View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #16821
    High Overlord Vermented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Trashed Account. Fuck this forum.
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    hmmm, Bercow will not allow a 4th vote anyway unless the motion is different. but if commons is so divided, a PV may gain support as failsafe.
    4th, 5th, 6th It's not going to help. The UK is going to hard brexit in all the chaos on 12 april, and if they're really lucky they can gather enough mp's to cancel brexit all together.

  2. #16822
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    5,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermented View Post
    4th, 5th, 6th It's not going to help. The UK is going to hard brexit in all the chaos on 12 april, and if they're really lucky they can gather enough mp's to cancel brexit all together.
    the brexit process should gain momentun, in whatever direction it may be. as long as HoC strikes off certain options it forces itself also to think about those options left.
    some fog should disappear with fewer options in those indicative votes tomorrow; hopefully Bercow weeds out the really silly ones.

  3. #16823
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    He shouldn't have allowed the third vote tbh.
    No choice really. Not enough authority to defy a Govt backed deal if they play by the rules and they did. He might be able to stop the 4th if there is nothing the Govt can change enough to meet Bercow's ruling.

  4. #16824
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    No choice really. Not enough authority to defy a Govt backed deal if they play by the rules and they did. He might be able to stop the 4th if there is nothing the Govt can change enough to meet Bercow's ruling.
    Splitting something in parts doesn't really change it imo.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  5. #16825
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Splitting something in parts doesn't really change it imo.
    I think it's fair to say that the Govt wasn't playing within the spirit of The Speakers ruling. But they did abide by it technically, or at least enough to muddy the waters so that it would be Bercow who caught flak for shutting it down.

  6. #16826
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    hmmm, Bercow will not allow a 4th vote anyway unless the motion is different. but if commons is so divided, a PV may gain support as failsafe.
    ...am I the only one who thinks Bercow in Parlament shouting "oooordaaaaah! OOOOooordahhhHHH!", his overly emotive "DIVISOOOOONclearthelobby!" and his weird smirky smugness comes off as Terry Jones doing a Monty Python skit IRL? >.>

  7. #16827
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    ...am I the only one who thinks Bercow in Parlament shouting "oooordaaaaah! OOOOooordahhhHHH!", his overly emotive "DIVISOOOOONclearthelobby!" and his weird smirky smugness comes off as Terry Jones doing a Monty Python skit IRL? >.>
    I have watched a few other speakers, in the hopes they were as entertaining... they looked like overwhelmed kindergarten teachers not being able to control the coffeinated kid party whirling around them. This doesn't affect me, but Bercow certainly looks more in control than his predecessors.

    I remember one dude in particular, a very gentle elderly person going "order.. o-o-order.. order" in a very timid and friendly don't-want-to-disturb voice.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  8. #16828
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    5,006
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    ...am I the only one who thinks Bercow in Parlament shouting "oooordaaaaah! OOOOooordahhhHHH!", his overly emotive "DIVISOOOOONclearthelobby!" and his weird smirky smugness comes off as Terry Jones doing a Monty Python skit IRL? >.>
    afaik it is his last term as Speaker anyway, so he doesnt seem to give a fuck now. GE, which will happen likely, will end his term also.

  9. #16829
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I remember one dude in particular, a very gentle elderly person going "order.. o-o-order.. order" in a very timid and friendly don't-want-to-disturb voice.
    Ahh, Michael Martin. He was pretty spineless and let the Labour government get away with just about anything.

    Bercow may end up staying longer than the summer, partially due to the fact Brexit demands a strong Speaker to get through this mess and partially because there are elements of the Conservative government to deny him life peerage, which is traditionally bestowed upon a retiring Speaker.

    His level of confidence and "honey badger don't care" esque attitude is exactly what the House needs. He's truly delivered a sense of neutrality in his proceedings, and the Commons will be worse off when he goes.

  10. #16830
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  11. #16831
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Ahh, Michael Martin. He was pretty spineless and let the Labour government get away with just about anything.

    Bercow may end up staying longer than the summer, partially due to the fact Brexit demands a strong Speaker to get through this mess and partially because there are elements of the Conservative government to deny him life peerage, which is traditionally bestowed upon a retiring Speaker.

    His level of confidence and "honey badger don't care" esque attitude is exactly what the House needs. He's truly delivered a sense of neutrality in his proceedings, and the Commons will be worse off when he goes.
    Yeah, he needs to take care not to get baited by the publicity, though. At times it feels like he knows exactly what he's doing when he does his antics. It shouldn't be self serving. Well, I would say that if I cared, really... not my parliament, he can do whatever the hell he wants. I'm just here for the entertainment.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We keep saying this, they keep ignoring us... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  12. #16832
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    17,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Watched a bit of BBC earlier when waking up (YAY nightshift -.-) you had conservatives still using the same shitty rhetoric. "We have to make every vote count!" but they can keep on voting on the same deal till it actually passes but people only get one vote. People still claiming that the EU will grant more time just willy nilly. That talk show episode should simply be called the great denial.

    There was perhaps two people who were reasonable, one who claimed that EU reform has to happen from within and just because 'cameron' failed it doesn't mean it is a failed cause.

    But hey still no consensus and people still thinking the EU will suddenly change after 3 years. Part of me wonders, is a no deal really the worst alternative? Considering these folks are the ones you elected now going to negotiate with that same EU your trade deal with them. And i can tell you right now you're going to lose billions if not more because they are going to try to appease a small electorate of fishermen (ex) who simply are going to be out of a job in a decade or so anyway because they don't know what the quotas are for except the EU is simply evil :/


    ps: to go into more specifics, i'm aware of a model coming to the BMW plant in the netherlands, something that supposedly is made primairly in the UK, a production line has been frozen for adjustments and other adjustments are being made elsewhere. Additional space has been created to create a larger buffer zone for parts from england. Even if the brexit is undone, i got a feeling for the large part the damage is done and the german car builder has grown tiresome off englands political fits.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2019-04-01 at 12:40 PM.

  13. #16833
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Ahhhh the UK will crash, I see. Not showing the whole picture though are we? Same survey, same company giving the complete story...

    https://www.markiteconomics.com/Surv...8a8841055e6954

    As opposed to the EU which has already crashed.
    Brexiteers are the new remainers. To remain outside of the EU.

  14. #16834
    What do you fancy then dribbles? A Brexit so soft it could be called a Briexit? Or a General Election with the two main parties standing for a soft Brexit or a very soft Brexit? Or last choice, a second referendum that would reject Brexit entirely?

    Because those are the choices you have left now. Basically BINO or no Brexit. You can't say I didn't warn you. You've ticked your last tock old bean.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  15. #16835
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    What do you fancy then dribbles? A Brexit so soft it could be called a Briexit? Or a General Election with the two main parties standing for a soft Brexit or a very soft Brexit? Or last choice, a second referendum that would reject Brexit entirely?

    Because those are the choices you have left now. Basically BINO or no Brexit. You can't say I didn't warn you. You've ticked your last tock old bean.
    That sounds too much like a good timeline. Never forget that we live in the worst.

  16. #16836
    Herald of the Titans dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brexitia
    Posts
    2,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    What do you fancy then dribbles? A Brexit so soft it could be called a Briexit? Or a General Election with the two main parties standing for a soft Brexit or a very soft Brexit? Or last choice, a second referendum that would reject Brexit entirely?

    Because those are the choices you have left now. Basically BINO or no Brexit. You can't say I didn't warn you. You've ticked your last tock old bean.
    You are counting chickens again. The clock is still ticking...

    All the UK and the EU needs, as our Jacob agrees, is a few more sensible German politicians like Alice. I must admit eurochums having just watched this my heart had a little flutter... shame she is only in opposition, for now.

    https://twitter.com/Jacob_Rees_Mogg/...28768193404935

    Brexiteers are the new remainers. To remain outside of the EU.

  17. #16837
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You are counting chickens again. The clock is still ticking...
    Disappointed in you Dribbles. Losing faith in your own arguments enough to merit quoting a far right German politician. Sad

  18. #16838
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Disappointed in you Dribbles. Losing faith in your own arguments enough to merit quoting a far right German politician. Sad
    But it's true.

    Europe/Germany brought it upon themselves. Their hand was heavily overplayed. Their gains aren't going to be worth the costs, and might as well be short-lived.

  19. #16839
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You are counting chickens again. The clock is still ticking...

    All the UK and the EU needs, as our Jacob agrees, is a few more sensible German politicians like Alice. I must admit eurochums having just watched this my heart had a little flutter... shame she is only in opposition, for now.

    https://twitter.com/Jacob_Rees_Mogg/...28768193404935

    All it needs for your wet dreams is a German fringe party to gain 20~30% to make Britain Great again? Way to Empire, my dude...

  20. #16840
    Quoting nazis now, Dribs? Showing your true colours, mein Herr... are you sure you're ready for the backlash?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •