View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    David Davis couldn't show up with anything, his hands were tied by a remainer PM and her arch remainer guru Olly Robbins. Ditto for the ERG and Johnson. The remainers who led a process they didn't believe in, in collusion with the EU enemy, are wholly responsible for the mess this is in.

The EU have seen nothing yet. They have been negotiating with remainers who don't even want Brexit lite. Wait until they come up against people who want and believe in a true clean Brexit, backed by the will of the people.
    This is probably lost on you, but the EU is far more experienced in negotiating deals than die hard brexiteers. The EU have been negotiating on behalf of 28 countries (including yours) for decades now. When the US arent able to make the EU bend over and take it, there's no way in hell little england will manage to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps they won't care any more. But it ought to be better for them to have a puppet quisling like Theresa May as PM rather than one who despises every word uttered out of Brussels. That obstinacy and intransigence is an EU failing, not UK.

And they would have has exploratory talks, except the stubborn and stupid EU refused any negotiations until the UK had served A50. This mess is on the EU.

Nope, the clarity of the referendum was crystal. I had no problem understanding it, nor did 17 million others.
    Of course the EU does not have "lets make a deal and then we'll see if we'll have a referendum on EU membership" talk with members.

It's like trying to figure out what you'll get out of a divorce, and then decide whether you want the divorce or not.

Either way, it'll be fun to watch the "350m for the NHS!" liar go through the EU negotiation machine. You'll be just as dissapointed as you must be with your "tick tock" nonsense.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2019-03-28 at 02:17 PM.

Boris Johnson at 7am yesterday

Boris Johnson at 7am today

As of lunchtime today, he is now saying the deal is dead again.

Was he right yesterday morning, or this morning, or this afternoon? @dribbles

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I think the amount of unicorns people voted for initially is clear in looking at the DUP. They don't want a hard border and they don't want a soft sea border and they don't want to be in the EU so short of somebody physically moving everybody in northern ireland to britain there was no way to accomplish what they were asking for.
    I think the trick is that they would not mind a hard border with Ireland.

Also, unicorns are nice! Observe:

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    From what I was looking at this seemed expected in the first round of these votes. We shall see if monday if any of those that were closer get whipped harder to push one across the line. Ironically if all the labor abstentions voted to revoke article 50 they had enough votes to push it through. I think seeing that and the second ref getting close are what is making some of the ERG doofs like boris worried and may get them to vote for mays deal.
    Whilst I do think revoking article 50 would be best for the country and it does fit with my personal preferences I don't want it done just by an Act of Parliament. A second referendum would be needed to show the Brexiteers that the will of the people has changed on this matter, and if a second referendum ends up with May's deal or a no deal Brexit then at least this time the people will have some idea what they were actually voting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I think the trick is that they would not mind a hard border with Ireland.
    The trick is they probably would not mind the Troubles; it's a boost to sectarianism and a chance to continue. I would not be surprised if some of the DUP lost people in the Troubles and care more for a new chance at revenge than peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Whilst I do think revoking article 50 would be best for the country and it does fit with my personal preferences I don't want it done just by an Act of Parliament. A second referendum would be needed to show the Brexiteers that the will of the people has changed on this matter, and if a second referendum ends up with May's deal or a no deal Brexit then at least this time the people will have some idea what they were actually voting for.
    I would agree that once they come to some kind of conclusion that has the votes to pass they need to put it into a referendum if the people want it or not because I don't think anything that can get the votes resembles what people voted for in the initial referendum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The trick is they probably would not mind the Troubles; it's a boost to sectarianism and a chance to continue. I would not be surprised if some of the DUP lost people in the Troubles and care more for a new chance at revenge than peace.
    But I think they would not be okay with a hard border likely triggering another swing towards unification that if people were given the option of hard border or unification may chose the latter if the UK is busy shooting itself in the feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That much goes without saying.

I don't think you will find anyone who says that May's deal is a good deal however legally it takes us outside the EU. As a first step, a deal that can be torn apart by a more UK friendly PM over the coming months is better than nothing.

This mess is on the remainers and the EU who at every opportunity have done all they can to put road blocks in front of the UK leaving the EU as they want to stop enacting the democratic will of the people.

We would not be in this position if the government had a strong majority and a leader such as Boris Johnson.

A general election can fix this as many constituencies, especially Labour, remove MP's who have promised one thing and done the exact opposite. No one can predict what parliament will look like until useless remainer MP's have been held accountable at the ballot box.
    Lol, sod off with this bullshit. Are you seriuos right now? The UK had nearly 3 years to get their shit in order and did almost nothing during that time, even right now there are almost no preparations in place for a no deal transition.

Nobody is going to take anyone from the UK serious any longer if they try to blame this one on the EU. Take respondibility for your own shortcomings for a change.
    We are often struck down easily. However no matter how often beaten, we can't forget the joy we felt during the dispute. The pleasure of stretching our willpower. The pleasure of trying out our own strength. The pleasure of seeing a manifestation of real comradely emotions among friends. The pleasure of seeing the world clearly split into camps of foes and friends. The pleasure of seeing an improvement in our own personality. by Sakae Osugi

I have a question, because I don't live in the UK and the news don't really show any of the negotiations happening in the british parliment, but... Do we know what the Pro-brexit politicians want, or is it just "We don't like that deal, May. You are a failure, now make a deal we want!" without any input in what they want?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Boris Johnson at 7am yesterday

As of lunchtime today, he is now saying the deal is dead again.

Was he right yesterday morning, or this morning, or this afternoon? @dribbles
    It is clear that Boris will do and say whatever it takes in the best interests of his country. That includes facilitating the removal of terrible Theresa and his installation as a brexiteer in her place in order to serve the democratic will of the people.

Over 17 million people will thank him for acting so honourably and selflessly for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Lol, sod off with this bullshit. Are you seriuos right now? The UK had nearly 3 years to get their shit in order and did almost nothing during that time, even right now there are almost no preparations in place for a no deal transition.

Nobody is going to take anyone from the UK serious any longer if they try to blame this one on the EU. Take respondibility for your own shortcomings for a change.
    But the process of the UK leaving over those 3 years was clearly led by remainers in collusion with the EU not brexiteers. If the PM had been a brexiteer surrounded by soul mates we would not be in this mess. This mess has been created by anti democratic remainers and the EU who have firmly been in charge of the progression of the UK exit. The EU and remainers must own this, brexiteers have had no part to play in it. Yet.

Don't worry they will have soon, and only they will sort it out.

It is clear that Boris will do and say whatever it takes in the best interests of his country. That includes facilitating the removal of terrible Theresa and his installation as a brexiteer in her place in order to serve the democratic will of the people.

Over 17 million people will thank him for acting so honourably and selflessly for that reason.
    I get the strong impression from this that you actually really dislike Johnson?

They will need some kind of seance to manage that. Statistically speaking, around 1m of those are dead already.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Brexophilia: The act of rubbing yourself against dead political ideas for sexual pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    They will need some kind of seance to manage that. Statistically speaking, around 1m of those are dead already.
    Maybe there is another million outraged at article 11/13/17 stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Lol I don't think there's a million outraged over all of Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Trebuchets new meta.

Turns out some of the MEPs didn't know what they were voting for on Article 13 and want to vote again.

But the process of the UK leaving over those 3 years was clearly led by remainers in collusion with the EU not brexiteers. If the PM had been a brexiteer surrounded by soul mates we would not be in this mess. This mess has been created by anti democratic remainers and the EU who have firmly been in charge of the progression of the UK exit. The EU and remainers must own this, brexiteers have had no part to play in it. Yet.

Don't worry they will have soon, and only they will sort it out.
    Where the hell do you keep getting 17million from, jesus christ the old and stupid met darwin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Englands own Mp's are as much to blame for that article passing than anyone and anyone blaming the EU needs to get a reality check and stop sleeping in their own shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Turns out some of the MEPs didn't know what they were voting for on Article 13 and want to vote again.
    You'd really think these overpaid fuckwits would study before mindlessly voting on something they don't fully understand, oh shit that happened with Brexit...

This is honestly why idiot's shouldn't be allowed to vote or people who vote should be made to take some form of exam to show that they know and understand what they are voting on.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    I have a question, because I don't live in the UK and the news don't really show any of the negotiations happening in the british parliment, but... Do we know what the Pro-brexit politicians want, or is it just "We don't like that deal, May. You are a failure, now make a deal we want!" without any input in what they want?
    Well see it like this.

Every Pro-Brexit politician ran for the hill the day after Cameron resigned and non of them wanted anything to do with making sure the UK left the EU in a good fashion.

Than when May got in power she had some pretty strong anti EU cabinet members in relevant positions.
    David Davis, Boris Johnson and Liam Fox

As far as I know all 3 of these had a really important positions in the this processes and are all anti EU so in the past 3 years they all had a chance to shape this processes in such a way that the Leave camp could accept.

Honestly I don't think they really care about May's deal that much or leaving the EU as it is now. Leaving the EU is secondary to there quest for becoming PM themselves. Don't forget though, reason why the UK is in a mess is because the British government was never prepared for anything. Ireland and the EU prepared for multiply scenario's and knew what they where doing at every step, EU just followed the processes. May and her goons ran on multiply fairytale level assumptions and instead of trying to work towards a solution that had broad support she just went further to the right.

So she can't bring the meaningful vote back a third time, so she's splitting the withdrawl agreement from the political declararion and bringing half a meaningful vote to the Commons tomorrow.

Except that wouldn't actually satisfy the requirements for leaving the EU.

Plus the DUP won't back it anyway, so it's dead on arrival and merely an indicator that we'll be requesting a longer Brexit extension, and as such be holding MEP elections

So she can't bring the meaningful vote back a third time, so she's splitting the withdrawl agreement from the political declararion and bringing half a meaningful vote to the Commons tomorrow.

Plus the DUP won't back it anyway, so it's dead on arrival and merely an indicator that we'll be requesting a longer Brexit extension, and as such be holding MEP elections
    Plus I think this entire "trick" qualifies as proof of the UK acting in bad faith. The WA was given as an offer TOGETHER with the political declaration.

It's on the BBC that the Govt actually expects it to fail but are looking to wittle the loss down from last time. Which seems like a bizarre fucking strategy since this is should be the last throw of the dice for it.