View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #16081
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    The government was required by the law that enabled the referendum in the first place to publish that brochure.
    And you think that was fair that the remain positioned government with all its lies, money, no - my tax money, and machinery behind it campaigned for leave without giving equal succour and resource to the leave side? and then has the cheek to accuse the leave side of illegal spending? more Nonsense.

    Britannia waives the rules!

  2. #16082
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    50,704
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And you think that was fair that the remain positioned government with all its lies, money, no - my tax money, and machinery behind it campaigned for leave without giving equal succour and resource to the leave side? and then has the cheek to accuse the leave side of illegal spending? more Nonsense.

    Guess you're stuck in the EU for another six months, bub.
    This website is not a place of honor. No highly esteemed deed is commemorated here. Nothing valued is here. What is here is dangerous and repulsive to us. The danger is in a particular location. The danger is still present in your time as it was in ours.

    Get in loser, we're saving the USPS.

  3. #16083
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    22,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Guess you're stuck in the EU for another six months, bub.
    But it was no-deal by default, it can't be another six months!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  4. #16084
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And you think that was fair that the remain positioned government with all its lies, money, no - my tax money, and machinery behind it campaigned for leave without giving equal succour and resource to the leave side? and then has the cheek to accuse the leave side of illegal spending? more Nonsense.
    They accused Leave of spending dirty money, and were proven correct, and Leave accepted their guilt. Your point about fairness was what, again?

  5. #16085
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And you think that was fair that the remain positioned government with all its lies, money, no - my tax money, and machinery behind it campaigned for leave without giving equal succour and resource to the leave side? and then has the cheek to accuse the leave side of illegal spending? more Nonsense.
    As usual, reality has to intrude into planet dribbles. The Remain side were fined for some minor issues, certainly. But Leave were fined for a whole raft of issues with the setup of their campaign, the spending and so on. And if the referendum had been legally binding, it would have faced a challenge to its legality that would almost certainly have found it overturned. It was only the fact (I'll explain that word to you if you want, you don't seem to understand what it means) that it wasn't binding that meant it couldn't be challenged legally.

    It's an interesting turn from you though. Now that you know you've lost, you are starting to whine like a child that the whole thing isn't fair. The very thing you were lambasting about Remain voters, and now the boots on the other foot that's your go-to move. I'm not sure what stage of grief you are on now, but it does feel close to the end. So chin up.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  6. #16086
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    50,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    But it was no-deal by default, it can't be another six months!
    He might actually have an aneurysm if Article 50 gets withdrawn.
    This website is not a place of honor. No highly esteemed deed is commemorated here. Nothing valued is here. What is here is dangerous and repulsive to us. The danger is in a particular location. The danger is still present in your time as it was in ours.

    Get in loser, we're saving the USPS.

  7. #16087
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And you think that was fair that the remain positioned government with all its lies, money, no - my tax money, and machinery behind it campaigned for leave without giving equal succour and resource to the leave side? and then has the cheek to accuse the leave side of illegal spending? more Nonsense.

    Pro-Brexit facts... Biggest example of an Oxymoron I have seen this past decade.

  8. #16088
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I don't know if you think making fun of your own argument somehow gives it more credibility, but you do you.
    I don't know how does length of particular rule affects one's understanding of democratic processes; clearly you think that matters, could you show your reasoning behind it?

    Maybe we should dismiss all German opinions until they replaced Merkel?

  9. #16089
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And you think that was fair that the remain positioned government with all its lies, money, no - my tax money, and machinery behind it campaigned for leave without giving equal succour and resource to the leave side? and then has the cheek to accuse the leave side of illegal spending? more Nonsense.

    Where did remain lie?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  10. #16090
    If the hardcore brexiters wanted to brexit they have had a number of chances to do so. At each opportunity they refuse. Right now it really looks like they are looking for someway to just shovel this whole mess into a corner somewhere and forget it ever happened.

  11. #16091
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Elections in Germany are conducted in a far more legitimate and fair manner than they are in Russia, along with the press actually being free.
    That's just your opinion, clearly tainted by Western propaganda /s

    There are plenty of free press available in Russia as well (not all, but enough).

    But so what... How does that "fairness and legitimacy" in other country or my own country affects my understanding?
    Are you of thinking that only ones who participated in "truly legitimate and fair elections" can have any opinion on democracy?
    Is one-time enough or does it have to be reoccurring? Could you show your credentials that allow you to talk about democracy?

    As we're seeing with Brexit, people can live perfectly fine without understanding systems under which they live at all.

    Maybe Russia should try that if Russia wants to be considered democratic.
    Or maybe we can try something else; democracy isn't the only option, and there is really no upside to getting "recognized as democratic" on Western terms rather then our own terms.

  12. #16092
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    5,797
    so the UK has 6 month to find a way to cancel Brexit without losing face now.

  13. #16093
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Where did remain lie?
    Really? Take your blinkers off matey...

    https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mat..._12191462.html
    Britannia waives the rules!

  14. #16094
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Really? Take your blinkers off matey...

    https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mat..._12191462.html
    I stopped reading your linked blog post at "The UK gives the EU a gross contribution of £350 million a week. This is not a lie,"

    Seriously, after all this time....

  15. #16095
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Really? Take your blinkers off matey...
    We were told companies would leave the UK in their droves, especially in the car industry. There is no sign of this
    Er... why are you linking blatantly unicorn articles from 2016?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-04-11 at 10:42 PM.

  16. #16096
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Er... why are you linking blatantly unicorn articles from 2016?
    Er... did you forget that was the year the referendum was held? It doesn't seem reasonable to you that an article from that time would be linked?

    No? Ok then just take it from me, that article is timeless.
    Britannia waives the rules!

  17. #16097
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Er... did you forget that was the year the referendum was held? It doesn't seem reasonable to you that an article from that time would be linked?

    No? Ok then just take it from me, that article is timeless.
    An article talking about zero companies leaving the UK, especially car companies, is timeless?

    It's more fun when you try harder, honestly

  18. #16098
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Er... did you forget that was the year the referendum was held? It doesn't seem reasonable to you that an article from that time would be linked?

    No? Ok then just take it from me, that article is timeless.
    You're barely even trying to troll now.

  19. #16099
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Really? Take your blinkers off matey...

    https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mat..._12191462.html
    I repeat my question, where did remain lie?

    Now, let's rip apart your "response":

    It's an article from 2016. The £350 million a week is a really sketchy napkin math exaggeration, ignoring the money that flows back in return. We do know the difference between gross and net, that's why remainers have pointed out that leavers are using semantics to obfuscate the issue. See, you say X amount is coming back, but when you're told it's not X, it's X-Y, you pretend you meant that all along. No, you don't. As long as nobody points it out, you're happy to lie by omission. The money is not being spent on the NHS as we know now. It could be spent on it, but it will not be spent on it. As we know now. As we predicted back then. Again, this is the leave side obfuscating reality and then going "Oh yeah, well, we could, so what we said was technically correct." Yes, but also - again - lying by omission.

    Next, the quote about Tusk is a blatant misquote. The original said "[...]Als Historiker fürchte ich: Der Brexit könnte der Beginn der Zerstörung nicht nur der EU, sondern der gesamten politischen Zivilisation des Westens sein."

    https://www.bild.de/politik/ausland/...2200.bild.html

    The BBC has a better translation: ""As a historian I fear Brexit could be the beginning of the destruction of not only the EU but also Western political civilisation in its entirety," he told the German newspaper Bild."

    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics...endum-36515680

    This is propaganda for everyone to witness. One line suggests Brexit to be the cause of destruction, the other indicating Brexit possibly being a marker for when destruction is about to happen.

    But, the article now downplays Brexit by pointing out civilisation still exists. Yes, because the referendum is not Brexit, it's just a referendum. Brexit hasn't happened, yet. Won't happen until the UK is actually out. But for someting that hasn't happened, yet, it clearly has significant negative impact on the UK already. I quoted enough companies leaving the UK or shifting out of the UK in parts, I don't think I need to repeat that.

    I have no idea what the paragraph with Cameron was on about... Someone got lost in his own fiction there, I dare say. But sure, let it be a lie. *shrug*

    He goes on about a recession not happening. Erm, yeah it is happening. And again, Brexit isn't even here, yet. So, this is what you get for quoting a 2 year old article. You're outright lying, you cheap f...

    The jury is still out on job losses, but considering that your economy is already beginning to nosedive, I'd say this study is fairly serious:

    https://www.statista.com/chart/16377...it-job-losses/

    But when unicorns don't show up, believe in the reality of two years ago when literally nothing has happened, yet. That's what you do, don't you?

    "There is no sign of this [companies leaving the UK]." A lie? Let's see...

    Aviva
    Bank of America
    Merril Lynch
    Barclays
    Credit Suisse
    Dyson
    Ford
    BMW
    Goldman Sachs
    Honda
    HSBC
    Jaguara Land Rover
    Toyota
    JPMorgan Chase
    Lloyds of London
    Michelin
    Moneygram
    Nissan
    Panasonic
    P&O
    Philips
    Rolls-Royce
    Schaeffler
    Sony
    UBS
    Unilever

    All of those companies are moving assets, jobs and HQs to the continent and/or are slashing jobs in the UK. And the list is fucking growing daily.

    Personally, I like the bits about Cameron. So, Cameron was a lying fuck. And that makes every Remainer a lying fuck? Okay, that's sound logic right there.


    But this circle logic is also beautiful:

    "The former Prime Minister also tried to claim the UK could manage its immigration policy while inside the EU. Why are 'Remain' campaigners insisting we start to control immigration in any Brexit deal then? Because we cannot control EU immigration now, proving Cameron was lying."

    So Cameron talks about the situation while being in the EU. The author then talks about (unknown) 'Remain' campaigners talking about control in a deal situation, which somehow (without any sources) means in reverse that you don't have control while in the EU (fuck knows how that conclusion works) and thus Cameron (again representing everything about leave) is a liar? How's that work in fairy tale land?

    So yes, please... do challenge the Remain narrative. Because so far, you and your inbred cousins have done fuck all to challenge any of the facts you're presented with. You've been proven wrong at every turn time and again. And of course you'll ignore this post as well, because you got fuck all to say except lies, deceit and semantics you sad little pr...
    Last edited by Slant; 2019-04-11 at 11:40 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  20. #16100
    Yeah my car insurer (Nissay-Dowa, annual earnings nearly 8 billion pounds) wrote to me a couple of months ago to inform me that they were moving their corporate HQ to Luxembourg and I quote "due to Brexit". Because financial services companies with their HQ in London could risk not being granted licenses to trade in the EU after Brexit (a customs union wouldn't help because they don't handle services, only goods).

    So yeah, major international companies are moving staff, headquarters and assents out of the UK, and fast. And even cancelling Brexit wouldn't be enough to tempt them back.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •