View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    All it needs for your wet dreams is a German fringe party to gain 20~30% to make Britain Great again? Way to Empire, my dude...
    You make it sound like the party that millions and millions and millions voted for in Germany are fringe extremists.

And yet they are not. They are pretty much the mainstream official opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And yet they are not. They are pretty much the mainstream official opposition.
    As was Nazi-Germany.

They are pretty much the mainstream official opposition.
    In the same way that UKIP are "pretty much" the mainstream official opposition in the UK, right? They are currently polling at 12%-13% in Germany, so not exactly what we would call the "main" opposition party in the UK - stop being disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    In the same way that UKIP are "pretty much" the mainstream official opposition in the UK, right? They are currently polling at 12%-13% in Germany, so not exactly what we would call the "main" opposition party in the UK - stop being disingenuous.
    They have 94 MP's in the Bundestag, no comparison to UKIP, stop being disingenuous.

As I said the official opposition.

They have 94 MP's in the Bundestag, no comparison to UKIP, stop being disingenuous.

As I said the official opposition.
    Some of us still remember earlier in this thread dribbles. When your mask of the jovial Brexiteer slipped and we got a glimpse of what felt like a very genuine fascist that lurks behind it. We also remember just how angry you got when you were called out on it, almost as if you were upset with yourself for letting us see what you really stood for.

At least you had some degree of shame at that point. Now you blatantly link far right videos as being a good thing. Has the ongoing failure of your Brexit dream brought you this low? Such a pity.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

For a propagandist, this is too simple. Since both major parties are in a coalition, the third biggest party is the biggest opposition. Thus, AFD is "leading" the opposition. What mein Herr, Sturmbannführer Dribbler, is ignoring is that these nazis are shunned by everyone else. They are not leading anyone. They are a pariah in parliament. And "mainstream" is never, under no definition, anything that has just 12% of the votes. They are a fringe party that was subversed by nazis. And his support for them speaks volumes.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

What Cameron asked was to remove Freedom of Movement. Which is the same thing the AfD asks for. So no, no one could have given them that and no one is going to give it to the AfD either.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

They have 94 MP's in the Bundestag, no comparison to UKIP, stop being disingenuous
    Due to proportional representation in the German parliament vs FPTP in ours - their share of the vote is (or was) pretty much identical to UKIPs in the UK.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-04-01 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What Cameron asked was to remove Freedom of Movement. Which is the same thing the AfD asks for. So no, no one could have given them that and no one is going to give it to the AfD either.
    We'll see how it plays out.

Leave tears on LBC are a joyous thing to listen to.

So much drama...

Labour gambling that by *finally* coming out in favour of BRINO the number of voters who will stick with them will be sufficient to oust a Tory party split down the middle. Still party politics, but at least I could live with the result: soft Brexit, Tories split, Labour government.

The question is to what ends will Maybot go to stop this. I heard a theory she'd bully the Queen into not giving royal assent.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post

So much drama...

Labour gambling that by *finally* coming out in favour of BRINO the number of voters who will stick with them will be sufficient to oust a Tory party split down the middle. Still party politics, but at least I could live with the result: soft Brexit, Tories split, Labour government.

The question is to what ends will Maybot go to stop this. I heard a theory she'd bully the Queen into not giving royal assent.
    You can bully the Queen?
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post

So much drama...

Her Majesty does not strike me as one easily bullied. How many prime ministers did she go through already?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You can bully the Queen?
    Both in theory and in practise, I'm not sure. But I have absolutely zero doubt that May is sufficiently mad enough to try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Her Majesty does not strike me as one easily bullied. How many prime ministers did she go through already?
    Yes, lol - I'm not really being serious. The idea that Liz would override parliament.... civil wars have been fought for less.

It was some sincere academic talking head on the radio waffling on about theoretical possibilities.

In fairness, I do have some sympathy for that lot. I'm not really an out and out republican. It's a poisoned chalice their life - infinite resources but an inability to live a normal life.

Due to proportional representation in the German parliament vs FPTP in ours - their share of the vote is (or was) pretty much identical to UKIPs in the UK.
    Oh that's interesting. All I ever hear here is the wonders of PR and yet it allows huge representation (94 MP'S) of extremists, that sounds a really really bad way to do things, do you agree?

Glad we have cleared up that FPTP is the superior from of democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Quite a few. And she fired the Australian government because they couldn't decide on a budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Quite a few. And she fired the Australian government because they couldn't decide on a budget.
    No, she didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    No, she didn't.
    The Governor General is her direct representative in Australia and everything he/she does or says is done in the Queen's name. So, legally, she did.

Oh that's interesting. All I ever hear here is the wonders of PR and yet it allows huge representation (94 MP'S) of extremists, that sounds a really really bad way to do things, do you agree?

Glad we have cleared up that FPTP is the superior from of democracy.
    FPTP is on its way out, Mr D.

This fiasco is a complete and utter sham.

It all needs to change: our media, our politics, the whole fucking lot. Adversarial politics needs to be dispensed with and we need to embrace consensus politics.

You, know - I'm a remainer; however, I'd go along with May's deal or a soft Brexit to avoid conflict. All I hear from you idealogues on the fringes is: conflict, conflict & more conflict.

I will heartily cheer the Tories splitting and the right of her party (and indeed the country) disappearing off angrily into the good night.

And you know what that will mean? The result of your inability to compromise? Corbyn and co. in Downing St. Personally, I can live with this. Can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The Governor General is her direct representative in Australia and everything he does or says is done in the Queen's name. So, legally, she did.
    Apart from the fact that it was Sir John Kerr that decided to dismiss the Australian PM and he did not inform the Queen prior to doing so.

Why are you guys arguing seriously about the Queen?

The Queen is not going to deny royal assent. She's going to be evac'd to Sandringham with her corgis where she'll stay, giving occasional not-so-subtle lectures to the WI about the importance of national unity.