View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #16301
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's funny how they feel more European than some people in a nation that is full member.
    Sure. The problem in the UK is that many people are not too happy about their livelihoods, communities and struggle a whole lot for such a rich country. I can understand 50% is pissed off and wants to kick in the balls all the remote powers that don't seem to improve their lifestyle. The EU took the blame, yet again.
    I guess the vast majority of norwegians don't worry as much about making ends meet, or their pensions, or healthcare so they get to be ore philosophical.

  2. #16302
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    22,023
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    It isn't about that though is it. The remainers were the first to call the EU elections a re-run of the referendum. The Brexiteers weren't really interested at first but reluctantly said game on, and now we have what we have.

    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...oft-referendum

    We see the remainers rowing back, crying and practicing their excuses for when they lose as a result. Diddums, we've heard it all before...
    Please explain for once, how this election matters regarding Brexit?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  3. #16303
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Please explain for once, how this election matters regarding Brexit?
    cuz r3m04n3rs git pwnd.

    Do trolls still speak like that these days?

  4. #16304
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Please explain for once, how this election matters regarding Brexit?
    Ask them, it was their idea. Here's one perspective from a lesser spotted remainer...

    Britain will have its second referendum – at the EU elections on 23 May

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-vote-register

    They'll still be bad losers about it though afterwards. No surprises there.
    Britannia waives the rules!

  5. #16305
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    22,023
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Ask them, it was their idea. Here's one perspective from a lesser spotted remainer...

    Britain will have its second referendum – at the EU elections on 23 May

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-vote-register

    They'll still be bad losers about it though afterwards. No surprises there.
    So you can't explain it but are happy about UKIP or the Brexit Party winning seats? Why are you happy about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  6. #16306
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So you can't explain it but are happy about UKIP or the Brexit Party winning seats? Why are you happy about that?
    So you didn't read the article from the "horses mouth" so to speak? Of course I am happy with the Brexit party or UKIP winning seats, didn't you guess that I would be?
    Britannia waives the rules!

  7. #16307
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    22,023
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    So you didn't read the article from the "horses mouth" so to speak? Of course I am happy with the Brexit party or UKIP winning seats, didn't you guess that I would be?
    Seriously that post makes no sense. The second question after quoting my post doesn't just make no sense it's bordering insanity to ask "Of course I am happy ..., didn't you guess that I would be?" after I asked you "Why are you happy about that?".

    Maybe it wasn't clear enough.

    Let's try again. Why are you happy that UKIP or the Brexit Party gain seats?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  8. #16308
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Ask them, it was their idea. Here's one perspective from a lesser spotted remainer...

    Britain will have its second referendum – at the EU elections on 23 May

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-vote-register

    They'll still be bad losers about it though afterwards. No surprises there.
    So according to the poll you posted earlier less than a quarter want a Farage Brexit, a quarter want no brexit at all and the other 50% would prefer brexit but don't want a Farage brexit (some of whom would prefer to not leave if it meant a Farage brexit).

  9. #16309
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    That's really odd. Dribbles was so keen on linking poll results to us, but he missed this one. And didn't respond to you when you linked it. Possibly because it's pretty crap for his wonderful Brexit party, compared to the poll he did link?

    On this basis, the Brexit party would get a lot fewer seats than UKIP managed in 2014. And the EU managed to survive that bunch of useless pricks. Another nail in the coffin, we might have to seal dribbles in with the corpse if this carries on.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  10. #16310
    This poll is, potentially, interesting if it is a true reflection of attitudes across the UK.

    https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/sta...51361461346304

  11. #16311
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    50,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    This poll is, potentially, interesting if it is a true reflection of attitudes across the UK.

    https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/sta...51361461346304
    Hmm. Interesting indeed.
    This website is not a place of honor. No highly esteemed deed is commemorated here. Nothing valued is here. What is here is dangerous and repulsive to us. The danger is in a particular location. The danger is still present in your time as it was in ours.

    Get in loser, we're saving the USPS.

  12. #16312
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Seriously that post makes no sense. The second question after quoting my post doesn't just make no sense it's bordering insanity to ask "Of course I am happy ..., didn't you guess that I would be?" after I asked you "Why are you happy about that?".

    Maybe it wasn't clear enough.

    Let's try again. Why are you happy that UKIP or the Brexit Party gain seats?
    I support what the Brexit party stands for, why don't you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    So according to the poll you posted earlier less than a quarter want a Farage Brexit, a quarter want no brexit at all and the other 50% would prefer brexit but don't want a Farage brexit (some of whom would prefer to not leave if it meant a Farage brexit).
    And how many support remain? In percentage terms is it still in single figures?

    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    That's really odd. Dribbles was so keen on linking poll results to us, but he missed this one. And didn't respond to you when you linked it. Possibly because it's pretty crap for his wonderful Brexit party, compared to the poll he did link?

    On this basis, the Brexit party would get a lot fewer seats than UKIP managed in 2014. And the EU managed to survive that bunch of useless pricks. Another nail in the coffin, we might have to seal dribbles in with the corpse if this carries on.
    Hahaha really? The only poll that counts is the one on the day. But if you truly believe that your vision is the future, and I doubt it, you can always put your money where your mouth is, I have...

    https://www.oddschecker.com/politics...ons-most-seats

    But seriously for you I wouldn't, you'd lose too much money!
    Britannia waives the rules!

  13. #16313
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    50,431
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And how many support remain? In percentage terms is it still in single figures?
    58%, if the current figure is to be believed.
    This website is not a place of honor. No highly esteemed deed is commemorated here. Nothing valued is here. What is here is dangerous and repulsive to us. The danger is in a particular location. The danger is still present in your time as it was in ours.

    Get in loser, we're saving the USPS.

  14. #16314
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    58%, if the current figure is to be believed.
    Bollocks. Sample size 1000, probably residents in London. The only party clearly for remain is the Lib Dems. How are they doing in pre EU election polls?

    Don't make me laugh....
    Britannia waives the rules!

  15. #16315
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And how many support remain? In percentage terms is it still in single figures?
    58%. @Pann posted a poll.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Bollocks. Sample size 1000, probably residents in London. The only party clearly for remain is the Lib Dems. How are they doing in pre EU election polls?

    Don't make me laugh....
    Sample size of 1000 is enough for 1% degree of confidence. I understand that any poll that does not reflect your view of the world is bullshit to you though.

  16. #16316
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    58%. @Pann posted a poll.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sample size of 1000 is enough for 1% degree of confidence. I understand that any poll that does not reflect your view of the world is bullshit to you though.
    So we can say with 99% confidence it could be wrong? I'd say 99.9999999999999% it is lol Desperate times for you remainers.
    Britannia waives the rules!

  17. #16317
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Hahaha really? The only poll that counts is the one on the day. But if you truly believe that your vision is the future, and I doubt it, you can always put your money where your mouth is, I have...

    https://www.oddschecker.com/politics...ons-most-seats

    But seriously for you I wouldn't, you'd lose too much money!
    And what were the odds on Remain the day before the referendum? Wasn't it something like 1-12? Sometimes the odds are wrong.

    Anyway, I'm comfortable. Even if you get up to 30%, that still reflects that you don't have a mandate. And you never will. This EU election will send the message, and the 2nd referendum will follow it. After that Brexit will be officially off before you know it. Tick, tock.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  18. #16318
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Bollocks. Sample size 1000, probably residents in London. The only party clearly for remain is the Lib Dems. How are they doing in pre EU election polls?

    Don't make me laugh....
    Assuming the methodology in selecting the polled samples is sound, a sample size of 1,000 is more than adequate.

    With that said I would be extremely cautious in taking the result of one poll as being indicative of the feeling across the UK. I also find it somewhat worrisome that, even though this poll shows a remain majority, it still shows that the country is deeply divided on Brexit.

  19. #16319
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    So we can say with 99% confidence it could be wrong? I'd say 99.9999999999999% it is lol Desperate times for you remainers.
    No, the poll says that between 57 and 59% would vote Remain, and between 41 and 43% would vote Leave. That's how polling and confidence intervals works.

  20. #16320
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Bollocks. Sample size 1000, probably residents in London. The only party clearly for remain is the Lib Dems. How are they doing in pre EU election polls?

    Don't make me laugh....
    Another thing to add to the list of "things that dribbles doesn't understand how they work". Polling. That list is getting longer by the minute. There really is no beginning to your talents.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •