View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I really hope Bercow tells her she can't bring it back because it's already been rejected twice.
    Ironic how she wants the House to vote X times on the deal, but somehow asking for a second referendum is akin to treason in her book... fucking hypocrite.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Ironic how she wants the House to vote X times on the deal, but somehow asking for a second referendum is akin to treason in her book... fucking hypocrite.
    No idea what you mean, it makes perfect sense that MPs are allowed to change their minds but the general public are not

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    "Next Exiters" - people that think a super successful no deal Brexit will lead to multiple other EU countries also choosing to leave the EU.
    Ha, lol... that idea was even stupider than thinking the UK could dictate terms to the EU.

- - - Updated - - -

No idea what you mean, it makes perfect sense that MPs are allowed to change their minds but the general public are not
    Yes, probably because the general public is full of stupid people while the people in parliament are all smart, duh...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.

Yes, probably because the general public is full of stupid people while the people in parliament are all smart, duh...
    Ab-sooooo-luteeeeeely

Neither Trump nor Brexit will change that the UK are essentially European, whether they like it or not. And they are family, whether they like it or not. Even if the UK turned nazi and started WW3, they would at some point in the future be welcomed back. Just like it happened with Germany. So, this little episode? It's just that, an episode. Exactly like Trump is just an episode. We are irritated by their antics. But we also know that it's only temporary. We're doing our bit to, kind of, keep the house from burning down, but later we'll keep defending the fort together.

Or, as I like to put it... I might fight with my brother over stupid bullshit once in a while, but if you want to pick a fight with him, you'll have to go through me first.
    How dare you insinuate that we, as Brits are in anyway European! I think you will find that as descendents of Picts, Celts, Romans, Vikings, Saxons and Norman's that we have fuck all to do with Europe and never have! Equally if we turned Nazi and started WWIII then we wouldn't need you to accept us back because we would of won and you would be lucky to have us consider you slightly inferior on our totem pole of race.

Now you can take your good will and lovely long term sentiments and shove them where the sun doesn't shine! It's called Grimsby and we are very proud of it!
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2019-03-14 at 12:05 AM.

How dare you insinuate that we, as Brits are in anyway European! I think you will find that as descendents of Picts, Celts, Romans, Vikings, Saxons and Norman's that we have fuck all to do with Europe and never have! Equally if we turned Nazi and started WWIII then we wouldn't need you to accept us back because we would of won and you would be lucky to have us consider you slightly inferior on our totem pole of race.

Now you can take your good will and lovely long term sentiments and shove them where the sun doesn't shine! It's called Grimsby and we are very proud of it!
    That's fine. I'm looking forward to dangling the heroic "Battle of Germany" over your head for decades, if not possibly centuries as the sole thing that defeated you in the end while the rest of the world facepalms and says "Yeah... that and the rest of the world bombing the shit out of them..."

The first 4 letters of that places name describe it perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I don't like May and agree she doesn't listen but I'm left feeling what else could she do? I, also, agree that the deal is crap but, again, what else could she do? It's all well and good saying I don't like it but unless there is an alternative where we will end up is worse.

It seems to me that the majority of parliament has been happy to snipe from the sidelines but when the time comes to offer a solution, they snipe some more.
    She could call Corbyn's bluff and see if his idea goes through parliament (even if the EU says no), she could call for the people's vote, she could call on parliament to basically reverse Article 50. Hell she can tell the ERG to fuck off out of the conservative party and call a general election, watch as other conservatives take their place instead.

Her deal is dead. She is officially the worst prime minister to have held office post WW2 if we go by how many times the PM has lost in parliament (41 and counting) with 2 of the biggest 4 defeats. She had a 3 line whip that was defied by her own ministers and yet somehow hasn't fired them which means her credibility is gone, she's lost control of her party. She's the lamest of Lame ducks, more so than the last few years of Brown. She holds no authority over the commons.

(Maybe alternative is someone sneak into the palace and remind Elizabeth that technically she has powers that could be used in an emergancy that never really were got rid of in law /s)

That's fine. I'm looking forward to dangling the heroic "Battle of Germany" over your head for decades, if not possibly centuries as the sole thing that defeated you in the end while the rest of the world facepalms and says "Yeah... that and the rest of the world bombing the shit out of them..."
    Well...I have no idea how to deal with that really. I guess I just kind of accept that the Future Fascist Empire did some really terrible things and we should maybe educate our children so that they do better and don't repeat the horrible mistakes we made?

Also the Queen Kathrine was the best Droneship of WWIII. Fight me.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2019-03-14 at 12:35 AM.

Well...I have no idea how to deal with that really. I guess I just kind of accept that the Future Fascist Empire did some really terrible things and we should maybe educate our children so that they do better and don't repeat the horrible mistakes we made?

Also the Queen Kathrine was the best Droneship of WWIII. Fight me.
    Nah, we'll let Russia do the fighting. And as a reward, we'll give them England. Wales and Scotland will be independent countries and Northern Ireland will become a isolated island of itself, surrounded by the sea and... a wall. Naturally. 40 years onwards the world will celebrate as NI is finally reunited, ending that discussion once and for all. Sinn Fein will continue to suffer a meaningless existance as the once-important party that nobody gives a shit about because they never learned how to do actual policy. :P

"Next Exiters" - people that think a super successful no deal Brexit will lead to multiple other EU countries also choosing to leave the EU.
    Actually Nexit refers to Netherlands Exit. Which is economic suicide, 20million people vs the world?
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Actually Nexit refers to Netherlands Exit. Which is economic suicide, 20million people vs the world?
    There were other groupings in the EU hoping for a good brexit so they could use it for their own exit campaign

As an Australian, I'm glad that finally we have another parliament that can finally make ours look partially sane. The last decade in Australian politics has been an embarrassment from all sides of politics but we can at last point out that there is another one doing even worse than ours.

From reporting over here, it sounds like the Conservatives are tearing themselves in two and it isn't like Labour is doing much better as the majority of MPs would rather get rid of Corbyn but they can't and everyone is just playing politics and point scoring with the current debacle.

The EU have said that there is going to be no further extensions or negotiations, correct? Is there even a chance that they would reconsider or is that it?

If so, there would be no time for another election or referendum given how short a period of time is left, which leaves only two options, either a hard brexit or cancelling A50. Is that it?

Its going to be a very bumpy ride over the net couple of weeks if that is the case.

So long as the Irish border and the Good Friday agreement exists, no deal is a dead start. You'll see an 11th hour revoke of A50 before you see no deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    As an Australian, I'm glad that finally we have another parliament that can finally make ours look partially sane. The last decade in Australian politics has been an embarrassment from all sides of politics but we can at last point out that there is another one doing even worse than ours.

From reporting over here, it sounds like the Conservatives are tearing themselves in two and it isn't like Labour is doing much better as the majority of MPs would rather get rid of Corbyn but they can't and everyone is just playing politics and point scoring with the current debacle.

The EU have said that there is going to be no further extensions or negotiations, correct? Is there even a chance that they would reconsider or is that it?

If so, there would be no time for another election or referendum given how short a period of time is left, which leaves only two options, either a hard brexit or cancelling A50. Is that it?

Its going to be a very bumpy ride over the net couple of weeks if that is the case.
    For the EU to give a short extension, they’ll need a solid plan for what the Brit’s will do. Sadly solid plans aren’t their strong side, and May have lost all credibility. Hard brexit or revoking is probably where it’s at, one could speculate that this was the plan all along.

Currently all EU news is brexit at this point, there’s 27 other eu countries who are sick and tired of the UK acting like the crazy teenage girl in the house, and wants to focus on the EU parliament elections, and not another short version of “will May fuck it up again?”

An 11th hour revoke seems to be a minefield all of its own.

So basically the current parliament has spent two and a half years destabilising the UK economy and destroying what credibility they had left on both sides all for nothing. There will be a lot of very angry voters out there in both camps. The next GE will be interesting to watch. From a very safe distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    An 11th hour revoke seems to be a minefield all of its own.

So basically the current parliament has spent two and a half years destabilising the UK economy and destroying what credibility they had left on both sides all for nothing. There will be a lot of very angry voters out there in both camps. The next GE will be interesting to watch. From a very safe distance.
    There isn't a good ending to this in any scenario, but there are degrees of how crap a bad ending we can have. No deal is the ultimate bad ending for this, and if we reach the 11th hour, any option will be open to prevent it.

We can't have the Good Friday agreement broken, that is a risk to the UK that is simply not acceptable.

Sounds like a complete disaster no matter what happens.

From reporting over here, neither main party sounds like they are particularly sane any more. Is there any indication how all of this is going to impact the next GE? Rise of populists given they are all the rage at the moment elsewhere, the emergence of a slightly more sane third party or just more of the same insanity?

Wow, that's a lot closer than I estimated. I would've bet money on a result as clear as yesterday. But my prediction still holds true. Wait for the approval of an extension request tomorrow. And on the EU's laughter echoing through Brussels on Friday when May actually asks for an extension without any clue on what to do with it.
    That was the vote on the amendment to change the resolution on the table to read not "No to No Deal on March 29" but "No to No Deal at any time". After the amendment the motion passed with a 43 strong majority. Or at least, I think. This entire thing is not exactly easy to follow by BBC headlines.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    So long as the Irish border and the Good Friday agreement exists, no deal is a dead start. You'll see an 11th hour revoke of A50 before you see no deal.
    I wish.

I have a bottle of 18-year old Glenlivet somewhere, I'll break it open if you are right.