound like the party that millions and millions and millions voted for in Germany are fringe extremists.

And yet they are not. They are pretty much the mainstream official opposition.

They are pretty much the mainstream official opposition.
    In the same way that UKIP are "pretty much" the mainstream official opposition in the UK, right? They are currently polling at 12%-13% in Germany, so not exactly what we would call the "main" opposition party in the UK - stop being disingenuous.

7+ Year Old Account
    In the same way that UKIP are "pretty much" the mainstream official opposition in the UK, right? They are currently polling at 12%-13% in Germany, so not exactly what we would call the "main" opposition party in the UK - stop being disingenuous.
    They have 94 MP's in the Bundestag, no comparison to UKIP, stop being disingenuous.

As I said the official opposition.

They have 94 MP's in the Bundestag, no comparison to UKIP, stop being disingenuous.

As I said the official opposition.
    Some of us still remember earlier in this thread dribbles. When your mask of the jovial Brexiteer slipped and we got a glimpse of what felt like a very genuine fascist that lurks behind it. We also remember just how angry you got when you were called out on it, almost as if you were upset with yourself for letting us see what you really stood for.

At least you had some degree of shame at that point. Now you blatantly link far right videos as being a good thing. Has the ongoing failure of your Brexit dream brought you this low? Such a pity.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

For a propagandist, this is too simple. Since both major parties are in a coalition, the third biggest party is the biggest opposition. Thus, AFD is "leading" the opposition. What mein Herr, Sturmbannführer Dribbler, is ignoring is that these nazis are shunned by everyone else. They are not leading anyone. They are a pariah in parliament. And "mainstream" is never, under no definition, anything that has just 12% of the votes. They are a fringe party that was subversed by nazis. And his support for them speaks volumes.